23. Mississippi State
24. Baylor
25. Michigan

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, not much love for Mizzou I see

Okie35
AHHHH... the BCS poll will be funny then.

tcrb
About what I expected.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 11:53 AM
Wow, not much love for Mizzou I see

We beat OUrselves.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 11:54 AM
yeah about right, but I expected to be ahead of the wisc-tOSU pack

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 11:55 AM
We beat OUrselves.

I disagree. Missouri deserves credit where credit is due. We obviously didn't help our cause with the foolish turnovers, but Mizzou is a good team and they came ready to play, we didn't.

My point with my previous post is I'm a little surprised Mizzou wasn't given more credit for their win over us and they weren't moved up more than they were.

landrun
10/24/2010, 11:55 AM
yeah about right, but I expected to be ahead of the wisc-tOSU pack

Me too. I hate the human polls.

mightysooner
10/24/2010, 11:56 AM
We beat OUrselves.

Looked to me like Missouri beat us. Prevent defense rushing four, dropping seven into coverage, from the first quarter to the last, with receivers running through our weak zones uncovered all night, while everybody is eye guarding Gabbert instead of their receivers as they run by them. Same problem we've had for years now.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 11:59 AM
I disagree. Missouri deserves credit where credit is due. We obviously didn't help our cause with the foolish turnovers, but Mizzou is a good team and they came ready to play, we didn't.

My point with my previous post is I'm a little surprised Mizzou wasn't given more credit for their win over us and they weren't moved up more than they were.

Hence, we beat ourselves. We're obviously the more talented team. The pollsters know that too. We'll be back ahead of Mizzou in no time.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:00 PM
Looked to me like Missouri beat us. Prevent defense rushing four, dropping seven into coverage, from the first quarter to the last, with receivers running through our weak zones uncovered all night, while everybody is eye guarding Gabbert instead of their receivers as they run by them. Same problem we've had for years now.

Why does everyone think we run prevent like that? We're not running prevent its a zone and cover 2. The middle is always open.

IronSooner
10/24/2010, 12:02 PM
As of today that's not a bad poll...us at 11 is probably about right. We could be higher, but haven't really shown why we should be yet. Just gotta play better.

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 12:02 PM
Hence, we beat ourselves. We're obviously the more talented team. The pollsters know that too. We'll be back ahead of Mizzou in no time.

Are you sure about that? What justifies this? We lost, they won. They outplayed us. We weren't ready, they were. I'm confused

I mean, yes we're talented...but I can't sit here and say that we're more talented than a team that we just lost to last night. Especially since you're saying "we beat ourselves". So what, our "more talented team" is so talented we can beat ourselves and not give another team credit for being better than us?? I don't get it

tcrb
10/24/2010, 12:06 PM

Gotta agree. No creativity on D. Only had pressure on Gabbert one time...and it almost forced an int. Dont understand why BV refuses to make halftime adjustments either.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 12:11 PM
Are you sure about that? What justifies this? We lost, they won. They outplayed us. We weren't ready, they were. I'm confused

I mean, yes we're talented...but I can't sit here and say that we're more talented than a team that we just lost to last night. Especially since you're saying "we beat ourselves". So what, our "more talented team" is so talented we can beat ourselves and not give another team credit for being better than us?? I don't get it
The rest of the Season will be what justifies it. History shows that mizzou isn't very good on the road. They were waiting for us at Home, a night game and in the rain on their turf. That's called Home Field Advantage. They are really good at it too. The last two season we've lost on the road. I'd say we're much improved over last year and last night was a bad game for us. There were some huge positives last night. Colvin and Finch were at least two future stars that appear to be guys that will continue to get better and be there next year when our Seniors and guys who might leave early are gone. Hopefully we'll learn from this and this will be the last game and especially the last road game we lose. I still like our chances of winning the Big XII and I hope that mizzou keeps up it's winning ways too as a re-match in Dallas would rawk. Setting the record straight on a neutral site would be worth every penny IMO.

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 12:15 PM
The rest of the Season will be what justifies it. History shows that mizzou isn't very good on the road. They were waiting for us at Home, a night game and in the rain on their turf. That's called Home Field Advantage. He are really good at it too. The last two season we've lost on the road. I'd say we're much improved over last year and last night was a bad game for us. There were some huge positives last night. Colvin and Finch were at least two future stars that appear to be guys that will continue to get better and be there next year when our Seniors and guys who might leave early are gone. Hopefully we'll learn from this and this will be the last game and especially the last road game we lose. I still like our chances of winning the Big XII and I hope that mizzou keeps up it's winning ways too as a re-match in Dallas would rawk. Setting the record straight on a neutral site would be worth every penny IMO.

They would argue that it wasn't neutral like 07 in San Antonio.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 12:16 PM

Last night's game or the Big XII CG in Dallas?

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:17 PM

How don't you? You said it yourself we didn't show up. So what would've happened if we did show up? I gave Missouri credit last night and said they played great particularly in the redzone. I'm done pumping up their team.

tcrb
10/24/2010, 12:18 PM

They would be wrong....again.

MR2-Sooner86
10/24/2010, 12:19 PM
Where's Texas? :D

BYRK
10/24/2010, 12:20 PM
Congrats Alabama for losing first! You lost to a 2 loss team and are ahead of Mizzou, Utah, Ohio St and Wisconsin???????????????

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 12:20 PM

I know it's not in Columbia, Missouri or Norman Oklahoma.

What do I win?

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 12:21 PM
Why does everyone think we run prevent like that? We're not running prevent its a zone and cover 2. The middle is always open.
The way that zone was played last night it pretty much looked like a prevent defense. When you are dropping 7 into coverage almost all night it pretty much has the same effect as a prevent.

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 12:21 PM
The rest of the Season will be what justifies it. History shows that mizzou isn't very good on the road. They were waiting for us at Home, a night game and in the rain on their turf. That's called Home Field Advantage. He are really good at it too. The last two season we've lost on the road. I'd say we're much improved over last year and last night was a bad game for us. There were some huge positives last night. Colvin and Finch were at least two future stars that appear to be guys that will continue to get better and be there next year when our Seniors and guys who might leave early are gone. Hopefully we'll learn from this and this will be the last game and especially the last road game we lose. I still like our chances of winning the Big XII and I hope that mizzou keeps up it's winning ways too as a re-match in Dallas would rawk. Setting the record straight on a neutral site would be worth every penny IMO.

I'm not an idiot, I know what home field advantage is. Obviously that plays a role in outcomes of some games.
I'm just sayin on the field last night Missouri was more talented than us. So I can't sit here and say "we're more talented", to me that just seems like a bold or nearly arrogant statement. So why can't we give Mizzou credit for winning? That's my only point.

Now as far as the future of OUr team and the talent level. I agree, we seem to be a very talented young group. We've seen many flashes of great things to come. I'm excited about guys like Finch, and the dbs, and Stills, and at times Wort as well. So I'm not saying we aren't a talented team, just saying give some credit to Mizzou.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:34 PM
The way that zone was played last night it pretty much looked like a prevent defense. When you are dropping 7 into coverage almost all night it pretty much has the same effect as a prevent.

I get your logic but usually the middle isn't open like it is. It reminded me of when the whorns just only threw passes in the middle and gashed the defense. Was that like 2 years ago? and BV made no adjustments to it what so ever.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 12:35 PM
I'm just sayin on the field last night Missouri was more talented than us. So I can't sit here and say "we're more talented", to me that just seems like a bold or nearly arrogant statement. So why can't we give Mizzou credit for winning? That's my only point.

I'm not gonna argue the idiot thing with you as I don't believe I was even implying you were...

The point above is where we differ. One game doesn't prove **** to me about them. I saw them play TAMU and I wasn't impressed. The game last night against us...I saw very little NFL Quality talent in their line up. They got up for last night's game and we blew every chance we had at keeping their offense off the Field. So if you feel I think you're an idiot for not being able to agree on this...I'd hope that you don't. I just think we won't agree and that time will tell. Mizzou is now the guy to beat in the North. Nebraska is about the only team standing in their way to the Big XII North and I'm not sure that if Nebraska wins at Home against them next week...that it will be enough to take them out of playing in the Big XII CG in Dallas. As we get closer to the end of the Season I'm sure it will all become clear as to how the loss we took last night will pan out but as it looks now...We'll play mizzou again if we keep winning. I'd take another shot at the (as you say) more talented team.:rolleyes:

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 12:38 PM
I get your logic but usually the middle isn't open like it is. It reminded me of when the whorns just only threw passes in the middle and gashed the defense. Was that like 2 years ago? and BV made no adjustments to it what so ever.

Yeah, I was at that game. 45-35, we simply couldn't stop their short/medium passes. I still have nightmares about that, heh. :D

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 12:42 PM
I'm not gonna argue the idiot thing with you as I don't believe I was even implying you were...

The point above is where we differ. One game doesn't prove **** to me about them. I saw them play TAMU and I wasn't impressed. The game last night against us...I saw very little NFL Quality talent in their line up. They got up for last night's game and we blew every chance we had at keeping their offense off the Field. So if you feel I think you're an idiot for not being able to agree on this...I'd hope that you don't. I just think we won't agree and that time will tell. Mizzou is now the guy to beat in the North. Nebraska is about the only team standing in their way to the Big XII North and I'm not sure that if Nebraska wins at Home against them next week...that it will be enough to take them out of playing in the Big XII CG in Dallas. As we get closer to the end of the Season I'm sure it will all become clear as to how the loss we took last night will pan out but as it looks now...We'll play mizzou again if we keep winning. I'd take another shot at the (as you say) more talented team.:rolleyes:

I hear what you're saying and I hope you're correct. And I'm hopeful for the future of this group as well. And I'd like another shot at them as well.

As far as the idiot thing, I just chose that as a figure of speech. I don't think you really were calling me that. Just seemed you were questioning whether I understood home field advantage or not.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2010, 12:44 PM
Looks about right. The age old poll formula is if you do lose, you lose early and then start climbing again like 'Bama is doing. We are done in the national race unless an '07-like perfect storm hits and we're still not good enough anyway. Mizzou beat us fair and square and I really don't think they are national caliber either.

oudivesherpa
10/24/2010, 12:53 PM

Getting ready for their big bowl game in San Antonio.

cyclonesooner
10/24/2010, 01:09 PM
Poll looked about right to me. We should not be rated above Wisconsin, however I do think we should be above Ohio State although I understand the reasoning there.

Overtime
10/24/2010, 01:09 PM

Don't you think you're assuming a bit much here? =) You know, they've still gotta win two more games for that...

soonerbub
10/24/2010, 01:39 PM
Baylor #24 holy **** people we are dangerously close to the event horizon

hopefully we beat em in wako and stave off the end of all things

Okie35
10/24/2010, 01:41 PM
Baylor #24 holy **** people we are dangerously close to the event horizon

hopefully we beat em in wako and stave off the end of all things

By the time we play them they probably won't be ranked anymore.

tommieharris91
10/24/2010, 01:45 PM

At this point, San Antonio would be recovering for them.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 01:46 PM
Baylor may get win # 7 next week, but on subject we played good enough to lose, it seemed we didn't play to win. The mistakes we made are correctable.

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 03:07 PM
11th in the human polls means we'll be like.... 6th in the BCS right? Lol.. gonna be funny if the computers take us out to dinner again and **** everybody else off.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 03:19 PM
11th in the human polls means we'll be like.... 6th in the BCS right? Lol.. gonna be funny if the computers take us out to dinner again and **** everybody else off.

I'd say we'll be like 8th in the BCS. Probably right behind Missouri.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 03:19 PM
I'm expecting 9th (or 8th ahead of Utah), we'll see

Okie35
10/24/2010, 03:20 PM
I'm expecting 9th (or 8th ahead of Utah), we'll see

Yea we'll still be in the top ten.

GKeeper316
10/24/2010, 03:25 PM
i just got done watching the game again... yes i even rewatch the losses, and it seemed like the title game vs usuc. we didnt pressure at all on d. i dont care if its gabbert or leinert, if you dont get any pressure on a qb, hes gonna find an open man every time.

soonerbub
10/24/2010, 03:40 PM
what title game
I remember kickin colorados *** 42-3

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/24/2010, 04:05 PM

The middle is always open when we play and as long as the QB has two seconds just about any team that has brains should be able to exploit this.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 04:28 PM
The middle is always open when we play and as long as the QB has two seconds just about any team that has brains should be able to exploit this.

Actually most of time its on scrambles but last night we had ppl matched up their receivers that shouldn't have been.

Sabanball
10/24/2010, 04:58 PM
Congrats Alabama for losing first! You lost to a 2 loss team and are ahead of Mizzou, Utah, Ohio St and Wisconsin???????????????

So you're saying simply because those teams are undefeated they automatically deserve to be ranked ahead of us? Using that logic we might as well go ahead and award the trophy to Boise State.

Using a golf analogy, we're now entering the 'Amen Corner' of our schedule, with LSU, Miss St, and Auburn--and a scrimmage against Georgia State. I don't know how good we really are right now, but I will have a pretty good idea after all those games have been played.

agoo758
10/24/2010, 05:01 PM
ILL LMAO if we are still number 3 in the BCS or something. :D

agoo758
10/24/2010, 05:02 PM
So you're saying simply because those teams are undefeated they automatically deserve to be ranked ahead of us? Using that logic we might as well go ahead and award the trophy to Boise State.

Using a golf analogy, we're now entering the 'Amen Corner' of our schedule, with LSU, Miss St, and Auburn--and a scrimmage against Georgia State. I don't know how good we really are right now, but I will have a pretty good idea after all those games have been played.

If Wisconsin and Ohio State wins out, Wisconsin should be ahead of Alabama. No question.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 05:14 PM

I'm already going to laugh because I think we'll still be in the top ten.

agoo758
10/24/2010, 05:16 PM
I'm already going to laugh because I think we'll still be in the top ten.

No doubt at all. In fact, there is an outside possibility that the computers put us ahead of every team with one loss.

Tigeman
10/24/2010, 05:17 PM

We're #8, right behind Bama

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:23 PM
I figured about 10th for us and I could care less where Mizzou ended up. I like our chances for the rest of the season and I look forward to seeing them again. Until then.. bring on Colorado.