PDA

View Full Version : Herbstreit's AFLAC trivia answer about OU . . .

Jacie
10/24/2010, 11:39 AM
. . . RB's with over 4000 yards rushing. Told to name all four and that they were all 1st round draft picks.

Kirk: Billy Sims . . . Steve Owens . . . uh, uh . . . Marcus Dupree? De'Mond Parker?

Mississippi Sooner
10/24/2010, 11:42 AM
Didn't he actually say De'Mond Griffin? I laughed out loud.

Jacie
10/24/2010, 11:44 AM

I think you are right.

OU-HSV
10/24/2010, 11:47 AM

No no, he said "De'mond Murray". I was like wtf??

Okie35
10/24/2010, 11:47 AM
I was shocked he didn't even say AD. I mean, REALLY?!

oudivesherpa
10/24/2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, but if you asked me the four leading tOSU leading rushers I won't that it. Except for Sooner fans, that's a hard question.

Mississippi Sooner
10/24/2010, 11:49 AM
No no, he said "De'mond Murray". I was like wtf??

Yeah, that's right. It was a rare funny moment during the game.

Spanish Sooner
10/24/2010, 11:49 AM
The worst was last week when they asked during the Texas Nebraska game what was the highest a freshman has ever finished in the heisman, and not only did the announcers get it wrong, but the trivia people listed that 3 freshman had finished third in the voting. Forgetting the fact that AD finished 2nd as a freshman

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 12:00 PM
The worst was last week when they asked during the Texas Nebraska game what was the highest a freshman has ever finished in the heisman, and not only did the announcers get it wrong, but the trivia people listed that 3 freshman had finished third in the voting. Forgetting the fact that AD finished 2nd as a freshman

Remember thinking the same wtf thought. If your job is to look up stats you would think you would get it right.

stoopified
10/24/2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, but if you asked me the four leading tOSU leading rushers I won't that it. Except for Sooner fans, that's a hard question.True but I still can't believe he whiffed on AD.

sooner94
10/24/2010, 01:49 PM
sounded to me like he was joking on the Demond Murray guess.

And he was surprised Peterson had so much yardage since he was only at OU for 3 years and had some injuries. I think alot of non-OU fans would have missed on AD.

OUTrumpet
10/24/2010, 01:49 PM
True but I still can't believe he whiffed on AD.

People unfortunately forget about him because he didn't earn any post-season honors and spent 2 of his 3 years here banged up. Incredible freshman year, sophomore year was out from KSU till Nebraska (late September to last game in October), and jr year was out from mid-Oct till Boise.

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 01:51 PM
I don't blame Herbstreit for the oversight, all he is doing is reading a teleprompter. It was the writer of the question who failed to do their due diligence.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 01:54 PM
I'm gonna have to let up on ole herbpuff as he was right about Landry and the Mizzou Game. Hopefully Landry will continue to improve. I still think he's a whole lot better than he was last year.

olevetonahill
10/24/2010, 02:02 PM
I have to admit when they axed the ? i rattled off , Steve, Joe, Billy. Then had a Brain fart and smooth went blank on AD :O

bent rider
10/24/2010, 05:02 PM
Unless I mis-heard him I thought he also said something like "Marcus Dupree might have made it (to 4000) if it weren't for injuries." Well, he still had a long way to go - still dunno what, exactly, happened that made him scurry off to Mississippi mid-season and subsequently drop off the face of the earth.

Sad for AD his legacy is apparenlty more about the games he missed, than his awesomeness in the games that he played. And now he has to wear Viking purple. Yechhh.

OUmillenium
10/25/2010, 11:11 AM

Yeah, they blew it and made me sound like an idiot to those watching the game with me. I can do that plenty but every hardcore Sooner fan knows AD trivia.

badger
10/25/2010, 11:13 AM
I think he was joking around. Why so serious, people? :)

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 11:17 AM
Joking around and playing stupid are two different things though.

SoonerWarMachine#1
10/25/2010, 03:11 PM
Joking around and playing stupid are two different things though.

Afterall we're talking about the dynamic duo Brent Mushmouth & Kirk Herbpuff

Dwight
10/25/2010, 04:12 PM
I got the other 3 right, but I admit that I didn't think Peterson got 4,000. For some reason I thought he finished with 3,900 or so. I thought the 4th was Quentin Griffin.