PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Love-fest

sortiz1965
10/24/2010, 10:53 AM
Here we go now with the damn Missouri love-fest (http://www.newsok.com/the-truth-about-ou-missouri-tigers-kicked-the-sooners-all-over-the-field/article/3507715?custom_click=columnist). In terms of QB rating, Landry's is 142.8 and Gabbert's is 137.8. Debate all you will about these numbers, but they don't suggest to me that Gabbert is a better QB. Any QB will look like Joe Montana when they have as much time to throw as Gabbert did. OU's defensive line play lost the battle at the line of scrimmage, I will give Missouri that much credit. But OU squandered numerous opportunities to step on Missouri's throat. The sure TD Broyles dropped in the endzone, the missed field goal, and the couple of drives into the red zone with no points were critical. Why Roy Finch didn't get more than 9 carries is absolutely inexplicable and inexcusable. The guy pretty much rode the pine the entire second half, especially in the fourth quarter. Finch had 6.6 ypc on 9 touches, Murray had 4.1 on 12. OU should have committed more to the run, especially with Finch. Missouri had NO answer for Finch, especially when Murray lined up out of the slot. I am not going to sit here and give Missouri all this credit; call me a sore loser, but that's the truth. That said, I am confident OU will correct these problems, find the right defensive line mix that actually gets pressure on the QB and get back to the Big XII championship game. Missouri is just staving off the inevitable butt-whipping that will happen when the stakes are highest. And it will be OU, once again, who will deliver the kick to the gut.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/the-truth-about-ou-missouri-tigers-kicked-the-sooners-all-over-the-field/article/3507715?custom_click=columnist#ixzz13IAZU3RZ

Okie35
10/24/2010, 10:56 AM
I love it. Let them have the lime light and get on their high. They'll drop the ball at some point, they're not used to it.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 02:20 PM
Maybe they deserve it. I would rather lose to a team that is extolled in the media then... Iowa State. Wouldn't you?

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 02:23 PM
Hey they beat us twice in 21 years, let them beat their chest.

tulsaoilerfan
10/24/2010, 02:23 PM
Difference in the 2 QB's is Gabbert got it done when it counted and Landry didn't

Okie35
10/24/2010, 02:29 PM
Difference in the 2 QB's is Gabbert got it done when it counted and Landry didn't

Landry played well for someone that was pressured all night. Gabbert wasn't that unfortunate.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 02:40 PM
I love it. Let them have the lime light and get on their high. They'll drop the ball at some point, they're not used to it.

It'll be against Nebraska in Lincoln if it's gonna happen IMO as the rest of their schedule should be a cake walk.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 02:43 PM
It'll be against Nebraska in Lincoln if it's gonna happen IMO as the rest of their schedule should be a cake walk.

True, well if they get past the next 2 weeks.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 02:43 PM
I don't think they will have any trouble with tech.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 02:44 PM
I don't think they will have any trouble with tech.

Never know.

GKeeper316
10/24/2010, 02:48 PM
Oklahoma: "you guys want this 'W'"?

Missouri: "you guys sure you dont want it"?

Oklahoma: "naw".

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 02:54 PM
True, well if they get past the next 2 weeks.

They play Nebraska next I think.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 03:04 PM
They play Nebraska next I think.

Yep Nebraska then tech.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 03:29 PM
Yep Nebraska then tech.

Yup and Tech is schitzo. Missouri can be caught slipping.

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 03:48 PM
Meh...Mizzou deserves it, they won the game. Give it a week and they could fall out of favor with the media. They are fickle that way.

budbarrybob
10/24/2010, 04:32 PM
Meh...Mizzou deserves it, they won the game. Give it a week and they could fall out of favor with the media. They are fickle that way.

^This. They won't be ranked high enough to make a serious charge even if they run the table IMO. Unless they are the "poor" ol Mizery, got screwed by the BCS and didn't get a chance at the MNC...

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 04:52 PM
I would rather get beat by the best team in the country. With that said...

Missouri is a great team!

(Why do fans poo-poo the opposing team when they win. What does that do for us?)

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:56 PM
Watch the game in Lincoln this week and you'll understand why.

I'm taking the huskers for the win.

SoonerShark
10/24/2010, 05:02 PM
Oklahoma blew two red zone opportunities by foolish turnovers and a missed field goal attempt. That is 17 points. The first interception return led to a Missouri touchdown and a 14-7 UM lead, so that is a 24 point turn around in the first half when the Sooners trailed. The fourth quarter in every game but one has been owned by the Sooner opponent. Turnovers alone were the difference.

tcrb
10/24/2010, 05:16 PM
They beat us on the field. Kind of hard right now to make any kind of logical argument that we are the better team. Let them have the glory of the limelight and then the pressure that goes along with it. Hopefully OUr team will get a chance to redeem themselves in December.

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:30 PM
I think we were and still are at least a two touchdown better team than Mizzou. But then I already congratulated them for winning last night so I am not going to do it again here.

I do look forward to seeing them again soon though.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 06:04 PM
I think we were and still are at least a two touchdown better team than Mizzou.

No way. I think the oddsmakers had it about right.

Now, if our secondary was more experienced or our DL was stronger, I would tend to agree with you.

sortiz1965
10/24/2010, 07:11 PM
No way. I think the oddsmakers had it about right.

Now, if our secondary was more experienced or our DL was stronger, I would tend to agree with you.

BS...OU beat itself in this game, and that's obvious to anyone who saw it. Turnovers were the key to the loss and OU lost opportunities. If OU capitalizes on all those trips to the endzone, they still win, in spite of the **** poor DL play, which is a huge issue that must be resolved if OU is going to get back to the Big 12 title game.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 07:59 PM
BS...OU beat itself in this game, and that's obvious to anyone who saw it. Turnovers were the key to the loss and OU lost opportunities. If OU capitalizes on all those trips to the endzone, they still win, in spite of the **** poor DL play, which is a huge issue that must be resolved if OU is going to get back to the Big 12 title game.

I don't understand this. Our fans do it, too, and it drives me nuts. You say you are the better team and then go on to list all the things that you didn't do better than the other team. Turnovers, penalties, kick/punt returns and all other manner of mistakes are part of the game just like runs, passes, play-calls, timeouts, etc.. Better teams make less mistakes.

Can those things be corrected? Sure, but that doesn't take away the fact that they happened.

sooneron
10/24/2010, 08:05 PM
I don't understand this. Our fans do it, too, and it drives me nuts. You say you are the better team and then go on to list all the things that you didn't do better than the other team. Turnovers, penalties, kick/punt returns and all other manner of mistakes are part of the game just like runs, passes, play-calls, timeouts, etc.. Better teams make less mistakes.

Can those things be corrected? Sure, but that doesn't take away the fact that they happened.

With what OU gave away last night, your team should have won by 3 tds if it were truly the better team. In Norman, I'd bet my day rate that OU would win by 14 pts. Neutral? 7-10. That is how bad of a road team that this team is...
Your team played better (enough to win), it doesn't mean it's superior. Congrats on the win, now go away.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 08:06 PM
All fans do this. Why? I suppose it changes the outcome in their own minds.

As far as I'm concerned, we got beat.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:10 PM

Take is easy on yourself. I know a bunch of you are trying to keep from wetting yourselves. It's not like you have beaten a lot of really good teams. Try not to get a complex that you put together a good 4th quarter on a good team that had beaten every team they'd played too. More than likely your team is gonna get another opportunity to play us again. I'll be glad to see how another 4 quarters turns out against your tiggers.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 08:15 PM
Take is easy on yourself. I know a bunch of you are trying to keep from wetting yourselves. It's not like you have beaten a lot of really good teams. Try not to get a complex that you put together a good 4th quarter on a good team that had beaten every team they'd played too. More than likely your team is gonna get another opportunity to play us again. I'll be glad to see how another 4 quarters turns out against your tiggers.

Haha, okay. We will try to not be happy about our win. We'll just take your fans' cue and run down our team so as not to give the other team any credit.

THE-JROD
10/24/2010, 08:18 PM
Talk is cheap. We got beat plain and simple. Yes we can blame the loss on this and that...and if they wouldnt have happened we would have came out on top. We can sit here and say we're the better team but that really doesnt matter. We didnt prove it last night. But what we can do and what we need to do is move on. Keep supporting our guys and root them on next week and through the rest of the season. Everything will take care of itself. Lets just hope that we get that other chance against the kitties in the big 12 championship for revenge! Win or lose, I am always proud to chant BOOMER SOONER!!!

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:19 PM
If talk is cheeap...how much is a message board post worth?

THE-JROD
10/24/2010, 08:22 PM
If talk is cheeap...how much is a message board post worth?

Depends on the quality of the post...:D

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:25 PM
Haha, okay. We will try to not be happy about our win. We'll just take your fans' cue and run down our team so as not to give the other team any credit.

I don't mean that at all. Don't you have a message board you can go to to enjoy the win with your buddies?

I still don't believe you are much different than most posters we've seen come here talking about how good their team is and then when they lose we never hear from them again. I'm pretty good at sticking to this board exclusively and from time to time I'll venture over to another Teams website but not for pats on the back. You seem to be looking for us to consencrate your win as one of the greatest moments in history. You should be over at the Husker boards IMO telling them how your Great Team is going to put a hurt on them.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 08:28 PM
I You seem to be looking for us to consencrate your win as one of the greatest moments in history.

Its called gloating.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:39 PM
Its called gloating.

i know what it is...that's why I'm calling him on it and i think he's a dick.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 08:40 PM

Most ppl gave your team credit yesterday. I'm done w/ it. I'm thinking about next week.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 08:40 PM
i know what it is...that's why I'm calling him on it and i think he's a dick.

yeah but some people have to have it spelled out to them for introspect....lol

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 08:51 PM
I don't mean that at all. Don't you have a message board you can go to to enjoy the win with your buddies?

I still don't believe you are much different than most posters we've seen come here talking about how good their team is and then when they lose we never hear from them again. I'm pretty good at sticking to this board exclusively and from time to time I'll venture over to another Teams website but not for pats on the back. You seem to be looking for us to consencrate your win as one of the greatest moments in history. You should be over at the Husker boards IMO telling them how your Great Team is going to put a hurt on them.

Post a link to my post where I'm telling you how good we are. You won't find it.

Look, I know exactly what Mizzou is, what our history is and where we've come from. I've sat through all the beatings and heart-wrenching losses for years. Our program is on the rise and 2007 was not a fluke. We are starting to get things rolling, but I am in no way saying we've "arrived" or whatever you want to call it.

However, we're getting close. We WANT to be OU and UT. I realize this will probably never happen due to budget and tradition but if we can get close, great. I came over here to get a taste of what it looks like from the other side. What I have found is that fans are the same everywhere (except for Nebraska, of course. Those people are insane). I will (and have) called our own fans out for the kind of rationalization I am reading here. Every game is unique and what happens before or after has no bearing. You win that night, you're the better team, that's it. If we play you again, you might kick our *** or you might not, but it will not change anything about last night.

When you lose and try and convince everyone that you're really 2-3 TD's better than the team you lost to, you just sound like a Cornhusker.

I will take your advice and move on. I haven't ever really posted much on other message boards and probably won't from here on out.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:57 PM
I'm not gonna argue about this anymore with you as i think you've hashed through this enough here. Your Team had our number last night. You won. Good for you. Maybe someday your Team will be mentioned as a Team to be concerned with. Even on Gameday yesterday you got very little love from even those guys.

Our Team wasn't at their best...and you won.

Good luck this weekend. You might even be on your way to being a decent poster again but it sure seemed to me like you were lost and in need of finding your way back to Tiggerland.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 08:57 PM
Another program on the rise? Ask gumby and company how that works out.

Sooner70
10/24/2010, 09:23 PM
C'mon folks...... No need to make excuses here....besides Stoops wouldn't approve of that. Mizzou did what it took. Their O line gave Gabbert all day to throw. My gosh, the Tigers had the ball a whole quarter + 2 minutes more than OU. Put a lot of pressure on a young, thin Defense. Did they ever have a 3 and out? Mizzou is a seasoned squad and it showed. Their defense played havoc with OU at times & on a few occasions, Jones seemed rushed. Sure, OU made mistakes, but it takes a good team to turn those mistakes into points & the Tigers did that. Their coaches did a good job and they had a good game plan. Their players generally executed better that OU did.

Now, let's all hope that Mizzou continues to take care of business & OU can do that in B12S. Then we meet again, & the Sooners put a better foot forward.

I can tell you this.....I live around Houston and the Longhorns fans are livid. There's no comparison to OU losing to a ranked Mizzou and the Iowa State loss for Texas. Mack Brown is frustrated with this team and it's spilling over to the fanbase. They're mad. Losing to OU is traumatic , but it's understandable to these people. Losing to the likes of UCLA & Iowa State is unacceptable.

Whet
10/24/2010, 09:36 PM
We lost to an undefeated team that made the plays it needed to win. OU did not give Mizzou the game, they took it from us! Maybe if we get to play Mizzou again in the B12 Championship game, the outcome will be different.

I hope Mizzou wins the rest of the games leading up to that Championship game, and we win the rest of our games, so we can meet for a re-match.

This win by Mizzou was a huge event for them - they beat OU, which is a very rare event!

TahoeSOONER
10/24/2010, 09:36 PM
Mizzou is a team on the rise that gave up 300 plus yard in just one half in the biggest game in there history in their own house. They deserve credit for doing the little things like turnovers in the redzone, my 5 year old could have got one, and special teams plays.

I was impressed with their offensive line play and their commitment to balance with a running game.

Let me say this, they haven't done a damn thing in the big picture of things yet. I've seen Mizzou rise up before and I expect them to fall flat when they see us again shortly. No hate but I think Nebraska is the better team personally. Football is a game of matchups and we didn't matchup well last night at all. Congrats Mizzou!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2010, 09:38 PM
OU got beat...Mizzou won..

now on to next saturday

SoonerJack
10/24/2010, 09:44 PM
What STEP said.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 09:44 PM
OU got beat...Mizzou won..

now on to next saturday

Thank You! and that Avatar is hilarious I wouldn't have known who that guy was if it wasn't for SNL.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 10:01 PM
Tiger4life got all the due he needed. He was trolling.

Iam4OUru
10/24/2010, 10:05 PM
I would rather get beat by the best team in the country. With that said...

Missouri is a great team!

(Why do fans poo-poo the opposing team when they win. What does that do for us?)

This.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 11:04 PM
No excuses here. They won, they're having a great season, bla, bla, bla...

But seriously, the team on the rise crap gets old when the only time you hear that crap is during the summer out of the Gundites or any time a moderately okay team having a good year or getting a once every 15-20 year upset on someone who normally owns them.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 11:05 PM
No excuses here. They won, they're haveing a great season, bla, bla, bla...

But seriously, the team on the rise crap gets old when the only time you hear that crap is during the summer out of the Gundites or any time a moderately okay team having a good year or getting a once every 15-20 year upset on someone who normally owns them.

Exactly

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 09:28 AM
Reality check for those that think it was turnovers that handed the game to Missouri. Its called a box score. Missouri won in every statistical category. 1st downs, passing yards, rushing yards, yards per rush, yards per pass, etc.

It was Missouri that lost 2 fumbles to OU’s 1. And both interceptions were great plays, with our DE, J. Smith, tipping a ball at the line and LB making a great diving INT, and our all conf. DE, A. Smith grabbing one out of the air and rumbling down field on a broken leg. That’s called making plays. Its what OU normally does to MU. This was a case of MU’s line beating OU’s line, and our guys making a few more plays than OU. Missouri’s a pretty good team, and we played an inspired game Saturday night. OU did not hand the game to MU… unless you want to include the coaching job by Stoops. Odd late game decision making worked in MU’s favor... going for 2 instead of kicking for 8 pts spread and then punting when you needed two scores late.

Clever Trevor
10/25/2010, 09:36 AM
And both interceptions were great plays, with our DE, J. Smith, tipping a ball at the line and LB making a great diving INT, and our all conf. DE, A. Smith grabbing one out of the air and rumbling down field on a broken leg.

Dude, put down the pipe, they were both poor choices on LJ's part. ESpecially, the second one. He had no business throwing that ball.Your guys caught the balls that were there to catch.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 09:45 AM
Reality check for those that think it was turnovers that handed the game to Missouri. Its called a box score. Missouri won in every statistical category. 1st downs, passing yards, rushing yards, yards per rush, yards per pass, etc.

It was Missouri that lost 2 fumbles to OU’s 1. And both interceptions were great plays, with our DE, J. Smith, tipping a ball at the line and LB making a great diving INT, and our all conf. DE, A. Smith grabbing one out of the air and rumbling down field on a broken leg. That’s called making plays. Its what OU normally does to MU. This was a case of MU’s line beating OU’s line, and our guys making a few more plays than OU. Missouri’s a pretty good team, and we played an inspired game Saturday night. OU did not hand the game to MU… unless you want to include the coaching job by Stoops. Odd late game decision making worked in MU’s favor... going for 2 instead of kicking for 8 pts spread and then punting when you needed two scores late.

:rolleyes: His leg wasn't broken anymore I stopped reading after that bull****.

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 09:51 AM
Well, if that's handing the game over, OU fans should expect to hand over a few more this year. You handed the game to MU at the line of scrimmage. Gabbert's not that great when he gets pressured, and our running backs didn't have to break a bunch of tackles. The Sooner pipe is down to ashes if you think it was the turnovers. Again, I suggest the box score for a reality check. You'll see it was Missouri with more penalties to overcome, and it was Missouri making plays to win. Missouri may not be a great team, but OU's not the team your fans wish you were either. Air Force, Cincinnati, Utah St?? You've got one good win.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 09:55 AM
Well, if that's handing the game over, OU fans should expect to hand over a few more this year. You handed the game to MU at the line of scrimmage. Gabbert's not that great when he gets pressured, and our running backs didn't have to break a bunch of tackles. The Sooner pipe is down to ashes if you think it was the turnovers. Again, I suggest the box score for a reality check. You'll see it was Missouri with more penalties to overcome, and it was Missouri making plays to win. Missouri may not be a great team, but OU's not the team your fans wish you were either. Air Force, Cincinnati, Utah St?? You've got one good win.

So do you

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 10:03 AM
agreed. One good win a piece. I'm hoping for a rematch, and know that will be anybody's game if we meet again in the B12 Championship. It would be tough to be OU twice. Tiger fans are hoping the Defense can keep making plays when they have to. We've been great in the Red Zone, and it may be hard to sustain that. Both teams have more to prove before they get to the Big12 championship. Good luck.

47straight
10/25/2010, 10:25 AM
Gabbert's not that great when he gets pressured, and our running backs didn't have to break a bunch of tackles.

Continue to pray for rain and a slick surface then. Too bad the Big 12 Championship is indoors.

And as for your other comments, go **** yourself, you ****ing bandwagon piece of ****.

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 10:32 AM
Taking it hard I see. Finally read the box score? or you're just the kind of fan that would fit in with the MU student section? Either way, no hard feelings. By the way, I've been on this bandwagon a loooooong time. Hung a lot of "L's" on the side of the wagon after OU games. You guys always have a great team. This year, MU and OU look to be pretty close in talent. We're happy to have our first W since 1998. That's all.

Srig
10/25/2010, 10:49 AM

MU has beaten Illinois, San Diego State, aTm and Oklahoma to complement the "payout" opponents. Let me get this right....OU has done more? If you claim OU has beaten better, than you are admitting UT or Florida State must be better than OU.....right?

We're not wetting ourselves. We're getting ready for NU. If we beat them, we expect more bull from you guys to now include that NU must really stink, despite most of you predicting they will win.

Amazing - you predict OU will soundly beat MU, then MU beats OU and you give MU no credit. By the way - OU scored it's only TD in the second half on a 77 yard circus kick return, 2 penalties and a 3 yard gain. You all can spin it all you want, but you were owned in the 2nd half Saturday night. Period.

Srig
10/25/2010, 10:53 AM
Here we go now with the damn Missouri love-fest (http://www.newsok.com/the-truth-about-ou-missouri-tigers-kicked-the-sooners-all-over-the-field/article/3507715?custom_click=columnist). In terms of QB rating, Landry's is 142.8 and Gabbert's is 137.8. Debate all you will about these numbers, but they don't suggest to me that Gabbert is a better QB. Any QB will look like Joe Montana when they have as much time to throw as Gabbert did. OU's defensive line play lost the battle at the line of scrimmage, I will give Missouri that much credit. But OU squandered numerous opportunities to step on Missouri's throat. The sure TD Broyles dropped in the endzone, the missed field goal, and the couple of drives into the red zone with no points were critical. Why Roy Finch didn't get more than 9 carries is absolutely inexplicable and inexcusable. The guy pretty much rode the pine the entire second half, especially in the fourth quarter. Finch had 6.6 ypc on 9 touches, Murray had 4.1 on 12. OU should have committed more to the run, especially with Finch. Missouri had NO answer for Finch, especially when Murray lined up out of the slot. I am not going to sit here and give Missouri all this credit; call me a sore loser, but that's the truth. That said, I am confident OU will correct these problems, find the right defensive line mix that actually gets pressure on the QB and get back to the Big XII championship game. Missouri is just staving off the inevitable butt-whipping that will happen when the stakes are highest. And it will be OU, once again, who will deliver the kick to the gut.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/the-truth-about-ou-missouri-tigers-kicked-the-sooners-all-over-the-field/article/3507715?custom_click=columnist#ixzz13IAZU3RZ

You're right. Landry is clearly better than Gabbert. That was clear to the country Saturday night. Good to know OU lays down for teams unless the "stakes are highest", which you imply in your post. That's good coaching. I'll put an asterisk in my scrapbook that OU basically let MU win Saturday night because there wasn't enough at stake.

Srig
10/25/2010, 10:58 AM
Taking it hard I see. Finally read the box score? or you're just the kind of fan that would fit in with the MU student section? Either way, no hard feelings. By the way, I've been on this bandwagon a loooooong time. Hung a lot of "L's" on the side of the wagon after OU games. You guys always have a great team. This year, MU and OU look to be pretty close in talent. We're happy to have our first W since 1998. That's all.

Agreed. We're not gloating, we're not claiming to be anything but excited and hopeful about the rest of our season. We're actually complementing OU by remarking that OU is still a great team and that's why the win is so important to our long-standing fans. MU isn't a bandwagon program. It has tradition and die-hard fans that have suffered a lot. Trying to diminish this win just makes a good Sooner fanbase to sound like NU's fans; I'm sure that isn't what they're after!

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 11:00 AM
Most of the Sooner fans are not diminishing your win. You are paying attention to those who do.

We are however much more interested in discussing our performance (or lack thereof) in the game than Mizzou's performance.

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 11:05 AM
Yea, I get that. Good luck. I've enjoyed that chat. Back to work and the matters of the world beyond College Football. Hope to play you again this year! Cheers.

Srig
10/25/2010, 11:06 AM
Dude, put down the pipe, they were both poor choices on LJ's part. ESpecially, the second one. He had no business throwing that ball.Your guys caught the balls that were there to catch.

I see, so it was poor QB decision-making by Landry that caused the turnovers? Either way - great play by MU or crappy decision making by OU - doesn't it result in a fair and square win by MU? When OU forces a turnover do you REALLY look at each other and say "wow, another lucky play for OU, we don't deserve this"?

C'mon, man.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 11:07 AM
congrats to mizzou...good game...they did what they had to do to win..OU did what they had to do to lose.....its monday..MU has another game...OU does too...

OUthunder
10/25/2010, 11:20 AM
congrats to mizzou...good game...they did what they had to do to win..OU did what they had to do to lose.....its monday..MU has another game...OU does too...

Agreed, No team in the Big XII goes undefeated this year. OU needs to learn how to play well on the road, and take this season and make it special. There is still time to do that.

47straight
10/25/2010, 01:58 PM

Uh, yeah, there's still hard feelings as long as you're on here pulling a ********* move on one post, faux-concillitory-fan on another. Stick with your story that we've got one quality victory and that your players run on broken legs. It really sums you up.

47straight
10/25/2010, 02:04 PM
Agreed. We're not gloating

Then what do you call coming on an opponent's message board, and being such a huge coward that you never make a single post until AFTER you win, and then just chime in to chastise us that somehow we're not fellating you as much as Herbstreet was before, during, and after the game?

Go away to wherever else you were before you won. Act like you've been there before.

Oh wait, you haven't.

If you don't have the sense to leave, try not to contradict yourself in your opening lines of your posts.

sooneron
10/25/2010, 02:47 PM
I see, so it was poor QB decision-making by Landry that caused the turnovers? Either way - great play by MU or crappy decision making by OU - doesn't it result in a fair and square win by MU? When OU forces a turnover do you REALLY look at each other and say "wow, another lucky play for OU, we don't deserve this"?

C'mon, man.

I'd be willing to bet that OU fans weren't thinking "Jeepers, we sure did cause that misery dood to muff the punt!"

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 02:50 PM
Uh, yeah, there's still hard feelings as long as you're on here pulling a ********* move on one post, faux-concillitory-fan on another. Stick with your story that we've got one quality victory and that your players run on broken legs. It really sums you up.

Wow. Have a beer. And yes, you have one quality win (FSU) and Aldon Smith was playing on a broken leg. Ouch. We've got one quality win as well. Hard to come by quality wins, cuz the good teams don't lose much.

By the way, I've tried to post in a respectful manner. Mostly because the OU fans I know personally are folks I like. I respect your team's history and almost alway root for OU when they don't play Missouri. Truth is we beat you this time and it was a great win for our program. I posted respectfully before the game and after. Chill.

47straight
10/25/2010, 11:15 PM
Wow. Have a beer. And yes, you have one quality win (FSU) and Aldon Smith was playing on a broken leg. Ouch. We've got one quality win as well. Hard to come by quality wins, cuz the good teams don't lose much.

By the way, I've tried to post in a respectful manner. Mostly because the OU fans I know personally are folks I like. I respect your team's history and almost alway root for OU when they don't play Missouri. Truth is we beat you this time and it was a great win for our program. I posted respectfully before the game and after. Chill.

Edited so I dont baned.

You are an insincere *******. Don't **** on me and tell me its raining, and don't tell me to chill afterwards.

I would prefer that you go away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKvq6FVBMBk&feature=related

SDMizzou
10/26/2010, 01:06 AM
Just because we beat OU once, I'm not ready to start talking crap. OU is still the scariest team in the Big 12 and could take us out later in the season when it hurts the most. That being said, this game was huge for Mizzou as a program, but means relitively little as far as the 2010 Big 12 title goes.