PDA

View Full Version : After watching some more of this game

Partial Qualifier
10/24/2010, 10:15 AM
It appears Donald Stephenson was confused or simply mistaken on about 40% of the plays he was in on. I'm thinking his "grade" for this game isn't going to be very good.

At the same time I'm wondering if the benefits of this Hurry-up Meerkat are outweighing it's drawbacks.

IronSooner
10/24/2010, 10:20 AM
I noticed quite a few when the OL didn't appear to be sure whom to block. Several of the screens were even worse - we didn't get a chip shot on anyone, just let them through immediately, and they ended up hurrying Landry so the play was busted. Got to work on our pass blocking. Run blocking I thought was allright, but the contrast between our passing game and theirs was stark. They also threw so quickly our DL didn't have much time to get to Gabbert. But we gotta do better than that.

Partial Qualifier
10/24/2010, 11:14 AM
Further observation:

Okay so Dejuan Miller is OUT, Ryan Broyles is hurt, we've got one guy we trust (Stills) and a couple guys whom neither the coaches nor Landry have any faith in -- and we've thrown to the TE twice. Twice!

He's in man-to-man with a linebacker or a safety, sometimes open/sometimes not, but geeze man. Twice!?? Out of 50 attempts? And under these circumstances?

WTF

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 11:18 AM
Further observation:

Okay so Dejuan Miller is OUT, Ryan Broyles is hurt, we've got one guy we trust (Stills) and a couple guys whom neither the coaches nor Landry have any faith in -- and we've thrown to the TE twice. Twice!

He's in man-to-man with a linebacker or a safety, sometimes open/sometimes not, but geeze man. Twice!?? Out of 50 attempts? And under these circumstances?

WTF

Well the TE did drop a wide open pass for a first, it's not like they are Gresham.