PDA

View Full Version : My take on the game

pappy
10/24/2010, 02:48 AM
We beat ourselves with poor execution offensively especially in the redzone. 2 first half redzone turnovers and we also missed "another" chip shot fg. I used to gripe about Kevin Wilson but he usually does have a good game plan for the offense and tonight was no different. Would've liked to see them try to throw down field a little more, but other than that it was a good game plan. We also had several drops tonight. Even Broyles dropped a td. You had to know we were in for a long one when Broyles is even dropping balls. Cause he is an elite wr so him dropping a ball is very rare. We ended up missing a fg on that drive.

Defensively I thought it was a poor game plan by BV. We didn't get pressure all night with our front 4 and he had us running the nickel against 5 wr sets instead of the dime and since our front 4 wasn't getting any pressure and we hardly blitzed that left our fast but not quick linebackers on an island with their wr's and ask any offensive coordinator on any level and they'll tell you they'll take that matchup every day of the week. My other problem with the defensive schemes and its not just tonight but has been like this for years is the middle of the field is wide open and against crappy offenses we don't get exploited too badly there but against above average offenses we do.

We had no business going for 2 when we did. Even if we had got it, that would've been great and still the wrong call. you kick the extra point so its only a 1 possession game and go for 2 when the 2 allows you to tie the game. That was bad game management by Bob.

Overall poor execution of a good offensive game plan. Bad defensive game plan. Poor game/clock management and that's how you loose a game.

Now lets win out the rest of the way and win the Big 12 title and then go break the curse of losing bcs bowls by kicking the crap out of someone in probably the fiesta bowl.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:51 AM
We beat ourselves with poor execution offensively especially in the redzone. 2 first half redzone turnovers and we also missed "another" chip shot fg. I used to gripe about Kevin Wilson but he usually does have a good game plan for the offense and tonight was no different. Would've liked to see them try to throw down field a little more, but other than that it was a good game plan. We also had several drops tonight. Even Broyles dropped a td. You had to know we were in for a long one when Broyles is even dropping balls. Cause he is an elite wr so him dropping a ball is very rare. We ended up missing a fg on that drive.

Defensively I thought it was a poor game plan by BV. We didn't get pressure all night with our front 4 and he had us running the nickel against 5 wr sets instead of the dime and since our front 4 wasn't getting any pressure and we hardly blitzed that left our fast but not quick linebackers on an island with their wr's and ask any offensive coordinator on any level and they'll tell you they'll take that matchup every day of the week. My other problem with the defensive schemes and its not just tonight but has been like this for years is the middle of the field is wide open and against crappy offenses we don't get exploited too badly there but against above average offenses we do.

We had no business going for 2 when we did. Even if we had got it, that would've been great and still the wrong call. you kick the extra point so its only a 1 possession game and go for 2 when the 2 allows you to tie the game. That was bad game management by Bob.

Overall poor execution of a good offensive game plan. Bad defensive game plan. Poor game/clock management and that's how you loose a game.

Now lets win out the rest of the way and win the Big 12 title and then go break the curse of losing bcs bowls by kicking the crap out of someone in probably the fiesta bowl.

It's like the OU/ Florida game Part II.

Same crap. Remember that team? Teams running kickoffs back for TD's? Same thing. Blown opportunities once again. Redzone F ups (good drive F ups) same.

TigerMatt
10/24/2010, 02:53 AM
You guys can keep claiming that you beat yourselves in the red zone, but Missouri has the best red zone defense in the nation. Missouri coming into this game was only giving up TDs 26% of the time opponents reached the red zone, and opponents had scored only 54% of the time.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:57 AM
You guys can keep claiming that you beat yourselves in the red zone, but Missouri has the best red zone defense in the nation. Missouri coming into this game was only giving up TDs 26% of the time opponents reached the red zone, and opponents had scored only 54% of the time.

Look fool, you call us arrogant but I don't see anyone stating otherwise. You guys are a quality team defensively and have a great QB. Why are you worried about what we think? You WILL lose to Nebraska next week, so it doesn't matter, but I have yet to hear anyone say you guys suck. Just enjoy your win and we'll see you in Dallas. You seem to have some "we suck" complex, pal.

spatton713
10/24/2010, 03:06 AM
hahaha i mean really do they think they have better athletes got out coached bad too many screens and swings not enough strikes

TigerMatt
10/24/2010, 03:08 AM
You seem to have some "we suck" complex, pal.

Maybe, but I can say "we suck" less than OU.

pappy
10/24/2010, 03:22 AM

Enjoy it while you can. I mean this is the 1st time you guys have beat us since stoops took over as head coach. It will most likely be the last and the good news (for us not you so much) is starting next year we get to beat you every year. Wahoo! Looking forward to it.

ashley
10/24/2010, 07:14 AM
Our D plan was ok, the play was bad.

Sooner70
10/24/2010, 07:33 AM
If the Tigers can put together as good an effort at Nebraska as this one, especially on ball control, maybe they can win that game. Gonna be tough, though as it seems the Nebs have solved their pass game woes based on OSU results.

Anyway, I'm kinda pulling for the Tigers to win B12 N, and hoping the Sooners can hang in there & win B12 S. I'd like to see a rematch.

East Coast Bias
10/24/2010, 07:39 AM
Our line play on both sides of the ball needs a lot of attention. Most of our problems can be solved there. If you watch a replay of the game the line play is really going to stand out as the basic problem.All of the studs on both sides of the line are not playing up to expectations.With the exception of Beal and he can't do it all. Another problem that needs to be solved is why we come out like gangbusters then crash in the fourth? Poor line play consistency?

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 08:23 AM
Nebraska will beat Mizzou. They will get pressure on their QB which we couldn't do. They will throw the ball vertical which we wouldn't do. Their QB can avoid pressure which ours cannot. Enjoy being undefeated because after next Saturday you will have a loss. By the way if we are lucky enough to get to the Big 12 Championship game (which no one we play has much of a defense so we more than likely will) we will be playing Nebbish. I have hopes we improve between now and then. Our defensive game plan sucked for Mizzou. Should have brought 5 people rushing the QB all night. Watch fu**ing Nebraska next week. Also as bad as our Dis (around 80th in the Country) we need to possess the ball longer on O. When you possess it 2 minutes in the 4th quarter you are gonna get your a$$ kicked.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 08:28 AM
Our line play on both sides of the ball needs a lot of attention. Most of our problems can be solved there. If you watch a replay of the game the line play is really going to stand out as the basic problem.All of the studs on both sides of the line are not playing up to expectations.With the exception of Beal and he can't do it all. Another problem that needs to be solved is why we come out like gangbusters then crash in the fourth? Poor line play consistency?

Our lines are both very average. Beal got handled by their tackle damn near every play last night.

VoiceofReality
10/24/2010, 08:36 AM

You have one victory over us in, what, the last 20 games? Get back to me when the series is competitive.

Lets put is this way; there is a reason the goal posts came down.

TMcGee86
10/24/2010, 09:00 AM
We spotted them 7 to start the game and missed a chipshot fg.

That's 10 points.

We lost by 9.

We correct those two things and we win a game on the road in horrible game conditions with an insanely hostile crowd against a quality opponent, despite playing our worst game of the season.

Now the problem is the fg will not be fixed this year we've seen that. I trust the kicking game will be shored up but it might not be till Hammer comes back.

Funky G
10/24/2010, 09:25 AM

Record: 66-24-5

TUSooner
10/24/2010, 09:31 AM

We give Mizzou credit; beat us fair and square. But since Mizzou is not OUr team we really don't give a cuss about them compared to OUr guys. You should be able to understand that much.