PDA

View Full Version : Brent Venables tonight

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 01:59 AM
Discuss...

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 01:59 AM
Nice coverage, bud. Atta boy, way to go.

The local boys up in OKC on the radio keep talking you up but I must admit, I was proven so wrong.:confused:

Blue
10/24/2010, 02:01 AM
Couldn't understand why blitzing was not an option after getting torched as much as we were.

It looked like prevent D for 4 quarters.

I'm not a coach, but it was frustrating.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:02 AM
The man is a fool. PERIOD.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:04 AM
Couldn't understand why blitzing was not an option after getting torched as much as we were.

It looked like prevent D for 4 quarters.

I'm not a coach, but it was frustrating.

Don't you understand that it makes more sense for LB's to cover WR's man to man? LOL

Does this man have pics of Stoops' wife going down on some dude or something?

Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!

Blue
10/24/2010, 02:07 AM
Like I said...I'm not a coach. The formations looked strange from the get go.

And if you're not gonna rush anybody you might as well play a 4-1-6 or something.

I can't believe we didn't get any pressure.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:09 AM
Like I said...I'm not a coach. The formations looked strange from the get go.

And if you're not gonna rush anybody you might as well play a 4-1-6 or something.

I can't believe we didn't get any pressure.

They never completed a single out pass all night that I'm aware of. Everything was in the middle. I kept hoping at halftime we'd adjust the coverage... How about some cover 2 middle zone? Nope. Short man posts and slants. Give Gabert credit, he hit them. But to my knowledge, we NEVER tried to "bring it"

Did anyone else see a pass towards either sideline completed the entire night? Neither Alexander nor Beal showed up on the front 4.

Give Mizzou credit, this secondary is SO young it's sick.

nebraskaSOONER
10/24/2010, 02:25 AM
we are still going to go to the big 12 champ game BOOOOOOOOMER!

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:27 AM
we are still going to go to the big 12 champ game BOOOOOOOOMER!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NormanPride
10/24/2010, 03:56 AM
When you don't have the horses to cover out of a blitz you can't blitz. I guess we don't have the horses. Hard to send guys when they've got 5 WR out there 90% of the game.

oufan1
10/24/2010, 05:12 AM
When you don't have the horses to cover out of a blitz you can't blitz. I guess we don't have the horses. Hard to send guys when they've got 5 WR out there 90% of the game.

I think thats it right there... these new offenses are just really hard to defend and like throughout football history the offense gets ahead for a few years than the defense eventually catches up.

TahoeSOONER
10/24/2010, 05:39 AM
Seemed lost getting signals in and had corners running from one side to the other late. We still can't cover the middle of the field and the dline didn't show up.

ashley
10/24/2010, 07:12 AM
Our d tackles are horrible. The coaches have tried everyone the have and cannot find one.

East Coast Bias
10/24/2010, 07:46 AM
^This. Its hard to fashion a good defensive call when the team in front of you hits runs and passes at will. Mizzou hit pretty much everything they ran with the exception of deep passes and they really didn't need those. The 20 yard completions time after time when it was 3rd and 9 were painful.

kingsby
10/24/2010, 07:53 AM
It is just not tonight it is always about playing in close games in a hostile environment ... he or the D just falls apart. Everytime !!!

If Texas didn't fumble the punt on the Cotton Bowl is there anyone here who doesn't think they would drive down the field and scored to tie up the game.

BV call only call a defensive game plan when he has a 14 + point lead. If it is close and the other team can either run or pass, he is confused.

KW is not the problem. You should win every time you score 28 or more points, period. The players are not the problem look at the NFL and see all the ex-ou players on NFL rosters.

But between Bob losing his mind in close games and pulling up some lame sh**, like onside with 6 minutes left or fake field goals, and BV not being able to call a good defensive game when the game is close. We always lose the 4th qtr.

Until something really changes with our coaches I just don't see how we become a legit contender for the MNC in the near future.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/24/2010, 08:16 AM
I'm gonna reserve judgement til I see how Nebraska plays them. I know that I underestimated mizzOU. Like NP said it's hard to blitz when they have you spread from side line to side line and yOUr d line can't get any rush! This team is young and I hope they don't call it a season and lay down the rest of the year. When they interviewed Stoops on gameday he didn't seem like himself like he had a lot on his mind other then football! T Lew can talk all he wanted about not being the #1 team in the country, but I think some thought that they were that good, Stoops included. This young team still has a lot to play for, the South and another bowl victory! I think the d played well enough to win, but when yOU have three trip in the red zone that end up with an early trip to the bench for the offense it hard to win against an ok team on the road.

SCSooner71
10/24/2010, 08:24 AM
I will give credit where credit it due...Mizzu had a very good offensive line. If ever there was a game where Mccoy was missed it was this one.