PDA

View Full Version : What You All Should REALLY Be Angry At...

noobalicious
10/24/2010, 12:30 AM
...Mizzou dialed up a freaking HOOK AND LADDER play! Who does that Gary Pinkel think he is???

I say we play Mizzou in Dallas and run the Statue of Liberty for a touchdown! :D

agoo758
10/24/2010, 12:31 AM
I saw we run the hook and latter on them when we are up 50-0. :mad:

Curly Bill
10/24/2010, 12:34 AM
I say we quit letting peeps do that to us and call it good.

If I was playing us I'd call it on ever play until we stopped it. :D

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2010, 12:36 AM
And it didn't work as I recall - didn't they settle for 3 on that series?

noobalicious
10/24/2010, 12:36 AM

Actually they almost got a TD but the guy had a toe on the line. Got a FG out of it.

pappy
10/24/2010, 02:35 AM
"Trick plays for teams who can't win." - Al (however you spell his last name on the sports animal.)

He says that every time someone calls in and asks why bob doesn't run trick plays anymore.

Al's an idiot. Not just for tonight, but in general.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:38 AM
Al rocks but that station is a joke anymore. That entire network is a joke these days.

"Where ya at, Al?"

Give me a ****ing break. That city can't do better than that?

It's OU for God's sakes. OH F'ING U!!!!!

LOL @ JIM TRABER. Seriously? The same guy that said Westbrook would never be a good point guard?

The problem with that market is that they feel the need to give OSU equal coverage.

Look, no one outside of that state gives a damn about OSU.

TigerMatt
10/24/2010, 02:45 AM
...Mizzou dialed up a freaking HOOK AND LADDER play! Who does that Gary Pinkel think he is???

I say we play Mizzou in Dallas and run the Statue of Liberty for a touchdown! :D

It wasn't exactly a "hook and ladder". It was a screen pass that Oklahoma was overplaying all night long. The defense played it very aggressively again and got burned.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:46 AM
It wasn't exactly a "hook and ladder". It was a screen pass that Oklahoma was overplaying all night long. The defense played it very aggressively again and got burned.

Agreed. No, it WAS a hook and ladder but you are correct and it was well played.

Point for Matt

Matt, don't fudge stuff. I'll give you guys credit for it.

47Wins
10/24/2010, 09:39 AM
Please, for the love of God, it's Hook and Lateral.

SoonerPride93
10/24/2010, 10:18 AM
We all should be mad at Quentin Carter for being such a *****.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2010, 10:25 AM

Actually they almost got a TD but the guy had a toe on the line. Got a FG out of it.

Yes, it almost worked, but they were in close FG range before the play so it really didn't work. BTW, that was a great goal line stand that was wasted. I've seen teams get fired up after a stand like that and the offense comes out and takes over. sigh.

3rdgensooner
10/24/2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not angry about the game. Frustrated and a little puzzled, yes, but not angry.

waynepayne
10/24/2010, 04:34 PM
I'm not angry about the game. Frustrated and a little puzzled, yes, but not angry.

this times a fazillion

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:50 PM
When your Team has been out on the Field as much as Mizzou had it might be that you begin to change up your play calling a bit? I have a feeling they were just trying to keep us off guard. It worked quite a bit for them. As much as our Defense was out there last night I'm surprised they could stop anything towards the end of that game. We were really missing Carter after he went out.

OU's Time of Possession = 21:34

Mizzou's = 38:26

Talk about a Defense that was on their heals at games end.

If we could have turned that Time of Possession to 38:26 in our favor...Mizzou's D would have folded like a house of cards IMO.

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:39 PM
When your Team has been out on the Field as much as Mizzou had it might be that you begin to change up your play calling a bit? I have a feeling they were just trying to keep us off guard. It worked quite a bit for them. As much as our Defense was out there last night I'm surprised they could stop anything towards the end of that game. We were really missing Carter after he went out.

OU's Time of Possession = 21:34

Mizzou's = 38:26

Talk about a Defense that was on their heals at games end.

If we could have turned that Time of Possession to 38:26 in our favor...Mizzou's D would have folded like a house of cards IMO.

And I look forward to the eventual rematch.

85sooners
10/24/2010, 06:18 PM
:pop:

Jacie
10/24/2010, 06:45 PM
Trick plays are things of genius when they work (see failed fake field goal vs. sa*et for reference).

The thing is, they don't work unless your other stuff is working. In other words, the defense is already geared up to stop what you've been running (successfully) up to that point. That is when the trick play catches them looking.

If you are desparate and have been unable to move the ball running your offense, a trick play will be blown up by the defense. They will not jump start an offense that has been three-and-outing.

Leroyt
10/24/2010, 06:51 PM
Jacie nailed it. When teams try b.s. like a flea flicker in the first half, it ain't gonna work unless you're already up by 28 or it's 4th and 1 and you get lucky.