PDA

View Full Version : SoonerFans Law

agoo758
10/24/2010, 12:07 AM
Ok, well it's more of a theory at this point since I don't have a big enough sample yet. (first OU lost since I joined SF)

But tonight I have noticed the make up of threads on SF on saturday nights after OUr teams plays, and here is a description of what happens when we win, and when we lose.

Win: One thread originally dedicated to trying to get KW or BV fired and instead 30 different topics ensue with the OP getting banned for insubordiantion...:P

Loss: Multiple threads that cover the same subject, usually involving the follows

7 different "why did we go for 2?" threads

7 different " why is everyone under a 100 post count whining that we went for 2?" threads

4 different " Did you know that Laundry jones is a quarterback????" threads

and the one obligatory "old man with long beard playing the sooner blues" thread, likely to be posted by StoopTroup or Dean.....:D

So these are my productive findings, what do you think? Discuss....:pop:

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 12:09 AM
Not even close to the real drama we have here.

But our real drama isn't close to whorn****ers.com, so whatever.

GottaHavePride
10/24/2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah, nobody went bat-**** crazy and got banned for life, so this one was relatively tame.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, nobody went bat-**** crazy and got banned for life, so this one was relatively tame.

True and mainly because it wasn't that bad of a loss. I mean a loss is a loss but nothing has really been taken away besides that 1 spot.

Jboozer
10/24/2010, 02:08 PM
I think we all realize that we could have won that game. It wasnt that we got beat down or played terribly, we just made very costly mistakes against a very excited team. I'm sure everyone is disappointed I. That we probably lost our MNC chances, but I think we play them again, neutral field, and beat them. That has me feeling a little bit better and it is my guess why the reaction hasn't been so bad this time.

MamaMia
10/24/2010, 02:37 PM
When you're a passionate Sooner, the wins and losses bring out that passion whether we win or whether we lose. Its only natural. Even when you have a feeling we might lose a certain game, you have that love and faith in your team that makes you believe that they will find a way to win. When we don't, ones emotions give way to an element of shock and grief, sometimes accompanied with anger. People have to work through it in their own way. None of us handle losing the same way. None of us get over it the same way. Sometimes it takes some venting and it always takes time. Its the nature of the beast.

A little patience for those who dont handle losing well, always comes in handy. We are all Sooner fans. We're in this together.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 02:38 PM
I'm telling ya it's the old dude on the guitar's fault.

Damn you Fraggle! :D ;)

PUx8_iY1I9U

agoo758
10/24/2010, 05:12 PM
When you're a passionate Sooner, the wins and losses bring out that passion whether we win or whether we lose. Its only natural. Even when you have a feeling we might lose a certain game, you have that love and faith in your team that makes you believe that they will find a way to win. When we don't, ones emotions give way to an element of shock and grief, sometimes accompanied with anger. People have to work through it in their own way. None of us handle losing the same way. None of us get over it the same way. Sometimes it takes some venting and it always takes time. Its the nature of the beast.

A little patience for those who dont handle losing well, always comes in handy. We are all Sooner fans. We're in this together.

My Dad always tells me that the fans feel worse after a loss than the players do..... I am beginning to believe him, though I don't understand why it is the case.

For everyone else, just remember that the OP was a little toungue-in-cheek, try not to get too worked up over it.:P

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:18 PM
I would be willing to bet that our players feel worse.

However, they need to put last night behind tham other than the lessons learned and get ready for the rest of the season starting with Colorado.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 06:07 PM
My Dad always tells me that the fans feel worse after a loss than the players do..... I am beginning to believe him, though I don't understand why it is the case.

The players have a life.

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2010, 06:37 PM

Nah. I banned someone for life last night. It was a Missouri fan though.

Sooner_Tuf
10/24/2010, 06:44 PM
Nah. I banned someone for life last night. It was a Missouri fan though.

You should nail Dale Rich while you are at it.