PDA

View Full Version : We are spoiled

Rickety_Syd
10/23/2010, 11:47 PM
OK, we're not going through the regular season unbeaten. The truth is, we've only had five perfect regular seasons since 1970. Five. That's it. So the odds of it happening are pretty low. Especially when you consider all the young players we have this year, including a sophomore quarterback.

But we've had three of those five perfect regular seasons since 2000 when we won the title. So we've come to expect it and sort of feel the season is destroyed when we lose. The truth is, the Big 12 title is still there for the taking, a BCS bowl is still there and maybe, depending on how far we drop in the BCS and how other teams play out, we still have an outside shot to get to the title game.

So it suck, but it's far from over. There are still five more weeks to the regular season and A LOT can happen. I don't think we lose at home this season, and I don't think we lose at Baylor or A&M, so that leaves OSU. Win that and who knows where we sit as we head to the Big 12 title game.

At least, this is how I;m looking at it.

Flying Scotsman
10/23/2010, 11:48 PM
My undertanding is that this year was supposed to be a re-building year.

agoo758
10/23/2010, 11:51 PM
Reminds me.....LSU lost today...... I get to remind all of my good peers! :D

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:52 PM
All elite teams fans are spoiled. I agree.

soonerboomer93
10/23/2010, 11:53 PM
yeah, at least I won't be taking **** from texas fans co-workers when I get back to houston.

I wonder how many of them are left anyways, they might have had a "wrist slitting party"

bluedogok
10/23/2010, 11:56 PM
I never expect an unbeaten season, such an achievement requires a tremendous amount of lucky bounces, favorable calls and few key injuries, that is probably the reason why they are so rare. When you are at the level to be considered for them you are everyone's #1 target regardless of what the ranking is and the major for error is sliced even thinner.

Blue
10/23/2010, 11:57 PM
It just sucks bc you win it all some years you don't expect to(2000) and this year was looking a little like that. The years you're favored and Im thinking next year we will be it doesn't always work out. Those MNCs are hard to come by and we want em.

Its been 10 years. Hell, 1985 to 2000 seemed like an eternity and were creeping on that. We're just antsy thats all.

gaylordfan1
10/23/2010, 11:57 PM
So, tonight my wife was asking me why I wasn't pissed....after the loss and all.
"Well, I said... at least they were ranked" I came into the year with 2 goals,... Beat Texas and win the bowl game. 1 for 1. I figured a loss was coming. Better them than Colorado. I knew this was a young team with plenty to prove. Damn, how many frosh played tonight? Enough for me to know we have a great season ahead....and at least a couple more! Boomer.

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 11:58 PM
We were King for a week.