PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to call more screen plays....

soonervet
10/23/2010, 11:12 PM
Really?
I am so tired of playing like a pu**y finesse team. The middle and bubble screens are ridiculous. I like these plays, but 10 times per game is brutal. Lets throw the ball down field a lilttle, and run the ball to finch more.....so murray is all world im sure you all will tell me, but Finch was good for 6-7 yds all night.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:14 PM
Welcome to a Kevin Wilson Offense. When it goes good, it looks awesome...but when it it taken away, then it looks like tonight!

jadubya
10/23/2010, 11:17 PM
Offense was not the problem tonight, boys.

TXBOOMER
10/23/2010, 11:35 PM
Offense was not the problem tonight, boys.

100 yards in the second half...3 and out...3 and out....pick....R U Serious. Offense was GD sure PART of the problem!

jadubya
10/23/2010, 11:41 PM
Was the offense perfect...nope. The bigger problem...our complete and utter inability to tackle in all phases of the game.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 11:42 PM
I farted.

springsooner
10/24/2010, 01:04 AM
I can smell it......It stinks!!!!

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 01:09 AM
I want to smell soonervets avatar fart.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 01:12 AM
They didn't kill us on the blitz. You run screens when the QB is under constant pressure.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 01:13 AM
They didn't kill us on the blitz. You run screens when the QB is under constant pressure.

Yea but they read them pretty easy, like almost everyone does.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 01:14 AM
If I had any complaints, it was that we didn't run the ball enough. But why should we? Did you see Landry's first half numbers?

Guys, we simply lost the game because of the secondary. PERIOD.

If anyone has any explaining to do, it's Vulnerables. Even still, OUr D looked like kindergartners looking to the sidelines on every play.

The middle of the field was picked apart ALL DAY LONG.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 01:16 AM
If I had any complaints, it was that we didn't run the ball enough. But why should we? Did you see Landry's first half numbers?

Nope, turnovers and defense period. The line didn't get pressure, the middle was always open, and there were missed tackles.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 01:26 AM

If anyone has any explaining to do, it's Vulnerables. Even still, OUr D looked like kindergartners looking to the sidelines on every play.

The middle of the field was picked apart ALL DAY LONG.

Team loss...we possessed the ball 2 minutes and 8 seconds in the 4th quarter. That belongs to the O and the D. Crappy special teams play, let them run a KO back for a TD miss a 30 yard FG. 2 red zone turn overs. A total Team Loss. Players and Coaches had a crapper tonight.

pappy
10/24/2010, 06:16 AM
Did anyone else notice that musberger called Landry Laundry Jones at the end of the 1st half?

I'm being serious.

VA Sooner
10/24/2010, 07:13 AM
Team loss...we possessed the ball 2 minutes and 8 seconds in the 4th quarter. That belongs to the O and the D. Crappy special teams play, let them run a KO back for a TD miss a 30 yard FG. 2 red zone turn overs. A total Team Loss. Players and Coaches had a crapper tonight.

This ^.

No pressure from D-line all night. O-line started losing grip in the second half and couldn't protect Landry. Defense couldn't tackle. Second half game plan didn't change enough to get Landry something (screen, bubble, etc) to get the pressure off of him and he began to disintegrate.

Turnovers, sloppy tackling and getting bullied on both sides of the ball. Back to practice and work on deficits. Colorado is next.