PDA

View Full Version : We'll Still Win The South (Congrats to Missouri)

Okie35
10/23/2010, 10:59 PM
Sadly, we won't play Missouri again it will be Nebraska winning the North. The only thing that really urks me is that our team isn't good on the road. We run really predictable plays.

aero
10/23/2010, 11:03 PM
We need work. But we've got talent and aren't far off. Geez, a lot of us have been impressed with some of the young talent and how well they've played and said they could only get better. Well, this is part of learning. I really didn't think we had a NC team this year and have been more than pleased with the season to this point. If we can win out I'll be real happy and can't wait for next year.

nBoSTP
10/23/2010, 11:06 PM
The thing I have been saying all season about The sooners really was the difference tonight. The defensive line gets absolutely no pressure on the QB at all. I am not convinced Oklahoma wins the south since they play at Baylor and OU sucks *** on the road.

soonergirlNeugene
10/23/2010, 11:08 PM
I do think we'll win the South. But lets be up front about this game. We got beat, Mizzou played 4 quarters of football better than we did and deserves the win. What I don't want to see is a bunch of excuses so we set ourselves up like Mizzou did the last time we met for the CCG. We lost this one to the better team today. The game did highlight a lot of errors we've been making that I am confident that can be corrected before the end of the season.

Good luck with your season Mizzou and BOOMER SOONER!

SOONERxWife73
10/23/2010, 11:10 PM
I'm with aero. I refuse to act like *. IMO we have played beyond the expectations I had. We'll still be in the CCG and the way this season is going, we have plenty of time to move up. BOOMER! !!

RoaminSooner
10/23/2010, 11:11 PM
Boomer Sooner!!!!! Gawd I wanna rematch...

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:13 PM
Sadly, we won't play Missouri again it will be Nebraska winning the North.

Really? Does that make you feel better?

johnh123
10/23/2010, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure we win the south. Much as I hate to say it, I think we have to pull for Texas to beat osu. That way, if osu beats us, we have a three way tie again and I think ou would win the tie breaker by being higher ranked. And that is assuming we can win the rest of our games, which is no sure thing either.

But I do agree that Nebraska will win the north.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 11:16 PM
Rematch and we'll win the Big 12. No questions here.

johnh123
10/23/2010, 11:18 PM

As much as I'd like to play mizzou again, I'd rather beat Nebraska one last time before they leave.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:22 PM

No but I'm a realist you really think you'll go into Lincoln and beat Nebraska when they beat OSU today. They have the same damn offense you do. Mind you they beat them in Stillwater which they haven't done in a long time.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:23 PM
No but I'm a realist you really think you'll go into Lincoln and beat Nebraska when they beat OSU today. They have the same damn offense you do. Mind you they beat them in Stillwater which they haven't done in a long time.

Same offense? Not even close. But, let's say that we do. Did we look like we had the same defense as OSU?

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:26 PM
Same offense? Not even close. But, let's say that we do. Did we look like we had the same defense as OSU?

Ok, nevermind they don't have the same offense. They have a better offense period, sorry. Better backs and receivers. You baited me into that. They still run a spread as well.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:30 PM
If they have a better offense (and they do), then I would be a lot more worried about your last conference game than who you'll play in the Big 12 CG.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:33 PM
If they have a better offense (and they do), then I would be a lot more worried about your last conference game than who you'll play in the Big 12 CG.

I know which is true. I agree, and I'm glad you agree OSU has a better offense than you. That's all I was saying. :D I really would like to play you guys again.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:37 PM
You are completely ignoring the defense

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:45 PM
You are completely ignoring the defense

Your defense played great in the redzone. Good job!

GottaHavePride
10/24/2010, 12:01 AM
Congrats, Mizzou, your defense played great when we threw the ball right to them.

Heh.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 12:14 AM
Congrats, Mizzou, your defense played great when we threw the ball right to them.

Heh.

Yeah, you guys really suck. We are terrible. :)

KC//CRIMSON
10/24/2010, 12:15 AM
Congrats, Mizzou, your defense played great when they rushed our QB unblocked!

Heh.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 12:16 AM
I dont see Nebraska winning the North.

Blue
10/24/2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, you guys really suck. We are terrible. :)

Congrats to Mizzou. But why don't you F off instead of trolling around here looking for some kind of validation like you actually accomplished something?

It's pathetic.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 12:20 AM
Not trolling at all. That post you quoted was a joke in response to the previous two jabs about our D.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:21 AM
I dont see Nebraska winning the North.

How so? If not then who? If Nebraska wins next week, they'll win the North.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:21 AM
Not trolling at all. That post you quoted was a joke in response to the previous two jabs about our D.

Your defense did play well but we did shoot ourselves in the foot a lot.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 12:22 AM
How so? If not then who? If Nebraska wins next week, they'll win the North.

That is if they win.

Missouri is a good team...and I dont see them losing to Nebraska next week. Of course how this season is unfolding anything is possible.

Blue
10/24/2010, 12:23 AM

I've seen enough of your posts. This is a Sooner board. Try not to get your panties in a wad everytime you see someone not give Mizzou credit. You'll be here all night.

noobalicious
10/24/2010, 12:24 AM
Missouri will beat Nebraska and then lose some game that they shouldn't and this crazy season will continue...

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 12:24 AM
Oh and let me add....Nebraska plays better away from Lincoln this year.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:25 AM
That is if they win.

Missouri is a good team...and I dont see them losing to Nebraska next week. Of course how this season is unfolding anything is possible.

Maybe but I think if they can still beat OSU w/ their offense putting up 400+ then they can handle Missouri. Even if Missouri puts up numbers.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 12:25 AM
Missouri will beat Nebraska and then lose some game that they shouldn't and this crazy season will continue...

This is my biggest fear. I will never shake the fear of losing that meaningless November game that screws your whole season. Just part of being a Mizzou fan.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:37 AM
Oh and let me add....Nebraska plays better away from Lincoln this year.

Thats true but I think it changes. Bo should've never benched Martinez last week. That outcome could've been different.

tooslow
10/24/2010, 08:30 AM
I am not convinced Oklahoma wins the south since they play at Baylor and OU sucks *** on the road.

This, and we also play a few more road games. So far, we are seeing the same theme from last year. Undefeated at home and a losing record on true away games.

misplacedsooner
10/24/2010, 10:26 AM
i wanted and looked forward to playing nebby in the cc....this game last night has changed everything. good job mizzy, you hung in there and did what you needed to do and we didnt.
now i will watch us win out and root for you to do the same, i so want to see you one more time this year.

3rdgensooner
10/24/2010, 10:28 AM
This, and we also play a few more road games. So far, we are seeing the same theme from last year. Undefeated at home and a losing record on true away games.
Last year we lost at Jerry World, not exactly a true away game.

delhalew
10/24/2010, 10:51 AM
If I give Missouri credit, it would be for maintaining intensity for 4 quarters. That is one of several issues we have had this year.

tooslow
10/24/2010, 10:59 AM
Last year we lost at Jerry World, not exactly a true away game.

Yes, but I was referring to our recent play in true away games. So far, we've only played one true away game this year (Cincy game was not at their stadium) and we looked totally lost. However, since the whorns obviously are fielding one of their worst teams this decade, it would seem we just play at a lower level away from home, regardless of whether it's a neutral site or at the opponents house. The signs were there that we were overrated, I just chose to ignore them. Everyone said we were close to being 12-1 last year based on the close games we lost. Based on that logic, one could also say we could be 2-5 at this point. Bottom line is that we ARE 6-1. After watching the game last night, I'll take it.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 12:48 AM
I guess I should've said Big XII Ship too :D