PDA

View Full Version : Zero completions in the Fourth Quarter

htownsooner7
10/23/2010, 10:49 PM
We do not have a championship caliber quarterback. Two terrible game changing turnovers and not one completion in the fourth quarter when we needed a comeback. How can those of you who argue on his behalf not agree? His track record is painfully clear.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2010, 10:50 PM
For real? I didn't even realize that

My Opinion Matters
10/23/2010, 10:53 PM
For real? I didn't even realize that

No QB at OU ever lost a road game before Landry Jones. Don't you know anything?

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 10:54 PM
You remember Colorado 2007?

Yeah...Bradford ended up being something special and I am not saying Jones is Bradford....

but get real dip****. It takes more than just the QB to create receptions. Yes, some of those throws were horrid. Others were drops.

Turnovers are part of the game. As a team, especially defensively, we are not a championship caliber team.

60 minutes in a game and not ONE blitz called? that is not the players...that is the coaching. WTF is all that about? We did not get any pressure on Gabbert.

Overall performance grades:

Offense: B-
Rushing: C+
Passing: B
Playcalling: D

Defense: D+
Rushing: C
Passing: C
Playcalling: D-

And of course our kicking game overall is an F

Dale Rich
10/23/2010, 10:55 PM
You get anyone near him, and he gets flustered. Someone needs to teach him to sidestep. He panics and throws the ball at the ground for an intentional grounding.

ocsooner
10/23/2010, 10:57 PM
Can someone bring up the officials. That's about the only stupid excuse for loosing I haven't heard yet tonight.

Dale Rich
10/23/2010, 10:57 PM

Yeah...Bradford ended up being something special and I am not saying Jones is Bradford....

but get real dip****. It takes more than just the QB to create receptions. Yes, some of those throws were horrid. Others were drops.

Turnovers are part of the game. As a team, especially defensively, we are not a championship caliber team.

60 minutes in a game and not ONE blitz called? that is not the players...that is the coaching. WTF is all that about? We did not get any pressure on Gabbert.

Difference = Bradford was stellar in that game. His receivers couldn't catch a cold. Int's were tips from perfect throws.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:00 PM
What boggles my mind is this:

How can we have a weapon like Finch and only utilize him sparingly?

I thought Stoops wanted his best out there? No offense to Murray, but he is not the back he used to be.

Stoops had finch out with injury. Then you blow a chance to redshirt him and keep that year of eligibility by putting in sparingly?

We can all see a huge difference in our rushing game when he is in! I am not saying replace Murray, but split the carries 50-50 since you ruined a chance to redshirt him.

Also, one thing that doesnt make sense to me....

All game the middle of the defense was wide open. A nd no blitzes were called?
When you are not getting pressure from the front four...lets just allow the QB to have all day and pick you apart. While allowing our defense to not play the middle of the field.

Yeah...this is great game adjustments and coaching preparation.

We were already getting looked at as the most overrated team in the nation tonight, we proved it.

Even though IMHO OU is worthy of their ranking!

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 11:01 PM
**** off dip****.

That was for Fale Bich.

sooner518
10/23/2010, 11:02 PM
protection seemed to get really bad in the 4th as well. plus we couldnt run the ball when Finch wasnt in. plus Mizzou basically took away the swing passes that Landry lives off of. Landry wasnt very good, but there were other things...

brainpimp
10/23/2010, 11:03 PM

That's not true!!!!!!! we called 1 in the 3rd quarter. It pressured gabbert into a bad short throw on 3rd down.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:04 PM
Difference = Bradford was stellar in that game. His receivers couldn't catch a cold. Int's were tips from perfect throws.

You are a ****ing idiot. STFU.

INTs are INTS...no matter if you throw them to the guy or tips. And no, bradford was not stellar in that game.

I would hardly call 8 of 19 for 112 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs as stellar.

But thanks for trying.

htownsooner7
10/23/2010, 11:05 PM
You are f ing crazy if you think he didn't look completely flustered in the 4th. The same look he gave against Nebraska last year. Make excuses all you want. Explain that fourth quarter to me. From the first third and eight to start the quarter to the pick after their touchdown to the three and outs. What part of that did you like?

okiedokie
10/23/2010, 11:06 PM
Can someone bring up the officials. That's about the only stupid excuse for loosing I haven't heard yet tonight.

I agree on this...plenty of holding calls not called

oumartin
10/23/2010, 11:06 PM
Landry isn't the problem. He's put in really crappy postitions by his coach.
Cale needs to quit pulling a running back when he's hot.

Venables sucks but other than that

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:09 PM
You are f ing crazy if you think he didn't look completely flustered in the 4th. The same look he gave against Nebraska last year. Make excuses all you want. Explain that fourth quarter to me. From the first third and eight to start the quarter to the pick after their touchdown to the three and outs. What part of that did you like?

Who the **** said he didnt?

He was battling pressure the entire 4th quarter by stunts and blitzes...something Brent "the perfect DC" Venebles did not do!

Landry Jones is no Bradford, but he is not a bad or terrible QB. He looked like any other QB (even Bradford) when getting pressured and having to hurry his throws.

Take your negativity and stick it up your ***. Jones is our QB and he has done a heck of a job but in but 2 of his 19 games he has played in.

htownsooner7
10/23/2010, 11:10 PM
As for no qb at ou never lost a road game comment. Really?? Is that the point you want to with? Just what is his record in road games then? You're right, he's done a great Job. Doesn't look panicky at all.

My Opinion Matters
10/23/2010, 11:10 PM
He was a total trainwreck after that INT...very good before that.

OklahomaTuba
10/23/2010, 11:15 PM
Landry isn't the problem. He's put in really crappy postitions by his coach.
Cale needs to quit pulling a running back when he's hot.

Amen.

Partial Qualifier
10/23/2010, 11:16 PM
You are f ing crazy if you think he didn't look completely flustered in the 4th. The same look he gave against Nebraska last year.

I don't disagree with this at all, but here's the deal:

- 1st & foremost, he's got no time to pass
- his go-to receiver is hobbling around with a sprained ankle, a non-factor
- Our #2/3 receiver is out with injury
- which leaves Stills as our only reliable receiver on the field, and they had him shut down.

I know that "look" you're talking about -- that bewildered deer-in-the-headlights thing Landry does that signifies a bad game in the making -- But this is a team game, it ain't all on Landry's shoulders.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:18 PM
As for no qb at ou never lost a road game comment. Really?? Is that the point you want to with? Just what is his record in road games then? You're right, he's done a great Job. Doesn't look panicky at all.

I suppose you are one of the idiotic dumb****s that think that it is just the QB that loses a game for you, right?

Landry had a bad game...but our defense did nothing to help out our offense.

Our special teams sucked *** yet again.

Our coaching staff looked very much like second rate, thanks to absolutely no adjustments in the game from either coordinator...and for taking out players that are hot, i.e, Finch.

Overall, this game loss was by far more than just Jones having a bad day!

htownsooner7
10/23/2010, 11:21 PM
You can have a love fest for him all you want. I have real criticisms about his performance in clutch situations. He had repeatedly sh it the bed on the road when facing adversity.

oumartin
10/23/2010, 11:22 PM
no, the coaching staff pisses down their britches in tight situations.

htownsooner7
10/23/2010, 11:24 PM
I agree that this was a poor team effort. This whole thread was clearly titled. The focus here is on the quarterback. Can you read?

GottaHavePride
10/23/2010, 11:25 PM
"Needing to learn how to sidestep a guy" is one thing. I fail to see how Landry can sidestep four guys closing in on him from all sides. And four is about how many were getting to him on a regular basis by the fourth quarter. Yeah, Landry could have done better, but the O-line was invisible.

SoonerBacker
10/23/2010, 11:26 PM
Here we go..............L Jones sucks and needs to be benched; BV sucks, so fire Venebales, KW sucks, so fire Wilson, F*!K - FIRE STOOPS!
Funny how some people pull posts like this up from other teams' fan boards and laugh at them for having a meltdown. Then a bunch of folks come on here and do the exact same shiite! It could be worse, you know! We could have Mack Brown as our coach and have lost to UCLA and Iowa State in our home stadium!

htownsooner7
10/23/2010, 11:31 PM
"Needing to learn how to sidestep a guy" is one thing. I fail to see how Landry can sidestep four guys closing in on him from all sides. And four is about how many were getting to him on a regular basis by the fourth quarter. Yeah, Landry could have done better, but the O-line was invisible.

Listen, there were problems with the line. No doubt. But that pass to the short side of the field that was picked was horrible. It was the kind of interception that Jefferson throws at LSU. On third and medium he was clearly overwhelmed throwing into coverage. Maybe the coaches did not put him in great situations but why can't we be honest about his performance drastically changing this game?

silverwheels
10/23/2010, 11:33 PM
Landry isn't our biggest problem right now. He had a few bad throws, but I was more disturbed at how clueless the defense looked for most of the night. Or why Wilson calls so many goddamn screens. Or why we only had Finch and Murray on the field at the same time for one drive, when it was obviously bad-****ing-***.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 11:34 PM
Dumbazzes.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 11:35 PM
Landry isn't our biggest problem right now. He had a few bad throws, but I was more disturbed at how clueless the defense looked for most of the night. Or why Wilson calls so many goddamn screens. Or why we only had Finch and Murray on the field at the same time for one drive, when it was obviously bad-****ing-***.

Murray and Finch I agree with and stated so earlier in the week.

GottaHavePride
10/23/2010, 11:38 PM
I'm just saying EVERYONE had a bad game this week. It was raining. In the last few years, we have sucked monkey balls in the rain. Last week he was 30 of 34 with a passer rating of 199.87 against the team that just beat the crap out of Texas IN AUSTIN. Against FSU he was 30 of 40 for 4 TDs.

The difference? He didn't have a bunch of d-linemen in his face every play those weeks.

brainpimp
10/23/2010, 11:38 PM
Murray and Finch I agree with and stated so earlier in the week.

I have to agree. that combo was really screwing with the D.

Finch reminds me so much of Reggie Bush its scary.

He has the speed to get outside the DM just doesnt have anymore.

rainiersooner
10/23/2010, 11:41 PM
I guess the QB gets the glory when we win and the blame when we lose, but for Pete's sake: (1) give up 7 points to start the game; (2) Madu fumbles in the red zone; (3) what in the fu*k do we have to do to get a kicker?; (4) how about protection and time for our QB?; (5) how about dialing up some blitzes if the front four can't get pressure on the opposing QB?; and (6) any chance we can find a linebacker who can cover in the middle???

But sure, Landry could have played better. Of all the things we need to correct, I think Landry is low on the list. Unless you're used to playing sandlot football and think games are won or lost by QBs alone.

rainiersooner
10/23/2010, 11:42 PM
I guess the QB gets the glory when we win and the blame when we lose, but for Pete's sake: (1) give up 7 points to start the game; (2) Madu fumbles in the red zone; (3) what in the fu*k do we have to do to get a kicker?; (4) how about protection and time for our QB?; (5) how about dialing up some blitzes if the front four can't get pressure on the opposing QB?; and (6) any chance we can find a linebacker who can cover in the middle???

But sure, Landry could have played better. Of all the things we need to correct, I think Landry is low on the list. Unless you're used to playing sandlot football and think games are won or lost by QBs alone.

Oh wait, I forgot...tackling, yeah tackling...that would help too.

rainiersooner
10/23/2010, 11:43 PM
Or why we only had Finch and Murray on the field at the same time for one drive, when it was obviously bad-****ing-***.

Oh yeah...I remember that - that was the part of the game where we looked like Missouri couldn't stop us. Phew, so glad Wilson didn't tip his hat to Baylor and let him know we might rely on that tandem later in the season.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:43 PM
You can have a love fest for him all you want. I have real criticisms about his performance in clutch situations. He had repeatedly sh it the bed on the road when facing adversity.

So the pressure he got late was not the fault of our OLine laying an egg instead of blocking?

What about some of the drops, were those Jones' fault too?

Jones did a heck of a job until late...but it was not just his fault. The entire team imploded late, like they ahve all season long in the fourth quarter!