PDA

View Full Version : SUCK IT UP

Collier11
10/23/2010, 10:47 PM
VERY VERY disappointing loss tonight, we blew it in the 1st qt. Despite that, despite BV and KW calling horrible games, we have a shot at the Big 12 title and a rematch with mizzou still. The season isnt over yet guys.

Hate tonight, be pissed, bitch n moan and then get over it

jadubya
10/23/2010, 10:53 PM
This team can't tackle to save their lives. They will have challenges with OSU and Mizzou/NU in the Big 12 title game.....if they get there.

aero
10/23/2010, 10:57 PM
It's 1 game. I'm with ya. We still can win the B12 and have a great season to build on for next year. Young team with talent. I'm still pumped.

Collier11
10/23/2010, 10:57 PM
The sky isnt falling, thats the point. We have the chance to earn our way back, we shoulda won tonight and let them hang around too long.

No one is getting fired, no one is getting benched, so lets just be pissed, get drunk, and then rebound

bringit
10/23/2010, 10:59 PM
Re: SUCK IT UP

that's what she said

Collier11
10/23/2010, 10:59 PM
:D

bringit
10/23/2010, 11:01 PM
I don't like that we lost, but I see WHY we lost and it's all fixable. I'd like to make it to Dallas and play them again. They are beatable.

Collier11
10/23/2010, 11:03 PM
We shoulda been up 6-10 pts after 1 qt, thats where we blew it and kept them alive. Better to lose now then later, just too bad we had to lose

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 11:03 PM
I don't like that we lost, but I see WHY we lost and it's all fixable. I'd like to make it to Dallas and play them again. They are beatable.

Everybody is beatable.

Good post.

IowaSooner26
10/23/2010, 11:05 PM

Totally agree. We shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and still battled to have a chance at the end. Also we lost to the #11 team in the nation. Alabama lost to #18 or something and SC has went on to lose again and again. Ohio St lost and played nobody outside that one game. I still think we should end up ahead of Alabama but I doubt it will happen.

primetime43
10/23/2010, 11:05 PM
did our defense watch any film? All I saw was confusion at every position.

delhalew
10/23/2010, 11:06 PM
:(

agoo758
10/23/2010, 11:07 PM
Bright side guys. We win out, go to the Fiesta bowl. We have a good chance of meeting Boise! :)

okiedokie
10/23/2010, 11:13 PM
It's 1 game. I'm with ya. We still can win the B12 and have a great season to build on for next year. Young team with talent. I'm still pumped.

you say it's one game... but only one game does it take to knock you out of a championship run

let's hope to see them again

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 11:14 PM
Great news is we had injury problems and still didn't get dominated or anything.

mehip
10/23/2010, 11:15 PM
VERY VERY disappointing loss tonight, we blew it in the 1st qt. Despite that, despite BV and KW calling horrible games, we have a shot at the Big 12 title and a rematch with mizzou still. The season isnt over yet guys.

I feel the same way, we can't win em all every year and this season is by far better than last season. I think I was guilty of getting my hopes too high after beating Texas and seeing the young-in starting to really come along. Our DL should get better after this and that will fix a lot things.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2010, 11:15 PM
I never expected this team to be a title contender this year. I still love the players on this squad and if they handle this well and continue to improve, it will be a monster team next year. They are as good as anyone in the conference and winning it is still very possible; just have to get better on the road and in the 4th qtr.

soonercastor
10/23/2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, colorado gonna have to pay for it next week. turnovers

KBoomer11
10/24/2010, 12:56 AM

This is the greatest post I have ever read from you. Sometimes I think you're a jackass. Sometimes I (we) just feel like bitching and whining. But I'll get over it. Boomer sooner.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:59 AM
Totally agree. We shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and still battled to have a chance at the end. Also we lost to the #11 team in the nation. Alabama lost to #18 or something and SC has went on to lose again and again. Ohio St lost and played nobody outside that one game. I still think we should end up ahead of Alabama but I doubt it will happen.

We wont Bama is basically the #1 1 loss team followed by Ohio State. I think we'll still be in the top 10 in the BCS. I don't think any team will stay undefeated honestly (at least the BCS qualifiers). Boise and Utah won't lose.

Collier11
10/24/2010, 01:14 AM
This is the greatest post I have ever read from you. Sometimes I think you're a jackass. Sometimes I (we) just feel like bitching and whining. But I'll get over it. Boomer sooner.

the longer you know me you will come to realize that I am a jackazz :D but I try to be honest and not overreact about stuff

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 01:24 AM
For all of you b#tching. Get off the wagon now. This team is so young it's sick.

KBoomer11
10/24/2010, 01:47 AM
For all of you b#tching. Get off the wagon now. This team is so young it's sick.

See, you're wrong. I'm extremely depressed after tonight, and I might feel like b#tching to feel better. You've got something wrong if you are happy after that game. So let me b#tch till morning, like my new friend Collier, and I'll be fine.

SOONER44EVER
10/24/2010, 01:50 AM
Isn't this board made for bitching? :confused:

soonerbub
10/24/2010, 03:28 AM
We still control our destiny in the big XII
we need:
1) win out (duh)
2) every undefeated lose (at least all but one)
3) beat tiggers *** in JerryWorld (needs to be mizzou)
4) our QB to learn a sack is better than a ****ing oskie
5) not to get in anymore games where the point difference is different than x7
multiples so our coach doesn't have to think about going for 2

NormanPride
10/24/2010, 04:00 AM
I am sad we lost, and frustrated at how close we were. I am not surprised. This team is young and stupid. :D

VA Sooner
10/24/2010, 07:15 AM
Tough game but we know what we need to work on. Plenty of games left and we've got work to do. Colorado next and Texas A&M and so on and so on.

We'll meet Mizzou again in the Big 12 CCG unless Neb takes care of them.

UTsucks
10/24/2010, 07:59 AM
Bright side guys. We win out, go to the Fiesta bowl. We have a good chance of meeting Boise! :)

This team will not beat Boise. Do you REALLY want big game BOB again to fail? :pop:

SCSooner71
10/24/2010, 08:19 AM
On the bright side....how bout Finch!!! I was curious how well he could catch the ball out of the backfield and he showed me that is no prob.

okiedokie
10/24/2010, 08:22 AM
On the bright side....how bout Finch!!! I was curious how well he could catch the ball out of the backfield and he showed me that is no prob.

Love Finch!!! Can't wait to see more from him.

the green owl
10/24/2010, 10:29 AM
I'll suck it up because I'm able to put a little perspective on the whole situation. Meaning, I remember the 90's all too well. When Stoops was hired I told a friend I'd be happy with a consistent top 25 team that could compete for a Big12/National Championship the years we had good teams. I just wanted to be relevant again. For those of you who don't remember, it was that bad and bad's a nice way of putting it.

The problem (good thing) is Stoops made us relevant really quick and expectations were raised. It hurt losing last night , but I love the fact that we are pissed off that we lost to the #11 ranked team at home, in primetime, and arguably the biggest game of MU's life with a very young Sooner team. I'll give a hundred bucks to anyone who thought we'd be number one in the first BCS rankings this year ( no, not sending Phil Steele any money ).

That being said, is it just me or does it seem like our coaching staff has lost their swagger since the early days. It's like they're the aging pro who has a lost a step or two. I understand players make a difference and our staff has changed, but we coach on our heels instead of going after people.

I don't see other defenses looking to the sidelines on EVERY single play and struggling to get aligned. Maybe it's simplistic, but what happened to lining up and bringing it. To me, the players are thinking to much and not simply hitting and tackling. The biggest killer to athleticism is over thinking, it's not rocket science.

Same thing on offense, what in the hell is going on in the fourth quarter? Are we the ones getting tired from our hurry up? Just speculating because I don't know, but man I'd love to see more attacking down the field. Do we not trust the line? The QB? I'd love to listen in on some coaches meetings.

If I sent Stoops and Co a letter it would be a Thank You letter, but the P.S. would say, " Please review all game tapes and coaching philosophies from 99-03, kthxbai."

Like I said, just a simplistic fans view with no coaching experience, so flame away if you'd like.

Sabanball
10/24/2010, 10:30 AM
Two different no. 1 teams(Bama, OU) go down in a span of three weeks and both of them happen in a city named Columbia. Also, when a crowd storms the field in the Big 12, does the home team get fined, and if so do they simply send the check to Texas?;)

Seriously, I predict you guys will be around 8-9 and Mizzou around 10--they won't move up that much. Just like us, you guys are still in it but I think too many things have to happen now for either of our teams to make it to the BCS title game. But at least we both can still win our conference titles and get to a good bowl game.

JLEW1818
10/24/2010, 10:40 AM
make it 4 weeks.

I see Oregon losing AT USC

Sooner_Tuf
10/24/2010, 12:27 PM
I'll give a hundred bucks to anyone who thought we'd be number one in the first BCS rankings this year.

Would you like to send that by US Mail, PayPal, M/O?

stoopified
10/24/2010, 12:43 PM
Hate tonight, be pissed, bitch n moan and then get over itAmen

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 12:45 PM
Two different no. 1 teams(Bama, OU) go down in a span of three weeks and both of them happen in a city named Columbia. Also, when a crowd storms the field in the Big 12, does the home team get fined, and if so do they simply send the check to Texas?;)

Seriously, I predict you guys will be around 8-9 and Mizzou around 10--they won't move up that much. Just like us, you guys are still in it but I think too many things have to happen now for either of our teams to make it to the BCS title game. But at least we both can still win our conference titles and get to a good bowl game.

Right now I'd say if you guys win out...you have a much better chance of repeating.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2010, 12:52 PM
Right now I'd say if you guys (bama) win out...you have a much better chance of repeating.

Bama is quietly sitting in a good position in case of failure above. If BSU and the ducks win out, I don't think 'Bama gets in, but that's a big if. Of course 'Bama still has some tough games to play too.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 01:00 PM
This team will not beat Boise. Do you REALLY want big game BOB again to fail? :pop:

If we are prepared, I think we can beat Boise.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 01:15 PM

Not right now we aren't but by the time we line up in front of them at years end...I think we'll give them one hell of a game. We showed we have some holes in our game last night.