My Opinion Matters
10/23/2010, 10:49 PM
Landry Jones is not an ottoman.

MamaMia
10/23/2010, 10:50 PM
The cupboard was bare.

Dwight
10/23/2010, 10:52 PM
And what would've been said if OU won? ZOMFG Landry is teh best QB evar!!!!!

He could've done better, but I put all the blame on the defense.

LoveDemSooners
10/23/2010, 10:52 PM
Landry IS the future...why do people start freaking out after a L?

bringit
10/23/2010, 10:53 PM
if you give up 36 pts. you're probably gonna lose.

okiedokie
10/23/2010, 10:53 PM
it was just a matter of time till these threads start to show up

this is a message board ;)

GottaHavePride
10/23/2010, 10:59 PM
Landry might have had a better night if our O-line would have blocked, um, anyone.

Or if our defense hadn't just let everyone run straight up the middle for 20 yards a pop.

aero
no. he is the present.

Sooners78

No doubt, the defense was to blame for the loss. No pressure on the QB, middle open all night, 20 yd bursts right up the middle, horrible tackling, etc.

Even with the mistakes and turnovers, offense played well enough to win. They gave us the lead late in the 3rd, but the defense couldn't get the big stops.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/23/2010, 11:00 PM
Come on..........

We-TownSooner
10/23/2010, 11:00 PM
this is a message board ;)

Touche

cyclonesooner
10/23/2010, 11:02 PM
Playcalling not giving Landry much of a chance.

sooner94
10/23/2010, 11:02 PM
Landry needs more composure in the pocket. Maybe that will come with time. I had hoped he would be further along since he played almost the entire season last year. He's still learning though.

I don't think the D should take too much blame. Too many 3 and outs in the second half as usual by the O, and 2 turnovers in the red zone. Game could have been a lot different if Landry doesn't throw that pick when its 7 to 7. And after we went up 21-20, more 3 and outs.

Can't win em all. I didn't think we would win all 4 conference road games anyway with this team. Too young and Landry is still developing.

brainpimp
10/23/2010, 11:03 PM
Then who the hell is?

That game is about 3 bad turnovers.

A complete lack of any pass rush and a DC that would not call a blitz.

Madu is a great guy but he should not see the field again.

Finch is a game changer and needs more time.

I loved it with him and Demarco in at the same time.

Adrian Taylor is one hell of a fighter but my 90 y/o grandmother could chase him down. Watch on the goal line play he cannot plant on that foot at all.

We played D the whole night effectively with 10 men.

soonervet
10/23/2010, 11:03 PM
How about some more screens. Im so sick of playing like a pu**y finesse team.

OklahomaTuba
10/23/2010, 11:04 PM
This ones on the Defense, or lack thereof, not Landry. He did enough to win.

Why didn't we run more though?? Finch was gashing them when he was in. Wilson is way too conservative, he wasn't calling plays to win, Misery was.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:04 PM
Landry was one of the reasons why this remained close we had no run game what so ever besides Finch.

TXBOOMER
10/23/2010, 11:07 PM
LJ is good for what they ask him to do. Passes out to the flat etc. But please, nobody mention LJ and Heisman Trophy in the same sentence again!

Boomer38Sooner
10/23/2010, 11:07 PM
Finch was a gamer tonight. Much more effective than DeMarco... And Mossis with the fumble?! Come on..

But we'll rebound. We're are still OKLAHOMA. We can win out and have a great year. With all this craziness with everyone losing, we're not out of it completely.

IowaSooner26
10/23/2010, 11:08 PM

I still don't think everyone would be hanging from Landry's nuts. Hell there was a kickoff returned for a touchdown and two red zone turnovers. The defense did enough to win the game, the offense just made a few too many mistakes and it cost them. As Stoops said earlier this week, if Sam Bradford never happened people would be in love with Landry. Unfortunately for him Bradford did happen and he gets to take over.

sooner94
10/23/2010, 11:10 PM
Again, Landry may eventually be a great QB, but he's not there yet. He's great at home, and had a great first half against Texas this year.

But his limitations really show in road games. I thought he would be further along by now.

btb916
10/23/2010, 11:12 PM
Landry's play was a big reason for this loss. His pick in the first half just broke our backs. And then he threw another pick early in the third quarter deep in our own territory.

Listen. I try to be impartial about players. I don't have a personal problem or vendetta against Landry Jones. When he succeeds, I'm happy for him and as a fan. But I just have yet to see with mine own two eyes him make progress in the most important element of his game: composure when pressured. I don't see how more reps will help him. You're either composed or your not. He's not.

I hope he proves me wrong. But I keep thinking this, week in and week out, and there continues to be no change in this aspect of his game. So I'm a little pessimistic about him.

If anyone disagrees and can explain what they've seen w/r/t him improving this part of his game over the course of the year...please point it out.

Tear Down This Wall
10/23/2010, 11:14 PM
Okay so what else does Landry have to do?

Play on special teams so kickoffs don't get run back?

Kick field goals?

Play defense?

Make coaching decisions about two-point conversions, onside kicks, punting, and clock management?

I think there is plenty of blame to go around on this one. Landry is fine.

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 11:16 PM
Injuries seemed to sneak up on us as well. Broyles and Murray weren't 100% and Landry knowing that and the Line letting guys chase him all night probably didn't help. Having so many things go wrong when your on the road leads to things like we saw tonight.

I hope our guys can recover especially Quinton Carter.

agoo758
10/23/2010, 11:19 PM
I wonder how much it would cost us to get every game to be a home game next year.....including the CCG and NC

TXBOOMER
10/23/2010, 11:20 PM
If we run the table we will play Boise State or TCU in the Fiesta.

achiro
10/23/2010, 11:21 PM
I should start by saying that this is not a post loss rant. I've been saying the following for a while now. You may not agree but here 'goes.

Landry may be the future but he is just not a gamer. He just doesn't have that intangible that winners have to have. He does great as long as things are good but I can't think of a time when we were down and I just knew he would be able to get us through it. People keep blaming the play calling, it may be true but there have been several times when we are 3rd or even 4th and long and he ignores(misses) a wide open receiver and throws to the short route instead. Sometimes they turn and make it, others they don't. The young excuse doesn't fly, he's had plenty of time behind center.

I like Landry, he is a very good qb, I just don't know if he can get it done when it is placed on his shoulders and that's what a qb needs to be able to do. We'll see what happens, hopefully I'm really wrong on this.

manicsooner
This team still has all of it's goals ahead and a chance for an interesting rematch in the Big 12 Championship. It's 11:21 and i'm still proud to be a sooner!

sortiz1965
We lost this game because:

1. We could not put any D-line pressure on Gabbert. He had all day to throw. At one point, I thought I saw him munching on a Big Mac before completing yet another pass over the middle. Our D-line MUST PLAY BETTER.
2. We got away from Roy Finch in the second half. The guy is a DOMINATOR and needs to be fed the ball. When Demarco was out of the slot and Finch was running between the trenches, that was working great...

sooner94
10/23/2010, 11:22 PM
Okay so what else does Landry have to do?

Play on special teams so kickoff don't get run back?

Kick field goals?

Play defense?

Make coaching decisions about two-point conversions, onside kicks, punting, and clock management?

I think there is plenty of blame to go around on this one. Landry is fine.

I would like to see him stop making 3-4 really stupid plays every game. Both int's were on him. And he still stares down the receiver he's throwing to sometimes.

He's still young and developing. I was hoping he would be further along at this point, but remember he is following Bradford so that magnifies it.

Tear Down This Wall
10/23/2010, 11:24 PM
I didn't say he had no blame.

sooner94
10/23/2010, 11:24 PM
If we run the table we will play Boise State or TCU in the Fiesta.

I would love a rematch with Boise State. I think there is at least a fair chance of that happening.

PMKMDJ
10/23/2010, 11:26 PM
Landry does great 99% of the time, but watching him always makes me feel like something is going to happen...and not for the good.

silverwheels
10/23/2010, 11:27 PM
this thread = poop

tcrb
10/23/2010, 11:33 PM
Landry IS NOT the reason OU lost tonight! This is one dumb a** thread!

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:34 PM
Once again though, we suck on turf. Demarco has bad games on turf.

Leroy Lizard
10/23/2010, 11:41 PM
Playcalling not giving Landry much of a chance.

Playcalling looked fine when the players executed. And I mean players, as in plural.

Leroy Lizard
10/23/2010, 11:43 PM
Besides, would you rather be stuck with this dude?

http://www.40acressports.com/wp-images/garrett-gilbert-utep.jpg

olevetonahill
10/23/2010, 11:45 PM
No doubt, the defense was to blame for the loss. No pressure on the QB, middle open all night, 20 yd bursts right up the middle, horrible tackling, etc.

Even with the mistakes and turnovers, offense played well enough to win. They gave us the lead late in the 3rd, but the defense couldn't get the big stops.

No it wernt the D. we gave it up 3 times in the Red Zone . Score any one of those 3 and we win Hands down

rainiersooner
10/23/2010, 11:49 PM
No it wernt the D. we gave it up 3 times in the Red Zone . Score any one of those 3 and we win Hands down

Bingo.

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 11:50 PM
Once again though, we suck on turf. Demarco has bad games on turf.

I guess you can put it all on him even though Finch didn't seem to have much problem. I also guess the DM's stats wouldn't be what they are if all the games had been on turf. Then again...seeing him cut the **** out of his hand prior to kickoff really gave me an uneasy feeling especially with the tape all over Broyles ankle. Take two of your biggest playmakers and not 100% and take them to a hostile environment on the road at night in the rain and you just blame it on this and that....

Seriously...put the beer down.

We'll recover from this.

sooner94
10/23/2010, 11:52 PM

profound

GKeeper316
this loss is squarly on the shoulders of the d. ya giving up a touchdown on the opening kickoff is bad, but to just allow the over the middle pass to stay open all night long shows we didnt prep our lb or db corps. well enough at all, nor did we adjust for it at halftime.

rainiersooner
I guess you can put it all on him even though Finch didn't seem to have much problem. I also guess the DM's stats wouldn't be what they are if all the games had been on turf. Then again...seeing him cut the **** out of his hand prior to kickoff really gave me an uneasy feeling especially with the tape all over Broyles ankle. Take two of your biggest playmakers and not 100% and take them to a hostile environment on the road at night in the rain and you just blame it on this and that....

Seriously...put the beer down.

We'll recover from this.

From the tape on the ankle to the cut on the hand...to Missouri returning the opening kick off...I started to get that sinking feeling. Whatever, for the whole part, they fought back and made it a close game...look forward to replaying them in Dallas.

MamaMia
10/24/2010, 12:17 AM
Landry IS NOT the reason OU lost tonight! This is one dumb a** thread!Has he ever been the reason we won a game?

olevetonahill
10/24/2010, 12:20 AM
Has he ever been the reason we won a game?

Yes Mom he has .;)

tcrb
10/24/2010, 12:22 AM

Take away all the TD passes he's thrown and what would OUr record be?

agoo758
10/24/2010, 12:23 AM

:eek: :D

hudson15
10/24/2010, 12:24 AM
Besides, would you rather be stuck with this dude?

http://www.40acressports.com/wp-images/garrett-gilbert-utep.jpg

LOL, a small laugh to cheer me up. Gilbert is terrible.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/24/2010, 12:25 AM
Landry might have had a better night if our O-line would have blocked, um, anyone.

Or if our defense hadn't just let everyone run straight up the middle for 20 yards a pop.

This.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 12:38 AM
We possessed the ball 2:08 in the 4th quarter. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL F That!

gaylordfan1
10/24/2010, 12:41 AM
You guys are dumb...You are really dumb... for real homeboy!

oksoonerdave
10/24/2010, 12:43 AM
I wonder how much it would cost us to get every game to be a home game next year.....including the CCG and NC

This is funny as * now wants only away games. :)

MamaMia
10/24/2010, 12:44 AM
Hes scares me, even before the game starts. Its an uncomfortable feeling when my team has a quarterback that scares the bajeebus out of me. Its really that simple. :P

noobalicious
10/24/2010, 12:46 AM
You guys are dumb...You are really dumb... for real homeboy!

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/07/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 12:49 AM
it was just a matter of time till these threads start to show up

Idiots. Some of these meth heads need to just take a walk outside the double wide.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 01:18 AM
We possessed the ball 2:08 in the 4th quarter. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL F That!

Its called PANIC. We didn't run the ball for **** either. I find it funny now.

Squigglyline
10/24/2010, 08:06 AM

thank you. Our O line was phoning it in. HUGE gaps which allowed Mizzu defensive players right in. As for our defense... they weren't any better...

TUSooner
10/24/2010, 08:11 AM
I agree.
Once LJ graduates with a boatload of awards and victories and records, we will just HAVE to find someone else.
:rolleyes:

jkjsooner
10/24/2010, 08:49 AM
Jones can be very good at times but he still gets flustered to the point that our offense become ineffective for huge stretches. He is now an experienced QB and it's time he learns to handle the pressure.

Soonerus
10/24/2010, 10:01 AM
Not a winner...

getrdone
10/24/2010, 10:08 AM
You can blame it on whoever, but it comes to one place that determined the game: the trenches.....we were outplayed on the lines tonight...that was the problem..missouri won the los battle all night.

OUinFLA
10/24/2010, 10:20 AM
not reading this whole thread, so I may have missed if someone else said....

several times last night while watching LJ throw a pass, it was if he suddenly lost all arm strength and the ball was just "tossed" more than it was "thrown".

It led to a couple of knock downs that shouldn't have happend, and IMO the final interception that MU made. That ball traveled so slow as I watched it, I was thinking the safety would have time to close on that ball. Exagerting, of course. "Tossed" balls make it easy for the defense, I think.

Is the "bullet" not in his ability? Can the receivers not catch a line drive pass?

Twice this year that I can remember, a pass was thrown with a db in direct line with the receiver. How visible does a db have to be to decide not to throw the ball? A sack is preferable to an interception.

I agree that the OL didn't give him a lot of time last night, however, the qb has to be able to make instant decisions that are not a detriment to the drive.

Then there are other days when JL looks like a Heisman candidate. Last night was not one of them.

Ah, well, a lot of pressure is off now, and as someone else said, the Big XII championship game is within our grasp and a win there would make the season pretty sweet.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 10:25 AM
I agree.
Once LJ graduates with a boatload of awards and victories and records, we will just HAVE to find someone else.

LJ throws passes out to the flat as well as anyone in the country. When given time in the pocket he makes nice throws down field. He is a great QB while not under pressure. He is a below average QB under pressure. We need to get a lot better protecting him against above average teams. The only records I want to know about him getting as a QB in this system is how many Big 12 Titles he led us to and how many shots at a National Championship we had under his watch.

stoopified
10/24/2010, 12:25 PM
PFFFFFttt

Bxbysooner
7/26/2011, 10:19 AM
Good Call on this one!

En_Fuego
7/26/2011, 11:23 AM
:eek:

OUVarsityXV
7/26/2011, 11:25 AM
Good call....you jackass.

yankee
7/26/2011, 11:30 AM
I tried to neg the OP, but apparently I already negged him way back in October when he made the thread. :D

badger
7/26/2011, 11:45 AM
Your time is up, Landry's time is now
You can't see him, his time is now!
He's the franchise, boy he's shinin' now
You can't see him, his time is now!

In case you forgot or fell off Landry's still hot - knock your shell off
His money stack fat plus he can't turn the swell off
The franchise, doin' big bid'ness, he lives this
It's automatic he wins this - oh you hear those horns, you finished
A soldier, and he stays under you fightin'
Plus he's stormin' on you chumps like he's thunder and lightning
Ain't no way you breakin' him kid, he's harder than nails
Plus he keeps it on lock, like he's part of the jail
He's slaughtering stale, competition, he has the whole block wishing
they could run with our division but they gone fishing -
- with no bait, kid your boy hold weight
He has my soul straight, he brushes your mouth like Colgate
In any weather he's never better your boy's so hot
you'll never catch him in the next man's sweater
If they hate, let 'em hate, he'll drop ya whole clan
Lay yo' arse down for the three second tan

http://www.uslanmam.com/attachments/en-sevdikleriniz/7499d1259755445-john-cena-rap-resimleri-hqdefault-jpg
:D

LakeRat
7/26/2011, 12:00 PM
Really stupid comment . . . blah blah blah . . . followed by :pop:

= attention seeker.

picasso
7/26/2011, 12:08 PM
no. he is the present.

this

madillsoonerfan5353
7/26/2011, 02:11 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!:D

That is all!!

:gary:

SoonerofAlabama
7/26/2011, 02:13 PM
Hope he regrets this thread.

Soonerfan88
7/26/2011, 02:20 PM
I agree.

I was with you back when this was posted. So far I've already gotten 2 free lunches because he won a Big 12 championship. After this year, the cash bets will pay off. :D

starclassic tama
7/26/2011, 02:29 PM
Not a winner...

you must have missed that game where he was down 17-0 to nebraska and came back to win. or that one where he shook off 3 picks on the road at top 10 oklahoma state to win

Mad Dog Madsen
7/26/2011, 02:32 PM
He's right though! Blake Bell is the future!!! :D :rolleyes:

badger
7/26/2011, 02:33 PM
He's right though! Blake Bell is the future!!! :D :rolleyes:

Or is it Drew Allen?

85sooners
7/26/2011, 03:52 PM
:gary:

goingoneight
7/26/2011, 10:54 PM
I always wonder how miserable these peoples' lives are that they immediately pick a random scapegoat for a loss. 99/100, they're wrong. Landry's play last year was the biggest reason we weren't... well... 5-7. Unpredictable running game, up-and-down defensive performances and loads of inexperienced freshmen out there who needed a QB to lead them to title contention. Some of the stuff in this thread is ridiculous. "He's not a winner" is about the biggest cliche joke of them all.

SoonerofAlabama
7/26/2011, 11:44 PM
I always wonder how miserable these peoples' lives are that they immediately pick a random scapegoat for a loss. 99/100, they're wrong. Landry's play last year was the biggest reason we weren't... well... 5-7. Unpredictable running game, up-and-down defensive performances and loads of inexperienced freshmen out there who needed a QB to lead them to title contention. Some of the stuff in this thread is ridiculous. "He's not a winner" is about the biggest cliche joke of them all.

I think some people just try and say these things so that they can say "I told ya so" to the people who had faith in the talent our coaches put on the field.

SoonerofAlabama
7/27/2011, 12:36 AM
And this was because of one loss to Missouri. Ridiculous.

LASooner
7/27/2011, 02:15 AM
Landry's not the Future, he's the Quarterback. I don't lie. Check the depth chart.

Tear Down This Wall
9/23/2011, 12:33 PM
Back To The Future: Landry vs. Mizzou 2

Hard to believe some people wanted to pull the plug on Landry after last year's Mizzou game.

badger
9/23/2011, 12:37 PM
LJ will have to graduate or go pro eventually, so yes, he is not the future, he is the NOW :D

(and yes, I know this is a 2010 recycled thread, but it's still fun)

sooneredaco
9/23/2011, 12:44 PM
Back To The Future: Landry vs. Mizzou 2

Hard to believe some people wanted to pull the plug on Landry after last year's Mizzou game.

It's not hard to believe. Have you seen some of the ridiculous posts on here as of late?

Keller Sooner
9/23/2011, 12:44 PM
He's the present.

dennis580
9/23/2011, 01:22 PM
Landry Jones is the 2nd greatest QB to ever play at Oklahoma, and yes he has a chance to be the greatest ever as he has another year of eligibility after this.

SoonerTerry
9/23/2011, 01:34 PM
Career Passing Records

RK
Player
Seasons
Yards
Cmp
Att
TD
Int
Cmp%
Effcy

Landry Jones
2008-11

Sam Bradford
2006-09

Jason White
1999-04

Josh Heupel
1999-00

Darrell Royal
1946-49

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/recordbook/player/pass_career.cfm

Okie35
9/23/2011, 03:03 PM
CLUTCH, that is all.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/23/2011, 03:08 PM
CLUTCH, that is all.

Then SHIFT. Then RELEASE CLUTCH while simultaneously pressing ACCELERATOR.

King Fuzzy
9/23/2011, 03:27 PM
http://thelifeofjwo.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mouthbreathing2.jpg

stoopified
9/23/2011, 03:43 PM
Who is this Laundry dude?

C&CDean
9/23/2011, 06:25 PM
Exhibit A, your honor, of why some people need to be lobotomized at birth.

What's funny is if we even win a close one we'll see a buttload of these same underbite having retardic nimrods popping up.

OUInformant
9/23/2011, 06:32 PM
that is all.:pop:

I agree, Landry is not the future. He will probably be in the NFL next year.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/23/2011, 06:53 PM
He is not the future. In fact...he will be gone after this year because thats the best time for a Heisman Candidate /National Championship QB to enter the NFL draft POW!!!!!

SoonerKnight
9/23/2011, 08:32 PM
LJ is the best QB we have playing right now!

okiedokie
9/23/2011, 10:05 PM
Landry still makes me crazy some times but glad he is able to run the offense. I can't ask any more than that :)

VA Sooner
9/23/2011, 10:32 PM
How things have changed so quickly....

Soonermagik
9/24/2011, 08:24 AM
Lol too funny. He has now passed Bradford in yards. He has won every bowl game he has played in. This just goes to show you we have to let guys mature before we can make a judgment.

LVSOONER15
9/24/2011, 08:35 AM
Lol too funny. He has now passed Bradford in yards. He has won every bowl game he has played in. This just goes to show you we have to let guys mature before we can make a judgment.

You got that right. And there are still people here that will throw him under the bus.

Spray
9/24/2011, 09:47 AM
It wasn't just the OP- this whole thread was full of dumbass and impatience.

But, the one thing that gets people going is the "28" in those stats above, as in 28 picks. Bradford wad 88-16, TD to INT. Landry is 66-28.

I'll take it- but I'm easy to please.

King Crimson
9/24/2011, 09:51 AM
landry is closer to nate hybl than sam or heupel. he's not 3rd down money like Jason White. but look at who we are comparing to. 2 heisman winners and the best player in college football in 00. that's my boys trophy. we are gonna take it back.

Landry has some demons for bad decision i think, but he's better than Jake Stills and Pat Fletcher (love those guys, no disrespect).

D and run game will win it for us this year.