PDA

View Full Version : To all the Tiger fans:

jadubya
10/23/2010, 10:20 PM
I am officially eating crow.

Great game by your team. I am impressed with your squad.

On the other hand, OU played a perfect game to lose on the road: (1) give up big plays on special teams (2) fail to tackle (3) turn the ball over in the red zone (4) miss scoring opportunities.

Mix in a horrible reversal on the fumble that was overturned....and BAM...you have a great road loss.

In short, our defense sucks. I have never seen a worse tackling Sooner team in my life.

Best of luck to you the rest of the way. Beat Nebraska....and hopefully we see you in the Big 12 championship.

Quinton Carter....you can't graduate fast enough.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2010, 10:37 PM
Congrats Mizzou. See you in Dallas in the rematch.

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 10:42 PM

Agreed.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/23/2010, 11:04 PM
Yep, see you in Dallas boys. Good luck with the rest of the season.

SoonerMarkVA
10/23/2010, 11:04 PM
Mizzou tonight was clearly superior in the trenches, on both sides, and they played aggressively and to win. We did our usual road fold, but Mizzou capitalized. They deserve credit for the win.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks, fellas. Very classy, especially compared to most of the stuff I read here this week.

Here's what I noticed tonight. I think OU was still the bigger, faster team, but for whatever reason, they were much sloppier. I think some of that starts with the QB but there were miscues all over the field. I can confidently say that our D caused a lot of that but, in the end, it basically boiled down to the fact that we weren't intimidated anymore.

Don't know what this means (if anything) for the long term Big 12, but as a fan-base and as a team, this game had a much different feel.

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 11:10 PM
Mizzou tonight was clearly superior in the trenches, on both sides, and they played aggressively and to win. We did our usual road fold, but Mizzou capitalized. They deserve credit for the win.

The thing that surprised me is that they either have a lot in their reserves or they really tapped that Home Field advantage because I never figured they could keep their intensity going for 4 quarters. They some how kept enough in the tank to take advantage of our mistakes. I hope they keep it up I'd like to knock them off in Dallas and show them why it's tough to be King.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/23/2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks, fellas. Very classy, especially compared to most of the stuff I read here this week.

Here's what I noticed tonight. I think OU was still the bigger, faster team, but for whatever reason, they were much sloppier. I think some of that starts with the QB but there were miscues all over the field. I can confidently say that our D caused a lot of that but, in the end, it basically boiled down to the fact that we weren't intimidated anymore.

Don't know what this means (if anything) for the long term Big 12, but as a fan-base and as a team, this game had a much different feel.

I think that kickoff return had a lot to do with the confidence ;) Hopefully that doesnt happen in December!!!

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:13 PM
Well, I aint eating crow...no need too.

Missouri played good enough to win while OU played their second worst game of the season.

Take the 3 turnovers away, the score woudl ahve been at least 48-25.

But it is part of the game...and no, it wasnt the defense. Jones flat out threw two of the picks right to the defender.

Good luck and remain unbeaten so we can beat the #1 team in the Big 12 Championship again!

BOOMER!

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:20 PM

Missouri played good enough to win while OU played their second worst game of the season.

But it is part of the game...and no, it wasnt the defense. Jones flat out threw two of the picks right to the defender.

Good luck and remain unbeaten so we can beat the #1 team in the Big 12 Championship again!

BOOMER!

Give the D some credit. I hear this from our own fans and it is BS. Either the D was good or your players suck. It's one or the other. And I don't remember anyone saying your players sucked before the game.

I'm not gloating in the least bit. It was a great game and I hope we get to play you again.

jadubya
10/23/2010, 11:22 PM
/\ That logic doesn't hold water. Mizzou had a turnover that we scored on as well. The only "gimme" turnover was the last one by Landry. Madu was stripped and the first Landry pic.....while an ill advised throw....was still an athletic play by the DE for Mizzou.

Our tackling is what lost this game. We moved the ball just fine on Mizzou all night long.

The Tigers had NO REASON to think about history....because they set the tone early and we pissed down our leg with turnovers and missed field goals. Their defense played well and ours played horrible.

They have a better team than we do.....tonight.

jadubya
10/23/2010, 11:23 PM
/\ that was directed to Sooner 75....not the Tiger fan.

bringit
10/23/2010, 11:26 PM
It was a great game and I hope we get to play you again.

Do you really? Why?

MyT Oklahoma
Too many of our players sucked tonight. We are at least a two touchdown better team than Mizzou which we will prove in Dallas. If we don't then I will eat some crow.

Nobody feels worse right now than our players so everybody go easy on them unless of course you walk on water.

OU_Sooners75
Give the D some credit. I hear this from our own fans and it is BS. Either the D was good or your players suck. It's one or the other. And I don't remember anyone saying your players sucked before the game.

I'm not gloating in the least bit. It was a great game and I hope we get to play you again.

I would, had it not been for the fact that OU turned the ball over 3 times in the redzone. Twice inside the 10.

Then OU misses a fg.

Missouri's defense benefitted for the TOs, but it wasnt like they actually pressured Jones to cause them, or even tipped the ball to cause them. Jones flat out threw them to the defender.

Jones never looked off his target. He set his eyes on his target well before he threw to him.

Missouris Defense gave up a ton of points and yards. Yoru defense did not impress me at all. Put that game in a neutral field or even in Norman, OU wins 10 out of 10.

Missouri probably played their best game of the decade while OU played their second worst game of the season.

Like I said, good game. Take the win and good luck the rest of the season. Please remain undefeated and dont lay an egg against Nebraska next week. I want OU to face Missouri in Dallas for the trophy...and if Missouri is #1, that will make it even sweeter!

Take the win and go back to tiger country. Be glad the football gods are frowning on the #1 teams this year!

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:27 PM
Do you really? Why?

Because I am tired of being scared of OU and UT. Tonight was pretty cathartic.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/23/2010, 11:28 PM
http://visitorqueue.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/hat_tip.gif

Unfrozen Caveman Sooner
10/23/2010, 11:30 PM
All comes down to making plays and Mizzou capitalized on the biggest plays of the night. Hope we can win out and you guys send nebby off to the b10 with a big case of the butt hurts and we can play again. Congrats to you guys.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:31 PM

Good win but you shouldn't want to play us again out of Columbia. Just my 2 cents.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:32 PM
/\ that was directed to Sooner 75....not the Tiger fan.

It isnt athletic to jump a couple inches into the air with the ball thrown right at you...OU was going in to take the lead 14-7, instead it led to a 14-7 lead for Misery.

The next one was not a strip. Madu got hit and the ball popped out. OU was going in. Cant remember if Missouri scored on the following possession.

Add a missed FG, that is a total of 24 point swing.

The last TO led to a TD for Misery. We werent in the redzone then, but it led to a Misery TD.

So that is a total of a 31 point turn around. Meaning OU missed out on 17 points and Misery gained 14.

That is a huge difference in the game score.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:32 PM
Don't worry. As much as you have hurt us over the last couple of years, we hate Nebraska far more than we could EVER hate OU.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:33 PM
It isnt athletic to jump a couple inches into the air with the ball thrown right at you...OU was going in to take the lead 14-7, instead it led to a 14-7 lead for Misery.

The next one was not a strip. Madu got hit and the ball popped out. OU was going in. Cant remember if Missouri scored on the following possession.

Add a missed FG, that is a total of 24 point swing.

The last TO led to a TD for Misery. We werent in the redzone then, but it led to a Misery TD.

So that is a total of a 31 point turn around. Meaning OU missed out on 17 points and Misery gained 14.

That is a huge difference in the game score.

You're rationalizing. I get it, everybody does it. But, what you're really saying is that your players are not as good as ours. If we didn't cause any of that, then get better players.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick. But this is a ridiculous argument.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/23/2010, 11:34 PM
Don't worry. As much as you have hurt us over the last couple of years, we hate Nebraska far more than we could EVER hate OU.

I sincerely hope you send those ***sies to the big ten on their knees and make it to the Big 12 Championship to see us once again. I am sure that your reasonable fan base would rather not see us again. AND I am going to Neg you, dont take it personally, or do, whatever.....

StoopTroup
You're rationalizing. I get it, everybody does it. But, what you're really saying is that your players are not as good as ours. If we didn't cause any of that, then get better players.

Isn't it about time for you to ****OFF DIP****!

Iam4OUru

BOOMER!

This sounds just like an LSU homer. Give the Tiger fan props for his team. Zou came to play and they did just that. They beat OU on both sides of the ball. If I had to pick a team for us to lose to....it would be Gary Pinkel. Congrats, Tiger fans....you earned it.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:37 PM

I am not rationalizing anything. Missouri won, I tip my hat to them. But OU left at least 17 points on the field that ledt to at least 14 for Misery. And that is a fact.

It is not an excuse or me trying to justify a loss. OU loses at least one game every year it seems that they shouldnt lose. I am used to that. But our youth really showed up tonight, and our coaching staff did not make it any better.

Good game, now go back to the **** on me state and have a party for your first win over OU in 12 years!

Hopefully both OU and Missouri can win out so we can face in Dallas.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:39 PM
This sounds just like an LSU homer. Give the Tiger fan props for his team. Zou came to play and they did just that. They beat OU on both sides of the ball. If I had to pick a team for us to lose to....it would be Gary Pinkel. Congrats, Tiger fans....you earned it.

First of all, noob, It was not directed to the Tiger fan.

Second of all, it is flat out fact.

OU lost, nothing will change that, our youth and ****ty coaching showed up tonight.

OU will go on to win the Big 12.

But when it comes to some dude trying to convince me their defense is good, well, it was good enough to win, but nothing special and not even close to the best we seen this year.

getrdone
10/23/2010, 11:42 PM
congrats to the tigers, they outplayed us and basically kicked our ***. but i will say this....you still have never won a big 12 title, never played in a bcs game...and this was the signature win for your entire program from day one...you beat the number one ranked team when we played terrible...goes to show a lot about your program

I am still proud to be a sooner...always have and always will be

but i am frustrated at how bad we played and how we never seemed to made a defensive adjustment to trips..and

how come we never seemed to get under center in the I and pound their *** with the run and eat clock once we figured out we couldn't stop them when they went empty

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 11:43 PM

Funny how a loaded Home game like tonight suddenly gives you confidence.

That's funnier than ****.....LMFAO.

Welcome to the bigtime.....lol

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:44 PM
But when it comes to some dude trying to convince me their defense is good, well, it was good enough to win, but nothing special and not even close to the best we seen this year.

What more proof do you need? Herbie and Musberger talked all night about how we gave up a lot of yards but had the best red-zone D in the country. It proved itself again, tonight. At some point, it is no longer coincidence.

Look, I'm not saying we are the 85 Bears, but how many game of consistent performance is it going to take before people believe?

Iam4OUru
10/23/2010, 11:45 PM
First of all, noob, It was not directed to the Tiger fan.

Second of all, it is flat out fact.

OU lost, nothing will change that, our youth and ****ty coaching showed up tonight.

OU will go on to win the Big 12.

I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything. Their defense was certainly good enough to give us OUr only loss. I hope yOU're right, however, that we win the Big XII.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/23/2010, 11:45 PM
Funny how a loaded Home game like tonight suddenly gives you confidence.

That's funnier than ****.....LMFAO.

Welcome to the bigtime.....lol

haha let them revel in the glory of one game. When all is said and done, we will see how many Misery fans are here talking about their BCS bowl game.

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:46 PM
congrats to the tigers, they outplayed us and basically kicked our ***. but i will say this....you still have never won a big 12 title, never played in a bcs game...and this was the signature win for your entire program from day one...you beat the number one ranked team when we played terrible...goes to show a lot about your program

Ok. I won't be happy about it.

This is retarded. How are you ever supposed to get over the hump?

No, we are not OU or UT. Does that make you feel better? That's what we aspire to be and this is one step in that direction. Yeah, not gonna feel bad about that.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2010, 11:46 PM
We will win any rematch. No Mizzou fan in his or her right mind wants to see us again in Dallas and that is exactly what will happen.

Enjoy your win tonight. You earned it. You won. But don't get delusional.

We are a better team and we will own you in the rematch.

Flying Scotsman
10/23/2010, 11:47 PM
I predict next week Nebraska will beat Missouri.

'Nuff Said.

OU_Sooners75
What more proof do you need? Herbie and Musberger talked all night about how we gave up a lot of yards but had the best red-zone D in the country. It proved itself again, tonight. At some point, it is no longer coincidence.

Look, I'm not saying we are the 85 Bears, but how many game of consistent performance is it going to take before people believe?

And if not for 2 TOs inside the 10, OU would have put up 14 more points. Add a chip FG make instead of a miss then that is 17.

Yeah, OU shot themselves in the foot more than Missouri beat them in the redzone. And even Mus and Herbie both mentioned that toward the end of the game.

So whatever makes you feel better. I guarantee you, and Ill make a sig bet or something. If OU and Misery meet in Dallas. OU runs away with the title!

Good luck the rest of the season and enjoy the win, Misery did earn it.

Crucifax Autumn
Ok...

You're Boise State. Even your coaches agree based on that one play.

Either way, you won. For now.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:48 PM
I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything. Their defense was certainly good enough to give us OUr only loss. I hope yOU're right, however, that we win the Big XII.

And again brainiac, I am not talking about you.

Read much?

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:48 PM
We will win any rematch. No Mizzou fan in his or her right mind wants to see us again in Dallas and that is exactly what will happen.

Enjoy your win tonight. You earned it. You won. But don't get delusional.

We are a better team and we will own you in the rematch.

I never said I expected to win. I didn't expect to win tonight.

My point is that, if we want to get to where we want to be, we can't shy away from these games.

What makes you think you'd "own us in the rematch"? I heard a lot of that same talk this week.

soonergirlNeugene
10/23/2010, 11:49 PM
Great game Tigers. Your entire O-line to me was the real standout from this game. Now go build a North division championship!

Collier11
10/23/2010, 11:50 PM
we made a ton of stupid mistakes and Mizzou took advantage. Mizzou was the better team tonight, end of story. Congrats

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:50 PM
Ok...

You're Boise State. Even your coaches agree based on that one play.

Either way, you won. For now.

It was just one first down.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:51 PM
I've over it but it will be crazy if we're still ahead of Missouri in the BCS. The BCS is weird.

Collier11
10/23/2010, 11:51 PM
No chance

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:52 PM
I never said I expected to win. I didn't expect to win tonight.

My point is that, if we want to get to where we want to be, we can't shy away from these games.

What makes you think you'd "own us in the rematch"? I heard a lot of that same talk this week.

1. It wont be in Columbia.
2. OU does not lose to the same team 2 times in the same season. :)
3. We will have the best Big 12 officiating crew, not the one that turned a blind eye to some very obvious holding calls and hands to the face early in the game.
4. OU will want it more! Missouri will go in thinking they beat OU once and they can do it again!

TigerNuts
10/23/2010, 11:52 PM
I've over it but it will be crazy if we're still ahead of Missouri in the BCS. The BCS is weird.

You should be, give where we both started the night. I don't for a minute think we've "arrived". It was a great win, but a LOT of work left to do.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:53 PM
You should be, give where we both started the night. I don't for a minute think we've "arrived". It was a great win, but a LOT of work left to do.

I think if anything we'll be right behind you but a few others lost too so I don't know.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2010, 11:54 PM

We wont be. A loss in the computers really hurts!

We will still be Top 10 though...or should be.

We should drop to about 8 or 9 and Missouri will jump to prolly 6 or 7.

Okie35
10/23/2010, 11:55 PM
We wont be. A loss in the computers really hurts!

We will still be Top 10 though...or should be.

We should drop to about 8 or 9 and Missouri will jump to prolly 6 or 7.

Yea I think we'll be right behind them.

CrimsonJim
10/23/2010, 11:58 PM

This ^^^

Congratulations on a well earned victory. Best of luck the rest of the season.

soonergirlNeugene
10/24/2010, 12:25 AM
I figure we'll be closer to the top 15. It's kinda rare for the voters to be forgiving after a loss, even to another highly ranked team.

TigerMatt
10/24/2010, 02:40 AM
And if not for 2 TOs inside the 10, OU would have put up 14 more points. Add a chip FG make instead of a miss then that is 17.

Yeah, OU shot themselves in the foot more than Missouri beat them in the redzone. And even Mus and Herbie both mentioned that toward the end of the game.

So whatever makes you feel better. I guarantee you, and Ill make a sig bet or something. If OU and Misery meet in Dallas. OU runs away with the title!

Good luck the rest of the season and enjoy the win, Misery did earn it.

Look who must have been drinking too much again tonight.

Face it, Missouri is better in the trenches than OU. Missouri didn't have a single 3 and out tonight. Missouri controlled the clock 21 1/2 minutes of the second half and over 38 minutes total in the game. Missouri outgained OU 287-101 in the second half and 486-402 overall. Missouri had more passing yards 308 vs 303 and rushing yards 178 vs 99. Missouri averaged more yards per pass and more yards per rush. Oklahoma didn't complete a single pass in the 4th quarter.

Missouri had two turnovers and gave up a crazy 77 yard kickoff return and followed that up with shooting ourselves in the foot to get you guys to the 2 yard line without running a single play. Missouri also was sloppy with some handoffs including a couple inside the OU 5 yard line that resulted in field goals instead of TDs. Missouri also had more penalties than OU.

That was not Missouri's best effort execution wise.

You made guarantees all week leading up to this game. Your guarantees are meaningless.

SoonerNate
10/24/2010, 02:45 AM
LMFAO

This must be like winning the Super Bowl for Missouri fans.

Again, see you in Dallas.

TigerMatt
10/24/2010, 03:17 AM
LMFAO

This must be like winning the Super Bowl for Missouri fans.

Again, see you in Dallas.

Great win, but in every statistical category OU was beaten tonight by MU. But I'm reading a lot of sour grapes here tonight.

It was a twice in 21 games win for Missouri. Games like this happen. Sometimes for one magical season, one of the lower rung teams can be better than the traditional powers.

sendbaht
10/24/2010, 05:30 AM
Yes Tiger fans I can say, well done. I hope we get yo play you again this year.

TahoeSOONER
10/24/2010, 07:00 AM
Good game tigers. Cya in Dallas!

Sooner70
10/24/2010, 07:03 AM
A Great win for the Tigers & it takes a good team to take full advantage of another team's mistakes. Mizzou did.

Gabbert had all day back there. Mizzou had the ball 17 minutes more possession than OU. That's over a whole quarter the Tigers had to play than the Sooners. That's hard to overcome. MU's O-Line did a great job all night. They had a really good game plan.

In spite of all that, OU had a chance to win this game. For the life of me, I still cannot understand why OU cannot recruit a credible FG kicker. Here goes Stevens missing a chip shot. That's totally unacceptable for a supposed big time program. Stoops & Co. need to get their act together on this and also do something to bolster D-Line play.

At least it seems our boys were trying to the end. Man, you ought to hear the tongue lashing the Longhorns are getting down this way on getting beat by ISU. Even Mack Brown is disgusted with his lackadasical team.

It's gonna be tough for the Sooners to win the B12 S., but here's to hoping they do & we get a rematch with the Tigers. I'd be honored to play them again and this time put the best Sooner foot forward.

VA Sooner
10/24/2010, 07:08 AM
Reversal of fortune will be during the Big 12 CCG.

OU was sloppy and the lines were weak. Bad when the safeties have to cheat up to help plug the middle and then can't decide to cover close or deep and leave the middle wide open.

Landry was getting flustered and no protection... which led to him becoming more and more locked on his primary target to get rid of the ball quicker and quicker before getting mauled. As the game went on, he was getting more and more skittish and our o-line became more and more like a seive, be it fatigue or frustration or more likely both.

Good game plan by Mizzou, well-executed and included a few gadget plays (damn I hate the hook and lateral plays). Our boys will go back to practice and get ready for Colorado.

We'll be back and hopefully a cleaner game in terms of turnovers.

oumom2many
10/24/2010, 08:27 AM
A Great win for the Tigers & it takes a good team to take full advantage of another team's mistakes. Mizzou did.

Gabbert had all day back there. Mizzou had the ball 17 minutes more possession than OU. That's over a whole quarter the Tigers had to play than the Sooners. That's hard to overcome. MU's O-Line did a great job all night. They had a really good game plan.

In spite of all that, OU had a chance to win this game. For the life of me, I still cannot understand why OU cannot recruit a credible FG kicker. Here goes Stevens missing a chip shot. That's totally unacceptable for a supposed big time program. Stoops & Co. need to get their act together on this and also do something to bolster D-Line play.
It's gonna be tough for the Sooners to win the B12 S., but here's to hoping they do & we get a rematch with the Tigers. I'd be honored to play them again and this time put the best Sooner foot forward.

Congrats and hats off to Mizzou! From where I sat, the Tigers were incredibly strong and buckled down in the trenches. One thing I haven't heard much talk of, is how difficult it is to play in a stadium that is 98% opposing team fans. Faurot Field was electric and "Gold Out" last night, for that matter, the little college town of Columbia was blazin' hot. Hope to see our Sooners play this in Dallas where Crimson is overflowing in Dec. ;)

oumom2many
10/24/2010, 08:38 AM
I meant to agree w/ Sooner 70 about the kicker. Our team is sharp except kicking and it sucks. :(

Geez, this year will be remembered for all of the missed attempts and fails and how the hell did this happen???