PDA

View Full Version : Does the UTerus loss hurt us...?

SoonerNate
10/23/2010, 04:21 PM
...in the computers?

:confused:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2010, 04:22 PM
Yes.

Sooner_Tuf
10/23/2010, 04:22 PM
Not really, we beat ISU so one of our teams lost but another wins. It is a wash.

Collier11
10/23/2010, 04:23 PM
probably but until we get to the final cpl of weeks there is no use stressing, a ton of teams will lose between now and then

Collier11
10/23/2010, 04:23 PM
Not really, we beat ISU so one of our teams lost but another wins. It is a wash.

LOL

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 04:29 PM
The only place it can really hurt us are the computers that look at "current rank" as opposed to "rank when played". Other than that it's pretty much a wash in the computers SOS.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2010, 04:29 PM

Not it's not. With texass losing, there's no way in the universe that they sniff the top 25 again. Even with beating texass, there's no way Iowa State breaks into the top 25. So with this scenario, even with wins over texass AND Iowa State, our collective strength of schedule decreases because a 3-4 team just turned a top 25, 4-2 team into an unranked, disrespected 4-3 team.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, but some of the computers only look at rank when played as I said above.

GottaHavePride
10/23/2010, 04:32 PM
Not it's not. With texass losing, there's no way in the universe that they sniff the top 25 again. Even with beating texass, there's no way Iowa State breaks into the top 25. So with this scenario, even with wins over texass AND Iowa State, our collective strength of schedule decreases because a 3-4 team just turned a top 25, 4-2 team into an unranked, disrespected 4-3 team.

I think most of them calculate strength of schedule based on the total of your opponents' wins and losses. So either texas picks up a win and ISU gets a loss or vice-versa. It comes out exactly the same in the math.

TXBOOMER
10/23/2010, 04:33 PM
Way too many games to worry about it folks. If we win out we will be okay. F texass!

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/23/2010, 04:33 PM
The only place it can really hurt us are the computers that look at "current rank" as opposed to "rank when played". Other than that it's pretty much a wash in the computers SOS.

So some of the computers look at ranked games differently?

Are some of them still running Vista?

My Opinion Matters
10/23/2010, 04:34 PM
I think most of them calculate strength of schedule based on the total of your opponents' wins and losses. So either texas picks up a win and ISU gets a loss or vice-versa. It comes out exactly the same in the math.

This, obviously.

yankee
10/23/2010, 04:35 PM
not if we keep winning. let's just forget SOS and focus on the game tonight. focus guys. this is big. i need your 100% undivided attention, and together, we'll win tonight.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 04:36 PM
So some of the computers look at ranked games differently?

Are some of them still running Vista?

Yes. Each of the computers included in the rankings is based on a completely different alorithm. Some of these consider how the opponent was doing at the time the game happened. Some of them look at how good the opponent turns out to be. There is an argument for both ways of looking at it, so both seem to be covered in the choices the BCS made in which computers to include.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2010, 04:37 PM
Who gives a rat azz about a few computer points. Football is an entertainment product and I am currently entertained; hope it continues this evening.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 04:37 PM
And yes...The differences are why the azzhats on espn never fully understand or explain and the sole reason this thread even exists.

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 04:38 PM
Who gives a rat azz about a few computer points. Football is an entertainment product and I am currently entertained; hope it continues this evening.

Personally I find all the "side games" to be more entertaining thanks to all this bcs stuff. Gives us more to jabber about all week too.

soonercastor
10/23/2010, 04:40 PM
YES IT DOES. But seriously we will overcome it with the humans so keep doing this

http://images.covers.com/covers/emoticons/an_laugh.gifHook 'em

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 04:42 PM
*sigh*

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2010, 04:43 PM
Personally I find all the "side games" to be more entertaining thanks to all this bcs stuff. Gives us more to jabber about all week too.

Couldn't agree more and I can watch other games fully relaxed while having a brew. If it goes the way I like great, if not , no biggee. It's not like watching my Sooners where I tend to get more involved. ;)