PDA

View Full Version : Why Indian democracy works better...

prrriiide
10/22/2010, 05:39 PM
they'll elect a guy with this name:

Sandeep Dikshi t quit OC ‘months ago’

Nagendar Sharma and Aurangzeb Naqshbandi (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Search/search.aspx?q=Nagendar%20Sharma%20and%20Aurangzeb% 20Naqshbandi&op=Story), Hindustan Times
Email Author
New Delhi, October 22, 2010
First Published: 23:46 IST(22/10/2010)
Last Updated: 01:13 IST(23/10/2010)

Sandeep Dik****, the Congress MP from East Delhi and son of chief minister Sheila Dik****, had quit the Common-wealth Games Organising Committee earlier this year. The fact came to light recently during investigations into the alleged irregularities by the OC. The member of Parliament, in whose constituency the controversial Games Village was constructed, confirmed he left the OC long before it was surrounded by controversies.

“Yes, I had resigned from the OC many months back and there is nothing secretive about it. I don’t even remember the date now,” Sandeep told HT.
He said there was no particular reason behind his decision. “I just felt there was no use in being a useless appendage, as no work was assigned to me,” he explained.
Gotta admire his attitude, tho...wish more of our bureaucrats (especially members of congress and their staffers) would take the same course of action...

Chuck Bao
10/22/2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, I remember giggling uncontrollably when my company's Japanese stock market analyst wrote that Noboru Take****a would become the next prime minister of Japan. Take****a did become prime minister and later I felt pretty much ashamed.

This is only a guess here, but I wonder if a lot of Americans, especially those from small towns still judge people by their last name. I remember as a kid when a few people said that they wouldn't vote for any politician whose last name ended in a vowel. At that time, I suppose there was still prejudice of immigrants from southern Europe as opposed to northern Europe.

Edited to add: Now that's a pity that a former Japanese prime minister gets part of his name *ed out. ;)

picasso
10/22/2010, 08:16 PM
Tribal politics are the worst out there. You stab my back I'll stab your back.

Collier11
10/22/2010, 08:20 PM
Its Native American you racist

XingTheRubicon
10/24/2010, 04:36 PM
2 dogs f*cking

pphilfran
10/25/2010, 12:36 PM
Tribal politics are the worst out there. You stab my back I'll stab your back.

Wrong Indians...

Veritas
10/25/2010, 12:40 PM
Paneer, not pemmican.

:ducks: