PDA

View Full Version : Elementary cheerleaders kicked off squads for not shaking booty

oklaclarinet
10/22/2010, 09:06 AM
I hadn't seen this here yet and I was wondering what the good citizens of the South Oval thought. Two recent cases of young girls being kicked off cheerleading squads for not wanting to do a cheer involving "shaking the booty." One girl is 6, the other is 11.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/11-year-old-Nebraska-cheerleader-kicked-off-squad-for-not-shaking-booty-102010

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/year-kicked-off-cheerleading-squad-mom-questions-suggestive/story?id=11662300

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39785856/ns/sports-other_sports/

In the case of the 6-year old, the mother was uncomfortable with the cheer and asked if the cheer could be changed. The other parents then voted to kick her daughter off the squad. With the 11-year old, the girl herself was uncomfortable with the cheer. She has been quoted as saying she didn't like the idea of people staring at her butt. When she refused to do the cheer, the coach kicked her off.

In the case of the 11-year old, I can definitely see where a girl that age would start to understand the cheer differently than the younger girls on her squad, and thus be uncomfortable with the cheer. With the younger girl, the girl is most likely just being punished because the parents complained.

Frozen Sooner
10/22/2010, 09:12 AM
And with both, every parent who didn't complain once they knew what was going on should be horsewhipped.

YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT SEXUAL OBJECTS

Veritas
10/22/2010, 09:14 AM
And with both, every parent who didn't complain once they knew what was going on should be horsewhipped.

YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT SEXUAL OBJECTS
At least not until they're 18.

MR2-Sooner86
10/22/2010, 09:38 AM
I find it funny that parents and other people have no problem with this or letting their 7 year old daughter wear shorts with "juicy" on the butt yet turn around and say all pedophiles should get the death penalty. Aren't you kind of...adding to the problem?

TUSooner
10/22/2010, 09:40 AM
Read posts 2 and 3 and 4 again.

Ike
10/22/2010, 09:45 AM
Jeebus Christopherson. Good for these kids and their parents for standing up for them.

I'm not surprised at the result though. We as a society have become quite adept at ostracizing people (and their kids) for not going along with the group. Sad. But thats how it is.

TUSooner
10/22/2010, 10:18 AM
The early sexualization of little girls should be very disturbing. That it is not, is itself very disturbing. Cheers to the parents for having the courage to get booted off rather than go along.

I probably would have gone along without even thinking too much about it. :) But fortunately, my girls played sports (and went to a wonderful, very old Catholic school), so there was basically no exposure to that sort of sexualization.

3rdgensooner
10/22/2010, 10:19 AM
Where do these states fall on the teenage pregnancy rankings

MR2-Sooner86
10/22/2010, 10:26 AM
fortunately, my girls went to a wonderful, very old Catholic school, so there was basically no exposure to that sort of sexualization.

That's good. Those uniforms they make them wear are ugly and leave so much to the imagination.

http://images.madeinchina.com/111/918111_0/Sexy-Catholic-School-Girl-Costume_918111_0.jpg

yermom
10/22/2010, 10:27 AM
heh. i was just about to go there.

tator
10/22/2010, 10:37 AM
Ya I can't stand those ugly catholic school uniforms

I love them

TUSooner
10/22/2010, 10:49 AM
This thread is swirling down the toilet, and you guys are sick (in a bad & creepy way). <shakes head sadly>

:P

Leroy Lizard
10/22/2010, 10:53 AM
"But Fayley, shaking your butt really turns on the boys in the crowd. Then they can go home, close the restroom door, and fantasize about you. How can I turn you into a little whore if you don't do the booty cheer?!?!"

tator
10/22/2010, 10:57 AM
To clarify, I only love STEP, not catholic school uniforms.

But I do have two elementary school aged daughters. They had to stop going to dance class because the dances were too provocative.

I'm pushing them towards basketball.

yermom
10/22/2010, 11:18 AM
yeah, i'm far from being prude, but the moves i see little girls doing at times are a bit much.

i remember thinking that when i was at a football game in middle school and my buddy's little sister was a cheerleader. 6 year old girls shaking it in short skirts designed to come up and show their *** is a little much.