TigerFan4Life
10/22/2010, 06:42 AM
Home / Sports / College / Mizzou
Bradford, Alexander spar over Mizzou-OU game
Share |

* Story
* Discussion

Bradford, Alexander spar over Mizzou-OU game

BY JIM THOMAS www.STLtoday.com | No Comments Posted | Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 12:10 am

Now that he's a resident of St. Louis, Rams quarterback Sam Bradford has done his best to go local. For example, he's been seen on more than one occasion sporting a red Cardinals baseball cap.

Of course as a denizen of St. Louis, that means Bradford also resides in the Show-Me State of Missouri. Strangely, however, Bradford has yet to be seen at Rams Park wearing a black and gold Mizzou hat.

But if Rams wide receiver Danario Alexander has his way — or more precisely, the Missouri Tigers have their way Saturday at Faurot Field — that will change. Alexander's Tigers face Bradford's Sooners in a battle of unbeatens in Columbia.

If the Sooners win, Alexander must wear Oklahoma garb next week at Rams Park.

If the Tigers win, Bradford must return the favor and wear Mizzou garb.

"He might look pretty good in black and gold," Alexander teased. "You know, he's gonna have to look good in it."

Bradford shot back: "I don't think that's happening."

The Rams fly out Saturday to Tampa, Fla., for Sunday's NFL contest with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The team will arrive in Florida in plenty of time to watch the nationally televised contest.

"I'm sure we'll be in meetings, but after that, then yeah, we'll probably watch it," Bradford said.

But will Bradford and Alexander be able to watch it in the same room?

"I'm not really sure about that," Alexander said, laughing. "I talk a lot of noise. And Sam's kind of quiet about it."

So far Bradford said the war of the words hasn't heated up.

"But I'm sure as that game gets closer that'll probably pick up a little bit," Bradford said.

Another University of Oklahoma product, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, did his best to stir things up Wednesday from Tampa, where he's a rookie with the Buccaneers. During a conference call with St. Louis reporters, McCoy was asked to pick a winner of Saturday's MU-OU contest.

"Oh, that's a given. That's Oklahoma," McCoy replied. "The reason I know (Mizzou) ain't going to win is because it's like a slap in the face to schedule your homecoming with us coming to town. That's like, 'Oh, we're going to blow them out.' "

Traditionally, teams schedule patsies for homecoming opponents. How does Bradford feel about Mizzou designating the OU game as its homecoming contest?

"We scheduled them for homecoming when I was there and beat 'em, so I don't know," Bradford said. "I guess they're trying to return the favor."

Alexander said one of the reasons he believes Mizzou will win is that Bradford no longer is slinging passes for the Sooners.

"Of course," Alexander said, laughing. "They got rid of that guy. He basically killed us about four or five times throughout my whole career, so I'm looking forward to this weekend."

soonercastor
10/22/2010, 06:52 AM
Seems like Alexander has been trying to find a perfect excuse to wear an OU jersey....

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 07:00 AM
Awesome. I sure hope we see some pics of that dude in his Sooner garb.

OU-HSV
10/22/2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the post.

How about you Tigerfan4life?? You going to throw on some Sooner gear Sunday??

sooner518
10/22/2010, 07:28 AM
"Oh, that's a given. That's Oklahoma," McCoy replied. "The reason I know (Mizzou) ain't going to win is because it's like a slap in the face to schedule your homecoming with us coming to town. That's like, 'Oh, we're going to blow them out.' "

haha i hope our guys feel that way. Seeing Sam wearing black and gold would make me die a little inside

Sooner_Tuf
10/22/2010, 07:38 AM
Unless I am wrong Bradford only played against Mizzou three times. Must have made a big impression against Alexander.

It's good to see former Sooners having fun and still reping OU. GK is hilarious. I hope he has a fantastic game with no sacks.

Soonermagik
10/22/2010, 07:39 AM
Good story. I hope that guy is ready to wear some OU gear.

OU-HSV
10/22/2010, 07:46 AM
Unless I am wrong Bradford only played against Mizzou three times. Must have made a big impression against Alexander.

It's good to see former Sooners having fun and still reping OU. GK is hilarious. I hope he has a fantastic game with no sacks.

I believe you are correct. Twice in '07 and once in '08.
I was at the one in '07 when gameday was there. Good times.

soonerborn30
10/22/2010, 07:50 AM
What about 2008?

OU-HSV
10/22/2010, 07:54 AM
What about 2008?

yeah I meant '08 not '06. I'll edit my post

bmjlr
10/22/2010, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE="Oh, that's a given. That's Oklahoma," McCoy replied. "The reason I know (Mizzou) ain't going to win is because it's like a slap in the face to schedule your homecoming with us coming to town. That's like, 'Oh, we're going to blow them out.'[/QUOTE]

I hope OU realizes this too. Go get 'em Sooners! :pop:

Jello Biafra
10/22/2010, 08:30 AM
I hope OU realizes this too. Go get 'em Sooners! :pop:

yeh. they definately know.

TigerFan4Life
10/22/2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the post.

How about you Tigerfan4life?? You going to throw on some Sooner gear Sunday??
I'd rather waste my money on beer, well not waste but appropriate it. ;-)

BigTime1
10/22/2010, 09:33 AM
Thats pretty funny Id like to see pics of Alexander sportin some OU too

Sooner Brewcrew
10/22/2010, 10:25 AM
make no mistake, alexander WILL be sporting the crimson and cream next week! Bank it.

goingoneight
10/22/2010, 12:05 PM
That's cool that those guys can be competitive, but have the class to joke with eachother about it. I went to a watch party for OU-OSU in 2008 and a bunch of aggies started a fight with some Sooners right after Sam's Heisman flip. I blame them for the fight because all of their orange buddies got kicked out and some of the other OSU fans said they were being doooouches in the bar to everyone in all colors long before kickoff. The guys who actually went at it on the field surprisingly have more class than the fans more often than not. I remember Tebow and his fagtastic little Gator chomp in the title game, him and Nic Harris were joking and laughing after the game, though.

agoo758
10/22/2010, 12:08 PM
That line at the end is sort of a jab at Laundry. I say he gets mad and goes 34 for 34 with 17 touchdowns.

bigfatjerk
10/22/2010, 12:12 PM
I believe you are correct. Twice in '07 and once in '08.
I was at the one in '07 when gameday was there. Good times.

4 times. Once in 06 in Columbia, the defense dominated that game. Offense did just enough. Twice in 07, one game was close but we basically won by 10. Refs gave them a TD at the end they didn't get, Blew them out in the Big 12 Title games.

Joe
10/22/2010, 12:13 PM
Guys put in to position to dominate usually have 1 or 2 teams that they just dick stomp their whole careers. Lets hope having this against Missouri rubbed off on Jonesy.

StoopTroup
10/22/2010, 12:26 PM
Third stringer making bets with the Starting QB....LMAO.

He probably should be worrying about his own career rather than some sidebet on the OU v misery game.

Good Read here though....

http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Alexander-Looking-for-Encore/ae94219b-1d96-48d0-9ff3-bc0510978dff

“Well what I’m going to hit him with is, ‘Don’t get a big head.’ That’s what I’m going to hit him with,” Spagnuolo said. “‘I mean, Danario, it’s one game. You made a couple of big catches, big deal.’ I probably will say that to him. But I mean he’s got to keep it all in perspective. We’ve got a long way to go. In this league we’ve seen guys have great games one week, and then etcetera, etcetera. So I will remind him that we have a long way to go. I’m very proud of him. I’m proud of the fact that he fought through an injury way back and I know what he went through. It’s been a hard road for him to get to this point. I’m proud of him, happy for him.”

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2010, 12:29 PM
That kid was the best WR in the big 12 last year..good big target

StoopTroup
10/22/2010, 12:36 PM
That kid was the best WR in the big 12 last year..good big target

Dude is lucky that he has a Damn good QB to throw to him and lucky the Rams WRs have had some injuries. 3rd string Rookie has a chance to show he's got what it takes for the NFL. I wish him well.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2010, 02:21 PM
I dont even know who plays quarterback for the Rams..Is Jim Everett still there?

Howzit
10/22/2010, 02:23 PM
:les: DON'T CALL ME CRISSY!!!1

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2010, 02:28 PM
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Imported/ShowPix/J/080101/RomeIsBurning-new1.jpg

kelloggOUballa
10/22/2010, 02:28 PM
That line at the end is sort of a jab at Laundry. I say he gets mad and goes 34 for 34 with 17 touchdowns.

And then in the second half, he really gets hot and goes 41 for 41 with 21 touchdowns through the air and two on the ground.

kelloggOUballa
10/22/2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

oldkoot
10/22/2010, 02:30 PM
Not trying to argue in any way or be disrespectful, but are we sure that our team knows that they have been slapped in the face by being the home coming team against Missouri?

OU-HSV
10/22/2010, 02:36 PM
4 times. Once in 06 in Columbia, the defense dominated that game. Offense did just enough. Twice in 07, one game was close but we basically won by 10. Refs gave them a TD at the end they didn't get, Blew them out in the Big 12 Title games.

Well Sam didn't play in '06, that was Paul Thompson's year.

And the game you're talking about in '07 where we won by 10 was the one I was saying I was at when game day was in Norman. And even though we won by 10, like you said, seems like they scored a very late td in that one to make it appear closer than the game actually felt, if you know what I mean.
I believe that's the game where chunky chase was basically saying "we beat ourselves, OU didn't beat us" (something along those lines).

Howzit
10/22/2010, 02:37 PM
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Imported/ShowPix/J/080101/RomeIsBurning-new1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pNa8NuQNLPY/ShtVBPG0_CI/AAAAAAAAAdE/IKsdLfv4pQg/s320/rome_everett.jpg

bmjlr
10/22/2010, 02:48 PM
Not trying to argue in any way or be disrespectful, but are we sure that our team knows that they have been slapped in the face by being the home coming team against Missouri?

McCoy called and told them just to remind them. Of course I just made that up, but it could have happened. Stoops has posted real and bogus reports in the locker room I am sure.