PDA

View Full Version : Most Know I aint No Rocket Surgeon

olevetonahill
10/21/2010, 07:11 PM
But Im pretty dayum sure I got this one .
If theres WATER on the ****in Moon . theres other LIFE out there

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101021/ap_on_sc/us_sci_shoot_the_moon

Blue
10/21/2010, 07:38 PM
I heard there were critters on Uranus.

Boomer.....
10/21/2010, 07:41 PM
Only when he doesn't wipe.

KABOOKIE
10/21/2010, 07:43 PM
Obama says going to space cost a bunch and we've already been there. Maybe China can discover extraterrestrial life.

Besides going to the moon would create pride in this country and liberals hate that kind of stuff.

olevetonahill
10/21/2010, 07:54 PM
WE as in Americans will end up regretting letting our Space lead go away .

Ike
10/21/2010, 08:03 PM
In all honesty, if there is other life to be found out there, it's not going to be found in any reasonable amount of time by sending people to look for it. It ain't easy keeping people alive out there, and we generally want to bring them back. 2 things that add unnessecary complications to any mission. If our goal is to actively explore the solar system and anything else we might be able to reach, we can do a whole lot more with robots than we could do with people.

But if all we want to do is look cool and say "hey look at us" then we should keep sending people into space.

For the cost of one manned mission to the moon, we could probably send 100 or more bots to the moon. The people might stay there a week. The bots could easily explore for years.

olevetonahill
10/21/2010, 08:52 PM
I agree Ike . Its just Id like to Know before I check out.

Its just that if WATER is on the Moon and other places like they think Im bout positive that there is some form of life out there. Hell I been pretty sure of that since i were a Kid ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
10/21/2010, 08:55 PM
If there's water, there's a chance to pee in it.

DO EET

GKeeper316
10/21/2010, 10:53 PM
best place to look for life in our solar system is saturn's moon europa.

GKeeper316
10/21/2010, 10:55 PM
Obama says going to space cost a bunch and we've already been there. Maybe China can discover extraterrestrial life.

Besides going to the moon would create pride in this country and liberals hate that kind of stuff.

thats not true and you know it. it was a liberal president that set the goal of putting a man on the moon in the first place.

the bush administration gutted nasa'a budget.

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 11:10 PM

And if he did the opposite, you'd bi*ch and moan about the money he's spending.

Jesus. What is it with you people?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/22/2010, 12:10 AM

Some folks will worry the Democrats will want to give green cards to the Martians.

stoopified
10/22/2010, 12:18 AM
Some folks will worry the Democrats will want to give green cards to the Martians.Man you are way off.Martians get RED cards,Venusians get GREEN cards. :)

SanJoaquinSooner
10/22/2010, 02:13 AM
Man you are way off.Martians get RED cards,Venusians get GREEN cards. :)

Mars is red but the Martians are green. didn't you learn anything in school?

http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/05/santa_claus_conquers_the_martians_c.jpg

Fraggle145
10/22/2010, 02:26 AM

I dont think we have let it go away... :confused:
:gary:

Fraggle145
10/22/2010, 02:28 AM
I agree Ike . Its just Id like to Know before I check out.

Its just that if WATER is on the Moon and other places like they think Im bout positive that there is some form of life out there. Hell I been pretty sure of that since i were a Kid ;)

Hell I been sure of it since the first time I talked to you on the phone :eek: ;)

The water they found is sorta like what they found on Mars I think... Really ****in cold. Hell even colder than Mars. Not saying things dont live in the cold, but if its cold and there's no light it makes it really damn hard.

Leroy Lizard
10/22/2010, 02:41 AM
Some folks will worry the Democrats will want to give green cards to the Martians.

If Democrats felt Martians would vote Democrat, they would.

The
10/22/2010, 06:45 AM
Meh. Wake me up when they start publishing the tesseracting they're doing to Gliese 581g.

Oldnslo
10/22/2010, 11:06 AM
I like how we look for water because we think life everywhere needs it.

Remember our friend Spock: "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."

In other words, finding water isn't the same as finding life. Life may well exist outside of the perimeters we've established for it. We've already found life ON OUR PLANET where none was thought to be able to exist. Looking for water means that we're looking for "life" that's "like us".

Here's the deal. You find what you're looking for. If you look behind your refrigerator with a flashlight, you're assuming that whatever is back there will reflect the light and you'll see what it is. Maybe there's something back there that won't reflect the light. Maybe you should use a magnet instead of a flashlight to find whatever's back there. But because you've used a flashlight, you're damn sure not going to find anything that's clear or doesn't reflect light.

Mississippi Sooner
10/22/2010, 11:09 AM
Mars is red but the Martians are green. didn't you learn anything in school?

http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/05/santa_claus_conquers_the_martians_c.jpg

Fun fact: A nine year old Pia Zadora appeared in that craptastic movie. Yes, she started making bad movies early in her career.

StoopTroup
10/22/2010, 11:26 AM

Only if the other folks bring some Home aliens that are stock brokers on their Planet. If that happens...we're screwed.

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 11:50 AM
I want my damned hovercar before the aliens come.

StoopTroup
10/22/2010, 11:51 AM
Wonder what the Aliens version of Vet looks like?

olevetonahill
10/22/2010, 12:01 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_z3qNyia957M/SvU1yuVhUrI/AAAAAAAACvc/9i0hI9QIMRI/s400/shrekearedmartian.png

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 12:01 PM

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3260/alienredneckjpggfx8fm.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 12:09 PM
He has a nemesis there too:

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/IllegalALIEN.jpg

KABOOKIE
10/22/2010, 12:45 PM
thats not true and you know it. it was a liberal president that set the goal of putting a man on the moon in the first place.

the bush administration gutted nasa'a budget.

And if he did the opposite, you'd bi*ch and moan about the money he's spending.

Jesus. What is it with you people?

Hey! Lincoln freed the slaves!! Shouldn't the black vote go Republican? :rolleyes:

Try to keep it relative to this century and Obalama's opinon was a stated fact. Liberals hate American pride.

Yeah, what is it with you haters?

Ike
10/22/2010, 12:54 PM
Liberals hate American pride.

Yeah, what is it with you haters?

Oh come on...if Obama had said "Yes, we are absolutely going to the moon during my presidency", the right would be saying "Why are we wasting more and more money sending people to the moon?!?! There's no oil up there!"

It's a no-win issue. Keep sending people into space: Waste of taxpayer dollars. Stop sending people into space: Killing national pride.

The
10/22/2010, 12:56 PM
Liberals hate American pride.

Our, more to the point but less bumper-stickery, liberals find blindly zealous nationalism dangerous.

Howzit
10/22/2010, 01:21 PM
I heard there were critters on Uranus.

I heard there were Klingons.

Howzit
10/22/2010, 02:19 PM
'Cause...see...that implies little things whut cling.

On.

To his anus.

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for clarifying.

Howzit
10/22/2010, 02:21 PM
I'm here to help.

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 02:22 PM
We'd never make it without you.

Howzit