PDA

View Full Version : Mark May & Craig James

Okie35
10/21/2010, 05:34 PM
They were just asked how long will OU stay at #1?

Mark May "If they get past Missouri, a team that Bob has never had a problem w/, then a long time. Talking to Brent Venables he said that was the most complete game their defense has played for all 4 quarters. I agree. Their defense has been getting better each game Beal and Lewis had great games last week. Lewis had 14 tackles last week. "

Craig James "I think OU runs Missouri off the field. They haven't showed me anything. Also, with the combination of Murray, Broyles, and Jones OU looks great. The way Murray runs opens up a lot for their offense. Talking to Bob back in August when he came here he was talking about his team being young. We'll they're a young great team. I don't see them losing that #1 spot for a long time."

------------------
I would've been sure one of them played the negative but its good to see ESPN isn't all total dicks.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 05:36 PM
I wish they wouldn't call coaches by their first name. Surely, they deserve some degree of respect. "Coach Stoops" would have been more appropriate and professional.

swardboy
10/21/2010, 05:40 PM
And I would love to hear coaches address talking heads, "Well, you sorry pos, I think......"

jumperstop
10/21/2010, 05:42 PM
ESPN HATES US!!!! WHAT WILL WE DO NOW!!!

Ohh wait, nvm...

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2010, 05:46 PM
I wish they wouldn't call coaches by their first name. Surely, they deserve some degree of respect. "Coach Stoops" would have been more appropriate and professional.

They do it 'cause they hate us.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/21/2010, 05:59 PM
They were just asked how long will OU stay at #1?

Mark May "If they get past Missouri, a team that Bob has never had a problem w/, then a long time. Talking to Brent Venables he said that was the most complete game their defense has played for all 4 quarters. I agree. Their defense has been getting better each game Beal and Lewis had great games last week. Lewis had 14 tackles last week. "

Craig James "I think OU runs Missouri off the field. They haven't showed me anything. Also, with the combination of Murray, Broyles, and Jones OU looks great. The way Murray runs opens up a lot for their offense. Talking to Bob back in August when he came here he was talking about his team being young. We'll they're a young great team. I don't see them losing that #1 spot for a long time."

------------------
I would've been sure one of them played the negative but its good to see ESPN isn't all total dicks.

Nail, meet Coffin.

OK, we're done here. Move along, move along, nothing else to see....

*sigh* nice season while it lasted...

badger
10/21/2010, 06:00 PM

Doesn't Lee Corso call him "Bobby" or is that some other talking head. I think it's funny :D

ouduckhunter
10/21/2010, 06:10 PM
Fire em all!

yankee
10/21/2010, 06:13 PM
unfortunately it means nothing because they're both bumbling fools, IMHO. i still think we win, however.

soonercastor
10/21/2010, 06:15 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Bke9LHVneh4/Sf6AZ4oGylI/AAAAAAAAAlA/XCI4bIOKI2E/s400/doomed78.jpg

pac10SUX
10/21/2010, 06:41 PM
What a relief. I thought this was going to be a thread about man-on-man pron. :eek:

cccasooner2
10/21/2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/cta/lowres/ctan13l.jpg[url]

AlboSooner
10/21/2010, 06:59 PM
If Ou brings their A game, then it's going to be a blowout.

Okie35
10/21/2010, 07:10 PM
Doesn't Lee Corso call him "Bobby" or is that some other talking head. I think it's funny :D

Its Corso.

Collier11
10/21/2010, 07:16 PM
Should I pull up the thousands of SFs posts where people say those two guys are biased azzhats? :D

Okie35
10/21/2010, 07:47 PM
Should I pull up the thousands of SFs posts where people say those two guys are biased azzhats? :D

Exactly why I posted it. I've never heard Mark May say anything that positive about OU.

goingoneight
10/21/2010, 07:59 PM
I don't have much argument for or against the BCS right now. It's really irrelevant. Get a real system (cough! PLAYOFF--cough!) and this shat wouldn't matter.

May is still a tool. And Craig James is still a doooooouche. Ask Leach. It doesn't matter what team colors they put on.

"You look at the situation that's unfolded at Oklahoma, with Paul Thompson at quarterback, they WILL NOT be a factor in the BIG 12 or BCS race."
-Mr. Mark May, August 2006.

TUSooner
10/21/2010, 08:17 PM

Don't you get it, man ?! They DO hate us! They're just trying to make OUr guys overconfident so they can gloat about MU later. Those rotten sneaky bast*rds!
I HATE 'EM !!

mightysooner
10/21/2010, 08:28 PM
The best win Missouri has is against San Diego State at home in which they had to come from behind to win. We're going to run Missouri off the field.

MeMyself&Me
10/21/2010, 09:00 PM

I think the media referring to Bob Stoops as 'Bob' or 'Bobby' has to do with the fact that there is more than one Coach Stoops in FBS football and their all related.

But yeah, I agree. It annoys me too. Even my kid's little league coach is addressed as "Coach .....".

Scott D
10/21/2010, 09:07 PM
I have yet to hear them refer to Michael Stoops as Mikey, or Mark as Marky

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2010, 09:10 PM
What the OP failed to point out is, during the previous segment both commentators said that Oregon was their number one choice and should remain in that position as well. Both segments were clearly contradictory and ridiculous.

SicEm:
Craig James prefaced his "Bob" statement by saying "...when he and Coach Stoops were at dinner in August..."

Okie35
10/21/2010, 09:13 PM
What the OP failed to point out is, during the previous segment both commentators said that Oregon was their number one choice and should remain in that position as well. Both segments were clearly contradictory and ridiculous.

SicEm:
Craig James prefaced his "Bob" statement by saying "...when he and Coach Stoops were at dinner in August..."

True but they were asked how long do you think we'll stay there. They've said Oregon should be 1 on the BCS show on Sunday. I figured ppl already knew that, that watch ESPN, sorry. The fact is they said something positive usually its negative.

THE-JROD
10/21/2010, 09:16 PM
Don't you get it, man ?! They DO hate us! They're just trying to make OUr guys overconfident so they can gloat about MU later. Those rotten sneaky bast*rds!
I HATE 'EM !!

Agreed!!

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2010, 09:27 PM
True but they were asked how long do you think we'll stay there. They've said Oregon should be 1 on the BCS show on Sunday. I figured ppl already knew that, that watch ESP, sorry. The fact is they said something positive usually its negative.

I certainly agree with that last statement!

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 09:30 PM

You have to have respect for the coaching profession before you can show them any respect.

Craig James, as we saw with the whole Mike Leach and Adam James thing, has no respect for the coaching profession.

Okie35
10/21/2010, 09:32 PM
You have to have respect for the coaching profession before you can show them any respect.

Craig James, as we saw with the whole Mike Leach and Adam James thing, has no respect for the coaching profession.

Yea, I really didn't side w/ Craig James during that whole fiasco because of his actions. I believe he did use his position to his strength.

THE-JROD
10/21/2010, 09:36 PM
Yea, I really didn't side w/ Craig James during that whole fiasco because of his actions. I believe he did use his position to his strength.

You are absolutely correct!! He did use his job to his strength!! If it would have been the average joe's son....Never would have happened!

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 09:41 PM

You are absolutely correct.

TigerNuts
10/21/2010, 10:24 PM

Craig James hates Mizzou. I have no idea why, but he never passes up a chance to badmouth us. Fortunately, he's such an enormous POS that it is of no concern. Seriously, the guy is just an over-inflated little league dad.

Okie35
10/21/2010, 10:28 PM
Craig James hates Mizzou. I have no idea why, but he never passes up a chance to badmouth us. Fortunately, he's such an enormous POS that it is of no concern. Seriously, the guy is just an over-inflated little league dad.

ESPN hates OU.

TigerNuts
10/21/2010, 10:32 PM
ESPN hates OU.

This sounds very similar to our rallying cry: "The KC Star/St. Louis Post Dispatch hates Mizzou".

The only reason anyone at ESPN is saying this will be a game is for ratings. When it comes time to make picks, they've all picked OU (as they should, you are the #1 team in the BCS).

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 10:47 PM
Craig James likes hairy man ***.

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 11:23 PM

Bobby Knight agrees with you.

yankee
10/21/2010, 11:25 PM
The best win Missouri has is against San Diego State at home in which they had to come from behind to win. We're going to run Missouri off the field.

although i would like to point out that san diego state beat air force...which is considered one of our better wins.

yankee
10/21/2010, 11:27 PM
seriously, if i have to hear may call james "pony" and james call may "mayday" one more time, i might freaking kick a hole through my TV.

Okie35
10/21/2010, 11:29 PM
This sounds very similar to our rallying cry: "The KC Star/St. Louis Post Dispatch hates Mizzou".

The only reason anyone at ESPN is saying this will be a game is for ratings. When it comes time to make picks, they've all picked OU (as they should, you are the #1 team in the BCS).

Or does it sound like 08 when we didn't deserve anything and ESPN made special segments about how the Whorns should be there. Save me that rallying cry, please.

Okie35
10/21/2010, 11:30 PM
although i would like to point out that san diego state beat air force...which is considered one of our better wins.

They lost to BYU who Utah State killed.

stoopified
10/21/2010, 11:43 PM
Cool

Widescreen
10/21/2010, 11:48 PM
They lost to BYU who Utah State killed.

SDSU blew out Utah State, though.

King Barry's Back
10/22/2010, 03:55 AM

We have beaten Texas in the Cotton Bowl, and blew out Fla St at home -- making Air Force no better than our third best win. At Cincy is arguably a better win as well.

Collier11
10/22/2010, 04:03 AM
And again, for the millionth time, comparing results means nothing.

TUSooner
10/22/2010, 07:20 AM
After the Leach dust-up, and the way James whined and wheedled, and the lousy way ESPN covered for him, James has no cred with me at all. I wouldn't pay attention to him about anything, unless maybe he said my hair was on fire. Even then, I'd verify.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2010, 08:51 AM
somebody should ask him why his boy still can't get on the field with a different coach

picasso
10/22/2010, 08:54 AM
Its Corso.

Gary Danielson did all the time back in 2000. It was kinda like, yeah I call him Bobby because I KNOW him.

jharkins
10/22/2010, 09:12 AM
Now I feel bad for toilet papering James' house here in Dallas in high school.......

Scott D
10/22/2010, 10:04 AM
somebody should ask him why his boy still can't get on the field with a different coach

see this is why step is a cutting edge journalist.

Soonerfan88
10/22/2010, 11:46 AM

Their FB Tew went out in the 1st quarter and probably won't play again this year, maybe bowl game. He is the one that ran all over us so I'm sure it will hurt them the rest of the year.

And M. May & C. James can bite my ***.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/25/2010, 05:25 PM
See. ESPN was out to get us by making us overconfident.

Leroy Lizard
10/25/2010, 06:53 PM
After the Leach dust-up, and the way James whined and wheedled, and the lousy way ESPN covered for him, James has no cred with me at all. I wouldn't pay attention to him about anything, unless maybe he said my hair was on fire. Even then, I'd verify.

That isn't even rational. Whether or not he acted improperly in the Leach affair has nothing to do with his football knowledge.