PDA

View Full Version : Pretend We Win Out & Make NCG

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 12:49 PM
Given that scenario: is there a Sooner Heisman finalist?

Is it Demarco or L. Jones?

Maybe Broyles?

Soonermagik
10/21/2010, 12:51 PM
I'll say Murray. I don't think Broyles has much of a chance. Fitzgerald was a beast and he still couldn't win. The Heisman favors QB's and RB's. Not to say a WR can't win, but it's not likely.

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 12:53 PM
Broyles no, unless he starts returning punts and KOs for TDs.

Murray, maybe. The last guy to set a record for a OU RB for most TDs, won the Heisman...heh...however, unless you are a big powerful running back that the media is slobbering all over, you're not winning it.

Jones, not this year. But he is setting himself up nicely for the trophy in 2011.

I personally hope not one sooner wins it. It seems to curse their play in bowl games after winning the award.

OUEngr1990
10/21/2010, 12:57 PM
I'm with 75. Seems like Heisman's are not good luck for us or anyone else when it comes to post season..

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 12:58 PM
That was kind of my point: given our schedule, I think that winning out is at least a legitimate possibility.

And in recent history, the media tends to award teams with that much success with a Heisman-award finalist.

But it's hard for me to believe that any of our guys will finish top 3 or 4 in voting.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/21/2010, 01:02 PM
Yes. The race is WIDE open and there are NO front runners. Murray has the best chance but I wouldn't completely exclude Broyles or Jones.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2010, 01:05 PM
I don't see DM getting the video game numbers like James is likely to end up with the Ducks. But if he stays healthy, DM will definitely be on everyone's ballet. I could see him getting an invite to attend, but not winning.

allanace16
10/21/2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, lets not ignore that DeMarco's the FBS active career scoring leader currently. If we do make it to the MNC, I think he gets an invite, but wouldn't win.

jumperstop
10/21/2010, 01:30 PM
Last year it seemed that it wasn't until this point in the season, maybe later that Ingram began to get all his hype.

HolaKyle
10/21/2010, 01:32 PM
If we win out, we will certainly have someone that we can send to New York.

I think it all depends on this week's game. Everybody will be watching this game. It depends who comes out of this weekend with a video game performance.

I think after this weekend, we, soonerfans.com members, should start a viral campaign on whoever we see fit. I think, with the right push, we can make a difference.

Step 1: Setup a website that people can go to. Something like MustacheForHeisman.com or MurrayForHeisman.com. It should include this year's stats, a profile, link to SoonerSports' athlete's page, etc. It should also include a highlight video from this year.

Step 2: Build a highlight video. If we decide to go forward, I can do this. I have all the footage from this year. I will need suggestions on what audio to use (music or game commentary.) If we go with music, will need music suggestions to use. I could build one using the footage through the Mizzou game, and update it every week if we wanted to.

Step 3: Begin the e-mail campaign. E-mail EVERYONE associated with College Football to the website. This would be Heisman voters, ESPN, Heisman Prediction Websites, BLOGs, etc. We could also potentially try to get OU to post it on their Facebook page, etc.

Thoughts?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/21/2010, 02:56 PM
No.

jumperstop
10/21/2010, 03:02 PM
If we win out, we will certainly have someone that we can send to New York.

I think it all depends on this week's game. Everybody will be watching this game. It depends who comes out of this weekend with a video game performance.

I think after this weekend, we, soonerfans.com members, should start a viral campaign on whoever we see fit. I think, with the right push, we can make a difference.

Step 1: Setup a website that people can go to. Something like MustacheForHeisman.com or MurrayForHeisman.com. It should include this year's stats, a profile, link to SoonerSports' athlete's page, etc. It should also include a highlight video from this year.

Step 2: Build a highlight video. If we decide to go forward, I can do this. I have all the footage from this year. I will need suggestions on what audio to use (music or game commentary.) If we go with music, will need music suggestions to use. I could build one using the footage through the Mizzou game, and update it every week if we wanted to.

Step 3: Begin the e-mail campaign. E-mail EVERYONE associated with College Football to the website. This would be Heisman voters, ESPN, Heisman Prediction Websites, BLOGs, etc. We could also potentially try to get OU to post it on their Facebook page, etc.

Thoughts?

All this seems a bit aggy...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2010, 03:04 PM
Sad to say that the heisman has become more of being a good football player on a good football team award than a best player award...

soonercastor
10/21/2010, 03:39 PM
Don't worry Ingram broke the "curse." ;)

MR2-Sooner86
10/21/2010, 03:49 PM
Last year it seemed that it wasn't until this point in the season, maybe later that Ingram began to get all his hype.

I remember that but I also seemed to remember the SEC Championship was where he really stood above everybody else and seemed to seal it.

Soonerfan88
10/21/2010, 03:57 PM
I believe that Broyles is the most deserving but Murray would get more attention. However, I will leave the campaigning to the SID.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2010, 03:59 PM
Don't worry Ingram broke the "curse." ;)

He just divided the curse in half and gave the pieces to Gerhardt and McCoy.

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 10:40 PM
Personally I hope whoever does win is playing for our opponent!

delhalew
10/21/2010, 11:55 PM
I thought they already gave it to Cam Newton.

King Barry's Back
10/22/2010, 01:04 AM
With our style of offense, the QB is primary playmaker and should be the natural Heisman contender. LJ is developing nicely, but has been inconsistent and is not the king of clearcut leader and playmaker that would make him a Heisman contender.

So due to inexperience at the QB, DM and Broyles have been hyped, deservingly, as the real offensive stars of the team.

Either of them could emerge as contenders, but the fact that they are both carrying a huge load probably excludes both of them from the Heisman. i mean, it's hard to say which one is best-they are both great.

There's still a lot of football left, though, and this team is fun to watch.

TahoeSOONER
10/22/2010, 01:23 AM
Demarco has been a stud but Broyles has carried this team as a playmaker or decoy, just for * as the slight of hand,but other than that the dude is straight crafty. If you look at Landry for Heisman he will have the numbers but he is truly a year away from domination from his position if the young talent around him develops. IMHO, Broyles is stretching the field and making the O grow; Thus deserving the trophy if we don't cancel eachother out due to balance on offense.

All this not want the Heisman talk just because of bad luck is rubish to me. Broyles is the most dynamic player in the country on a undefeated team and I hope he gets the statue in front of Owen Field.

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 01:27 AM
I thought they already gave it to Cam Newton.

I can see the farks now: Heisman trophy, but instead of a football the dude's carrying a laptop.

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 01:29 AM
If we ARe gonna get a Heisman, give it to Murray, Broyles comes back and gets one next year, then Jones gets one his senior year, and Landry's first year in the NFL Finch gets his.