PDA

View Full Version : So OU/Mizzou is a nationally televised game?

landrun
10/21/2010, 07:36 AM
8PM Easter Time. ABC

There is no coverage map on ESPN for this game so I'm guessing it is available for everyone to see? Even those of use who have to endure the torture of living in SEC/ACC country. Correct?

Mississippi Sooner
10/21/2010, 07:40 AM
Yep. OU-Mizzou is a nationwide telecast.

SOFSooner
10/21/2010, 07:42 AM
Wrong OU/missouri is a Worldwide broadcast thanks to American Forces Network (AFN)!

Mississippi Sooner
10/21/2010, 07:44 AM
Woooohooooo!!! Sooners worldwide. Now everybody can experience the swagger.

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 08:07 AM
Yes, thank God!

meoveryouxinfinity
10/21/2010, 08:08 AM
EASTER TIME???

I wonder what Tebow will have to say about this.

swardboy
10/21/2010, 08:12 AM
ABC/ESPN is about to jizz in its pants that it will have an OU loss to offer the world....heh heh heh.

I hope we blow 'em out so bad that they cut away in the fourth quarter to a "Happy Days" tribute to Mr. C.....

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2010, 08:18 AM
Woooohooooo!!! Sooners worldwide. Now everybody can experience the sw*gger.

Dang it, you used the s-word. DOOMED.

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 08:21 AM
ABC/ESPN is about to jizz in its pants that it will have an OU loss to offer the world....heh heh heh.

I hope we blow 'em out so bad that they cut away in the fourth quarter to a "Happy Days" tribute to Mr. C.....

LMFAO

TUSooner
10/21/2010, 08:22 AM
It will be very annoying to hear Musberger's excitement every time Mizzou makes a play. I won't claim anti-OU bias, but Herbie and Gushberger will be touting the upset angle without a doubt!
I predict an agonizing road game and am glad I have plenty of blood-pressure med on hand.

SoonerMarkVA
10/21/2010, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know if ESPN3 posts these national ABC games as Replays later? I was counting on watching this online, and while I'm sure I can find something on justin.tv the quality is never as good as ESPN3.

Hot Rod
10/21/2010, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know if ESPN3 posts these national ABC games as Replays later? I was counting on watching this online, and while I'm sure I can find something on justin.tv the quality is never as good as ESPN3.

I'm sure it will be. I usually watch the games again on ESPN3, if they were on ABC/ESPN.

Okie35
10/21/2010, 08:38 AM
It will be very annoying to hear Musberger's excitement every time Mizzou makes a play. I won't claim anti-OU bias, but Herbie and Gushberger will be touting the upset angle without a doubt!
I predict an agonizing road game and am glad I have plenty of blood-pressure med on hand.

I hate that.

tfoolry
10/21/2010, 09:08 AM
Sat. night will be time for the classic Brent Mushburger Drinking Game....

*Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a Big 10 school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the Big 10 school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 11 seconds, since there's 11 schools in the Big 10.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Gary, my man". Whenever Brent says "Gary, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Gary. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Gary, my man" until the game is over. "Gary, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Gary, my man". If someone talks to "Gary, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Gary, that person is automatically "Gary, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much. (read less)

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 09:10 AM

Same here. Lisinopril ftw.

badger
10/21/2010, 09:15 AM
I don't think it's up yet, but remember that Xbox 360/ESPN thing they mentioned at E3 this past summer? Well, it's part of the Dashboard update that's coming out before Nov. 4 (launch of Kinect).

Details here. (http://www.1up.com/news/microsoft-details-additional-improvements-fall)

cccasooner2
10/21/2010, 10:21 AM

Oh Baby!..........:D

ouduckhunter
10/21/2010, 10:37 AM

I hate that.

That's when we mute the TV, and listen to Bob Barry and crew on the Sirius broadcast. Bob Barry may scew up a lot, but at least he likes the Sooners.

SoonerPr8r
10/21/2010, 10:56 AM
Pretty good drinking game. Almost as good as the gary england drinking game

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 10:59 AM
Same as always, I'd rather just hear the games sounds.

IronHorseSooner
10/21/2010, 11:02 AM
I don't know if Herbie will be touting the upset. He did pick us to go to the MNC game, and since tOSU lost, we are his only chance to be right.

Also, if Brent mentions Boise State during the broadcast, then every must yell "Smurf Turf", and take a drink!

badger
10/21/2010, 11:07 AM
Also, if Brent mentions Boise State during the broadcast, then every must yell "Smurf Turf", and take a drink!

Perhaps there should be special drinking rules for this special special game :P

Rule #2: Anytime the outcome of the tonight's Oregon-UCLA game is mentioned, pull a Mighty Ducks movie moment and chant "QUACK!" repeatedly. Anyone who doesn't participate finishes drink

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 11:20 AM
Go UCLA! lol

tfoolry
10/21/2010, 02:15 PM
I hope to hear these lines multiple times:
"Touchdown, OOOOOOOOKLAHOMA!" followed up by
"Folks, you are watching what greatness, is all about"

GKeeper316
10/21/2010, 02:21 PM
Perhaps there should be special drinking rules for this special special game :P

Rule #2: Anytime the outcome of the tonight's Oregon-UCLA game is mentioned, pull a Mighty Ducks movie moment and chant "QUACK!" repeatedly. Anyone who doesn't participate finishes drink

you would call that a "conditional modifier rule"

badger
10/21/2010, 02:23 PM

"Sorry folks, park's closed. The moose out front shouda told ya."

Sirus
10/21/2010, 02:24 PM

Years ago when I met my wife, I christened her into a Sooner fan(she's a Cali-bred woman). Now I sometimes question who has the higher blood pressure in the close games. She always tells me it's too much on her at times.

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 02:25 PM
Woooohooooo!!! Sooners worldwide. Now everybody can experience the swagger.

Is this kind of like Prestige Worldwide?

RfHxENUIPow

bluedogok
10/21/2010, 10:18 PM
That's when we mute the TV, and listen to Bob Barry and crew on the Sirius broadcast. Bob Barry may scew up a lot, but at least he likes the Sooners.
That's what I do....

BigTip
10/21/2010, 10:41 PM

*Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it......

.... However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much. (read less)

Funny funny stuff. :D

agoo758
10/21/2010, 11:28 PM
Never quite understood the Musburger hate on this board. He is actually my favorite ESPN announcer. :eek:

StanberryWasIn
10/21/2010, 11:32 PM
The Musburger drinking game is already complicated enough (and funny), but I thought there was also some drinking event when he said "let's let the officials sort this out."

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 11:41 PM
Never quite understood the Musburger hate on this board. He is actually my favorite ESPN announcer. :eek:

What does that tell you?

ouwasp
10/22/2010, 12:06 AM

Boy, isn't that the truth. I yearn for someone to invent something like that.... maybe call it The Real Game Filter. Just the bands, fans, officials. The bombastic crap from the booth is gone like a vapor!

As for the drinking game... goodness, that just might induce blindness! :cool:

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2010, 01:41 AM
Won't happen since it would make watching the games at home so much fun.

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2010, 02:05 AM
Wrong OU/missouri is a Worldwide broadcast thanks to American Forces Network (AFN)!
The USSR used to jam OU games in the Baltic during the '80's. Something about the translators thinking BIG RED was making fun of commies. Now we have more commies than them; obama, pelosi and reid.:D

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2010, 02:15 AM
I hope to hear these lines multiple times:
"Touchdown, OOOOOOOOKLAHOMA!" followed up by

and
"Tonight the Sooner Nation is standing in their seats!"

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2010, 02:20 AM

Except when Olevet is at home games. Those farts and burps are annoying.

tfoolry
10/22/2010, 10:08 AM
Can't be as annoying as this.
http://www.theunticket.com/wade-phillips-burps-excuse-me/

bent rider
10/22/2010, 10:16 AM
Pretty good drinking game. Almost as good as the gary england drinking game

With a 50% chance of storms maybe you can play both games at the same time! Well, its ABC so Rick Mitchell will have to suffice.

Wait, Jack Arute has Val on the Gentner!

Mississippi Sooner
10/22/2010, 10:27 AM

Any of y'all remember when one of the networks, I think it was NBC, tried that for an NFL game back about 30 years ago? It sounded like a cool concept, and I actually kinda liked it, but it didn't go over well at all. I'm pretty sure they only did it for one game.

bluedogok
10/22/2010, 10:27 PM
I knew it was Dolphins game, this from Wiki NFL on NBC.

NBC made history in the 1980s with an announcerless telecast (a one-shot experiment credited to Don Ohlmeyer, between the Jets and Dolphins in Miami on December 20, 1980 known as the "silent game")