PDA

View Full Version : Question for techies

Blue
10/20/2010, 10:53 PM
Is there anyway to take a photo that you were tagged in from facebook...print it out and frame it? I'd like to frame a photo of my dad and bro and me at an OU game. TIA.

OUEngr1990
10/20/2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, you can right click and copy it to your desktop, but chances are, the quality won't be very good..

Blue
10/20/2010, 11:03 PM
Thank you, OUEngr.

hotshot13422
10/20/2010, 11:04 PM
Can you not right click and "save picture as...?" That would be the best way

GottaHavePride
10/20/2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah. Right-click on the picture and select "save as..." Rename it and save it to your desktop or someplace where you can find it.

But yeah, chances are the resolution won't be so great.

GKeeper316
10/20/2010, 11:07 PM
if you have any photo editing software, you can try to clean it up. i can turn low rez crap pictures into gold with photoshop, but i do that **** professionally...

also you'll need a printer that can do photo quality and print on photo paper.

Blue
10/20/2010, 11:11 PM
Can I just save it on a zip and take it to a photo shop? I think it'd make a great gift for my dad for xmas. Or maybe i can email it to you gatekeeper and you can handle it...giftwrap and all. :D

GKeeper316
10/20/2010, 11:14 PM
Can I just save it on a zip and take it to a photo shop? I think it'd make a great gift for my dad for xmas. Or maybe i can email it to you gatekeeper and you can handle it...giftwrap and all. :D

1) its note gatekeeper. its short for goal keeper. i grew up in england playing soccer.

2) ya just take it to a place like epperson and they can hook you up. i dont have a photo quality printer at my house and if i get caught doing personal projects for money using company resources, i get fired. sorry :(

Blue
10/20/2010, 11:17 PM
1) its note gatekeeper. its short for goal keeper. i grew up in england playing soccer.

2) ya just take it to a place like epperson and they can hook you up. i dont have a photo quality printer at my house and if i get caught doing personal projects for money using company resources, i get fired. sorry :(

Oh its cool man. I appreciate your input.

Sorry about the name thing. I just always connected those tatas with gatekeeper for some reason. It weird how usernames do that. Like this new guy on the football forum "BlownGP". I always read it as....:D (Dont ban me GHP)

Ike
10/21/2010, 09:00 AM
Here's the low tech solution (in handy step-by-step format):

1)Call the guy/gal that put it on facebook.
2)Ask them if they'd be willing to electronically submit the original to Walgreens or CVS photo lab. (click the same things as they do so you know what the options are, and what you want/are willing to pay for).
3)Have them submit that photo for printing in the size/shape you want.
4)Go to Walgreens/CVS and pick it up
5)Go get a frame at your favorite framing store
6)Place picture in frame
7)Hang on wall.

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 11:35 AM
I followed up to #7 before I got lost. When can I get down and what does this do? It's hard to type up here.

Boomer.....
10/21/2010, 11:39 AM
I would right-click the picture and save as.

yermom
10/21/2010, 02:30 PM
i'm with Ike. odds are, Facebook lowered the resolution to save bandwidth. if the person that took the pic has the original, it will probably look better