PDA

View Full Version : depth chart

lasooner123
10/20/2010, 09:05 PM
what are yall expecting the lineup to be.....

newell
cade
pledge
clark
fitz

Serge Ibaka
10/20/2010, 09:14 PM
what are yall expecting the lineup to be.....

newell
cade
pledge
clark
fitz

Not very good at basketball.

I hope they're likable and work hard, at least. Time for a fresh start.

Eielson
10/20/2010, 10:57 PM
We could end up with a pretty solid team. Win conference? No. But we could do respectably.

hotshot13422
10/20/2010, 11:03 PM
Cade is the face of our team... It's going to be a long year

Collier11
10/20/2010, 11:57 PM
Its not unheard of for a Fresh or transfer to come in and be a immediate big time impact player. Clark could be a stud, Blair could be great, who knows. We have alot of unknowns with this team which I kinda like. If they work as hard as we hear, they will be fine

stoopified
10/25/2010, 06:43 PM
Fitzgerald
Thompson
Davis
Clarke
Blair

I expect Newell,Taylor,Washington,Pledger to see ample playing time off the bench.I think Cade will eventually be the 6th man,and i will be shocked if CJ doesn't crack the starting lineup by midseason since he is the only post player we have who has ANY history of being a strong rebounder.

NormanPride
10/26/2010, 01:55 PM
I'm pumped about this season. Every win will be a pleasant surprise! And if we manage to beat someone soundly? Well, that's reason to drink oneself into a celebratory stupor!

fwsooner22
10/26/2010, 02:54 PM
And if we manage to beat someone soundly? Well, that's reason to drink oneself into a celebratory stupor!

So will getting drummed by 30. Let's hope it's your scenario.

I want to be able to watch ballgames not blowouts. Please just play your buns off. I want that.

badger
10/26/2010, 03:18 PM
Cade is the face of our team... It's going to be a long year

At least he has a cute face :hot:

yankee
10/26/2010, 05:03 PM
Blair
Pledger
Davis
Clark
Fitz

I think Blair will start the season...but I wouldn't be surprised to see Newell take over sometime during the season. I think we got a real diamond in the rough there. We're pretty undersized at the post...so it really depends on who we're playing. Clark is 6-6...but he's 190. Nick Thompson and CJ Washington will probably see good amounts of PT at the 4/5. If Pledger continues to struggle, I wouldn't be surprised to see TJ Taylor take his place.

stoopified
10/27/2010, 01:35 PM
Blair
Pledger
Davis
Clark
Fitz

I think Blair will start the season...but I wouldn't be surprised to see Newell take over sometime during the season. I think we got a real diamond in the rough there. We're pretty undersized at the post...so it really depends on who we're playing. Clark is 6-6...but he's 190. Nick Thompson and CJ Washington will probably see good amounts of PT at the 4/5. If Pledger continues to struggle, I wouldn't be surprised to see TJ Taylor take his place.According to Capel(radio interview KREF) TJ has missed a lot of practice time so far(concussion among other issues) and is behind the ball.Newell is reputed to be a big scorer and could see time at the #2.

badger
10/27/2010, 02:43 PM
Cade the hottie is still my favorite player, but after reading this (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101027_92_B5_CUTLIN282025), I think Cam Cam might be #2 :)

Asked if he felt any expectations that came with being the most celebrated of OU's nine newcomers, Clark said, "Nah, I don't
think so. I'm just here to play hard every possession and do what I can to get better every day."

Luckily for the Sooners, that's exactly what he's been doing.

"I love his attitude and his approach to trying to become a very good player," coach Jeff Capel said.

Scott D
10/27/2010, 02:55 PM
obligatory we have enough bodies to have a depth chart? :pop:

badger
10/27/2010, 03:45 PM
obligatory we have enough bodies to have a depth chart? :pop:

lulz, but did you see all of the tall chicks Sherri brought in during the offseason? The womens team definitely does not have enough playing time for all of them, so if the depth chart (wink wink) gets a little bit too shallow (wink wink) then you can probably get a few tall chicks on loan from the other side of LNC :D

ouleaf
10/27/2010, 04:47 PM
lulz, but did you see all of the tall chicks Sherri brought in during the offseason? The womens team definitely does not have enough playing time for all of them, so if the depth chart (wink wink) gets a little bit too shallow (wink wink) then you can probably get a few tall chicks on loan from the other side of LNC :D

^^^
Boo this post

badger
10/27/2010, 04:56 PM
I know - silly thought picturing a few of the women playing for the men's team... but I wonder --- think our teams ever scrimmage against each other, just for fun?

Scott D
10/27/2010, 05:02 PM
^^^
Boo this post

clearly she and I were being funny...come in off the ledge leaf :D

badger
10/27/2010, 05:05 PM
clearly she and I were being funny...come in off the ledge leaf :D

I publicly acknowledge what everyone here already knows - I am not funny :(

On a serious note, I am very excited for both team's upcoming seasons, if for no other reason than not knowing what to expect.

NormanPride
10/27/2010, 05:28 PM
I can watch blowouts if the team is working hard. Kansas may whip us in ways new and profound, but if we're giving all our effort then I can take the lumps.

This year.

Big 8
10/29/2010, 12:02 PM
I can watch blowouts if the team is working hard. Kansas may whip us in ways new and profound, but if we're giving all our effort then I can take the lumps.

This year.

But if we had a decent and conscientious coaching staff it would have never come to this. Capel should have been shown the door a long time ago so a real coach could start building the program back up from the depths Capel let it sink to.