PDA

View Full Version : Weather for the game!

TigerFan4Life
10/20/2010, 04:28 PM
This could/probably will change but as of now here is the prediction.

http://kmiz.com/weather/blogentry.php?id=2106

BillyBall
10/20/2010, 04:29 PM
Mizzou wanted us to be their homecoming game???? WTF? Isn't that why we have Iowa State and Baylor in our conference?

Mississippi Sooner
10/20/2010, 04:30 PM
Mizzou wanted us to be their homecoming game???? WTF? Isn't that why we have Iowa State and Baylor in our conference?

I wondered about that, too. Why would you schedule a traditional power for your homecoming game? That's supposed to be an easy win to send the folks home happy.

TigerFan4Life
10/20/2010, 04:31 PM

Big time day against a big time opponent = A GREAT DAY!

SoonerJack
10/20/2010, 04:47 PM
Oh, over on tigerboards, they are ripping GK right and left for his comment about the wisdom of MU scheduling OU for homecoming. Something about OU being disrespected by being cast as a homecoming opponent.

Don't go look. Your intelligence will drop by ten points.

Glad the rain is supposed to hold off though.

yukonsooner
10/20/2010, 04:51 PM
I wondered about that, too. Why would you schedule a traditional power for your homecoming game? That's supposed to be an easy win to send the folks home happy.

Remember they have us circled on their schedule. They have no doubt that they will win and all will go home happy. I wonder if the theme of their homecoming is fairy tales?

KantoSooner
10/20/2010, 05:08 PM

Heroin on top of peyote. It's what's for their breakfast.

sendbaht
10/20/2010, 06:01 PM
MissiOU is into pain.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2010, 06:03 PM
it'll be 72 degrees at game time for me

yankee
10/20/2010, 08:03 PM
Oh, over on tigerboards, they are ripping GK right and left for his comment about the wisdom of MU scheduling OU for homecoming. Something about OU being disrespected by being cast as a homecoming opponent.

buncha idiots on that board. i let them know it, and i got banned. :D

that makes me 2 for 2 on opposing team message board bannings, the week we play that team. the other one was shag. if (when) we win saturday, i think i'll have to continue this trend. ON TO COLORADO!!!!

DenverSooner751
10/20/2010, 09:16 PM
Heroin on top of peyote. It's what's for their breakfast.

LOL, love it.

OK2U
10/20/2010, 09:22 PM
I think a rainy night would be good for the Sooners, because Mizzou doesn't have a have a very good run game.
Take away the pass and they've got nothing...

Hand that wet ball off to Murray and Madu all night and play good defense.

MyT Oklahoma
10/20/2010, 11:11 PM

Don't forget KU too. ;)

agoo758
10/21/2010, 01:39 AM
buncha idiots on that board. i let them know it, and i got banned. :D

that makes me 2 for 2 on opposing team message board bannings, the week we play that team. the other one was shag. if (when) we win saturday, i think i'll have to continue this trend. ON TO COLORADO!!!!

Your post put me in the mood for some chips and vanilla coke.....:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

bent rider
10/21/2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMZ4amjbqhU

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2010, 09:19 AM

OSU has nebraska as a homecoming game...Weird

OK2U
10/21/2010, 11:40 AM

Former Oklahoma defensive tackle and current Tampa Bay Buc Gerald McCoy predicts a beatdown Saturday, when the Sooners travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers.
McCoy took exception to the Sooners being scheduled as the Tigers' homecoming opponent. The "honor" traditionally is bestowed on a team that can provide an easy victory.
"That's a given. It's Oklahoma," McCoy said on a conference call with Rams beat writers. "The reason I know we're going to win is because it's like a slap in the face to schedule your homecoming with us coming into town. It's like 'we're going to blow them out.'"
McCoy was the first-round pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, whom the Rams will face Sunday.

_

TigerNuts
10/21/2010, 01:56 PM

Guys, once and for all, we didn't "schedule" you for Homecoming. The conference sets the schedule. We had two games to pick from in October, CU and OU. CU was too early and was the first conference game which is never homecoming (at MU, at least). That left OU. Same thing last year with UT. Do you honestly think we'd pick UT and OU in back-to-back years for Homecoming if we had a choice?

You may want to send a link to this thread to Gerald McCoy. Apparently, he doesn't understand scheduling either.

GKeeper316
10/21/2010, 02:01 PM
OSU has nebraska as a homecoming game...Weird

ya but they'll probably win...

neb aint all that. * beat em on their own field.

steve77
not to be confrontational, but you do realize homecoming game should be A) after a road game B) in good weather. The game Saturday is Mizzou's only home October game after a road game. Our next road game is in November against K-State. And since November weather in Missouri can be terrible, wouldn't you hold it in October too? And since Mizzou nor OU actually create the schedules, you guys are way off base in your pointless argument.

OU_Sooners75
Guys, once and for all, we didn't "schedule" you for Homecoming. The conference sets the schedule. We had two games to pick from in October, CU and OU. CU was too early and was the first conference game which is never homecoming (at MU, at least). That left OU. Same thing last year with UT. Do you honestly think we'd pick UT and OU in back-to-back years for Homecoming if we had a choice?

You may want to send a link to this thread to Gerald McCoy. Apparently, he doesn't understand scheduling either.

LOL

The conference tells you who you are going to play each year in conference play.

They do not pick the dates. Hence the reason OU and OSU has bounced back and forth on Thanksgiving Weekend games.

But as far as Homecoming, the conference does not tell any teams when their Homecoming games are to be played and whom it shall be against.

Missouri picked Oklahoma has their Homecoming game. They could have chose Kansas State later in the year or even Colorado.

But nice try!

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 02:03 PM
not to be confrontational, but you do realize homecoming game should be A) after a road game B) in good weather. The game Saturday is Mizzou's only home October game after a road game. Our next road game is in November against K-State. And since November weather in Missouri can be terrible, wouldn't you hold it in October too? And since Mizzou nor OU actually create the schedules, you guys are way off base in your pointless argument.

Pointless?

Homecoming does not have to come after a road game. But it usually does. Maybe if you guys wouldnt schedule scrubs for your non-conference schedule, you would have more road games.

However, if Weather is an issue, then why dont all homecoming games come in September then? The weather is nicer then.

Anyway, tool, the school is the one that determines homecoming, not the schedule.

TigerNuts
10/21/2010, 02:05 PM
The conference tells you who you are going to play each year in conference play.

They do not pick the dates.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1522978

See any dates on those schedules?

November is too late for homecoming (our next home game). CU was too early.

So, you (like McCoy) think we picked UT last year and OU this year b/c we thought it would be an easy win? This has to be a joke.

oudavid1
10/21/2010, 02:06 PM
If it rains we have the better oline and running game, not to mention are bread and butter the short pass, so either way i feel ok. OUr defense is better too. IMHO

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 02:09 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1522978

See any dates on those schedules?

November is too late for homecoming (our next home game). CU was too early.

So, you (like McCoy) think we picked UT last year and OU this year b/c we thought it would be an easy win? This has to be a joke.

The Athletic department and school is the one that chooses the game to be considered homecoming, not the conference.

Colorado was not too early...it just so happened to be the last in-state game Missouri plaed before their first true road game to A&M.

I understand perfectly why OU is your homecoming. and it is because of the time of year and your after a road game (hence the name).

However, you cannot sit there and tell me with a straight face, that the school admins could not have picked a different team each year!

In reality though, it makes great sense why they choose the games they did for their homecoming.

1. It is homecoming, the students and fans are usually upbeat and rabid for it.
2. It is against a top opponent. More reason to be even crazier.
3. It is a chance have a memorable Homecoming. Win, you are teh talk of the nation. Lose, well, you were suppose to lose.

As I said, do not sit there and try to convince me or anyone else here that Missouri had no choice in who they could have played for Homecoming!

TigerNuts
10/21/2010, 02:13 PM
As I said, do not sit there and try to convince me or anyone else here that Missouri had no choice in who they could have played for Homecoming!

That isn't the point. The point is, OU was not chosen b/c we thought they were a "patsy" and all this fabricated disrespect OU has drummed up over the topic is ridiculous.

It was a good choice (not the only one) for all the reasons you mentioned and I have no problem with it. Homecoming has always been as close as possible to the middle of October, preferably after a road game. The fact that UT and OU landed there these last two years is coincidence, nothing more.

oudavid1
10/21/2010, 02:15 PM
That isn't the point. The point is, OU was not chosen b/c we thought they were a "patsy" and all this fabricated disrespect OU has drummed up over the topic is ridiculous.

It was a good choice (not the only one) for all the reasons you mentioned and I have no problem with it. Homecoming has always been as close as possible to the middle of October, preferably after a road game. The fact that UT and OU landed there these last two years is coincidence, nothing more.

I agree with the nutstiger, argument over.

But nuts, tell your governess to make another stupid video, that shizz is so funny.

TigerNuts
10/21/2010, 02:17 PM
I agree with the nutstiger, argument over.

But nuts, tell your governess to make another stupid video, that shizz is so funny.

Guess I missed that one. But, our politicians are morons just like everyone else's. See: Jay Nixon's comments regarding the Big 10.

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2010, 02:20 PM

I dont think you will ever see me with a post even suggesting what you just said...but nice try.

But you are the one that came here saying the conference is the one that makes the schedule, which is not entirely true either. They tell you who you are to schedule (the three non-divisional schools), and where...but not the dates.

The dates are set between the schools and the availability of the schools, not the conference.

And homecoming can be any damn home game that the administration chooses.

But I am not against us as homecoming opponent. I do not think it shows any disrespect at all.

When I played, I was happy to go into an opponents homecoming and ruin their homecoming!

bent rider
10/21/2010, 04:38 PM

So who does Iowa State and Baylor schedule for homecoming? North Tejas?

answering my own question for 2010...
ISU: Kansas
Baylor: Read this page and tell me who they are playing this year...
http://www.baylor.edu/homecoming/index.php?id=73728

[hint, click on tickets] Looks like K-State

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 04:50 PM
So who does Iowa State and Baylor schedule for homecoming? North Tejas?

answering my own question for 2010...
ISU: Kansas
Baylor: Read this page and tell me who they are playing this year...
http://www.baylor.edu/homecoming/index.php?id=73728

[hint, click on tickets] Looks like K-State

It's Kansas State.

bent rider
10/21/2010, 06:04 PM
It's Kansas State.

I found it hilarious the opponent is not named on the "football" page of the homecoming guide.

bent rider
10/21/2010, 06:06 PM
The best part about homecomingate is that the Sooners will be on hand to judge the Homecoming Mustache Contest among the Tiger Cheerleaders.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 06:16 PM
I found it hilarious the opponent is not named on the "football" page of the homecoming guide.

Why is that funny?

Whet
10/21/2010, 06:17 PM
From the Weather Channel:

Saturday: Variable clouds with showers and scattered thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. High 76F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
:(

fossil
10/21/2010, 07:08 PM

:P That Tiger Board has a very high degree of suckage! Most disorganized thing I ever saw.

SoonerBacker
10/21/2010, 07:34 PM
Oh, and just so you'll know, TigerNuts, Homecoming has nothing to do with the team coming off of a road game! The term "HOMECOMING" refers to the alumni of the university coming back for a visit and a game! Therefore, homecomng games CAN be played the week after another home football game!