PDA

View Full Version : Boz on Blake

TahoeSOONER
10/20/2010, 11:20 AM
The Sooner are cheaters mantra is in full effect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5704064

budbarrybob
10/20/2010, 11:21 AM
Least we "exported" our cheating :D

TahoeSOONER
10/20/2010, 11:23 AM
If you read some of the comments people are hammering OU, saying we're next for probation.

Thank god we got Stoops where this kind of **** just doesn't fly.

MichiganSooner
10/20/2010, 11:47 AM
The article does not say when Blake did the introduction to the agent. Was it in the middle of the season or after the bowl game?

yermom
10/20/2010, 11:51 AM
it sounded like it was when the Boz was a sophomore from the other link. i haven't read that one

any college that hires Blake now deserves what they get

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking that the NCAA isn't super-concerned about launching an investigation regarding stuff that happened under a different coach over a decade ago.

Soonermagik
10/20/2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm beyond upset at the Boz. He has proven to be an attention whore and his antics made the university look terrible.

The truth is 100% of big time programs have been invovled in these types of deals. It's another thing to come out and confirm it. What good would this do for OU?? I'm sure people at the school are livid with him and rightfully so.

Dale Rich
10/20/2010, 11:59 AM
The Boz is a legend, leave him alone.

Fraggle145
10/20/2010, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm beyond upset at the Boz. He has proven to be an attention whore and his antics made the university look terrible.

The truth is 100% of big time programs have been invovled in these types of deals. It's another thing to come out and confirm it. What good would this do for OU?? I'm sure people at the school are livid with him and rightfully so.

I doubt they give a ****. The statue of limitations has passed and Boo burned all his recruiting records when he left anyway.

Boz is doing this to get more dirt out there on Wichard, whom he is currently suing, for losing him a couple million dollars.

Soonermagik
10/20/2010, 12:00 PM

OU is a legend that the Boz should have left alone. I'm taking off the glasses for this one. What did he or the university have to gain from throwing their name in the mud?:mad:

Soonermagik
10/20/2010, 12:02 PM
I doubt they give a ****. The statue of limitations has passed and Boo burned all his recruiting records when he left anyway.

Boz is doing this to get more dirt out there on Wichard, whom he is currently suing, for losing him a couple million dollars.

So, he does have something to gain. He's trying to destroy Wichard's name for his suit. Now I understand why he did it. I'm still sure the University doesn't appreciate the mud thrown their way for his gain.

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 12:07 PM
Boz is always so careful to avoid the spotlight.

StoopTroup
10/20/2010, 12:10 PM
You can be upset all you want but I think most folks will agree that right now...no matter what you've done in the past....the thing that seems to be the most popular is "TELLING THE TRUTH!". Having someone expose you later with solid facts and testimony hurts your image a lot more than telling the truth.

I think Mark McGwire would have told the truth along time ago after the ordeal he's gone through.

Barry Bonds will someday just burst into flames someday IMO.

The coolest thing is that Boz was a player and later got his **** together. Blake is a guy who has been out of control for a long time and now it's all coming down on him. If I had been involved with Blake and folks were investigating me and the time I was around him....I think i'd be pretty smart to just confirm how badly Blake enticed you to do stuff that was wrong.

Blake's the guy thats really done all the bad stuff IMO.

It's got to be karma whacking Blake in the Skull. I was a season ticket holder through the years he was Head Coach and I feel a lot more angst for Blake than I do any old player that got caught up in some of Blake's bad tactics.

Blake has hurt more than just OU. He should be the poster child for how not to be a recruiter. Dude needs some therapy....what he'll probably get is a book deal and that pisses me off more than anything else.

Fraggle145
10/20/2010, 12:15 PM
So, he does have something to gain. He's trying to destroy Wichard's name for his suit. Now I understand why he did it. I'm still sure the University doesn't appreciate the mud thrown their way for his gain.

I agree with ST. It really isnt mud, it is just the truth. Its from 20 years ago. Also it doesnt have to do with taking money. Which even Luchs said in his original article at SI was something Wichard didnt do.

As we learned with the Brett Rhomar situation vs. the SUC investigations the truth will set you free, the lies = PIITB.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that the NCAA isn't super-concerned about launching an investigation regarding stuff that happened under a different coach over a decade ago.

I don't think they can.

StoopTroup
10/20/2010, 12:30 PM
can what?

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2010, 12:30 PM
Blake has hurt more than just OU. He should be the poster child for how not to be a recruiter. Dude needs some therapy....what he'll probably get is a book deal and that pisses me off more than anything else.

He should be a poster child for affirmative action.

badger
10/20/2010, 12:33 PM
Not hatin' on Boz, but I'd rather he wouldn't have joined in this agent/runner melee while it's a hot story.

cccasooner2
10/20/2010, 12:40 PM
The statue of limitations has passed and Boo burned all his recruiting records when he left anyway.

If we ever get a chance to face the Smurfs in the BCS CCG, I hope we beat them with a statue of limitations play made in honor of Boz. :cool:

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure that there's a statute of limitations on NCAA's private enforcement of their internal rules. The NCAA isn't a state actor.

Flagstaffsooner
10/20/2010, 01:13 PM
Is I recall, wasnt Boz's dad his primary agent?

badger
10/20/2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure that there's a statute of limitations on NCAA's private enforcement of their internal rules. The NCAA isn't a state actor.

Four years, with exceptions for ongoing open cases. It came up in the SI article, saying that all of the athletes mentioned in the article wouldn't face NCAA scrutiny, nor their schools, because of that statue of limitations... to quote the article:

Neither the schools nor the players in this story are likely to face NCAA scrutiny. The NCAA has a four-year statute of limitations on violations, and the most recent violation alleged by Luchs occurred in 2005. There are exceptions to the statute, but none appear applicable.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html#ixzz12vNnU13y

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2010, 01:24 PM
Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

Soonermagik
10/20/2010, 01:24 PM
I agree with ST. It really isnt mud, it is just the truth. Its from 20 years ago. Also it doesnt have to do with taking money. Which even Luchs said in his original article at SI was something Wichard didnt do.

As we learned with the Brett Rhomar situation vs. the SUC investigations the truth will set you free, the lies = PIITB.

I can understand that. However, why volunteer information you haven't been asked? If he was directly asked then I can understand not wanting to lie. I'm just wondering if it would have ever come up.

I hardly doubt he was saying this stuff to clear his conscience, or to be transparent. It's obvious that he has a motive to destroy Wichard's name for monetary gain. Oh well.. what's done is done.

OUthunder
10/20/2010, 01:26 PM
John Blake has done more harm to OU Football than just about anyone that I can remember off the top of my head. We all knew that the Boz was on the take, think of him what you will, but I have always respected the guy. Kinda like him more now, than ever.

soonerhubs
10/20/2010, 01:49 PM
Did Blake burn the recruiting records because they were tainted with his misdeeds? Just a thought...

Soonerwake
10/20/2010, 01:54 PM
What if Blake comes out and "tells the truth"? What if he names names, tells stories, gives details, etc. about things that happend in his time at OU???

I think we all agree that things were different in the 70's, 80's, and 90's in college football. I saw some of it with my own eyes. But, I believe that that behavior was pretty much the norm in college football those days. I fear that Blake will squeal like the pig he is when things get tough. And, he will take great pleasure in dragging OU through the mud. :mad:

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2010, 01:59 PM
I can understand that. However, why volunteer information you haven't been asked? If he was directly asked then I can understand not wanting to lie. I'm just wondering if it would have ever come up.

They are probably calling all of Wichard's contacts and asking them. It's part of the media investigation into Blake and UNC.

Soonerfan88
10/20/2010, 04:30 PM
Hmm...Blake is being investigated about his dealing with Wichard. Boz was at OU while Blake was a GA. Boz signed with Wichard. It is therefore not a stretch of logic to think that Boz might have been called by the NCAA &/or others about Blake's involvement in his dealings to Wichard.

If I were Boz, S. Alexander, or any of the others concerned, I would honestly answer their questions with no hesitation. The only one to blame in this mess is Blake and I hope he is never invited back to OU for even alumni events.

Taxman71
10/20/2010, 04:44 PM
Rest assured, Blake will write a tell-all book in a minute if it makes him any cash. I just feel for the poor editor having to proof it...

TahoeSOONER
10/20/2010, 04:58 PM
I love the king and understand the sign of the times argument but these kind of stories give me a head ache.

Oklahoma runs a hell of a clean program right now, at least all I know, and I'd like for the National perception to remain positive.

Time and place Boz, time and place.

Crimson Kid
10/20/2010, 06:11 PM

This!!

Jealous fans allways looking for a rope to hang us with. Get over it you morons it happened a long long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. :D

Outopia
10/20/2010, 07:42 PM
Rest assured, Blake will write a tell-all book in a minute if it makes him any cash. I just feel for the poor editor having to proof it...

Stop....Stop....:pop:

AlbqSooner
10/20/2010, 07:56 PM

If he explains the Twister mat on the sideline I might buy the book.:D

oumartin
10/20/2010, 08:08 PM
lets just give Stephen Alexander a free pass shall we

SoFla Sooner
10/20/2010, 08:09 PM

Yeah....not so much.

Dale Rich
10/20/2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah....not so much.

Yeah....... so much.

Shakadoodoo
10/20/2010, 09:09 PM
He should be a poster child for affirmative action.http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xiVhM0BA0y8/0.jpg

tulsaoilerfan
10/20/2010, 09:21 PM
All Boz said was Boo was the one that introduced him to Wichard, wasn't it? I haven't seen anything yet where Boz claimed to have taken any $ from him

GottaHavePride
10/20/2010, 09:43 PM
John Blake has done more harm to OU Football than just about anyone that I can remember off the top of my head.

Even Schnellenberger?

HEh. I LOVE that filter.

bluedogok
10/20/2010, 10:39 PM
What if Blake comes out and "tells the truth"? What if he names names, tells stories, gives details, etc. about things that happend in his time at OU???

I think we all agree that things were different in the 70's, 80's, and 90's in college football. I saw some of it with my own eyes. But, I believe that that behavior was pretty much the norm in college football those days. I fear that Blake will squeal like the pig he is when things get tough. And, he will take great pleasure in dragging OU through the mud. :mad:
It wouldn't surprise me if he were to embellish or just make **** up in that case.

King Barry's Back
10/21/2010, 04:03 AM

Is he? Geghis Kahn is a legend too.

soonerchk
10/21/2010, 09:46 AM
I love the king and understand the sign of the times argument but these kind of stories give me a head ache.

Oklahoma runs a hell of a clean program right now, at least all I know, and I'd like for the National perception to remain positive.

Time and place Boz, time and place.

In all fairness to Boz, everyone already hates us anyway, so I'm not sure him spouting off will make any difference. The program is clean now, but too many people prefer to remember Charles Thompson and some of our other special players.

BoomerJack
10/21/2010, 09:59 AM

I tend to agree that logically, the NCAA shouldn't be too concerned about this. But since when can we expect them to exercise cognitive reasoning when it concerns Univ. of Okla. football??

Leroy Lizard
10/21/2010, 10:07 AM
They're only trying to corroborate stories about Blake regarding the UNC program. The NCAA is not investigating OU.