PDA

View Full Version : Boise paper

soonerscottd
10/20/2010, 01:21 AM
I live in Idaho and here is what is being said about our Sooners in Boise. This is the first article on the new BCS poll, at the bottom people are allowed to put in messages. I am hoping OU get's in the the NCG and they give the gift to Boise to play. I'd love to see OU destroy Boise.

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2010/10/17/bmurphy/espn_bcs_expert_oklahoma_no_1_bcs_standings_boise_ state_no_3

soonercastor
10/20/2010, 01:30 AM
LOL they're still clinging to that '07 win, can't blame 'em that's the win that made them relevant.

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/010haters.jpg

yermom
10/20/2010, 01:34 AM
if Boise Doesn't like it, then they should have begged the Pac10 to let them in, or try to get into the Big 12

beating up on some mid-major conference every year only worked for BYU that one time that i know of

Sooner_Tuf
10/20/2010, 02:21 AM
Shattuck High School lost a game last year in the playoffs ending their 93 game win streak. Yet they were never mentioned in the BCS. I think it is bias against teams that play in class C. It is pure bull****. All they can do is play the teams on their schedule. All they did for nine years was win and what do they get for it?

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2010, 03:41 AM
A lot of morons over there. None of them seem to know the first thing about the BCS, OU, or college football in general.

GKeeper316
10/20/2010, 03:54 AM
im so sick of boise i could ****ing puke. my poke boss wears boise **** all the time just because he knows it pisses me off.

soonerhubs
10/20/2010, 05:44 AM
I'm Waiting for that paper to write a story about how they turned down a series with Nebraska. They have no one to blame for their ****ty schedule but their own athletic director. Until they play someone that matters they should be happy to even be in a BCS Bowl and STFU.

prrriiide
10/20/2010, 06:06 AM
Major outbreak of the stoopids over there.

picasso
10/20/2010, 08:24 AM
If they want to be taken more seriously then they should move the school somewhere else.

Sooner_Tuf
10/20/2010, 08:26 AM
If they want to be taken more seriously then they should move the school somewhere else.

Newfoundland

yukonsooner
10/20/2010, 08:44 AM

Or have a grown up football field instead of the little blue pasture

Mad Dog Madsen
10/20/2010, 08:47 AM
A lot of morons over there. None of them seem to know the first thing about the BCS, OU, or college football in general.

^^^THIS. ...And I didn't even waste my time clicking on the link. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
10/20/2010, 08:50 AM
Shattuck High School lost a game last year in the playoffs ending their 93 game win streak. Yet they were never mentioned in the BCS. I think it is bias against teams that play in class C. It is pure bull****. All they can do is play the teams on their schedule. All they did for nine years was win and what do they get for it?

Nobody cares. Everyone knows Shattuck plays second fiddle to Class B juggernaut Laverne, REGARDLESS of the winning streak. :P

Soonersince57
10/20/2010, 08:54 AM
Or have a grown up football field instead of the little blue pasture

^^^ This too. I can't watch any of their games. Gives me vertigo or something.

soonersweetie
10/20/2010, 09:24 AM
I hate them with a passion! Almost more than tx, mainly because boise is just well, not a football school, no matter how hard they try. And obviously they aren't trying that hard when you look at their schedule.

sooner518
10/20/2010, 09:38 AM
I have no problems admitting that OU is far from a great team and that if we played Boise St 10 times on a neutral field, we'd probably lose 2 or 3 to them. Theyre a damn good team.

That said, their biggest win was a last minute, come-from behind win against Virginia Tech who subsequently went out the next week and lost to a D1AA school. Most of their games, Boise St has far superior talent to the their opposition. Its kinda like OU playing Iowa St. every game. Landry throws 4 incompletions the entire game (kinda sounds like Kellen Moore), their D doesnt sniff the endzone and our O line blows their guys off the ball the entire game. Thats like 90% of Boise games.

Then for the one big game a year they have, they play the "disrespect" card and come out with their hair on fire while the other team is somewhat disappointed to be playing against a mid-major team in the freakin Fiesta Bowl.

Boise legitimized themselves against one of OU's worst teams in the last decade. we played like absolute garbage for 3 quarters, and if not for 3 miracle plays in a span of 20 minutes, we beat them. But they pulled it off and good for them. Now they feel like they have bragging rights over us and every other BCS conference team and their fanbase is apparently obnoxious as hell about it.

I, for one, would love to see us play these guys in the NC game. I certainly like our odds against them alot more than I do against Bama. I think our team this year has a great attitude and they would come out with the right mindset against Boise. The only downside to playing them is that any national title won against Boise is not going to be seen as legit for alot of people.

But I'd love to crush their dreams and send them back to Boise. (which is a pretty nice town by the way ;) )

Mississippi Sooner
10/20/2010, 09:41 AM
It does my heart good to see a Boise State thread turn to some good Oklahoma 8-man smack.

Sooners78
10/20/2010, 09:53 AM
It does my heart good to see a Boise State thread turn to some good Oklahoma 8-man smack.

:pop: I prefer 8-man smack to the east-west smack that usually ensues.

Lott's Bandana
10/20/2010, 09:58 AM
:pop: I prefer 8-man smack to the east-west smack that usually ensues.

Norman and Moore should combine all their high schools into one, call themselves Morman and go kick some Jenks azz.

Like that?

Mad Dog Madsen
10/20/2010, 09:58 AM
They prolly still couldn't beat 'em! :D

CatfishSooner
10/20/2010, 10:31 AM
**** boise

tooslow
10/20/2010, 10:31 AM
If the Statue of Liberty play failed, everyone would be saying the exact same thing, with the exception of, "Boise almost beat OU in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl!!"

Boise fans saying they deserve anything based on a win that happened in the past is about like us saying OU deserves to go because we won it before in 2000. Of course, nobody here has mentioned that. ;)

PDXsooner
10/20/2010, 10:43 AM
Boise State was a junior college in the 70's.

soonersweetie
10/20/2010, 10:46 AM

This.

SoonerNutt
10/20/2010, 10:49 AM
If OU doesn't make it to the NC this year, I hope it's BSU and TCU.

Because if that happens, we'll have a playoff next year. If it takes BSU or TCU winning it all to make that happen, then I'm OK with that.

Otherwise, I could not care less about Boise and their ignorant fans. Small stadium, small fan-base, blue turf, no quality opponents, little donor money, desolate wasteland of a location. That program will go out with a fizzle before too long. They will make one wrong coaching hire, and it will be over. Getting it back will be next to impossible.

3rdgensooner
10/20/2010, 10:50 AM
wannabes gonna want

Mad Dog Madsen
10/20/2010, 10:53 AM
If OU doesn't make it to the NC this year, I hope it's BSU and TCU.

Because if that happens, we'll have a playoff next year. If it takes BSU or TCU winning it all to make that happen, then I'm OK with that.

Otherwise, I could not care less about Boise and their ignorant fans. Small stadium, small fan-base, blue turf, no quality opponents, little donor money, desolate wasteland of a location. That program will go out with a fizzle before too long. They will make one wrong coaching hire, and it will be over. Getting it back will be next to impossible.

If it takes Boise to win a National Championship just to get a playoff, I'd stick with the BCS. I don't ever wanna see Boise win it all... :mad:

bmjlr
10/20/2010, 11:13 AM
If it takes Boise to win a National Championship just to get a playoff, I'd stick with the BCS. I don't ever wanna see Boise win it all... :mad:

This^^^^! I hope they never win a championship!

budbarrybob
10/20/2010, 11:20 AM
I need a lobotomy after reading some of that thread...

TahoeSOONER
10/20/2010, 11:34 AM
I've never smiled so much after a OU loss in my life. It was down right creepy.

I thought it was cute they beat one of OUs worst teams, of Stoops tenure, with AD on it. Just how they did it after we got dominated for three straight QTRS.

It makes me laugh when people try to throw one of the most entertaining games in the history of CFB in our faces.

It sucks losing to them but I know when to tip my cap and move on. It's just a matter of time til' we get a shot at them again and Peterson will bring a well prepared team to play.

StoopTroup
10/20/2010, 12:29 PM
Boise can kiss my ***

badger
10/20/2010, 12:36 PM
I wish we had a playoff, even if it was a short one. We've had too many teams with undefeated (or exactly the same) records. Denying less of them the chance to compete against each other is a good thing.

Sure, Cincy would have been destroyed last year, but at least they'd have that chance. TCU or Boise would have had that chance also with a 4-team playoff for the top spot.

The best part is, they wouldn't have to add any games. They already do plus-one format. Top teams go to big bowls, and now two of the winners of those big bowls face off in the grand finale. Perfect!

Making it 6-team (think NFL wildcard), 8-team or 16-team is ri-dang-diculous, though. Anymore than four is a crowd and detracts from the regular season.

agoo758
10/20/2010, 12:41 PM
I will give props to one guy who completely shut a moron down in the comments section:

"Moron: Is this the same Oklahoma we beat in the Fiesta Bowl?

Other Guy: It's not the same Oklahoma we beat. There isn't one player from that team we played almost four years ago, so find a better argument than that."

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2010, 12:44 PM

No they weren't. The moved up in 1968. They were d2 in the 1970s.

PDXsooner
10/20/2010, 01:04 PM
No they weren't. The moved up in 1968. They were d2 in the 1970s.

Ok, they were a junior college until 1965, and didn't become a University until 1974. You get the point.

tfoolry
10/20/2010, 01:09 PM
http://felixsfinds.hypermart.net/kickinghorsetpweb.jpg

delhalew
10/20/2010, 04:24 PM
Reading those comments resulted in more brain damage than all of my past drug use and various head injuries combined.

Sooner_Tuf
10/20/2010, 04:55 PM
You can't run with the big boys unless you are one of 'em.