PDA

View Full Version : Since we love some beer threads, the worst beer is...

Boarder
10/19/2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp

1. Olde English 800.

Bad aftertaste, rancid mouth. Not fit for students, bums or the desperate for a drink. Nothing but horrible taste and booze. I am less of a person for having consumed this.

One small warning: Vet will not be a happy camper....

sooner_born_1960
10/19/2010, 10:20 PM
That's fine. More for us, right vet?

mgsooner
10/19/2010, 10:24 PM
Bull Ice is worse

Partial Qualifier
10/19/2010, 10:28 PM
This beer has become it’s own institution. High school dropouts and bums alike enjoy this malt, daily I am sure. Has a strange smell, almost like a strong **** soda. Flavor is filled with hints of goat urine and day old, in the sun cheese. This beer is useful when pouring one for the ’homies’ and that’s about all it’s good for. Don’t waste your 89 cents on this. Just ask a friend to punch you in the stomach after eating fresh dog **** and you’ll get the same effect and your breath will smell better.

:D

setem
10/19/2010, 10:42 PM
Bull****! 1st of all, Olde English is a malt liquor not a beer so rating it as the worst beer is stupid! 2nd, as a professional Edward 40 Hands player Olde E is quality malt liquor!

Mickey's is another favorite! My favorite 40 is not malt liquor but beer and that is 40oz Carta Blancas they sell in Texas. The best stuff on earth!

Evil Eye is the worst malt liquor I have ever had! When it comes in flavors you know it is **** in a bottle. The **** will make you blackout too!

Worst beer to me is Pigs Eye. It has a sweet taste to it that is reminiscent of vomit! I hate it more than anything in the world, I hate it even more than the bonghorns. I keep two cans on my computer desk to remind myself of how horrible it is! If I ever get so desperate that I have to drink those 2 beers I might as well take my 9mm and end it all! **** THAT ****! Olde E is the bomb!

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 10:48 PM
The worst beer I've ever had was St. Arnold's Christmas Ale. I mean it was beyond bad. My roommate picked up a 6-pack of the stuff. We both took about one drink and poured it out. The next night another friend came over and we offered him one...he took one drink and spit it out across the kitchen. It's that bad.

I was a trooper though -- months later we still had 3 bottles of the crap left and I finished off all 3 bottles. Can't let beer go to waste...even bad beer. I deserved a beer medal for downing that crap.

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 11:00 PM
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

If you have had it, you know I speak troof. If not, you're welcome for the warning.

GKeeper316
10/19/2010, 11:01 PM
pig's eye aint bad...

sapporo is by far the worst beer ive ever had.

mgsooner
10/19/2010, 11:06 PM
Olympia since being bought out by Pabst is pretty damn bad.

OUstud
10/19/2010, 11:23 PM
Keystone Ice is the absolute worst.

yankee
10/19/2010, 11:50 PM
steel reserve and milwaukee's best.

OhU1
10/20/2010, 12:56 AM
Schlitz Bull Ice is the worst. I've survived drinking two Old English 40 oz back in the day. However, Bull Ice is so bad even a drunk bum I knew from work back in the 80's couldn't take it.

Bull Ice is the only beer I've ever had that when I started drinking it I was still somewhat clear headed and involved in a conversation and before I finished I was staring into space and don't remember drifting into a catatonic state. I was sitting in my chair stunned :stunned: and still holding the bottle which had more than a 1/3 of the retched poison inside. I think my immune system shut down some of my voluntary nervous system to prevent me from drinking the remainder.

tommieharris91
10/20/2010, 01:05 AM
I would say warm Pit Bull Malt Liquor, but that's obviously malt liquor. Pissing that stuff into a cup and drinking it again would make it taste better.

olevetonahill
10/20/2010, 01:33 AM
That's fine. More for us, right vet?

Dayum Skippy Bro. Prolly just a bunch of Ghey, Liberal Dems. did all the votin anyway .:D

yermom
10/20/2010, 01:38 AM
Keystone, Coors, Natty Light and the Beast, i just can't get myself to drink

olevetonahill
10/20/2010, 01:40 AM
Keystone, Coors, Natty Light and the Beast, i just can't get myself to drink

****in SNOB :P

yermom
10/20/2010, 01:42 AM
there is just something about those beers, i mean Michelob Ultra, Bud Light, or High Life, i can drink

i forgot to mention Miller Lite. i can't stand that stuff either

SteelCitySooner
10/20/2010, 07:27 AM
Pittsburgh's own Iron City.. Just the thought gives me shivers...

Boomer.....
10/20/2010, 07:47 AM
We used to drink a 30 Stone a weekend night in highschool. Good times!

Boomer.....
10/20/2010, 07:49 AM
Too bad Minnesota's Brew isn't still around. It would rank pretty high.

Also, I don't agree that Bud Light is the worst of the domestics. I would rank it Bud Light>Miller Light>Coors Light

royalfan5
10/20/2010, 07:51 AM
Camo Silver Ice is the only beer I wouldn't drink again, and I've drank pretty much everything already nominated on this thread.

dwarthog
10/20/2010, 07:53 AM
pig's eye aint bad...

sapporo is by far the worst beer ive ever had.

Pig's Eye will give you a headache.

Drank a whole bunch of MGD one night, then a single Pig's eye, had a really bad headache the next morning... fair warning for other intrepid adventurers....

Breadburner
10/20/2010, 08:35 AM
Lone Star....Enuff said...!!!!

texaspokieokie
10/20/2010, 09:20 AM
red stripe = bad

JohnnyMack
10/20/2010, 09:24 AM
Bull****! 1st of all, Olde English is a malt liquor not a beer so rating it as the worst beer is stupid!

Malt liquor is in fact a beer.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2010, 09:38 AM
OE FOO!

Boomer.....
10/20/2010, 09:42 AM
red stripe = bad

Dead.

To.

Me.

Soonerwake
10/20/2010, 09:44 AM
As a person who will drink just about any thing that says "Beer" on the label, even I couldn't finish a Pig's Eye.

I can drink Lost Lake, Schlitz, Steel Reserve, heck, there are a few Natty tallboys in the fridge now. But that Pig's Eye stuff, whoa...:eek:

Soonerwake
10/20/2010, 09:45 AM
Dead.

To.

Me.

No kidding.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2010, 09:45 AM
schlitz malt liqua! no schlitz malt liqua?! how you gonna run a succetsful bitness wit no schlitz malta liqua?!

Mississippi Sooner
10/20/2010, 09:47 AM
Camo Silver Ice is the only beer I wouldn't drink again, and I've drank pretty much everything already nominated on this thread.

The whole Camo line is awful. Their only selling point, like with Steel Reserve 411, is their high alcohol content.

I drink a lot of Natty Light because I like the dry taste of it. I don't give a rat's *** what anybody else thinks about it, and the fact that it's one of the cheaper beers is just a bonus.

Bud Light, on the other hand, I really can't tolerate. It's not that it tastes "bad," but it has some kind of sweet aftertaste that I don't care for in a beer.

Condescending Sooner
10/20/2010, 09:52 AM
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

If you have had it, you know I speak troof. If not, you're welcome for the warning.

You shut your whore mouth. I loved that back ina day.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2010, 10:01 AM
Mickey's?

setem
10/20/2010, 10:12 AM
Malt liquor is in fact a beer.

So I guess it is a type of beer like a lager or stout?

Cheap beers I like to drink: Coors Original AKA Yellow Jacket, Coors Light, Natty and Lost Lake. I remember my days of Disk Golf and Natty...good times...good times!

Stroh's is my favorite cheap beer. 30 pack of hoes 3 pack of Stroh's!

Anybody had this stuff?

http://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/2264-0w0h0_Asahi_Breweries_Ltd_Asahi_Beer_From_Japan.jp g
I had one last Friday it was delicious!

I wish I had a few of these!

http://nohatnocattle.com/jibbajabba/050101-Carta-Blanca-1.jpg

texaspokieokie
10/20/2010, 10:58 AM
Dead.

To.

Me.

what's yer point ?

Boomer.....
10/20/2010, 11:00 AM
That your taste buds are screwed up.

texaspokieokie
10/20/2010, 11:04 AM
because i don't like red stripe ???

we went to jamaica & that's all they had. it really wasn't good.
it was all inclusive. we drank lotsa rum drinks.

JohnnyMack
10/20/2010, 12:53 PM

Yup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malt_liquor

Beer built for speed. Lots of adjuncts (corn & sugar) added to raise the alcohol content cheaply.

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 12:56 PM
My grandfather would drink something called Black Label. Pretty sure that's why I don't like beer.

JohnnyMack
10/20/2010, 12:57 PM
My grandfather would drink something called Black Label. Pretty sure that's why I don't like beer.

Girardin Black Label????

I love that ****!

http://shop.belgianshop.com/acatalog/GIRARDIN_GUEUZE_BLACK_LABEL_buy_Belgian_beer.JPG

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 01:05 PM
No, it was in a white can with a black label painted on it. Might have been Safeway brand or something. It was just foul.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/20/2010, 01:08 PM
http://40ouncebeer.com/extrapicts/generic.jpg

This?

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 01:11 PM
http://40ouncebeer.com/extrapicts/generic.jpg

This?

Surprisingly close. I think there might have been a little Scotsman on the label.

Boarder
10/20/2010, 01:14 PM
Surprisingly close. I think there might have been a little Scotsman on the label.
That was Scotch Buy, Safeway's private brand

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 01:15 PM

Winner!! The most disgusting stuff I have ever tasted!!

Mississippi Sooner
10/20/2010, 01:18 PM
I knew an English professor at East Central U. who would go to the liquor store and buy two six packs of that generic stuff every Friday afternoon. That thar is some bizarre behavior.

JohnnyMack
10/20/2010, 01:23 PM

http://beercansrus.com/mcart/images/scotchbuy.jpg

My Opinion Matters
10/20/2010, 01:31 PM
Heineken. Seriously, I've known too many faux beer snobs that consider it "good" beer. Same for Guinness. I would rather drink Miller High Life than either of those.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/20/2010, 01:40 PM
I like how Safeway associated cheap crap with the Scots.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/68948/1015153.gif

sooneron
10/20/2010, 02:18 PM
Black Label was made by Carling's-

http://www.heymabelblacklabel.com/id23.htm

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4274715632_de8c968d99_o.jpg

It was considered bottom of the barrel when I was in college- the pizza place that would actually deliver beer to the dorms would sell you a 12'er for 5 bucks. yeech! That stuff was pretty bad. Billy beer was pretty bad, as was JR's beer (never get a beer named for a tv personality!). Scotch Buy didn't really count as you would never expect it to be anything other than swill.

saucysoonergal
10/20/2010, 02:23 PM
Scotch buy tasted just like Pearl. They both weren't very good. Didn't Pearl have the word scramble under the lids?

sooneron
10/20/2010, 02:26 PM
yep. My mom, used to buy PEARL LIGHT. Ok, there's another entry for me...

*burp... gag

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 02:27 PM
Black Label was made by Carling's-

http://www.heymabelblacklabel.com/id23.htm

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4274715632_de8c968d99_o.jpg

It was considered bottom of the barrel when I was in college- the pizza place that would actually deliver beer to the dorms would sell you a 12'er for 5 bucks. yeech! That stuff was pretty bad. Billy beer was pretty bad, as was JR's beer (never get a beer named for a tv personality!). Scotch Buy didn't really count as you would never expect it to be anything other than swill.

I asked my brothers, and they said grandad drank the Safeway stuff everyday and the Black Label was if people were watching. Either way, it turned me off beer permanently.

He had much better taste in wine.:cool:

The
10/20/2010, 02:28 PM
I asked my brothers, and they said grandad drank the Safeway stuff everyday and the Black Label was if people were watching. Either way, it turned me off beer permanently.

He had much better taste in wine.:cool:

We should go for Jager shots again.

soonerchk
10/20/2010, 02:45 PM
We should go for Jager shots again.

The me of we has never gone for Jager shots with you. I think it has something to do with me not accepting any kind of beverage from you without a personal taster going first.

Mississippi Sooner
10/20/2010, 02:47 PM
Scotch buy tasted just like Pearl. They both weren't very good. Didn't Pearl have the word scramble under the lids?

Oh yeah. That's what we used to buy in high school because it was so cheap. It was a good indicator of how drunk you were by how difficult the puzzles were to solve.

TUSooner
10/20/2010, 03:31 PM
Heineken. Seriously, I've known too many faux beer snobs that consider it "good" beer. Same for Guinness. I would rather drink Miller High Life than either of those.

I have never liked Heineken. It tends to give me a headache - and that's after just 1 or 2. Actually, Heineken Light tastes better than Heineken.

I'm not a big fan of German beer in general EITHER [added for MyOpinionMatters :D ], except for the Oktoberfest beers, and Gordon Biersch Maerzen.

I drank 6something called Mai-ur-Bach recently and thought it was awful. High alcohol and a metallic taste like having large nail driven up your nose, thru your sinuses, and into your brain. I looked it up online and the critics were giving it pretty high scores; and nobody hated it like I did. So to each his own, fer sure

Half a Hundred
10/20/2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.beercankorner.com/graphics/bluediamond1102.gif

This stuff. Drank part of a 12 pack of this stuff in Broken Bow, back in 2004. I tasted a lot of things in this beverage, but none of them tasted like beer.

Mind you, I was in an unheated cabin in the mountains, with the temperature somewhere around 21 at the time. I miss undergrad.

My Opinion Matters
10/20/2010, 04:10 PM
I have never liked Heineken. It tends to give me a headache - and that's after just 1 or 2. Actually, Heineken Light tastes better than Heineken.

I'm not a big fan of German beer in general, except for the Oktoberfest beers, and Gordon Biersch Maerzen.

I drank 6something called Mai-ur-Bach recently and thought it was awful. High alcohol and a metallic taste like having large nail driven up your nose, thru your sinuses, and into your brain. I looked it up online and the critics were giving it pretty high scores; and nobody hated it like I did. So to each his own, fer sure

Heineken is actually Dutch, but nevertheless German beer as a rule is pretty damn overrated.

TUSooner
10/20/2010, 05:20 PM
Heineken is actually Dutch, but nevertheless German beer as a rule is pretty damn overrated.

I know Heineken is Dutch. Sheesh, I can read. :P I was just saying that I don't like German beer EITHER. But you're right, German beer is overrated. SO is Dutch beer for that matter. :D

texaspokieokie
10/20/2010, 05:22 PM
anyone remember "Progress" that was brewed in OKC ??? (i think)

i have a "progress" poster, that has 3 black guys playing cards on it.

mgsooner
10/20/2010, 06:09 PM
Schlitz Bull Ice is the worst. I've survived drinking two Old English 40 oz back in the day. However, Bull Ice is so bad even a drunk bum I knew from work back in the 80's couldn't take it.

Bull Ice is the only beer I've ever had that when I started drinking it I was still somewhat clear headed and involved in a conversation and before I finished I was staring into space and don't remember drifting into a catatonic state. I was sitting in my chair stunned :stunned: and still holding the bottle which had more than a 1/3 of the retched poison inside. I think my immune system shut down some of my voluntary nervous system to prevent me from drinking the remainder.

Post of the week

GottaHavePride
10/20/2010, 08:53 PM
German beer overrated? Yeah, Lowenbrau and crap like that is seriously overrated.

Spaten, though? I love their stuff - particularly Oktoberfest and Optimator.

Terrible beers? Moosehead was pretty bad. When PrideTrombone and I were roommates we would just buy beer we hadn't tried yet, and we had a Wall O' Beer, where we kept one empty from everything we tried, in order from worst to best. Pretty sure the bottom two we had were Fuller's London Porter and Moosehead.

MR2-Sooner86
10/20/2010, 09:01 PM
Bud Lite, Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Corona, Natty Lite, Keystone Lite, and pretty much anything you can get at your gas station that's 3.2 baptist beer. It's all watered down horse **** that isn't bad....when you first start drinking at 15 and don't know any better.

However, there is one beer that takes the award for utter **** beer. I'm talking about that vile spiked urine sample, Rolling Rock. I ****ing HATE Rolling Rock.

GottaHavePride
10/20/2010, 10:48 PM
However, there is one beer that takes the award for utter **** beer. I'm talking about that vile spiked urine sample, Rolling Rock. I ****ing HATE Rolling Rock.

I'll drink Rolling Rock before I drink Keystone.

Hell, I'll drink High Life Light before I drink Keystone.

GKeeper316
10/20/2010, 10:52 PM

stouts are lagers.

theres only 2 types of beer. lager and ale. the difference between the 2 is whether it was top or bottom fermented. the different recipes dictate its variety. stout falls under the lager shell because of its brewing process.

GKeeper316
10/20/2010, 10:54 PM
rule number one: never drink anything from canada. molson sucks. labatts sucks. crown royal sucks. seagrams seven sucks... etc. and ****

texaspokieokie
10/21/2010, 07:44 AM
anyone remember "Progress" that was brewed in OKC ??? (i think)

i have a "progress" poster, that has 3 black guys playing cards on it.

j guess you folks are all too young to remember "Progress" beer.

Boomer.....
10/21/2010, 08:00 AM
rule number one: never drink anything from canada. molson sucks. labatts sucks. crown royal sucks. seagrams seven sucks... etc. and ****

Mmmmmm.....

http://www.sparadvertising.com/img/packaging/CNHBeforeandAfter.png

OhU1
10/21/2010, 09:12 AM
stouts are lagers.

theres only 2 types of beer. lager and ale. the difference between the 2 is whether it was top or bottom fermented. the different recipes dictate its variety. stout falls under the lager shell because of its brewing process.

Stout is NOT a lager. Black lager such as "Beck's Dark" is a lager. Stout is an ale originating out of Ireland and the UK. I can't even think of a lager brewed in the UK. I've home brewed several stouts myself and the yeast used is ale yeast and the fermentation temperature is in the 60's rather than the 30's used for lager yeast.

Crucifax Autumn
10/21/2010, 11:45 AM
I drink that cheap *** ghetto High gravity malt liquor all the time and it hasn't done anything bad to me.

heh

LePetomaine
10/21/2010, 03:22 PM
Schaeffer Light -- "the one beer to drink when you're drinking more than one" (an actual advertising slogan). worked for the dug-out cooler in summer softball, though

C&CDean
10/21/2010, 03:43 PM
Y'all ain't old enough to remember bad beer.

Blatz. Buckhorn. Burgemeister (roll out the burgie, we'll have a barrell of fun....NOT). Narragansset (Nasty Naries up in the wicked pissah NE). Strohs (I used to bring Coors back to the East coast from Arizona and trade it for Strohs - what a ****ing idiot I was). Little Kings Ale. Mickey's Big Mouth. Schlitz.

I actually kinda liked Carling's Black Label. And anyone who thinks Guinness is "bad" beer is a dumbass. It's not great, but it's pretty dang good.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2010, 03:45 PM
Mmmmmm.....

http://www.sparadvertising.com/img/packaging/CNHBeforeandAfter.png

I heart you boomer..seriously..

just had flashbacks of being 17 and throwing up beside the hiway after drinking too much canadian hunter

Veritas
10/21/2010, 04:05 PM
I hate all non-beer flavored beers. Pumpkin, apricot, blueberry...ghey.

C&CDean
10/21/2010, 04:08 PM
I hate all non-beer flavored beers. Pumpkin, apricot, blueberry...ghey.

There's some Belgian beer named Framboue or something like that that makes strawberry and peach beer. They serve it at Abner's. It's really pretty dang good. Momma orders it (it's like $9.50 a pint) and I've had a sip or two.

soonerchk
10/21/2010, 04:27 PM
Anyone remember Malt Duck? Came in apple and grape I think?

Oldnslo
10/21/2010, 04:44 PM
If you'll drink it without loving it... just drink it without already having bought in to all the bull****, you'll discover that instead of being filled with Olde Charm and Such, it bears the unmistakable taste of panther **** having been filtered through burnt coffee and some Queen's sweat sox.

yes, I'm speaking of Guinness.

Condescending Sooner
10/21/2010, 05:06 PM
Anyone remember Malt Duck? Came in apple and grape I think?

I liked it. The chicks loved it. Get a couple of 6 packs and head to the drive in. Good times.

I tried finding it on the internet, and couldn't even find a reference.

OhU1
10/21/2010, 06:05 PM
There's some Belgian beer named Framboue or something like that that makes strawberry and peach beer. They serve it at Abner's. It's really pretty dang good. Momma orders it (it's like $9.50 a pint) and I've had a sip or two.

Sounds like Lindeman's Framboise Lambic. That is lambic style beer fermented with raspberries. The one fermented with peach is called pêche.

Lambic beer is probably the most exotic style of beer made. It's made only in Belgium and is fermented with wild yeast that drops in from the open air. Every other beer style is made with extreme care to keep outside wild yeasts and bacteria away (because most airborne yeasts and bacteria’s will spoil a batch of brew). Something about the yeasts native to where this stuff is made produces the lambic taste.

Lambic without the fruit is quite sour and has been described as smelling of "grass" and "horse blanket". :eek:

soonerchk
10/21/2010, 06:19 PM
I liked it. The chicks loved it. Get a couple of 6 packs and head to the drive in. Good times.

Yeah, that was good stuff. I'd probably wrinkle my nose in disgust now, but I sure loved it then!

GKeeper316
10/21/2010, 06:26 PM
try sam adams cranberry lambic... fall seasonal so it should be available somewhere. one of the best beers ive ever had

GDC
10/22/2010, 12:51 AM

http://www.fowlkesrealtyandauction.com/images/jarecki-malt-duck-sign.jpg

Blue
10/22/2010, 01:17 AM

G D Mutha Phuckin C!!!!!

The Myth, the Man , The Legend!

Leroy Lizard
10/22/2010, 01:20 AM
because i don't like red stripe ???

we went to jamaica & that's all they had. it really wasn't good.
it was all inclusive. we drank lotsa rum drinks.

Agreed. Red Stripe is pretty weak.

Leroy Lizard
10/22/2010, 01:22 AM
try sam adams cranberry lambic... fall seasonal so it should be available somewhere. one of the best beers ive ever had

Keep the fruit out of the beer.

Snap-E-Tom in beer is good, though.

C&CDean
10/22/2010, 08:20 AM
If you'll drink it without loving it... just drink it without already having bought in to all the bull****, you'll discover that instead of being filled with Olde Charm and Such, it bears the unmistakable taste of panther **** having been filtered through burnt coffee and some Queen's sweat sox.

yes, I'm speaking of Guinness.

OK Zima boy. Pipe down.

SoonerStormchaser
10/22/2010, 08:24 AM
I don't drink beer, and I never liked the taste...so I'm gonna answer the op and say ALL OF EM!
What do I win?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2010, 08:35 AM
Anybody ever had this doo doo? drank a lot of it in high school cuz it was cheap

http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/40/jamesbowie.jpg

Condescending Sooner
10/22/2010, 09:06 AM

That's not the same stuff we drank. It was made by McElhinny?

TexanSooner420
10/22/2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.beercankorner.com/graphics/bluediamond1102.gif

This stuff. Drank part of a 12 pack of this stuff in Broken Bow, back in 2004. I tasted a lot of things in this beverage, but none of them tasted like beer.

Mind you, I was in an unheated cabin in the mountains, with the temperature somewhere around 21 at the time. I miss undergrad.

12 of those and you couldn't see straight. What a cold pyromania filled night that was.

soonerchk
10/22/2010, 12:50 PM

YES!! It had bubbles!! Tasted a lot like grape nehi only it would get you drunk!!

Condescending Sooner
10/22/2010, 01:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heileman-Beer-Malt-Duck-Liquor-Sign-Crosse-WI-/360306161702

This is what the bottle looked like when we drank it. Made by the Heileman company.

OUthunder
10/22/2010, 02:08 PM
I had an Octoberfest that was made by the Brictown Brewery the other night. Took a few drink and that was it. I'd rather drink a PBR than that carp.

badger
10/22/2010, 02:59 PM
That Budweiser 55 crap is crap! There, that's my only contribution to this thread. Seriously though, stay away from that crap!

GDC
10/25/2010, 09:39 AM
That's not the same stuff we drank. It was made by McElhinny?

Is malt duck and cold duck the same thing?

I wanted to add, I was the designated driver at Oktoberfest Saturday, but I was still disappointed with the beer offerings, not much variety.

JohnnyMack
10/25/2010, 03:08 PM
Keep the fruit out of the beer.

Man you are wrong about so many things in your life.

Try this:

http://www.ohtsuki-saketen.com/Pictures/boxweb/05cantillon_lou_pepe_framboise75.jpg

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 03:15 PM
Is malt duck and cold duck the same thing?

I wanted to add, I was the designated driver at Oktoberfest Saturday, but I was still disappointed with the beer offerings, not much variety.

No they are different, but I have no idea what the difference is.

C&CDean
10/25/2010, 03:38 PM
No they are different, but I have no idea what the difference is.

One is spelled c-o-l-d and the other is spelled m-a-l-t. DOH! Even a ****in' hillbilly like me knows this one.

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 04:06 PM
This is tough. I've had some bad beers... But I think we need to categorize "bad"

1. Cheap and alcoholic - those beers that come for less than a dollar per can/bottle and are meant for mass consumption rather than savoring
Examples: anything from BMC, Keystone, Rolling Rock, etc

2. Offensive - beers that are so foul that their skunky flavors are simply undrinkable.
Examples: Pigs Eye, Steel Reserve, Malt Liquor

3. Hazardous - drink at your own risk.
Examples: Shiner before it went mainstream, "Beer" brand beer, anything JM enjoys

JohnnyMack
10/25/2010, 06:15 PM
3. Hazardous - drink at your own risk.
Examples: ...anything JM enjoys

No idea what this is gonna taste like. But what the hell!

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/553/haand.jpg