PDA

View Full Version : If it wasnt for Sam Bradford

oudavid1
10/19/2010, 08:20 PM
people would be going crazy for Landry right now.

-Bob Stoops on Landry Jones to close out his press conference today

I couldnt agree more.

Actual Quote,
"If it wasn't for Sam, people would be going crazy for Landry"

JLEW1818
10/19/2010, 08:21 PM
I'm glad the bar is set high.

oudavid1
10/19/2010, 08:23 PM
For me its, "If wasnt for Sammy B getting hurt, we wouldnt be so well off right now with LJ"

I didnt really think we could win it all last year anyway.

CrimsonRez
10/19/2010, 08:23 PM
Can't get much better than sammy b

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 08:25 PM
Just few minutes ago on "The Experts" on ESPNU theyhad some very good praise of LJ!

Belotti in fact has had high praise of Landry. But he does favor Kellen Moore more than LJ in the Heisman right now.

oudavid1
10/19/2010, 08:26 PM
Just few minutes ago on "The Experts" on ESPNU theyhad some very good praise of LJ!

Belotti in fact has had high praise of Landry. But he does favor Kellen Moore more than LJ in the Heisman right now.

ehhh i guess going off of stats you cant blame him. Not one bit.

Blue
10/19/2010, 08:29 PM
Landry is quickly becoming a fan favorite. It takes time though. We gotta get to know his personality, see him win some big games.

He's got all the tools though and the players around him to do something special for a couple of years.

swardboy
10/19/2010, 08:34 PM
There's a lot of focus on this weekend's game at Mizzou. Most of the love seems to me to be for Gabbert. Great opportunity for Landry to breakout for Heisman talk...if not this year certainly next.

But any kind of a win will make me happy.

Cornfed
10/19/2010, 08:36 PM
I remember what people thought of Sam after the Iowa state game his first year starting.

oudavid1
10/19/2010, 08:40 PM
Landry is quickly becoming a fan favorite. It takes time though. We gotta get to know his personality, see him win some big games.

He's got all the tools though and the players around him to do something special for a couple of years.

thats a really good point, never thought of that

OK2U
10/19/2010, 08:43 PM
ESPN rarely gives Landry any love.
They are still hung up on Sammy, too.
They're quick to anoint that USC QB anytime he throws for 300 yards and a couple TDs--a statistical average for Landry.
But as we continue to take more shots down field he'll shake the "System" tag and those dink-and-dunk after the catch heroics highlights will be replaced with deep shots, like that beauty he threw to Bryoles in the endzone last week.
...IMO...

OUthunder
10/19/2010, 08:48 PM
Who is Sam Bradford, never heard of him before.

tcrb
10/19/2010, 08:58 PM
Sam is one of my favorite Sooners of all time. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Landry's accomplishments eclipse Sam's before he leaves for the NFL.

Soonermagik
10/19/2010, 09:00 PM
Sam has it all. Jones may turn out to be really solid, but to compare him to Sam is unfair at this point.

85Sooner
10/19/2010, 09:29 PM
For me it is the DEFENSE. I want to see a killer, knock your hair back defense. I miss that.

soonerchk
10/19/2010, 09:31 PM
He's no Nate Hybl...

CrimsonJim
10/19/2010, 10:05 PM
Careful, you'll wake the Hybl crowd.

brian
10/19/2010, 10:11 PM
Sam is one of my favorite Sooners of all time. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Landry's accomplishments eclipse Sam's before he leaves for the NFL.

landry will break about every career passing record at ou because he will be a 4 year starter.

ouwasp
10/19/2010, 10:11 PM
For me it is the DEFENSE. I want to see a killer, knock your hair back defense. I miss that.

YES... I lookw fwd to the day when I can again enjoy the prospect of the Sooner D punishing the opposition... all game long. That is fun to watch. :)

CrimsonJim
10/19/2010, 10:23 PM
landry will break about every career passing record at ou because he will be a 4 year starter.

IF he keeps progressing at his current rate, I doubt he will be here his senior year. Before the hyenas start jumping on, notice I said "IF". ;) The kid has unlimited potential.

CatfishSooner
10/19/2010, 10:27 PM
Careful, you'll wake the Hybl crowd.

HYBL SUCKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Eielson
10/19/2010, 10:44 PM
I love how people think Sam is the one who set the bar so high for OU quarterbacks. Jason White DID win a heisman, and Josh Heupel DID win a National Championship.

Cornfed
10/19/2010, 10:46 PM
I love how people think Sam is the one who set the bar so high for OU quarterbacks. Jason White DID win a heisman, and Josh Heupel DID win a National Championship.

And Justin Fuente completed a pass.

CrimsonRez
10/19/2010, 10:58 PM

Isn't he that quarterback from some directional school in Putnam City? Doesn't matter...he'll never be anything anyway.

Blue
10/19/2010, 11:00 PM
And Justin Fuente completed a pass.

And Patrick Fletcher passed Algebra I.

oudavid1
10/19/2010, 11:04 PM
Isn't he that quarterback from some directional school in Putnam City? Doesn't matter...he'll never be anything anyway.

i went to that directional school, the need directions on how to coach

CrimsonRez
10/19/2010, 11:06 PM
i went to that directional school, the need directions on how to coach

Dude...weren't you the holder? Saw many a great hold from you my boy! Never let one by, All-Star Work my friend!

fbcoach98
10/19/2010, 11:34 PM
To me its not about his stats, yes landry has some pretty good stats. but he still locks on to one receiver, and makes some bad throws. but he is making progress.

GKeeper316
10/19/2010, 11:35 PM

some 3 star guy chuck long made us sign from pc north, i think.

yankee
10/19/2010, 11:36 PM
if it wasn't for oudavid, i'd like totally be the youngest one here omgggggg

The Maestro
10/20/2010, 09:31 AM
I didnt really think we could win it all last year anyway.

Back the truck up for just a minute...

So if we had a healthy Gresham and Sam you think we lose to BYU?

Miami?

We lost by 3 and had plenty of chances against Texas...the national runner up...the team that would have won the national title if their QB had not gotten hurt. Without Sam and Jermaine.

We could have very easily waltzed to the title if those two fellas had not gotten injured.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2010, 10:43 AM

Miami?

We lost by 3 and had plenty of chances against Texas...the national runner up...the team that would have won the national title if their QB had not gotten hurt. Without Sam and Jermaine.

We could have very easily waltzed to the title if those two fellas had not gotten injured.

Well I wouldn't say very easily. Remember Bradford got hurt because of inexperience on the oline. I think we make a run with a healthy oline and with Bradford and Gresham healthy!

oudavid1
10/20/2010, 11:25 AM
Dude...weren't you the holder? Saw many a great hold from you my boy! Never let one by, All-Star Work my friend!

That would be me!
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/oudavid1/SeniorNightHolder.jpg

and thats my awesome Kicker!
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/oudavid1/FootballKevin.jpg

if it wasn't for oudavid, i'd like totally be the youngest one here omgggggg

:D

Miami?

OUr Oline was terrible, we had Broyles and Gresham and Texas had a pretty good defense. I just didnt see it happening. Besides, the time Landry Got was so important, and Sam and Jermiane still went in round 1.