PDA

View Full Version : 'Barners make me laugh...

Frozen Sooner
10/19/2010, 07:56 PM
So, being here in Tuscaloosa at the only law school worth the name in the state of Alabama, I run into a lot of Auburn folks. Apparently, TSDTR realized a long time ago that their board of regents would never approve the amount of monetary outlay necessary for a law library, considering the vast majority of their students are unable to read.

Anyhow, said Auburn fans, since the release of the BCS standings a couple of days ago, feel compelled to talk about how "screwed" Auburn was in 2004 and how it's all OU's fault.

Oddly enough, when you point out to the average Plains goober that Auburn played a 1-AA team, they get huffy and say Auburn's strength of schedule that year was still better-a blatant falsehood.

When you point out to them that squeaking by Virginia Tech doesn't really give them a convincing claim to "belonging" in the national title game as clearly at least the second-best team in the country, they claim to have dominated a game they won by four points.

When you explain that no matter how proud they are of their win over VT, playing and losing in a national title game is still objectively superior to not being invited at all, they get angry and say they'd rather squeak by a team than get embarrassed. When you acknowledge that it's typical little brother behavior to say they'd rather not be invited than lose, they get flustered.

Finally, when you point out to them that it wasn't OU that kept them out of the BCS title game, and their ire should be directed towards the school that was using paid professionals on their team and should have been ineligible, they look at you uncomprehendingly.

Silly 'Barners. Wonder how they justify to themselves that they're winning because of the efforts of a kid so crooked Urban Meyer didn't want him on the team anymore.

tcrb
10/19/2010, 08:01 PM
They sound alot like aggies.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 08:03 PM
This thread should be locked and deleted!:D

Soonerwake
10/19/2010, 08:06 PM
My experience with Auburn fans has been eerily similar.

I would imagine our resident Bama fans would agree - aggie is aggie, no matter where you are.

C&CDean
10/19/2010, 08:07 PM
So, being here in Tuscaloosa at the only law school worth the name in the state of Alabama, I run into a lot of Auburn folks. Apparently, TSDTR realized a long time ago that their board of regents would never approve the amount of monetary outlay necessary for a law library, considering the vast majority of their students are unable to read.

Anyhow, said Auburn fans, since the release of the BCS standings a couple of days ago, feel compelled to talk about how "screwed" Auburn was in 2004 and how it's all OU's fault.

Oddly enough, when you point out to the average Plains goober that Auburn played a 1-AA team, they get huffy and say Auburn's strength of schedule that year was still better-a blatant falsehood.

When you point out to them that squeaking by Virginia Tech doesn't really give them a convincing claim to "belonging" in the national title game as clearly at least the second-best team in the country, they claim to have dominated a game they won by four points.

When you explain that no matter how proud they are of their win over VT, playing and losing in a national title game is still objectively superior to not being invited at all, they get angry and say they'd rather squeak by a team than get embarrassed. When you acknowledge that it's typical little brother behavior to say they'd rather not be invited than lose, they get flustered.

Finally, when you point out to them that it wasn't OU that kept them out of the BCS title game, and their ire should be directed towards the school that was using paid professionals on their team and should have been ineligible, they look at you uncomprehendingly.

Silly 'Barners. Wonder how they justify to themselves that they're winning because of the efforts of a kid so crooked Urban Meyer didn't want him on the team anymore.

So what are we gonna hear next? SEC! SEC! SEC!

You're killing me Froze.

C&CDean
I forgot the winky.

OU_Sooners75
Sounds like what we get from bpsu fans!

tommieharris91
10/19/2010, 08:08 PM
On another note, I've had a Florida fan tell me that they didn't lose to Ole Miss in 2008.

Blue
10/19/2010, 08:14 PM
Hay! I gradueted from Auburn. Bastard. ;). But you're right, when it comes to football, they're morons. Serious little brother complex.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 08:16 PM
Hay! I gradueted from Auburn. Bastard. ;). But you're right, when it comes to football, they're morons. Serious little brother complex.

We knew there was something wrong with you.