PDA

View Full Version : LSU, Alabama, Auburn

JLEW1818
10/19/2010, 06:41 PM
all still play each other.

Oregon @ USC in 2 weeks. USC off this week with extra time to prepare.

all i got for tonight.

i appreciated the 15 seconds of your time.

CatfishSooner
10/19/2010, 06:51 PM
gracias senor

tcrb
10/19/2010, 07:01 PM
And all OU has to do is WIN BABY WIN!

jumperstop
10/19/2010, 07:05 PM
We still have to play Mizzou, OSU and possibly Nebbish. Since we are #1 I'm not concerned about any of these other teams. Basically if we lose, were probably out of the NCG hunt. Win out!

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 07:26 PM
gracias senora

FIFY

Boomer.....
10/19/2010, 07:29 PM

all i got for tonight.

Bama and Auburn will both beat LSU.

JLEW1818
10/19/2010, 07:38 PM
Bama and Auburn will both beat LSU.

and Bama will beat Auburn :D

@ Bama

Blue
10/19/2010, 07:47 PM
Auburn could lose at Ole Miss.

Auburn is way overhyped. Cam newton is awesome but theyve gotten lucky to be unbeaten.

tcrb
10/19/2010, 07:57 PM
Bama will win the sec.

Frozen Sooner
10/19/2010, 08:00 PM
and Bama will beat Auburn :D

@ Bama

'Bama's not beating Auburn unless McElroy gets his **** figured out.

soonercastor
10/19/2010, 08:04 PM
'Bama's not beating Auburn unless McElroy gets his **** figured out.

Surprisingly he's played well this year.

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/19/2010, 08:27 PM

all i got for tonight.

Thank you, I almost climaxed. It was close, but still cigarette worthy.

Frozen Sooner
10/19/2010, 09:03 PM
Surprisingly he's played well this year.

McElroy? After watching every Alabama game so far this year, most of them in person, I heartily disagree. The last two games, he's held on to the ball WAY too long and he's taking sack after sack because of it. Beyond that, he's struggling a LOT throwing the ball over the middle. There were several times last week where Alexander was single covered by a gimpy midget on a slant and McElroy couldn't find him.

JLEW1818
10/19/2010, 09:27 PM
he held on way too long against the horns too.

dunno what the deal is with that? looks weird

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2010, 11:57 PM
a lot of young quarterbacks do..LJ does it sometimes if its not a quick pass play...

I thought he played well against South Carolina....

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2010, 07:14 AM
a lot of young quarterbacks do..LJ does it sometimes if its not a quick pass play...

I thought he played well against South Carolina....

He took 8 sacks. Maybe two of those were on the OL.

McElroy's a senior. I can forgive that in a freshman, but he's hardly a "young" QB by college standards.

AzianSooner
10/20/2010, 07:20 AM

all i got for tonight.

Goood info. Thanks.

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2010, 07:51 AM

McElroy's a senior. I can forgive that in a freshman, but he's hardly a "young" QB by college standards.

I found the 'Bama play calling weird in the 2nd half. After they got within 1 score of USCe, I assumed they would go to their power ground game with occasional play action. But they seemed to have fallen in love with the pass by then. They were getting lots of positive plays that way, but then a sack at a critical time would spoil the drive. Seemed very unbama-like.

goingoneight
10/20/2010, 08:38 AM
Saban's never had good QB play from what all I remember. That's really good news for his opponents, though. If he had a guy like Heupel on his staff, look out. That's why I didn't get why people were so critical of LJ last year. Outside of the game at Lincoln that we'd all agree Nebraska had more to say in that than LJ did, LJ as a freshman appeared to be a much better QB against the 'Horns D versus the guy who supposedly never lost a game and now has a MNC ring with no time to prepare during the week as Sam was back in as the one, LJ the two.
OUr QB might not make all the perfect plays at just tge right time, but even as a freshman under bad conditions, he was really good and still is. I love what Stoops keeps saying. He says if you put Sam aside for a moment and look at OU the last six years or so, he looks like the best since Jason White.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2010, 09:16 AM

He is a senior, but he's only has about 3 more starts than LJ has...Anymore with quarterbacks playing early, its not a lot for senior quarterback..

Maybe the pass plays are taking too long to develop, I dunno...Now Im gonna have to go look at the game to see how many sacks were on him

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2010, 09:36 AM
Not going through the whole game, I see that he did hold the ball too long a few times...I only watched 4 sacks, but of those first 4, I would say it was 2 and 2 on who was responsible..

I noticed that it was when the defense did a lot of shifting, he held the ball longer..if he wasn't sure what the backers were going to do.. BUT

20 sacks on 325 pass attempts last season.. 6.1 percent adjusted rate
21 sacks on 162 pass attempts this season..12.9 percent adjusted rate

2 things....He holds the ball too long at times and the Oline is not doing as good a job either...same quarterback

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2010, 09:42 AM
Part of the problem for him is the last two games his primary receiver has been basically sidelined with a broken hand.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2010, 09:44 AM
That definitely hurts...

Something is going on that they haven't been able to run the ball like they've wanted to either

jaux
10/20/2010, 10:21 AM
oh, the angst we have for bamanian football