PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here still like Obama?

SoonerNate
10/19/2010, 12:52 AM
If so why?

SoonerNate
10/19/2010, 12:54 AM
I live in Liberalville and I've gotta tell ya, these people are FOOLS

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 01:35 AM
So...lemme get this straight...

One group of coaches led us to a 2-10 record for a couple of seasons so we voted them out. The new guy comes in and only gets us to 4-6, so you want to fire him after only one rebuilding season and bring back the other set?

Makes perfectly good sense to me.

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 01:43 AM

One group of coaches led us to a 2-10 record for a couple of seasons so we voted them out. The new guy comes in and only gets us to 4-6, so you want to fire him after only one rebuilding season and bring back the other set?

Yea Fire his Black ***. Ya aint really trying to compare Bracks 1st 2 years to GWs are ya ?
HMM did Brack get hit with a terrorist attack? NO. Did Brack inherit the terrorist that GW did ? NO
KMA:rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/19/2010, 01:48 AM

Makes perfectly good sense to me.Out of our minds govt. spending by democrats and RINOS is not akin to hiring a new football coach...sheesh, man...

Also, our country is losing the private sector FAST, and BY DESIGN, from the actions of the new regime. Equating that to going from a 2-10 record to a 4-6 is PURE MADNESS, you know...

Leroy Lizard
10/19/2010, 01:55 AM
Amazing. They can still blast GWB, but they just can't admit to liking Obama.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 01:57 AM

How is he 4-6?

I'm what most would consider a pretty far-right guy. I'm rabidly libertarian, I'm a firm believer in states' rights, I believe in a Jeffersonian style Republic with a very small and very handcuffed Federal government and the virtue and nobility of a nation whose foundation is the agrarian lifestyle. I'm downright radical in my love and support of the Confederacy and the superiority of the South and its people. I say all of this because if there is anyone who should hate Obama...its me.

HOWEVER, I also hate hyperbole rhetoric. I hate bumpersticker sloganeering. I hate black/white solutions and single-line answers to complex problems. I hate making up bizarre crap about a candidate and sending it out in a mass-email to ever bumbfk moron who believes it.

When Obama was Senator, there were actually several things I liked about him. For example, during Rice's confirmation hearing for SecState, I thought he asked very very good questions that deserved full answers (which he didn't get). Most Democratic Senators were asking "Showboat" questions that made them look just ohhhh so smart when the cameras were pointed at them. Obama didn't do that. I also liked the fact that he co-sponsored Coburn's fiscal transparency bill that would allow anyone to trace every government project and expenditure (excepting black programs of course) back to the member of Congress that proposed it. These are all things I liked...

When he ran for President there were also things that I liked. Let me say at this point that at no point did I ever support either Obama or McCain for President (I voted for Bob Barr). However, I liked all of his promises to make government more transparent -- not just fiscally but just in general terms of governing. I'm a firm believer that government should be transparant. I liked that he showed a commitment to some fiscal responsibility promising to review every government program and tighten the belt a little. All of those things were music to my ears...In addition, I had high hopes that he would trim down our overseas commitments and start to put an end to our overseas adventures that weaken the Republic and make limited-government at home impossible so long as we have a "forward leaning" role in international affairs and an Empire to upkeep. All of these were great things in my mind, but of course they fell far short of what I expect of any President.

Now, with all of that in mind, the man has been a TREMENDOUS disappointment. He has spent more money in his first two years of office than any other President and spent more than any other President, combined, for god knows how many years back. It's astounding. He has demonstrated a profound inability to simply manage the government while increasing its size on a daily basis. Rather than making government more transparent, he has kept the governing process well shrouded even in comparison to his predecessor and that's saying something! The hallmark legislation of his first term is a giant cluster**** of gigantic proportions. What's worse is that most of the public doesn't have a clue what the bill does or when it does it and that's due to an astonishingly bad job at explaining it to the people by the administration. He has insulted allies and shown himself to be something of a classless dolt when dealing with foreign heads-of-state (giving an iPod to the Queen? Seriously?).

The man has failed at virtually every single action he has taken as President.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how in the hell he's a "4-6" President? He's the Kevin Steele of Presidents. Sure his predecessor was Dave Roberts, but he's still Kevin f'n Steele.

Fail. Absolute fail.

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 02:33 AM
Well, here's a timely article...doesn't look like a failure here:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/18/news/economy/kokomo_stimulus_case_study/index.htm?hpt=Sbin

Shaving 6% off of the unemploymenty rate in this mid-sized city looks like a pretty good success story to me. I know Kokomo isn't the only place that the stimulus has had a positive effect. It's done a lot of good here in Knoxpatch, too.

Yea Fire his Black ***. Ya aint really trying to compare Bracks 1st 2 years to GWs are ya ?
HMM did Brack get hit with a terrorist attack? NO. Did Brack inherit the terrorist that GW did ? NO
KMA:rolleyes:

Not at all. You aren't really trying to compare GW's first two years with Obama's are ya? Did GW inherit an economy on life support, a financial sector in ruins and an already-enormous debt? NO.

Nobody screamed when GW spent us into oblivion with China's money to support one justified war and one ill-advised war. The economic situation Obama inherited was a far greater danger to our nation's survival than any terrorist attack.

I also know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that no matter who would have been in the Oval Office in January of 2009, they would have had to do most of the same things Obama did just to keep the US solvent.

Obama is the worst President we could have elected - except for all of the other choices.

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 02:42 AM
As much as I like Sic, He dont know shat .
Slick Willie tore our Military to hell and gone. ( how Yall think he got the Budget Balanced ?)
Slick Willie let OBL run wild , and never tried to hit the ****er . He did send a few Cruise Missiles into Africa er some place AFTER the Embassy Bombings and The USS Cole Attack . Did the Puke head do anything after the 1st WTC attack ?
Hell no .

GWB got hit with the worst Terrorist attack In the History of our Country
The Country United behind him . The Libs (even Billary) endorsed the Iraq invasion. Did the countries Econ go down hill ? Hell yes, we were fighting a war on 2 fronts that even the Libs endorsed.:rolleyes:
Yall are SILLY as hell .:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 02:44 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/18/news/economy/kokomo_stimulus_case_study/index.htm?hpt=Sbin

Shaving 6% off of the unemploymenty rate in this mid-sized city looks like a pretty good success story to me. I know Kokomo isn't the only place that the stimulus has had a positive effect. It's done a lot of good here in Knoxpatch, too.

Not at all. You aren't really trying to compare GW's first two years with Obama's are ya? Did GW inherit an economy on life support, a financial sector in ruins and an already-enormous debt? NO.

Nobody screamed when GW spent us into oblivion with China's money to support one justified war and one ill-advised war. The economic situation Obama inherited was a far greater danger to our nation's survival than any terrorist attack.

I also know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that no matter who would have been in the Oval Office in January of 2009, they would have had to do most of the same things Obama did just to keep the US solvent.

Obama is the worst President we could have elected - except for all of the other choices.

u make a sack of rocks look smart:rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 02:59 AM
As much as I like Sic, He dont know shat .
Slick Willie tore our Military to hell and gone. ( how Yall think he got the Budget Balanced ?)
Slick Willie let OBL run wild , and never tried to hit the ****er . He did send a few Cruise Missiles into Africa er some place AFTER the Embassy Bombings and The USS Cole Attack . Did the Puke head do anything after the 1st WTC attack ?
Hell no .

GWB got hit with the worst Terrorist attack In the History of our Country
The Country United behind him . The Libs (even Billary) endorsed the Iraq invasion. Did the countries Econ go down hill ? Hell yes, we were fighting a war on 2 fronts that even the Libs endorsed.:rolleyes:
Yall are SILLY as hell .:rolleyes:
Vet, my friend, this is the only shat that I do know.

There's nothing you said that I didn't know when I was in 8th grade and studied politics like most young boys my age were studying the budding bods of our tweeny classmates.

Yes, we were attacked on 9/11 and yes we were completely justified in attacking Afghanistan. The problem is, there are (and were) certain elements within our government that had a tremendous amount of influence within the Bush administration and they used that influence to promote an agenda they've had (and written about) for a very long time. Invading Iraq was a profoundly bad decision, but worse than that the war was criminally mismanaged until the last year or two of his administration.

The war and 9/11 contributed the economy going south, but the real cause of the problem started back in the Clinton administration (and continued by Bush) of encouraging banks to make loans to low-income individuals to buy a house. Both administrations encouraged this trend because they could go before the American people and brag about all the new home owners their administrations created.

Bush's creation of a plethora of new entitlement programs including the largest since LBJ's Great Society had nothing to do with the war. Non-defense spending was still higher than under Clinton. There's no excuse for it. In fact, there's really no excuse for much of anything that Bush did. It boils down to the fact that Bush expanded the size of government both at home and abroad to a greater degree than even Clinton did.

I admire the man personally. I think he's a good man, but he was not a good President regardless of how little you regard his predecessor and regardless of how much you admire his initial handling of 9/11...which I do as well.

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 03:20 AM
u make a sack of rocks look smart:rolleyes:

OK...explain it to me.

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 03:23 AM
OK...explain it to me.

Maybe tomorrow, Tonight Im gone beddy Bye :P

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 03:28 AM
OK...explain it to me.

If you're up for it tonight, I'm your huckleberry.

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 03:31 AM

U go gurl . Im going to bed ;)

GKeeper316
10/19/2010, 03:35 AM
dont try to argue politics with vet... hes too drunk to think straight most of the time.

dont try to argue politics with sic... hes trying to rebuild the old south, complete with slavery and rich white guys makin the rules.

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 03:37 AM

GK's advice notwithstanding...give it your best shot.

GKeeper316
10/19/2010, 03:39 AM
i tried to warn em...

you all saw... i said "dont try to argue politics with sic... hes trying to rebuild the old south, complete with slavery and rich white guys makin the rules."

but do they listen? no!

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 03:42 AM
i tried to warn em...

you all saw... i said "dont try to argue politics with sic... hes trying to rebuild the old south, complete with slavery and rich white guys makin the rules."

but do they listen? no!

I didn't say I would argue with him. I just need a good laugh.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 04:19 AM
dont try to argue politics with vet... hes too drunk to think straight most of the time.

dont try to argue politics with sic... hes trying to rebuild the old south, complete with slavery and rich white guys makin the rules.

What a stupid comment. I abhor slavery -- it's an affront to every libertarian fiber in my being. My problem isn't that slavery ended; my problem is the means by which it was ended. It's a means not the ends issue.

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2010, 04:21 AM
Wow...this thread is full of insightful, thoughtful debate.

Tell you what pride...ask the folks in uniform what they think of Obama...you'll just have to wait til after 12:00 p.m. EST on January 20, 2013 because any SMART serviceman/woman will keep their lid shut about their CinC until then.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 04:28 AM
I didn't say I would argue with him. I just need a good laugh.

Uh, well, I was really waiting for you to make some sort of point in defense of that idiotic football analogy. If that article was it then you failed miserably.

Bailing out the automotive industry in an attempt to shore up the economy effectively heals the overall economy as well as Roosevelt's New Deal did. Both Obama and Roosevelt's programs help individuals, cities, and industry during hard economic times but it really only helps those it directly impacts and does very little to heal the economy's foundational problems.

Take that city for example, sure if you pump a ton of money into a specific industry and company then the city that company and industry is located in is going to benefit. Let's apply a cost/benefit analysis though to the amount of money pumped into the automotive bailout and the amount of revenue that city is going to pump back into the economy.....the answer is very little. It's like a pebble of sand on the beach. And sure there are other cities that you could probably find as an example, but in any case none of this is helping the fundamental problems with the economy.

Let's put aside the fact that the bailouts are totally and completely unconstitutional -- their success can't be judged unless and until all of those loans are paid back and the government sells off its shares with the earnings going to pay down the deficit. When all of that happens then you can come back and tout the automotive bailouts as a "success" of the Obama administration (and, rightfully, the Bush administration since it really started in the last few months of his last term).

At any rate, we can hardly call the stimulus and bailouts a grand success since the economy has barely improved in some areas and become even worse in others. I still sit here patiently waiting to find out how, exactly, Obama is 4-6.

Sooner5030
10/19/2010, 04:47 AM
I never disliked the guy. That job would suck donkey balls if you ask me.

But I do not subscribe to his ideology or management style for sure.

It’s alright if you want to have a progressive gubment as long as you are willing to make the mob pay for it. If not then it’s just a lie funded by kiting T bills and hoping that things will get better. Liberals not raising taxes to pay for their magical unicorn is as bad as or worse than pubs not cutting spending.

Folks we can only fund 60% of our federal gubment. We’re beyond the trivial pub vs. dem debate.

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 05:35 AM
I still sit here patiently waiting to find out how, exactly, Obama is 4-6.

1. The stimulus (the origins of which were hatched under GWB's watch, BTW) effectively kept the economy from going over a cliff. W.

2. Healthcare reform outlaws denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and lifetime limits. W.

3. While unemployment continues to be high, we aren't losing >700,000 jobs a month anymore. W.

4. the financial regulatory legislation should gove consumers the confidence that if they choose to borrow, they will get a fair deal. W.

1. The stimulus hasn't worked as promised, only proving to be partially successful. L, because if you need to meet or exceed expectations, especially when you make a promise.

2. Healthcare reform is a polyglot of regulations beginning to rival the tax code in incomprehensibility, and it doesn't even mention (much less address) the 2 biggest problems: unhealthy lifestyles and industry collusion. L.

3. He has not successfully shown what his economic plan is, how it is to be accomplished, and how it will effect different levels of businesses. Unemployment continues to be too high because businesses are not certain where the chips are going to fall. L.

4. The foreclosure crisis has not been dealt with effectively. The voluntary moratoriums from the banks are going away in the immediate future, and this will lead to a second downturn in the economy, most likely as bad as the first. BIG L.

5. He has been completely impotent in his dealings with congress. Granted they haven't been willing partners, but it doesn't even look like he's tried as he promised he would. L.

6. He hasn't dealt with the wars effectively. Iraq is a ticking time bomb awaiting US departure. There just isn't any luck to be had in Afghanistan. Both of those wars were botched badly by the GWB administration, and Obama hasn't done a whole lot better except to buy time in Iraq. We're going to get the same treatment the Russians got in Afghanistan. I don't have a good answer for it, but what he's doing isn't working. L.

Those are just off the top of my head, and clearly the losses outweigh the wins. BUT - and this is the important part - I know I am more positive about the country's future than I was when GWB and the GOP were running the show. That isn't saying much, because I was seeing the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire at that point. As mediocre as Obama has been, I still prefer him to either GWB or McCain. I don't think McCain would have been up to the job. If the GOP would put up a candidate that I could vote for, I might just vote for them.

Okla-homey
10/19/2010, 06:04 AM
The man has failed at virtually every single action he has taken as President.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how in the hell he's a "4-6" President? He's the Kevin Steele of Presidents. Sure his predecessor was Dave Roberts, but he's still Kevin f'n Steele.

Fail. Absolute fail.

I'd say he's more John Blake then Kevin Steele.

Sooner5030
10/19/2010, 06:17 AM
If we’re gonna make claims about records (2-8 vs 4-6) we should at least stick to actual measurements.

www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/NPGateway

Dem legislatures have approved budget appropriations that have increased our debt an average of 16.55% per year compared to the pubs 6.85%. President Obama has presided over a budget that has increased our debt 13.77% per year compared to W’s 8.78%. How do you like them apples?

The numbers:

The 104th Congress was the first republican controlled congress in years and began work on Jan 3, 1995. They had the constitutional authority to appropriate funds for the fiscal year beginning in Oct 1, 1995. On October 1, 1995 the national debt was $4,973,982,900,709.39. Republicans controlled the congress until the 110th began work on Jan 3, 2007. This means that a republican controlled congress had the constitutional authority to appropriate funds for the FYs 1996-2007. On October 1, 2007 our national debt was $9,062,552,400,356.63. That is an increase of $4,088,569,499,647.24 or 82.2% over 12 years or 6.85% per year. Not a very good job since the debt rose faster than GDP. I’d give the pubs a C.

Now let us compare:

The 110th congress was controlled by democrats and began work on Jan 3, 2007 with the constitutional authority to appropriate funds beginning in FY2008 or Oct 1, 2007. As stated above our national debt on Oct 1, 2007 was $9,062,552,400,356.63. To date democrats have controlled congress and has had the constitutional authority to appropriate funds for the FYs 2008-2011(although 2010 is the only year with audited historical data). On Oct 1, 2010 our national debt was $13,561,623,030,891.70. That is an increase of $4,499,070,630,535.07 or 50% over three years or 16.55% per year. Even worse than the pubs. I’d give the dems an F.

Presidents: To be fair both W and Obama have limited powers in the fact that they can only submit a budget (recommendation) and mid review (an updated recommendation) and veto spending bills or specific line item expenses. But we can compare as both could have pressured congress by pointing finger at the checkbook holders.

W’s first budget was presented (on a cash basis) in 2001 and provided guidance to the legislature starting with FY2002. On Oct 1, 2001 our national debt was $5,806,151,389,190.21. W continued to present budgets for FYs 2002-2009. On October 1, 2009 our national debt was $11,920,519,164,319.40. That is an increase of $6,114,367,775,129.19 or 105.31% over 8 years or 8.78% per year. He earns a D.

Obama’s first budget was presented in 2009 and provided guidance to the legislature starting with FY10. Obama has completely presided over one budget process and as of Oct 1, 2010 our national debt is $13,561,623,030,891.7. That is an increase of 13.77%. During the three quarters (calendar year) of 2010 GDP has been positive with annual growth rates of 3.7% and 1.7%.

So Obama’s first –“I didn’t inherit this one”-annual budget was during positive GDP growth (not a f-ing recession) and he has added to our debt per year more than W. That is an F. Thanks a lot Mr. “I believe in PAYGO”.

Folks that believe a recession (which ended in JUL 2009) justified these increases are every bit as bad as the sheeple that believed terrorism justified the pubs deficits. The only thing that changed was R to D and an increase in the deficits. If the Ds don’t demand better of their pols they will lose the legislature just like the pubs did.

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2010, 07:34 AM
1. The stimulus (the origins of which were hatched under GWB's watch, BTW) effectively kept the economy from going over a cliff. W.

2. Healthcare reform outlaws denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and lifetime limits. W.

3. While unemployment continues to be high, we aren't losing >700,000 jobs a month anymore. W.

4. the financial regulatory legislation should gove consumers the confidence that if they choose to borrow, they will get a fair deal. W.

Without being dragged into the love him/hate him debate, let me point out where you are a bit off here.
On win number 1, it has still done tremendous damage to the economy because it's made us taxpayers assume financial responsibility for failed corporate leadership and policies. President Bush started it after 9-11 when he passed measures to bail out the failing airlines, who should have been allowed to go under and make way for airlines who could run things right. That would've saved us multiple trips through bankruptcy court for United, US Airways, Delta, Northwest, etc. President Obama has now given us an even bigger chunk of the burden by borrowing more money that we DON'T have to buy out the rest of these banks/car companies that all have this "we're too big to fail" mentality. Ya know what? It's capitalism...if you can't do it right, roll over and die and make room for someone who can do it better. The system works, and both presidents prevented the system from working. Sure the companies won...but we as citizens and taxpayers lost. So that's a L in my book.

On point number 2. Healthcare reform needs to happen. But until you go after the dumb**** trial lawyers (no offense Homey, Froze, etc) who want you to sue for everything a doctor has done to you, you will NEVER see healthcare costs drop to reasonable levels. And let's not forget how the majority of Americans were opposed to his healthcare legislation before he basically crammed it down our throats. I count that as a L as well.

On point number three. Really? We aren't seeing more job loss statistics because these people are OUT OF WORK and have exhausted their unemployment claims. When my wife got laid off of her job last year (and you folks at Harrison Gypsum can rot in hell for how you treated her), she got one year of benefits...she dutifully applied for jobs each week, but never was afforded a chance to land another one. Guess what? Her benefits ran out. That means she's unemployed, but not getting benefits. So she no longer gets counted against the jobless numbers that you see them touting are decreasing...that's because people have been laid off so damn long that they're losing their benefits. And I don't see any sign of the unemployment situation (as a whole) improving. Count that as a L.

Point number 4 is just absurd. Take that statement you made above and tell that to the folks who are about to get foreclosed on when the housing crisis deepens. The floodgates just got opened and I know that B of A is about to re-launch foreclosure proceedings on at least another half million homeowners. No doubt the rest of the national level banks will follow suit. Think the folks affected will have confidence to borrow? Hell my credit card rates just got jacked up by 6 percentage points, even though I have paid off my debts to them every month. Sorry, another L.

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

landrun
10/19/2010, 07:41 AM

This is about as lame a defense of Obama as could be imagined. :rolleyes:
When it is all said and done, you find one city that still has 14% unemployment and are proud of it.

There are over 25,000 cities in the US. That's like Iowa State picking out one incomplete pass that Landry threw and declaring their performance against us a great success. That is the logic you're using here.

The
10/19/2010, 08:25 AM
Don't blame me... I voted for Kucinich.

prrriiide
10/19/2010, 03:35 PM
On win number 1, it has still done tremendous damage to the economy... So that's a L in my book.

Of course it has. What Obama was forced into was like the meatball surgery from MASH. Keep 'em alive long enough to get decent care later. Ever seen what an emergency tracheotomy does to a person's throat? It isn't pretty.

On point number 2. Healthcare reform needs to happen. But until you go after the dumb**** trial lawyers (no offense Homey, Froze, etc) who want you to sue for everything a doctor has done to you, you will NEVER see healthcare costs drop to reasonable levels. And let's not forget how the majority of Americans were opposed to his healthcare legislation before he basically crammed it down our throats. I count that as a L as well.

I agree that tort reform needs to happen as well, but it isn't the DRIVING cause of the costs of healthcare. That's profits over people. And tort reform is a really slippery slope to go down. We don't want the government telling us what kind of healthcare we can get when we can get it, so now do you want them to gin up a list of damages? You get $x for your finger and $xx dollars for your hand and $xxx dollars for your cawk. How much is a life worth? You want the government to decide that in advance? I'd prefer letting 12 people decide what the damages are. How much is it going to cost to care for your kid over his lifetime now that is permanently disabled because of a doctor's negligence? Who can predict that?

Something has to give, but we're going to have to be really thoughtful and careful about it.

On point number three. Really? We aren't seeing more job loss statistics because these people are OUT OF WORK and have exhausted their unemployment claims. When my wife got laid off of her job last year (and you folks at Harrison Gypsum can rot in hell for how you treated her), she got one year of benefits...she dutifully applied for jobs each week, but never was afforded a chance to land another one. Guess what? Her benefits ran out. That means she's unemployed, but not getting benefits. So she no longer gets counted against the jobless numbers that you see them touting are decreasing...that's because people have been laid off so damn long that they're losing their benefits. And I don't see any sign of the unemployment situation (as a whole) improving. Count that as a L.She isn't eligible under the 7/22/2010 legislation that extends benefits until 11/28?

There have been millions of people who have extended their benefits under the legislation, yet the UI rate (as measured by number of new applicants) still mostly drops. Certainly most of the people that lost jobs haven't gotten them (or any) back. But again, look at it as triage: stop the femoral artery hemorrhage, then get the blood back in. But not too fast or you risk other complications, like even more job cuts.

Point number 4 is just absurd. Take that statement you made above and tell that to the folks who are about to get foreclosed on when the housing crisis deepens. The floodgates just got opened and I know that B of A is about to re-launch foreclosure proceedings on at least another half million homeowners. No doubt the rest of the national level banks will follow suit. Think the folks affected will have confidence to borrow? Hell my credit card rates just got jacked up by 6 percentage points, even though I have paid off my debts to them every month. Sorry, another L.I'm sorry you got a card from a crooked financial institution. I'm also sorry that congress didn't have the stones to write rules against those kind of last-minute shenanigans into the legislation. The big financial institutions got us into this mess in the first place with their greed and avarice, so they can smoke a turd in hell as far as I'm concerned. Especially when BoA announces a $3BILLION quarterly profit for the 2nd quarter. And yes, the entire government dropped the ball on the foreclosures, from Obama down to the county sheriff. But on balance, the financial legislation will have a far greater positive effect than negative.

Serge Ibaka
10/19/2010, 03:41 PM
Just to clarify: before Obama, it was Bush who was first involved with corporate bailouts.

Okay. Carry on.

Edit: oops. Appoligies to Sormchaser, as I see that he did state that point.

badger
10/19/2010, 03:48 PM
The question is if I still like Obama. Sure, he seems like a good father, a good role model for kids and a nice guy. He seems ready to admit his own faults and owns up to his mistakes.

I did not like Bill Clinton. I could not look at him without thinking of all of the sleazy reports about him taking advantage of women while being married with a daughter.

Politics are politics, but people are people. You can like a person and dislike their politics. Don't confuse the two. I genuinely believe that both Democrats and Republicans want to help people and do what they think is right (not everyone of course, but corruption is a universal thing not limited to any political ideology, country, gender, age, race, etc.), but just have different ways about achieving that goal.

So... "like" Obama? Why not?

The
10/19/2010, 03:56 PM
I did not like Bill Clinton. I could not look at him without thinking of all of the sleazy reports about him taking advantage of women while being married with a daughter.

Why are you mad at Bill? If Hillary hadn't been as frigid as Hale-Bopp on a Saturday night, he wouldn't be out chubby chasin'....:texan:

badger
10/19/2010, 04:00 PM
Why are you mad at Bill? If Hillary hadn't been as frigid as Hale-Bopp on a Saturday night, he wouldn't be out chubby chasin'....:texan:

Bill is probably one of those guys that tells women that it's OK for guys to fling around because guys are wired differently than girls, so it's perfectly natural and perfectly OK for guys to not be loyal to spouses.

But ask a guy like that why some women cheat if they're wired soooo incredibly differently from men, and... well, that's probably where Bill got phrases like "That depends on the definition of..." :rolleyes:

And yeah, I know you were joking :D

The
10/19/2010, 04:03 PM
Actually, I do believe that monogamy is a sexual deviation that causes terrible psychological damage. :texan:

Serge Ibaka
10/19/2010, 04:03 PM
The question is if I still like Obama. Sure, he seems like a good father, a good role model for kids and a nice guy. He seems ready to admit his own faults and owns up to his mistakes.

Politics are politics, but people are people. You can like a person and dislike their politics. Don't confuse the two. I genuinely believe that both Democrats and Republicans want to help people and do what they think is right (not everyone of course, but corruption is a universal thing not limited to any political ideology, country, gender, age, race, etc.), but just have different ways about achieving that goal.

So... "like" Obama? Why not?

This is too sensible. I think you're missing all that stuff about Obama's super-secret Socialist plot to turn America into something unholy. It's class war-fare, man. Grab a gun.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 04:05 PM
The job of government is not to help people.

The
10/19/2010, 04:07 PM
The job of government is not to help people.

It's to.. enslave them? :texan:

badger
10/19/2010, 04:08 PM
Actually, I do believe that monogamy is a sexual deviation that causes terrible psychological damage. :texan:

You and the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints. ;)

This is too sensible. I think you're missing all that stuff about Obama's super-secret Socialist plot to turn America into something unholy. It's class war-fare, man. Grab a gun.

Republicans can be sensible. Just like Dems don't want to all be labeled as socialist unholy... um... other stuff you wrote, Repubs want people to know, to quote Sideshow Bob, that it's high time people realized we conservatives aren't all Johnny Hatemongers, Charlie Bible Thumpers, or even -- God forbid --George Bushes.

3rdgensooner
10/19/2010, 04:10 PM

Only for males, amiryte?

Serge Ibaka
10/19/2010, 04:12 PM

Republicans can be sensible. Just like Dems don't want to all be labeled as socialist unholy... um... other stuff you wrote, Repubs want people to know, to quote Sideshow Bob, that it's high time people realized we conservatives aren't all Johnny Hatemongers, Charlie Bible Thumpers, or even -- God forbid --George Bushes.

I'll agree with your general sentiment.

But I'll also point out that Sideshow Bob, the famous Republican, was a total criminal mastermind who wanted to kill Bart. :D

badger
10/19/2010, 04:15 PM
Only for males, amiryte?

I don't wanna thread jack and I just said it as a joke, but when you have a bunch of chicks with one guy, where do the rest of the guys go? Cast aside.

And SicEm, it might not be the job of the Big 12 Conference to make all teams happy all of the time, but it is often the side effect of decisions made, amirite? Same goes for the government.

The
10/19/2010, 04:17 PM
I don't wanna thread jack and I just said it as a joke, but when you have a bunch of chicks with one guy, where do the rest of the guys go? Cast aside.

It's called survival of the fittest. Those dudes can go play World of Warcraft. Us Alpha Males will take care of the species. :texan:

Veritas
10/19/2010, 04:35 PM
I like him because he's driven the Demolibercommie car right off a cliff. GTFO '10

StoopTroup
10/19/2010, 04:43 PM
Even though Pres. Obama has run into a stalemate against the Pubs....I think the Pubs have planned on trying to doosh him before he even swore on a Bible.

If he doesn't do another thing for the last two years....it might be better than whatever the **** the pubs and tea sippers seem to have on tap for us.

No matter what party you put in there....they all scare the hell out of me....

TUSooner
10/19/2010, 07:14 PM
I voted for Obama because I thought his foreign policy and influence would be better than McCain's (and because Palin and her camp scare me). But I have been exceptionally disappointed at the leftward lurch of domestic policy, especially when Obama + the Dems passed that cluster*** healthcare bill. (OK, I should have known.) I actually still like the guy, but not the policies. That said - it's truly not like GOP was likely to curb the gubment if elected, as much as they crow about it now when they are the minority in opposition.

JLEW1818
10/19/2010, 07:25 PM
no matter what, "It's W's fault, he handed over a bad one to barack....... even if barack makes it worse, W still screwed it up to begin with... why should barack not get a turn to mess it up worse... it's still W's fault..... barack was only trying to help" -donks

:)

Okla-homey
10/19/2010, 07:29 PM
I'm sure Obama is a nice whose kids love him. He'd prolly be fun to throw a few back with. What I object to, is the fact he had the unmitigated gall to suggest he had the sand to run one of the most complex organizations on Earth without a lick of experience running anything.

Sometimes I feel America deserves better, but then I remember, we, as in you and me, have allowed this system to evolve in which people with pleasant appearances with nothing on their resume but the ability to give good speech achieve the presidency. And I will also admit, W was only marginally more qualified than BHO because he had been a governor and had made some money in the oil biz.

Someone smart once said people get the kind of leader they deserve. Maybe, just maybe, because we as a people tend too often to elect candidates like we elect Homecoming kings and queens, we deserve the fix we're in.

Just watch what happens on November 2 in OUr state. Most folks will vote for Fallin over Askins, not because of either of their positions on the issues. Instead, they'll vote for Fallin because she's prettier. And that, IMHO, is lamentable.

TUSooner
10/19/2010, 08:49 PM
I'm sure Obama is a nice whose kids love him. He'd prolly be fun to throw a few back with. What I object to, is the fact he had the unmitigated gall to suggest he had the sand to run one of the most complex organizations on Earth without a lick of experience running anything.

Sometimes I feel America deserves better, but then I remember, we, as in you and me, have allowed this system to evolve in which people with pleasant appearances with nothing on their resume but the ability to give good speech achieve the presidency. And I will also admit, W was only marginally more qualified than BHO because he had been a governor and had made some money in the oil biz.

Someone smart once said people get the kind of leader they deserve. Maybe, just maybe, because we as a people tend too often to elect candidates like we elect Homecoming kings and queens, we deserve the fix we're in.

Just watch what happens on November 2 in OUr state. Most folks will vote for Fallin over Askins, not because of either of their positions on the issues. Instead, they'll vote for Fallin because she's prettier. And that, IMHO, is lamentable.

Wise words, and sad. And the bold part might be applied to Palin supporters.

That said, I probably should not be allowed to vote ever again, if only because I also voted for Ray Nagin the second time. :O

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/19/2010, 10:20 PM
Out of our minds govt. spending by democrats and RINOS is not akin to hiring a new football coach...sheesh, man...

Also, our country is losing the private sector FAST, and BY DESIGN, from the actions of the new regime. Equating that to going from a 2-10 record to a 4-6 is PURE MADNESS, you know...
Because Republicans have never spent out of their minds recently :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2010, 10:38 PM

I'm calling BS. If Fallin wins it has nothing to do with the fact that over 50% of the people voted for her purely because of looks. I've never heard anyone say, "Man, I'm voting for Fallin over Askins because Fallin is a lot hotter!" Bull****.

10/20/2010, 12:53 AM
Because Republicans have never spent out of their minds recently :rolleyes:What TF do you think a RINO is, grasshopper?

10/20/2010, 12:57 AM
I'm calling BS. If Fallin wins it has nothing to do with the fact that over 50% of the people voted for her purely because of looks. I've never heard anyone say, "Man, I'm voting for Fallin over Askins because Fallin is a lot hotter!" Bull****.I'm quite confident that if Fallin wins, it's because enough people realize that Askins is an EFFING DEMOCRAT!...and there isn't a snowball's chance in Obama's America that a democrat politician is fiscally conservative or even lawful, for that matter.

Collier11
10/20/2010, 01:25 AM
Even though Pres. Obama has run into a stalemate against the Pubs....I think the Pubs have planned on trying to doosh him before he even swore on a Bible.

You mean like the dems did GW? This isnt a GW vs. Obama issue, this is a "our govt as a whole is a bunch of selfish, self driven, egotistical idiots" issue.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2010, 02:18 AM
What TF do you think a RINO is, grasshopper?

There's no such thing as a RINO anymore. The entire national party is what would have constituted a "RINO" at one point. Hell, at this point a RINO should be a badge of honor.

Besides, considering the origins of the Republican Party, they're just going back from where they started.

soonerhubs
10/20/2010, 07:34 AM
You mean like the dems did GW? This isnt a GW vs. Obama issue, this is a "our govt as a whole is a bunch of selfish, self driven, egotistical idiots/puppets" issue.

FIFY ;)

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 08:08 AM
What TF do you think a RINO is, grasshopper?
An excuse. Where were the cries from the right about RINOs during the Bush years?

Okla-homey
10/20/2010, 09:31 AM
I'm quite confident that if Fallin wins, it's because enough people realize that Askins is an EFFING DEMOCRAT!...and there isn't a snowball's chance in Obama's America that a democrat politician is fiscally conservative or even lawful, for that matter.

Two words> Dan Boren. Okie donk Congressdude representing Little Dixie. Voted against Obamacare, great on the 2d Amendment.

Both Boren and Askins are considerably more conservative than any number of pols with (R) after their name in this country.

Veritas
10/20/2010, 10:08 AM
An excuse. Where were the cries from the right about RINOs during the Bush years?
You're kidding, right?

And SicEm's right. R == Rino these days.

badger
10/20/2010, 10:14 AM
I'm calling BS. If Fallin wins it has nothing to do with the fact that over 50% of the people voted for her purely because of looks. I've never heard anyone say, "Man, I'm voting for Fallin over Askins because Fallin is a lot hotter!" Bull****.

When I heard in 96 that women were voting for Clinton over Dole because Clinton was more attractive, my 13-year-old self facepalmed.

If people voted based on looks (and I know that it was a scientifically proven fact that people did after presidential debates started getting televised) that's really lame.

btw, speaking of Fallin/Askins, they debated last night. And harsh words were exchanged.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101020_16_A1_CUTLIN28013&archive=yes)

Sorry to thread-jack :O

Tulsa_Fireman
10/20/2010, 10:15 AM

C'mon, SicEm. You've read it time and time again right here on this board.

It may not be like you say it, but Mary Fallin is a much more attractive person COMPARED to Jari Askins. Add an 'R' next to her name and sprinkle in a healthy dose of Obama-hate and you have a sure-fire winner to the majority of myopic voters who make voting decisions based on 20 seconds of splash ad between quarters on Monday Night Football. It's like who you bang but with politics on two different fronts.

Scenario #1: Voter votes Fallin because by God, Obamacare is a load of crap! We need to stick it to those dirty liberals on Capitol Hill! Who's Jari Askins? SHE'S A DIRTY LIBRUHL! DERP DERP! I BANGED A CHEERLEADER INSTEAD OF THE FAT CHICK FROM CHEMISTRY! (Even though for all accounts, humping that cheerleader was like banging a pork chop. The not as pretty girl from your chemistry class left you drooling like a retard and if truth were told, you'd probably marry the girl just on the way she su... Yeah.)

Scenario #2: Voter votes Fallin because they simply don't care or are too stupid to care. All they know is that she has an R next to her name, R somehow stands for purity, God, Americuh, Ted Nugent albums, kick *** steaks, khaki pants, and pie. AMERICUH PIE. It means you hate terrorism, want to kill Bin Laden, and love your grandma. And it has sh*t to do with a gubernatorial election.

Just like these scenarios have sh*t to do with the original point of the thread or even my post. Have some of my frustration of having an 'R' next to my name.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 01:20 PM
You're kidding, right?

And SicEm's right. R == Rino these days.
I meant runaway spending, my bad. Its just ironic that the Tea Party appears not when the republican government starts spending trillions of dollars they don't have, but the democrat government does it. And RUSH I don't understand your sig, were the republicans who passed the Patriot Act in 03 RINOs?

10/20/2010, 01:30 PM
There's no such thing as a RINO anymore. The entire national party is what would have constituted a "RINO" at one point. Hell, at this point a RINO should be a badge of honor.
You know, of course, that there are a good many republicans that are conservatives, at least on most issues. There are nearly 0 conservatives in the democrats. This '10 election is an attempt to make the republicans more fiscally and constitutionally conservatives, since the democrats are in opposition to America. If the republicans gain a majority, or close enough to it to gain back some power in govt., they will be observed by the American people, and judged whether they are fighting hard enough to right the ship.

If the republicans don't do enough to remove Obamacare, reduce taxes, and restore the private sector, all he*l will prolly break loose.

Scott D
10/20/2010, 02:00 PM
I still say Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck like Obama plenty.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/20/2010, 02:04 PM
Ugh. I actually listened to that fat bastard for a bit the other day.

He was connecting federal level legislation working toward banning cell phone usage while driving as NOT an effort in public safety, but an effort by majority democrats to take away one of the strongest images of personal freedom and the ability to exercise your right to assemble.

Summed up as the democrats trying to take away your personal freedoms. The democrats trying to take over the country and turn it into their brand of socialist police state.

I didn't know whether to laugh or throw up. People actually listen to this jack ***?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 02:29 PM
If the republicans don't do enough to remove Obamacare, reduce taxes, and restore the private sector, all he*l will prolly break loose.
I wasn't aware the private sector destroyed?

10/20/2010, 02:49 PM
I wasn't aware the private sector destroyed?You might want to quit before you get even further behind.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 02:56 PM
You might want to quit before you get even further behind.
Please explain, Rush

10/20/2010, 03:01 PM
Please explain, Ru**** seems you miss a lot of what goes on around you. There have been many things happen you don't act like you have internalized.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2010, 03:01 PM
I helped organize campaign drives in kansas. I went to pep rallies for obama. I bought into the koolaid for change.

That said, the only thing that has changed is our deficit! Obama and the democrats have spent a lot of money. They promised a stimulus package that would go to rebuilding our infrastructure, where is the rebuilding occurring? In the back pockets of the special interest groups. That is where te rebuilding is happening.

The best thing that could have happened to this country was to allow the banks and finiancial institutes fail. We should not have spent trillions of dollars bailing those places out. We should have spent that money on more important things like new bridges and highways.

Do I like Obama? I used too, but that was before he turned out to be the liar he is!

The
10/20/2010, 03:02 PM
Arguing politics is like masturbating with a monkey.

Tulsa_Fireman
But he can still drain the 3.

Tulsa_Fireman

It's fun and worthwhile?

salth2o
10/20/2010, 03:05 PM

Difficult and illegal in most states?

10/20/2010, 03:10 PM
I helped organize campaign drives in kansas. I went to pep rallies for obama. I bought into the koolaid for change.

That said, the only thing that has changed is our deficit! Obama and the democrats have spent a lot of money. They promised a stimulus package that would go to rebuilding our infrastructure, where is the rebuilding occurring? In the back pockets of the special interest groups. That is where te rebuilding is happening.

The best thing that could have happened to this country was to allow the banks and finiancial institutes fail. We should not have spent trillions of dollars bailing those places out. We should have spent that money on more important things like new bridges and highways.

Do I like Obama? I used too, but that was before he turned out to be the liar he is!Better late than never. Watch the democrats closely, and report here if you see one that behaves responsibly, and votes to cut taxes, returns unspent stimulus money to the taxpayers and debtors, repeals Obamacare, etc.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2010, 03:14 PM
Better late than never. Watch the democrats closely, and report here if you see one that behaves responsibly, and votes to cut taxes, returns unspent stimulus money to the taxpayers and debtors, repeals Obamacare, etc.

I'm still a democrat, but not of the liberal kind. I am more in line as a libertarian than a real democrat.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 03:15 PM
It seems you miss a lot of what goes on around you. There have been many things happen you don't act like you have internalized.
Bailouts, _________ , __________ , _________ ?

Serge Ibaka
10/20/2010, 03:26 PM
Obama has been a p**sy. Not liberal enough.

Granted, Obama has been crippled by a political and cultural opposition that is determined to demonize and discount him at any cost (Rush, Tuba, and their kin). Example: legislation like "obamacare" is rhetorically attacked as some sort of evil socialist plot ("class warfare!"). But in fact, Obama just believes that more people should have access to quality healthcare; it's a legitimate position, and it's very disturbing that the right, despite their disagreement, suggests that it's something different (radical? anti-American? whatever...).

Still, Obama is dumb to have let such ridiculousness hold him back. I should have voted for Hilary--she has bigger balls.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 03:29 PM
Obama has been a p**sy. Not liberal enough.

Granted, Obama has been crippled by a political and cultural opposition that is determined to demonize and discount him at any cost (Rush, Tuba, and their kin). Example: legislation like "obamacare" is rhetorically attacked as some sort of evil socialist plot ("class warfare!"). But in fact, Obama just believes that more people should have access to quality healthcare; it's a legitimate position, and it's very disturbing that the right, despite their disagreement, suggests that it's something different (radical? anti-American? whatever...).

Still, Obama is dumb to have let such ridiculousness hold him back. I should have voted for Hilary--she has bigger balls.
Communist

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2010, 04:18 PM
I meant runaway spending, my bad. Its just ironic that the Tea Party appears not when the republican government starts spending trillions of dollars they don't have, but the democrat government does it. And RUSH I don't understand your sig, were the republicans who passed the Patriot Act in 03 RINOs?

If by ironic you mean that most of them are just a bunch of unprincipled party-whores that, like a death row inmate, finds religion only when it's convenient...well then, you're right.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2010, 04:22 PM
You know, of course, that there are a good many republicans that are conservatives, at least on most issues. There are nearly 0 conservatives in the democrats. This '10 election is an attempt to make the republicans more fiscally and constitutionally conservatives, since the democrats are in opposition to America. If the republicans gain a majority, or close enough to it to gain back some power in govt., they will be observed by the American people, and judged whether they are fighting hard enough to right the ship.

There really aren't. I know because I keep track of their votes. There are, MAYBE, a dozen or so solid members in the House and 3-4 in the Senate.

Now, on the state level there are still plenty of principled conservatives to be found across the country. It's the national party, the national leaders, and the Federal office holders that are the biggest problem.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2010, 04:23 PM
C'mon, SicEm. You've read it time and time again right here on this board.

It may not be like you say it, but Mary Fallin is a much more attractive person COMPARED to Jari Askins. Add an 'R' next to her name and sprinkle in a healthy dose of Obama-hate and you have a sure-fire winner to the majority of myopic voters who make voting decisions based on 20 seconds of splash ad between quarters on Monday Night Football. It's like who you bang but with politics on two different fronts.

Scenario #1: Voter votes Fallin because by God, Obamacare is a load of crap! We need to stick it to those dirty liberals on Capitol Hill! Who's Jari Askins? SHE'S A DIRTY LIBRUHL! DERP DERP! I BANGED A CHEERLEADER INSTEAD OF THE FAT CHICK FROM CHEMISTRY! (Even though for all accounts, humping that cheerleader was like banging a pork chop. The not as pretty girl from your chemistry class left you drooling like a retard and if truth were told, you'd probably marry the girl just on the way she su... Yeah.)

Scenario #2: Voter votes Fallin because they simply don't care or are too stupid to care. All they know is that she has an R next to her name, R somehow stands for purity, God, Americuh, Ted Nugent albums, kick *** steaks, khaki pants, and pie. AMERICUH PIE. It means you hate terrorism, want to kill Bin Laden, and love your grandma. And it has sh*t to do with a gubernatorial election.

Just like these scenarios have sh*t to do with the original point of the thread or even my post. Have some of my frustration of having an 'R' next to my name.

I don't disagree with any of that.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2010, 04:24 PM
Two words> Dan Boren. Okie donk Congressdude representing Little Dixie. Voted against Obamacare, great on the 2d Amendment.

Both Boren and Askins are considerably more conservative than any number of pols with (R) after their name in this country.

He represents all of Eastern Oklahoma (minus Tulsa)...not just Little Dixie.

I'm actually somewhat of a fan of Dan Boren.

Fraggle145
10/20/2010, 04:29 PM
When I heard in 96 that women were voting for Clinton over Dole because Clinton was more attractive, my 13-year-old self facepalmed.

If people voted based on looks (and I know that it was a scientifically proven fact that people did after presidential debates started getting televised) that's really lame.

btw, speaking of Fallin/Askins, they debated last night. And harsh words were exchanged.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101020_16_A1_CUTLIN28013&archive=yes)

Sorry to thread-jack :O

The fact that these were among the most salient details of the article:

Both women wore cross necklaces.

Fallin also made a point of the fact that she is married. Askins is single.

Shows just how stupid most of the masses in Oklahoma can be...

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 04:34 PM
If by ironic you mean that most of them are just a bunch of unprincipled party-whores that, like a death row inmate, finds religion only when it's convenient...well then, you're right.
That is what I mean. Also I'd be willing to bet many of them are closet racists.

olevetonahill
10/20/2010, 05:55 PM
That is what I mean. Also I'd be willing to bet many of them are closet racists.

By Closet Racist , do you men kinda Like a queer that aint come out yet ?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 06:00 PM
By Closet Racist , do you men kinda Like a queer that aint come out yet ?Won't publicly admit it, but shows some tendencies :p Not sayin that being in the Tea Party makes you racist or anything, but I think a lot of the paranoia here is over the fact that he's blackish

Soonerfan88
10/20/2010, 06:16 PM
I have disliked Obama's rhetoric from the very beginning. To me, it all sounded like a slick sales con and I couldn't believe how many bought it.

I'm not a fan of the healthcare bill, mainly because I don't think ANYONE, even those who helped write it, knows exactly what is in it or has any idea of the long term costs or consequences. It was forced on America by Obama & Pelosi simply because they wanted a "win" to brag about.

But what completely put me over the edge on Obama was when he apologized to Europe and the rest of the world for the actions of the US. I don't GIS if France or anyone else doesn't like some of our policies because they aren't perfect either - they just don't let their press admit it as often. Obama basically bent over and told the world to take a shot because we no longer had the balls to fight back. No matter what the press or the American public likes to think, the CIA and other intelligence agencies overall do a good job but they will eventually fail to stop another attack and this time the blame will absolutely fall on BHO.

10/20/2010, 06:18 PM
Won't publicly admit it, but shows some tendencies :p Not sayin that being in the Tea Party makes you racist or anything, but I think a lot of the paranoia here is over the fact that he's blackishYou might be just a hopeless cliche...

olevetonahill
10/20/2010, 06:21 PM
Won't publicly admit it, but shows some tendencies :p Not sayin that being in the Tea Party makes you racist or anything, but I think a lot of the paranoia here is over the fact that he's blackish

I must not be racist then cause Like I've said I hate the white part of him also.

Serge Ibaka
10/20/2010, 06:26 PM
I'm not a fan of the healthcare bill, mainly because I don't think ANYONE, even those who helped write it, knows exactly what is in it or has any idea of the long term costs or consequences. It was forced on America by Obama & Pelosi simply because they wanted a "win" to brag about.

Maybe it was actually because they wanted to reform American healthcare.

Just a thought.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 10:02 PM
You might be just a hopeless cliche...
And you might just be an idiot. Obama's administration has made similar advances in government size to the previous regime. Obama's administration has also finally mulled us out of a hopeless quagmire that we should never have been in Iraq. Were you as critical of Bush as you are of Obama?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/20/2010, 10:06 PM
I must not be racist then cause Like I've said I hate the white part of him also.
Harsh words. Seems like a veteran such as yourself especially would have some respect for the commander and chief.

OUEngr1990
10/20/2010, 10:22 PM
If so why?

sheeiiit no!

November 6th, 2012

Collier11
10/20/2010, 10:28 PM
Harsh words. Seems like a veteran such as yourself especially would have some respect for the commander and chief.

you can respect the office and not the guy holding the office

olevetonahill
10/20/2010, 10:43 PM

See yer Key word there is "VETERAN" Now when I was active I "HAD" to show respect. Now if I so feel like it I can Flip em off.
OH fer what its worth I Loath WCJ also . ;)

prrriiide
10/20/2010, 11:42 PM
The funny thing is...you "conservatives" would throw Reagan and Goldwater out on their arses for being "RINOs" and too liberal.

olevetonahill
10/20/2010, 11:54 PM
The funny thing is...you "conservatives" would throw Reagan and Goldwater out on their arses for being "RINOs" and too liberal.

Bro , I apologized Fer calling ya stupid , Please dont make me regret it :D

10/21/2010, 12:29 AM
The funny thing is...you "conservatives" would throw Reagan and Goldwater out on their arses for being "RINOs" and too liberal.Are you and the guy from So.Carolina having a lamebrain contest? You both have amazing, twilight zone offerings, in this thread alone.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 12:44 AM
Actually, prrriiide has a point...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that about Reagan (although several of his actions would be anathema to today's so-called "conservatives."

As for Goldwater, he's 100% right. Goldwater is my kind of conservative (the libertarian leaning sort) and would have been considered what Rush likes to call a "RINO" if he were in the Senate today.

For example, Goldwater absolutely opposed (rightly so) across the board tax cuts (much like Bush's) unless they were coupled with reciprocal cuts in spending because he (rightly again) worried about the deficit. This is back when Republicans worried about the deficit and didn't feed the public that bull**** about the deficit not being an issue so long as the economy kept growing.

Goldwater correctly supported the legalization of marijuana.

Goldwater was a fierce opponent of the religious-right which he considered to be a dangerous threat to individual liberty. Again...absolutely 100% right. Plus, he supported homosexual civil unions and supported the rights of gays to serve openly in the military.

He also had the balls to oppose the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Just try to find a Republican these days that would oppose that. The GOP is so full of such gutless twits they'd run a 1000 miles away from someone who openly opposed that.

Goldwater was a great great man. My idol in fact...even more so than Reagan.

10/21/2010, 01:09 AM
Actually, prrriiide has a point...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that about Reagan (although several of his actions would be anathema to today's so-called "conservatives."

As for Goldwater, he's 100% right. Goldwater is my kind of conservative (the libertarian leaning sort) and would have been considered what Rush likes to call a "RINO" if he were in the Senate today.(see how silly I am)

For example, Goldwater absolutely opposed (rightly so) across the board tax cuts (much like Bush's) unless they were coupled with reciprocal cuts in spending because he (rightly again) worried about the deficit. This is back when Republicans worried about the deficit and didn't feed the public that bull**** about the deficit not being an issue so long as the economy kept growing.

Goldwater correctly supported the legalization of marijuana.

Goldwater was a fierce opponent of the religious-right which he considered to be a dangerous threat to individual liberty. Again...absolutely 100% right. Plus, he supported homosexual civil unions and supported the rights of gays to serve openly in the military.

He also had the balls to oppose the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Just try to find a Republican these days that would oppose that. The GOP is so full of such gutless twits they'd run a 1000 miles away from someone who openly opposed that.

Goldwater was a great great man. My idol in fact...even more so than Reagan.Goldwater had some views that were good, but he wasn't nearly as consistently good as Reagan. I didn't find him very likeable. I guess the voting public in '64 didn't either. Then, Goldwater became quite a lib as he grew older, and only remained in favor of "conservatives" like SicEm.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:38 AM
Goldwater had some views that were good, but he wasn't nearly as consistently good as Reagan. I didn't find him very likeable. I guess the voting public in '64 didn't either. Then, Goldwater became quite a lib as he grew older, and only remained in favor of "conservatives" like SicEm.

:sigh: You still can't tell the difference between liberal and libertarian, can you?

I can't think of anything that Goldwater was liberal about. I don't think there was a single liberal sinew in that man's body. He embodied the principles of responsible government, states' rights, INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY, a healthy distrust of the government, and a distrust of anyone or any movement that denies the liberty the rest of us enjoy to others.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 01:43 AM
I mean, JESUS man, Goldwater liberal? Are you kidding?

He was the epitome of conservatism.

1. Fiscal Responsibility -- CHECK

2. A belief in the right of individuals to come and go, say as they please, and do what they want without a Big Brother government telling them what they can and can not do when they're doing NOTHING to hurt or otherwise interfere in the liberty of others. -- CHECK

3. A fierce opposition to communism and/or any other form of socialism. -- CHECK

The man was unflinching in his belief that the Federal government should be kept small and restricted to its proper constitutional role, that the government should be fiscally responsible, and that individuals should have the absolute maximum amount of liberty possible and be free of government and you call him a LIBERAL?

I just shake my head. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll go crawl into a corner and weep for the Republic.

10/21/2010, 02:02 AM
One of our leftist guys(priidde) in this thread said conservatives would call Goldwater and Reagan RINOs. Not me. I said Goldwater became one later in life, not when he was in the Senate. Reagan was a very good man all his later yrs, and one of the 3 or so really good presidents of last century. Cerainly the best president since Coolidge.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 05:04 AM
See yer Key word there is "VETERAN" Now when I was active I "HAD" to show respect. Now if I so feel like it I can Flip em off.
OH fer what its worth I Loath WCJ also . ;)
Understandable :P

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 05:12 AM
Goldwater had some views that were good, but he wasn't nearly as consistently good as Reagan. I didn't find him very likeable. I guess the voting public in '64 didn't either. Then, Goldwater became quite a lib as he grew older, and only remained in favor of "conservatives" like SicEm.
I'll echo what SicEm says, you have no idea what the difference is between left wing liberalism and classic liberalism. Goldwater is THE classic liberal, a champion of personal freedom and an enemy of "big government". This "liberalization" in his later life were just libertarian views. Goldwater just didn't go to the bible to find his social agenda.

Reagan was an average president at best, and I say that as a libertarian.

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2010, 11:51 AM
Reagan was an average president at best, and I say that as a libertarian.As compared to who, Obumblefuc???

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2010, 11:55 AM
Looking more and more like he is The One. Termer.
Or the biggest political bust in modern American history.

How low will he go? Obama approval hits yet another bottom and 54% now say, 'No second term'

And this has to hurt...

At this point in the second year of George W. Bush's presidency, 62% thought he deserved a second term after only 48% voted for him in 2000.http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/10/obama-approval-record-low.html

10/21/2010, 12:14 PM
I'll echo what SicEm says, you have no idea what the difference is between left wing liberalism and classic liberalism. Goldwater is THE classic liberal, a champion of personal freedom and an enemy of "big government". This "liberalization" in his later life were just libertarian views. Goldwater just didn't go to the bible to find his social agenda.

Reagan was an average president at best, and I say that as a libertarian.Uh huh. Be sure to vote on Nov. 3

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 12:24 PM
Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, probably on the basis of "personal freedoms" (to be a racist POS).

Only the Deep South (and his home state of AZ) voted for him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ElectoralCollege1964.svg

JohnnyMack
10/21/2010, 12:28 PM
SicEm 1
Rush 0

10/21/2010, 01:17 PM
SicEm 1
Rush 0Sicem's a 3rd party guy. ie. he's on your side. Your opinion doesn't surprise anyone.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 01:53 PM
As compared to who, Obumblefuc???
I'm sorry is Obama the only other president in history? Reagan ran up some pretty large deficits, lied about CONTRA and saw the poverty rate rise. He pretty much created RINOs with starting republican deficit spending. I like many things he did in foreign policy, however I'd rate him middle of the pack when it comes to his entire presidency.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 01:58 PM
Uh huh. Be sure to vote on Nov. 3
Nice rebuttal

badger
10/21/2010, 02:11 PM
Uh huh. Be sure to vote on Nov. 3

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4009/1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 03:04 PM
Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, probably on the basis of "personal freedoms" (to be a racist POS).

Only the Deep South (and his home state of AZ) voted for him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ElectoralCollege1964.svg

See, this just shows your absolute ignorance of calling someone a racist simply because of a particular policy.

For the record, there was not a racist bone in his body. Everyone who ever knew him (including his Democratic colleagues) said he didn't have a racist bone in his body.

He opposed the bill purely because he believed it was an infringement upon states' rights.

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2010, 03:06 PM
Reagan ran up some pretty large deficits, lied about CONTRA and saw the poverty rate rise.

America's GDP grew much more than the spending. The longest economic expansion in history actually. So the share of the debt actually went down.

And much of that spending ended the cold war, which allowed for the so-called "peace dividend" Clinton enjoyed.

As for the poverty rate, that's incorrect.

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 03:15 PM
See, this just shows your absolute ignorance of calling someone a racist simply because of a particular policy.

For the record, there was not a racist bone in his body. Everyone who ever knew him (including his Democratic colleagues) said he didn't have a racist bone in his body.

He opposed the bill purely because he believed it was an infringement upon states' rights.

When did I call Goldwater a racist? You don't read clearly.

texaspokieokie
10/21/2010, 03:17 PM
NO

oops, i never did.

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2010, 03:19 PM
Goldwater was just ahead of his time, that's all.

Now that we are witnessing the collapse of liberal socialism both here and in Europe, its only a matter of time before Goldwater style conservatism dominates the GOP and even parts of the Democratic party. The Tea Party is just the beginning of that movement.

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 03:21 PM

Now that we are witnessing the collapse of liberal socialism both here and in Europe, its only a matter of time before Goldwater style conservatism dominates the GOP and even parts of the Democratic party. The Tea Party is just the beginning of that movement.

Delusional. The tea-party is a whole lot like republicanism--just more self-righteous.

Changing your name and re-branding yourself as something "fresh" doesn't make it so.

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2010, 03:26 PM
It might not be fresh, but it sure is alot better than what "Hope N Change" has given us thus far.

Serge Ibaka
10/21/2010, 03:28 PM
It might not be fresh, but it sure is alot better than what "Hope N Change" has given us thus far.

Blah Blah Blah. I get it. Anti-Obama rhetoric. Yada Yada hate.

I said so too earlier in the thread.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 03:49 PM
And much of that spending ended the cold war, which allowed for the so-called "peace dividend" Clinton enjoyed.

Except, Republicans crucified Clinton for cashing in on that "peace dividend."

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 03:51 PM
When did I call Goldwater a racist? You don't read clearly.

My bad. I didn't read closely enough. I thought you were calling Goldwater a racist POS not his defense of someone to be a racist POS. Carry on.

JohnnyMack
10/21/2010, 03:52 PM

You come off as a lot more neo-con than you do libertarian. Just sayin'.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 03:54 PM

I want to take a hit from your bottle of Delusion. I bet it feels really gooooood to be that drunk on delusion.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 03:55 PM
America's GDP grew much more than the spending. The longest economic expansion in history actually. So the share of the debt actually went down.

As for the poverty rate, that's incorrect.
Irrelevant, government spending *is* calculated part of GDP. Obama has increased the GDP while in office.
Look at this spike in the debt component of GDP while Reagan was in office.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Components-of-total-US-debt.jpg

Debatable, the Soviet Union was going to crumble, it was just a matter of when. Probably not worth rocketing us into debt for

Children up, seniors down, both of us are wrong/right on that one
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/4998353105_3131af7755.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 03:56 PM
You come off as a lot more neo-con than you do libertarian. Just sayin'.

That's because he is. He's one of the biggest cheerleaders of neo-con policy around here short of Homey.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 03:57 PM
Wow...that's was only slightly racist. Maybe your argument might sound more educated if you didn't try to sound like a racist jackass.

No matter how much you guys complain about the governemnt, too conservative or too liberal, it's going to be the same no matter who is in office. How much does the position of the Presidency affect your life on a daily basis? I will go ahead and say not much at all. People are going to be unhappy either way, that's why I try not to care too much.
This, Obama can talk a big game about change, [insert Republican candidate here] can talk a big game, but in the end the presidency is more like a chess match. Moves/decisions are highly constricted and good players (as all presidents are) will make the same moves.

JohnnyMack
10/21/2010, 04:01 PM
That's because he is. He's one of the biggest cheerleaders of neo-con policy around here short of Homey.

Oh I know, it's just amusing (and sad at the same time) to watch a movement that has a glimmer of potential like the Tea Party get devoured by the entrenched Neo-Cons who claim it as their own.

10/21/2010, 04:18 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4009/1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpgGee, ain't you a Stute!!!

dwarthog
10/21/2010, 04:22 PM
Wow...that's was only slightly racist. Maybe your argument might sound more educated if you didn't try to sound like a racist jackass.

No matter how much you guys complain about the governemnt, too conservative or too liberal, it's going to be the same no matter who is in office. How much does the position of the Presidency affect your life on a daily basis? I will go ahead and say not much at all. People are going to be unhappy either way, that's why I try not to care too much.

The big prize this election cycle are the Governor seats, with the Republican's likely to end up with a decent majority of those seats. This is where the real change is going to happen at, no doubt much to the chagrin of the Dems.

2010 is a census year which means congressional re-districting.

Having control of the Governor's chair means they will be able to redistrict in favor of their party, where applicable.

10/21/2010, 04:23 PM

Now that we are witnessing the collapse of liberal socialism both here and in Europe, its only a matter of time before Goldwater style conservatism dominates the GOP and even parts of the Democratic party. The Tea Party is just the beginning of that movement.Either that will happen, or civil unrest. We are entering a very volatile period in our history, after over 60 years of relative stability.

SoonerNate
10/21/2010, 04:34 PM
Obama's approval ratings have fallen every quarter since his inauguration.

That's 7 consecutive quarters, kids.

How's that Hope and Change suckers? LMAO

Tulsa_Fireman
10/21/2010, 05:04 PM
Can we hurry up and be dirty red communists already?

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2010, 05:32 PM

With a billion Chinese, do you think I'll have more success with their Mao-lovin' wimmins?

PDXsooner
10/21/2010, 06:04 PM
sigh...

soonerscuba
10/21/2010, 06:14 PM
This thread had no chance from the start. What a foolish attempt at a discussion. A whole lot of the posturing, tough-talk, and aggressiveness that occurs on the South Oval would never occur in person.Zactaticatactly. I have never once had somebody accuse me of treason for being against an unfunded waste of a trillion dollars in the dessert. Do I like Obama? Define like. Role model? Sure. Effective president? Get back to me in 10 years.

I thought the sun rose and set with Clinton, he was likable, effective and presided over a great economy. He also fell in love with real estate and push to make it an investment for people that can't afford it. Given hindsight, he was a big part of the problem we face today and far from perfect on the economic front (he was also accused of socialism, etc for raising a marginal rate). The primary reason I still remain a Democrat, at least very tenuously, is that they occasionally make an attempt to fund their policy. I see no reason why this current crop of Republicans will do anything differently than they have the past 30 years, which is kick a very large can and talk a big game. That said, I still hope they win so that maybe there will be some effective policy enactments that force both sides to give up their sacred cows, which is a nice way of saying cut spending, raise taxes.

Jerk
10/21/2010, 09:09 PM
[quote=prrriiide;2996060

Obama is the worst President we could have elected - except for all of the other choices.[/quote]

You're kidding, right? McCain was RINO hated by the right wing of his own party (disclosure - that includes me). The guy was a compromiser and a moderate, maybe even liberal among Republicans.

And you guys elected a documented Marxist who believes in such things as Black Liberation Theology and "redistributive justice" who would do such things as shove a healthcare bill up our arse that threatened individuals with jail time if they didn't buy government approved insurance and blow 3 trillion dollars on a bunch of garbage.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking: "There is no jail time!"

What happens if you don't pay the 'fine'?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/21/2010, 09:56 PM
You're kidding, right? McCain was RINO hated by the right wing of his own party (disclosure - that includes me). The guy was a compromiser and a moderate, maybe even liberal among Republicans.

OH MY ****ING GOD A COMPROMISER?

And you guys elected a documented Marxist who believes in such things as Black Liberation Theology and "redistributive justice" who would do such things as shove a healthcare bill up our arse that threatened individuals with jail time if they didn't buy government approved insurance and blow 3 trillion dollars on a bunch of garbage.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking: "There is no jail time!"

What happens if you don't pay the 'fine'?
Did you get this from Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck?

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2010, 11:56 PM
Meh. Thread of poop...I ignore you.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/22/2010, 12:13 AM

I for one welcome our new insect overlords...

badger
10/22/2010, 02:06 PM
You know who still likes Obama? Tom Coburn.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101022_262_0_hrimgs39608)

Prays for him every week :)

fadada1
10/22/2010, 02:35 PM
lemme answer the original question with another:
anyone still like W after the ****storm he created from 2000-2008?

another:
anyone think it'd be any different (than W) had mccain been elected?

another:
would you feel better with sarah palin running things? JESUSHCHRIST!!!! the thought of that frightens the ever-living **** out of me.

don't fault the guy for trying to make change. we were already halfway to hell in a handbasket with no signs of turning around. at least the guy is trying to do something.

Soonerman82
10/22/2010, 03:06 PM
No matter what party you put in there....they all scare the hell out of me....

This they are all crooks.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2010, 03:56 PM

No, I want to fire him because he is a Socialist.

10/22/2010, 04:02 PM
another:
would you feel better with sarah palin running things? JESUSHCHRIST!!!! the thought of that frightens the ever-living **** out of me.
IT SHOULD! Sarah would try to CUT TAXES, fergodssakes! She might even want to DOWNSIZE GOVERNMENT! HOLY HELL! Worse yet, she prolly would want to CUT SOME GOVT. SPENDING!

THE HECK WITH ALL THAT FOOLISHNESS!haha

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/22/2010, 05:19 PM
IT SHOULD! Sarah would try to CUT TAXES, fergodssakes! She might even want to DOWNSIZE GOVERNMENT! HOLY HELL! Worse yet, she prolly would want to CUT SOME GOVT. SPENDING!

THE HECK WITH ALL THAT FOOLISHNESS!haha
If she knew what any of things were she might

10/22/2010, 05:25 PM
If she knew what any of things were she mightWhat geniuses have convinced you she's stupid?(she often speaks about all three of those subjects)

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2010, 05:31 PM
What geniuses have convinced you she's stupid?(she often speaks about all three of those subjects)

Rush, I know I've said this ad-nauseum, but believe it or not some people reach their own conclusions via independent study, observation, rational analysis, etc. Not everyone gets their news and analysis from talking heads or radio talk show hosts.

Palin, while right on many issues, clearly lacks a deep understanding of most issues. Her breadth of knowledge is wide but not very deep. In other words, she can give 30 second sound bites on plenty of issues but beyond that she's lacking... I didn't get that from anyone -- I don't listen to talk radio or talking heads (I do my own thinking) so I didn't "get that" from anyone.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/22/2010, 06:11 PM
What geniuses have convinced you she's stupid?(she often speaks about all three of those subjects)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQwAFobQxQ

Among many other things, I can actually decide for myself and not just eat up what Glen Beck tells me

Okla-homey
10/22/2010, 06:49 PM
With a billion Chinese, do you think I'll have more success with their Mao-lovin' wimmins?

No. Chinese women value education and prospects in their men. Especially now that the boy/girl ratio is so skewed due to the one baby per family policy that resulted in far more male live births than female. As a college drop-out, you would be lonely.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2010, 07:33 PM
No. Chinese women value education and prospects in their men. Especially now that the boy/girl ratio is so skewed due to the one baby per family policy that resulted in far more male live births than female. As a college drop-out, you would be lonely.

Yeah....I didn't drop out so much as Baylor wouldn't let me enroll without, you know, giving them money. If you want to pick up my tuition tab instead of being a jackass though then I'd love to go back.

Just my suggestion on how to be a bit more positive and a little less of a d-bag.

picasso
10/22/2010, 08:32 PM
You know who still likes Obama? Tom Coburn.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101022_262_0_hrimgs39608)

Prays for him every week :)

I seriously doubt he likes his politics.

picasso
10/22/2010, 08:35 PM
Palin, while right on many issues, clearly lacks a deep understanding of most issues. Her breadth of knowledge is wide but not very deep. In other words, she can give 30 second sound bites on plenty of issues but beyond that she's lacking... I didn't get that from anyone -- I don't listen to talk radio or talking heads (I do my own thinking) so I didn't "get that" from anyone.

You just described our current President.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2010, 08:38 PM
You just described our current President.

It's not that he doesn't understand the issues. Obama is a very intelligent guy -- don't think otherwise. The problem with Obama isn't that he doesn't understand the issues; he doesn't understand the real-world impact of his policies on those issues. Everything he knows is based purely on theory, and he's never had to put those theories to an actual real-world test. He also suffers from the problem of having never been in an executive-style position before. You could be the greatest genius the world has ever known, but if you don't have a clue how to run even a small organization then there's no way you're going to properly manage the world's lone super power (for the time being).

Essentially, his problem is judgement not intelligence.

10/22/2010, 08:43 PM
Rush, I know I've said this ad-nauseum, but believe it or not some people reach their own conclusions via independent study, observation, rational analysis, etc. Not everyone gets their news and analysis from talking heads or radio talk show hosts.

Palin, while right on many issues, clearly lacks a deep understanding of most issues. Her breadth of knowledge is wide but not very deep. In other words, she can give 30 second sound bites on plenty of issues but beyond that she's lacking... I didn't get that from anyone -- I don't listen to talk radio or talking heads (I do my own thinking) so I didn't "get that" from anyone.1) Those who think she's stupid independently listen to leftist (MSM)media. They call her stupid because she doesn't believe in the same pink ideas they do.
2)I doubt you know much about the "depth" of Palin's knowledge on just about any subject. I know you feel obliged to defend the lefties on this board, since their own defenses are pretty pathetic, and you have decided the republicans are no better than the dems.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2010, 08:59 PM
1) Those who think she's stupid independently listen to leftist (MSM)media. They call her stupid because she doesn't believe in the same pink ideas they do.
2)I doubt you know much about the "depth" of Palin's knowledge on just about any subject. I know you feel obliged to defend the lefties on this board, since their own defenses are pretty pathetic, and you have decided the republicans are no better than the dems.

I base my opinion purely on what she's publicly demonstrated.

10/22/2010, 09:08 PM
I base my opinion purely on what she's publicly demonstrated.Suuure you do. BTW, you never called her stupid, like the MSM does, but are trying hard to convey that while her ideas are good, she doesn't demonstrate intellectual depth. I think most conservatives or somewhat conservatives are fine with her, and she scares the Bejesus out of the left, because she's so well liked and respected by so many people..

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/22/2010, 09:28 PM
1) Those who think she's stupid independently listen to leftist (MSM)media. They call her stupid because she doesn't believe in the same pink ideas they do.
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxAO7cH-xrE

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXmuhWrlj4&feature=channel

3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEZITdTFfPY&feature=related

10/23/2010, 12:09 AM
Vote democrat! haha

tommieharris91
10/23/2010, 12:24 AM
SCS, the other guy's handle should have told you all you need to know about him long ago.

10/23/2010, 12:26 AM
From a recent email I received:

The "Obama Phone*" - NO JOKE
I was standing in line at the checkout counter at Wal Mart and as I looked at the line behind me, I saw a couple of people talking about what looked like identical new cell phones, bragging about the fact that their phones were free and so was the airtime.
The woman in line behind me had heard the same exchange and turned to the young man behind her and asked, "Is that a new type of cell phone?" The young man replied, "Yes, this is my new "Obama phone"*".
She asked him what an "Obama phone*" was, and he went on to say that, Welfare recipients are now eligible to receive what he described as (1) a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every month.
Needless to say, I was a little skeptical about his answer, so when I got back home, I "Googled'? it, and lo and behold, he was telling the truth.
This was what I discovered:
SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers.
In other words, your tax dollars are being distributed to a wireless phone provider to provide welfare recipients with free cell phones and airtime.
I don't know about you, but as for me, enough is enough. We are $14 Trillion in debt, and Congress is increasing the dole-out to dead beats.
The ship of State is sinking, and it's sinking fast.

10/23/2010, 12:55 AM
That daggone Sharron Angle, why she's just as stupid as the Palin woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ36H9lkeRc&feature=player_embedded

Crucifax Autumn
10/23/2010, 01:10 AM
Angle is an idiot. Just because Obama and Reid are also idiots doesn't excuse her from being a moron. And she's not as stupid as Palin...She makes Palin look like Einstein on every subject. There is no real choice for Senator in NV. We have one guy who's had his chance to try and solve the unemployment issues and failed and one woman who says she won't do shat about it.

Okla-homey
10/23/2010, 06:27 AM
Yeah....I didn't drop out so much as Baylor wouldn't let me enroll without, you know, giving them money. If you want to pick up my tuition tab instead of being a jackass though then I'd love to go back.

Just my suggestion on how to be a bit more positive and a little less of a d-bag.

I'll be positive. Get a job, or a student loan. You can do it!

Don't be a whiney welfare weenie; "I can't graduate from college because no one will give me free money." Also, perhaps you can go to the health department and get some free Vagisil. Sounds like you need it.

Scott D
10/23/2010, 10:44 AM
Proof Angle is an idiot. You call out a city, you're 150% wrong about that city, and when you are invited to visit that city you crawl back under the rock you came from.

PrideTrombone
10/23/2010, 10:53 AM

I was standing in line at the checkout counter at Wal Mart and as I looked at the line behind me, I saw a couple of people talking about what looked like identical new cell phones, bragging about the fact that their phones were free and so was the airtime.
The woman in line behind me had heard the same exchange and turned to the young man behind her and asked, "Is that a new type of cell phone?" The young man replied, "Yes, this is my new "Obama phone"*".
She asked him what an "Obama phone*" was, and he went on to say that, Welfare recipients are now eligible to receive what he described as (1) a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every month.
Needless to say, I was a little skeptical about his answer, so when I got back home, I "Googled'? it, and lo and behold, he was telling the truth.
SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers.
In other words, your tax dollars are being distributed to a wireless phone provider to provide welfare recipients with free cell phones and airtime.
I don't know about you, but as for me, enough is enough. We are $14 Trillion in debt, and Congress is increasing the dole-out to dead beats.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

You'd probably have a better chance of him reading that if you e-mailed it to him under the caption: OMG! Lib APOLOGISTS!

10/23/2010, 12:48 PM
You'd probably have a better chance of him reading that if you e-mailed it to him under the caption: OMG! Lib APOLOGISTS!Good idea. What's your email address? You can forward that stuff to me. VOTE DEMOCRAT!haha

SanJoaquinSooner
10/23/2010, 01:09 PM
Angle may be an idoit, but I was impressed with her "man up" chants against Reid. I think she'll win.

Barbara Boxer's commercials are very effective against Chainsaw Carly in California's senate race. Boxer wins that one. Carly's ads just aren't effective.

Of course the pubs blew any chance of controlling the senate when they nominatied that witch in Delaware. 51-49 donks is my prediction.

The pubs will control the House though, which will be good in the overall scheme of things. The pubs gain 50-something seats in the House is my prediction.

Meg Whitman will lose to Jerry Brown. She blew 120 million of her own money. Maybe jerry will appoint her postmaster general of Orange county for consolation.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/23/2010, 01:32 PM

Lets end the Iraq and Afghanistan wars then, they cost way more than this cellphone subsidy ever could.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2010, 01:55 PM
Good idea. What's your email address? You can forward that stuff to me. VOTE DEMOCRAT!haha

Psst: You don't need MY e-mail address for me to forward stuff to YOU. Somehow I'm getting the idea that you spend your life forwarding stupid stuff to yourself in e-mail, then posting it here.

10/23/2010, 02:01 PM
Psst: You don't need MY e-mail address for me to forward stuff to YOU. Somehow I'm getting the idea that you spend your life forwarding stupid stuff to yourself in e-mail, then posting it here.Psst: you didn't get the joke. You should do well in Loyer school.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2010, 02:05 PM
Psst: you didn't get the joke. You should do well in Loyer school.

Psst: Just because everyone laughs at you doesn't mean you told a joke. You should do well selling secondhand clothes.

10/23/2010, 02:05 PM
VOTE DEMOCRAT!haha