PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Mizzou Game

yankee
10/18/2010, 06:54 PM
Whatever they're worth. :rolleyes:

All we've been hearing about is this defense of Missouri's and that we haven't seen anything like it. I say BS. We played a very athletic Florida State defense and ran all over them, and we punched the even more athletic and better coached defense of Texas in the mouth for the first half. Unless Mushchump and his 5 star defensive backs/linebackers/d-linemen show up in the Black and Gold, there is no way this Mizzou defense is as talented and as well coached as defenses we have already seen.

Now don't get me wrong. In no way am I saying we will absolutely beat Mizzou and beat them like a drum. Night game. College GameDay is there. It's their homecoming. We're #1. They're #11. ABC Primetime TV. And I thought their stadium only held about 50K...turns out they can jam 75K into it. It's gonna be rocking. We still have a young team, that I think has exceeded just about everyone's expectations. It's been awesome to see them mature on the field, but many are still relatively inexperienced. If they're not totally and 100% mentally checked in, we could very well lose this game. But I think if they come out firing on both the offense and defense, this game is over by halftime. Big "if" though.

We shall see. Flame away. Boomer Sooner.

Soonermagik
10/18/2010, 06:58 PM
OU plays to the level of their competition. No offense, but Gary Pinkel is not exactly good in big games. They will be fired up for sure, but once OU gets settled in I don't think MizzOU will be able to do the same.

OU 37

MizzOU 17

MyT Oklahoma
10/18/2010, 07:00 PM
I've been watching the Sooners for years and I didn't know what to make of this year's team. But last Saturday night in Norman I saw exactly what I hoped to see.. this OU team playing at the level that they are capable of. DM's getting the touchdown record was just a bonus as was Broyles personal best as was Landry's completion percentage record. Oh yeah.. watching Finch run was also a bonus.

If these same guys show up next Saturday night we will be just fine in Columbia.

Soonerfan88
10/18/2010, 07:50 PM
Having Adrian Taylor back to 100% is a big plus. He had a great game Saturday and I expect he will have lots of fun taking down Statue Gabbert. I am not really convinced on the quality of their dline, especially if their DE Smith is still out. Therefore, I think we have a great day running the ball & controlling the clock.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 07:54 PM
Having Adrian Taylor back to 100% is a big plus. He had a great game Saturday and I expect he will have lots of fun taking down Statue Gabbert. I am not really convinced on the quality of their dline, especially if their DE Smith is still out. Therefore, I think we have a great day running the ball & controlling the clock.

Adrian caused an immediate bulge inthe line as soon as the ball was snapped, it's good to have him back.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 07:55 PM
The tigers weaknesses:

Their oline.
Their dline.
Their running game.
Their linebackers.

Their strengths:

Their qb.
Their dbs.
Their wrs.

TigerFan4Life
10/18/2010, 07:55 PM

From what I've read Aldon Smith will be back and our DE's are pretty deep IMO. The back-ups behind Smith have played pretty well, especially Madison. Only time will tell.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 07:56 PM
FSU may have had decent athletes, but they lacked any discipline and were clearly struggling with their new system on D. I don't see anything there for comparison. What we did to the horns is more relevant - no change in coach/system and plenty of talent. But we only owned them for the 1st half. This could be more like the Cincy game and if we play like we did there, we probably don't win. I think we've turned the corner and play well for the full game and if so, we win.

TigerFan4Life
10/18/2010, 07:57 PM
The tigers weaknesses:

Their oline.
Their dline.
Their running game.
Their linebackers.

Their strengths:

Their qb.
Their dbs.
Their wrs.

Wondering why you think our DLine is one of our weaknesses?

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 08:03 PM
Wondering why you think our DLine is one of our weaknesses?

Well if smith is back that helps, but you all have played some **** poor offenses...only one in thetop 40. Yeah you numbers are inflated thanks to a mediocre schedule.

Does that mean Missouri stinks? Not at all. We have seen these inflated defenses almost every season when it comes to the likes of teams like osu Missouri, tech and a&m.

Okie35
10/18/2010, 08:03 PM
38-17... we pull away in the 3rd

randall180
10/18/2010, 08:16 PM
In no way am I saying we will absolutely beat Mizzou and beat them like a drum.

I am. I live in St Louis. MizzOU fans all around. I had an extra ticket to the game and couldn't get anyone to buy it. MizzOU fans know they will get beat. All the talk is how they can't believe the scheduled us for their homecoming. MizzOU does NOT come back from behind. When we score our first 2 touchdowns that go un answered, the crowd will start leaving. If you're watching the game at home, by the 3rd quarter they will stop doing crowd shots because 30k people will be exiting the stadium to avoid the rush back home. The players give up. The coaches give up. The crowd gives up.

When is the last time we lost to Mizzou? 1998? I was at that game. I think we had 3 quarterbacks. Blake is no longer our coach. We have no reason to doubt.

Remember when Daniels was all the rage? We had his number... and he kept whining and crying and throwing his helmet. That tradition will continue.

The Sooners are coming. The tiggers know it and are scared. We will beat them. And beat them like a drum. The echo of that drum will be heard when those humans vote in their polls.

It's good to be a Sooner.

Soonerfan88
10/18/2010, 09:19 PM
So according to reports from Big XII press conference, Smith is playing but their MLB Lambert is out.

jadubya
10/18/2010, 09:28 PM
OUr relationship to the all talk tigers is very much akin to the Horns relationship to the butthurt huskers. If we play our game....we will win convincingly.