PDA

View Full Version : Whorns obsessing over OU? Surely not!

Jacie
10/18/2010, 06:30 PM
Well, maybe a little.

Five threads about Oklahoma on the first page of the On the Field forum at hornfans.com, two more on the second page, another on the third.

Nice to see they have to talk about OU . . .

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 06:33 PM
Are they taking solace in the fact they only lost by 8 to the #1 team in the country on a neutral field? :D:D

soonercastor
10/18/2010, 06:35 PM
Are they taking solace in the fact they only lost by 8 to the #1 team in the country on a neutral field? :D:D

even better, they almost beat the #1 team in the nation; we'll have to wait for another time to see them unveil that 9 pts play.:D

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 06:36 PM
I bet they are organizing a Banner making party.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 06:38 PM
They are selling Collector Glasses to help pay for the planes.

http://www.modfather.com/images/wright/asterick2.jpg

Hot Rod
10/18/2010, 06:46 PM
Ever notice how much they whine after they dont get their way? Here's an idea, beat UCLA and OU! If you cant then shut up!

They need to quit worrying about OU and look towards OSU.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 06:49 PM
I was really irked at our coaches for the 2nd half plan that let the horns back in the game, but now I'm reconsidering that position. If it causes the horn fans to *think* they almost won that game and dream about all the woulda-coulda-shoulda scenarios all season - it was well worth it!! I should trust the brass more, they take the longer view.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 06:55 PM
Kinda like they "almost won" against Bama? It's funny how a team can be beat down for three quarters solidly, and when a defenses relaxes with a big lead they act like, oh no, they were in the game the whole time.

A Sooner in Texas
10/18/2010, 06:58 PM
And yet, here we are obsessing about them on Page 1 of our board. ;)

aero
10/18/2010, 07:31 PM
Actually a lot of them are saying we didn't beat them, rather they beat themselves. Some even throwing out stats to show how they outplayed us and only because of their miscues did they not win.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 07:34 PM
The game is clearly haunting them and I should not derive pleasure from that. I'm a bad person.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 07:36 PM
screw em

Sooner_Tuf
10/18/2010, 07:54 PM
Kinda like they "almost won" against Bama? It's funny how a team can be beat down for three quarters solidly, and when a defenses relaxes with a big lead they act like, oh no, they were in the game the whole time.

When they say they almost won I ask them how losing by 17 points is almost winning? Most of them say no way it was way closer than that.

You don't get points for turnovers and INTs except in Texas. They keep forgetting that part.

prrriiide
10/18/2010, 07:55 PM
Actually a lot of them are saying we didn't beat them, rather they beat themselves. Some even throwing out stats to show how they outplayed us and only because of their miscues did they not win.

The only stat that matters sez we beat their asses.

Monster Zero
10/18/2010, 08:40 PM
screw em

In the nose, 'cause that's the only virgin orifice they have left.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 11:27 PM

2DYFN8k_tTI

stoopified
10/18/2010, 11:31 PM

http://www.modfather.com/images/wright/asterick2.jpgFunny stuff

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:32 PM
Holy crap that is funny.

OUthunder
10/18/2010, 11:33 PM
I bet that Mack claps in his sleep.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:35 PM
Well, maybe a little.

Five threads about Oklahoma on the first page of the On the Field forum at hornfans.com, two more on the second page, another on the third.

Nice to see they have to talk about OU . . .

What do you expect from a university located in a city that proudly proclaims "Keep Austin Weird."

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:38 PM
What do you expect from a university located in a city that proudly proclaims "Keep Austin Weird."

That has more conotations than can be referred to here....lol

KantoSooner
10/19/2010, 07:32 AM
I sometimes date a lady from Austin. (She is uber hot, far beyond my normal league, sue me.) Life long Texican. I finally got her to come visit Okieland and her surprise was nearly pathetic.
"Oklahoma has Starbucks?!?"
"A winebar?!!!!!"
"Wow, the hills are so pretty this time of year..."

It was like she thought the Red River was some secret force field. Seriously, I know Texas is big and all, but they need to get out a bit. Very narrow people living in an echo chamber.

Take pity on them, they know not of which they speak.

tcrb
10/19/2010, 08:01 AM
Two words: texas$ sucks.

MeMyself&Me
10/19/2010, 08:26 AM
I sometimes date a lady from Austin. (She is uber hot, far beyond my normal league, sue me.) Life long Texican. I finally got her to come visit Okieland and her surprise was nearly pathetic.
"A winebar?!!!!!"

It was like she thought the Red River was some secret force field. Seriously, I know Texas is big and all, but they need to get out a bit. Very narrow people living in an echo chamber.

That right there is where my hatred for Texas starts. It's hard to put into words exactly what that attitude is that Texans have for their state but they do seem to think the world stops at the Texas borders. I didn't really get it until I lived here and when I try to tell people about it, the only way to describe it is through stories like that.

We all tend to pick on other states and stuff for the fun of it but the Texans actually believe the **** they say and don't realize how arrogant they sound when they show their surprise at being wrong about it.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2010, 08:32 AM
"A winebar?!!!!!"

But she can be forgiven; she's uber hot. Not so with the millions of non-hot one.

SoonerNutt
10/19/2010, 08:38 AM

That sentiment describes my post-game rationale after virtually every OU game coached by John Blake.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/19/2010, 08:39 AM

I remember how well that attitude played for KSU in 2000, you know "we were caught by surprise, but now a championship is on the line." And then for Colorado in 2002. Mulligan, anyone? How about Mizzou in 2007. Almost a repeat of "we were caught by surprise, but now a championship is on the line."

If things get weird this year, and we somehow end up in a bowl game against T*xas, allow me to quote Travis Lewis (cliche or not):

Bring it!

humblesooner
10/19/2010, 09:27 AM
That right there is where my hatred for Texas starts. It's hard to put into words exactly what that attitude is that Texans have for their state but they do seem to think the world stops at the Texas borders. I didn't really get it until I lived here and when I try to tell people about it, the only way to describe it is through stories like that.

We all tend to pick on other states and stuff for the fun of it but the Texans actually believe the **** they say and don't realize how arrogant they sound when they show their surprise at being wrong about it.

Well think about this when leaving the state of Texas. When you take the interstate east (I-10 or I-20) you run in to swampy Louisiana. When you take the interstate west (any of 'em) you run in to New Mexico desert. Take any of 'em south and you run in to Mexico (either the country or the Gulf of)
Then the geniuses decided that INTERSTATE 45 should only run from the coast to Dallas. Most texans don't even know where Oklahome is located.

ThinMan
10/19/2010, 09:35 AM
Well think about this when leaving the state of Texas. When you take the interstate east (I-10 or I-20) you run in to swampy Louisiana. When you take the interstate west (any of 'em) you run in to New Mexico desert. Take any of 'em south and you run in to Mexico (either the country or the Gulf of)
Then the geniuses decided that INTERSTATE 45 should only run from the coast to Dallas. Most texans don't even know where Oklahome is located.

Most have to be explained that New Mexico isn't a different country.

KantoSooner
10/19/2010, 09:44 AM
But she can be forgiven; she's uber hot. Not so with the millions of non-hot one.

Yes.

And yes.

cyclonesooner
10/19/2010, 11:51 AM
All I know is that being a native okie and then having coached in Texas for 30 years, when I cross that Red River and touch Oklahoma soil again, it always feels like I'm back HOME. Nice feeling everytime.

TahoeSOONER
10/19/2010, 11:59 AM
Scoreboard

3rdgensooner
10/19/2010, 12:00 PM
Sucks to be them

Jacie
10/19/2010, 12:52 PM
If things get weird this year, and we somehow end up in a bowl game against T*xas, allow me to quote Travis Lewis (cliche or not):

Bring it!

Hmmm, with the lone exception that I can think of being the 1978 Orange Bowl versus the nebbish, can anyone think of another bowl game played by teams from the same conference that had already played each other that season?

and this . . .

ThinMan:

Actually, most Texans have to have it explained that Texas isn't a different country.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2010, 02:39 PM
Hmmm, with the lone exception that I can think of being the 1978 Orange Bowl versus the nebbish, can anyone think of another bowl game played by teams from the same conference that had already played each other that season?

and this . . .

ThinMan:

Actually, most Texans have to have it explained that Texas isn't a different country.

I hated having that rematch. Yeah, it was satisfying to show you were really better than the one team that beat you. But it was obvious watching the 1st game that OU was the better team and I thought is was a let down not to be able to play a power team from another conference. The upside of the whole think was the look on Osborn's face when the teams were announced. The best "Oh, crap" photo on record.

pac10SUX
10/19/2010, 04:40 PM

http://www.modfather.com/images/wright/asterick2.jpg

Shouldn't these be whine glasses!! :texan: