PDA

View Full Version : This is not a joke...Chip Brown rates us 4th in the Big 12!

adoniijahsooner
10/18/2010, 02:28 PM
Of course he has Texas 1st...

http://twitter.com/BlatantHomerism

1. Texas

I know. I know. Put down the orange-colored glasses. But the Longhorns are better than Oklahoma. Sorry. In a bad Big 12 this season, I'm convinced if Texas doesn't commit the third-down penalties, UT wins that game with OU.

2. Nebraska

The pressure was too much for the Cornhuskers last weekend against Texas. Now, they have to pick up their shattered spirits to fend off the upset at Oklahoma State this weekend. (I'm not sure Nebraska can do that. Are you ready for that upset. I'm feeling it right now.)

3. Missouri

Mizzou is second nationally in scoring defense (10.8 ppg) and fourth in sacks (3.3 pg) because the Tigers have a ton of speed on defense. They also have the best quarterback in the Big 12 in Blaine Gabbert. OK, I'm calling it right now: Mizzou knocks off OU this weekend.

4. Oklahoma

The Sooners No. 1 in the BCS? That's a total joke. OU will lose at Mizzou this weekend.

5. Oklahoma State

Brandon Weeden is completing 69 percent of his passes; RB Kendall Hunter is No. 5 nationally averaging 138 rushing yards per game; and WR Justin Blackmon has become THE story for the Cowboys. Blackmon is No. 1 nationally in receiving yards per game (159.2 ypg) and No. 2 nationally in receptions per game (9.5 pg).

6. Kansas State

Bill Snyder and Co. demoralized Kansas last week. Now, the Wildcats have to go to Waco and keep the Bears from becoming bowl eligible. This will actually be a good game.

7. Baylor

By virtue of going on the road and beating Colorado and moving within a game of bowl eligibility at 5-2, the Bears move ahead of Texas Tech this week.

8. Texas A&M

Just in time … a road trip to sad-sack Kansas to distract the Aggies from firing up the web sites firemikesherman.com or benchjerrodjohnson.com.

9. Texas Tech

The Red Raiders are injured and now have to keep from fracturing this week at Colorado. Yikes. Team Leach is gaining confidence out in Lubbock.

10. Colorado

One week after the CU fans rushed the field because of a home win over Georgia, the Buffs were back to complaining with the loss at home to Baylor.

11. Iowa State

Paul Rhoads' teams play hard. They may not be as talented. But they play hard.

12. Kansas

Wow. Turner Gill already on the hot seat at KU? No. But his curfew is.

The
10/18/2010, 02:29 PM
What's a Chip Brown?

Mack's Brother?

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:30 PM
Poor Texas , allways getting the short end of the stick.

Hey he still put us ahead of Stoolwater.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/18/2010, 02:31 PM
They also have the best quarterback in the Big 12 in Blaine Gabbert.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

:gary:

crawfish
10/18/2010, 02:31 PM
I wonder what that orange kool-aid is laced with? :)

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 02:32 PM
What's a Chip Brown?

Mack's Brother?

I think it's backward - Brown Chip (as in cow chip)

adoniijahsooner
10/18/2010, 02:33 PM
What's a Chip Brown?

Mack's Brother?

He's the writer for Orangebloods...actually the same guy who wrote we are going down as a program, because Bob Stoops cant recruit Texas the way he use to. Funny since our best freshmen are from San Diego, Florida, and Missouri.

noobalicious
10/18/2010, 02:34 PM
Mizzou is second nationally in scoring defense (10.8 ppg)

After playing 0 ranked teams, and playing the #84, #16, #96, #78, and #18 offenses in the country (total offense, yardage).

Not surprisingly, the one game they were challenged at home was by SDSU who has the #16 offense.

lasooner123
10/18/2010, 02:35 PM
freaking joke!

TUSooner
That's the problem with the innerweb:
Every cow patty with an opinion thinks the rest of us are entitled to it. :rolleyes:

sooner_born_1960
Some guy rating teams in the Big12. His ratings don't affect the BCS standings, so who cares?

Boomer.....
10/18/2010, 02:37 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/rvyqza.jpg

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 02:37 PM
He has the horns over us because of the impact of their stupid penalties. You know, they count those penalties every time. Just like they count it if your coaches go into a 2nd half shell and let the team you totally dominated in the 1st half back into the game. All those ledgers get tallied and what do you get? The final score 28-20.

NOVSooner
10/18/2010, 02:42 PM
1. Texas

I know. I know. Put down the orange-colored glasses. But the Longhorns are better than Oklahoma. Sorry. In a bad Big 12 this season, I'm convinced if Texas doesn't commit the third-down penalties, UT wins that game with OU.

2. Nebraska

The pressure was too much for the Cornhuskers last weekend against Texas. Now, they have to pick up their shattered spirits to fend off the upset at Oklahoma State this weekend. (I'm not sure Nebraska can do that. Are you ready for that upset. I'm feeling it right now.)

Mercy! IF nebbish didn't drop 4 of the 8 passes they have 4 td's and blow up whornville. wonder why he didn't point that out?

soonersweetie
10/18/2010, 02:43 PM
Apparently he wasn't informed that we beat his supposedly superior horns a few weeks ago. What an idiot!

pac10SUX
10/18/2010, 02:47 PM
What's a Chip Brown?

Mack's Brother?

No, Mack's "life partner". NTTIAWWT :eek:

UncleFester
10/18/2010, 03:10 PM
1. Texas

What exactly is the connection between better competitive balance in the Big 12 and Texas NOT making dumb penalties?

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 03:11 PM
Apparently he doesn't know to put down the orange-colored glasses. What a **** tard.

ELP Sooner
10/18/2010, 03:12 PM
It's a fake, but it fooled some.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:20 PM
What happens after Baylor beats The shorthorns??

texas bandman
10/18/2010, 03:29 PM
Maybe we need to fly a 28-20 banner over his innerweb. ;)

OKC-SLC
10/18/2010, 04:15 PM
Robert Allen and Chip Brown like to have sex together.

Soonermagik
10/18/2010, 04:28 PM
Why not put Kansas ahead of us?

Dan Thompson
10/18/2010, 04:31 PM
I knew we were doomed, I just knew it.

yankee
10/18/2010, 04:37 PM
that twitter name is "blatanthomerism".

that's not the twitter account chip brown was posting updates from during the big 12 breakup saga. chip brown may be a whorn, but i don't think he's THAT stupid.

btk108
10/18/2010, 04:52 PM
All the Whorn callers on the sports shows are talking how they now have a shot at reaching the NC?

What are these people on?

adoniijahsooner
10/18/2010, 04:55 PM
that twitter name is "blatanthomerism".

that's not the twitter account chip brown was posting updates from during the big 12 breakup saga. chip brown may be a whorn, but i don't think he's THAT stupid.

He was also talking about his rankings on his radio show. the homerism guy is who caused me to look it up for myself. Some people were calling in asking if he was on drugs.

Hot Rod
10/18/2010, 04:56 PM
Did someone forget that Texas' worst home loss under Mack was this season?

cccasooner2
10/18/2010, 04:59 PM
Why doesn't Chip Brown follow Paris's example? If he wants attention, just get down on his elbows and knees and have it filmed. I know, a disgusting image, but one I'm sure a * fan has often assumed. :D

SoonerNate
10/18/2010, 05:05 PM
All the Whorn callers on the sports shows are talking how they now have a shot at reaching the NC?

Gotta love this. They beat an overrated Nebraska team because they dropped like 6 balls, 2 or 3 of which could have been touchdowns.

I like them getting their hopes up again that way they can be dashed again this year.

Judge Smails
10/18/2010, 05:43 PM
"if Texas doesn't commit the third-down penalties, UT wins that game with OU"

And if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's azz when it hopped....

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 05:47 PM

They think we'll have an '07 repeat? They should remember, the hat never lost in regulation that year :P

Are they really calling in a saying this? That's just too funny.

Scott D
10/18/2010, 05:50 PM
I heard that Chip Brown was going to get a job at the Chicago Tribune...no wait, now it's a lock for the Los Angeles Times....on further consideration, he's going to remain at Orangebloods.com

SoonerDomiNation
10/18/2010, 08:32 PM
Thats the dumbest thing i have ever read.

Okie35
10/18/2010, 08:37 PM
What's a Chip Brown?

Mack's Brother?

lol I have no idea who he is either, nor do I care.

RedstickSooner
10/18/2010, 08:50 PM
Y'know, maybe he's onto something. If Tejas hadn't had those penalties, maybe they would've won. Also, and I don't know if he thought of this, had they scored more points than us, they might've won, too.

Crap. Maybe we *do* suck. It's just that the teams we played didn't score as many points as they should've. Is it too late to switch teams, root for someone else now?

OUthunder
10/18/2010, 08:51 PM
Why even read that ****? He's a whorn, what did you expect?

slh1234
10/18/2010, 08:58 PM
1. Texas

If only champions were chosen based on who Chip Brown thought was better rather than what happened on the field ... :)

If ifs ands and buts were candies and nuts, what a merry Christmas we'd have! :)

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 08:58 PM
Texass is allways dumbfounded, how can this smaller school to the north continue to stymie the high and mighty.

THE-JROD
10/18/2010, 09:00 PM
lol this stuff is so amusing!!! This guy obviously needs to get a life. Win or lose against them shorthorn ******rs...we're gonna hear crap like this....real nice Chip!! Represent those whorns well!!!

Sooner_Tuf
10/19/2010, 12:46 AM
Texass is allways dumbfounded, how can this smaller school to the north continue to stymie the high and mighty.

I'm a little dumbfounded myself that the refs threw all those flags on the whor s.

Leroy Lizard
10/19/2010, 01:51 AM
Sometimes I look at the ceiling and wonder, "Why can't we impress Chip Brown? Why? Why? Why!?!?"

King Barry's Back
10/19/2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah, IF those penalties hadn't been called, TX might have won in the Cotton Bowl.

And IF they had won, they would still have a losS, and a bad one, to UCLA.

I'll admit, looks like TX has really turned the corner in the last couple of weeks. They look like a different team than the one that played in the Cotton Bowl.

But you could say the same for OU.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2010, 09:00 AM
I think a 2 loss texas should still be in the NC ahead of a 0 loss OU

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2010, 09:23 AM
lol I have no idea who he is either, nor do I care.

spekker

stoopified
10/19/2010, 10:02 AM
That's the problem with the innerweb:
Every cow patty with an opinion thinks the rest of us are entitled to it. :rolleyes:Good stuff

THE-JROD
10/19/2010, 10:07 AM
I think a 2 loss texas should still be in the NC ahead of a 0 loss OU

Oh absolutely!! Definitely more deserving!:pop:

goingoneight
10/19/2010, 01:57 PM
While it's still possible for Tejas to win the conference, that pole is about the most ridiculous, aggy-like shot at OU I've ever seen out of a whorn reporter. Are we supposed to still be taking it to the bank that we're going to the PAC 10 too, Chipper?

We "backed into" the CCG (which is an excuse for them choking) the BIG 12 CCG back in 2006, and even then, you still have to win it. Too much has to happen for Ewww-T at this point for them to believe such a laughable argument. Just as soon as they claim what ifs on penalties, we could claim what if Nimmo threw a TD pass on the fake FG? The rest of the season will play out to see who's the best team. Texas has the easiest road to the CCG if you're comparing remaining schedules.
What I've seen to be the problem with Tejas early on was simply a young offense that wasn't ready to win anything special did just enough to get by Rice and Wyoming, Tech sucks and the first team to line up and get physical with them embarassed them. Then, OU was just a better team than they were by the time UCLA woke them up. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they win out at finish with yet another 11-win season and become really dangerous for either this year (if we stumble) or next year.

Cornfed
10/19/2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah, IF those penalties hadn't been called, TX might have won in the Cotton Bowl.

And IF they had won, they would still have a losS, and a bad one, to UCLA.

I'll admit, looks like TX has really turned the corner in the last couple of weeks. They look like a different team than the one that played in the Cotton Bowl.

But you could say the same for OU.

I thought they looked the same against nebbesh, the only diff being a few times the qtrbk tucked the ball.

Always_Sooner
10/19/2010, 02:49 PM
Alright, well if Chip Brown wants to sit there and make excuses let him, but we could have set there all day the past two seasons when Ou outplayed Texas, but came up short on the scoreboard. Let's break down the strength of schedule and quality of opponents so far. Oklahoma, should clearly be first in the Big 12. based on their track record that speaks for itself. Missouri or Oklahoma State is#2 with a toss up. Goes to show you that someone down in Austin cannot lay off the Hennessy.

Breadburner
10/19/2010, 02:52 PM
Is Chip Brown that little dunce of a son to Mack Brown that grabbed the live ball on the field...???

Always_Sooner
10/19/2010, 02:53 PM
Probably so it was his step son against Arizona state in the Holiday Bowl a few years ago.

tator
10/19/2010, 04:05 PM
I thought they looked the same against nebbesh, the only diff being a few times the qtrbk tucked the ball.
Agreed. Nebbish played rilly rilly bad

badger
10/19/2010, 05:35 PM
There was a Texas sports mag at an airport (Dallas Love Field I think) that had A&M's JJ on the cover. He was labeled "The Big 12's Best QB."

rofl. :)

And then, next to it, was Longhorn Illustrated with "Texas-Wyoming recap" and "Red River Rivalry preview." The caption with the cover photo was something like "Ready to Roll" or something asinine like that.

lmao. :D

And then, I get back to the Tulsa airport and see all of the "Nothing Tips Like A Cow In Oklahoma" shirts for sale.

:(

adoniijahsooner
10/23/2010, 02:39 PM
Does this mean ISU is the new No.1? IJS

soonerborn30
10/23/2010, 03:46 PM
Is this not the same guy that's a Harris Poll voter?

Seems like stuff like this should be exposed and maybe have his voting rights revoked.

GKeeper316
10/23/2010, 03:52 PM
* homer ******

JLEW1818
10/23/2010, 03:53 PM
Chip, suicide is not a bad way out

okiegirl
10/23/2010, 03:57 PM
I guess this guy is a SINO? Sooner-In-Name-Only? I don't feel like reading everything now, but from just his main page it looks like he tries to make belief as a real sooner fan. Living in Iowa and just basking in the ISU win now......BTW, BOOMER!!

kevpks
10/23/2010, 04:04 PM
Chip Brown has a vote in the Harris poll? Who gave this a-hole a vote?

Check out #10

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/22/1490792/college-footballs-harris-poll.html

JLEW1818
10/23/2010, 04:05 PM
people like this have no reason to live

StoopTroup
10/23/2010, 04:09 PM
The way guys like CB vote really tells other folks about whether or not he'd make a good hire somewhere. CB is more than likely his own worse enemy if he continues to vote like a homer.