PDA

View Full Version : KEEP HATING HATERS

noobalicious
10/18/2010, 02:11 PM
ESPN College Football Live is on right now and they keep spinning their web of OU hate, and "OU is undeserving". Brad Edwards said, "this is really more about Oregon and Boise State getting bad marks from the computers, than OU getting respect". Jesse Palmer said that the advantage of human polls is that they can account for "style points".

Umm hey Mr. Bachelor, last time I checked OU got some style points this weekend. And we destroyed Florida State in their only loss of the season. What do you expect? I'm sorry we can't put up 60 on New Mexico State like Boise and Oregon.

All I have to say is, keep bringing the hate! Better for our team to feel disrespected than "on top of the world" headed into tough road games @Mizzou and @OSU.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:13 PM
As I have said before, the only poll that matters is the one in Dec allowing the teams to play for it.
I like that these talking heads are pumping their little favs, when they get proven wrong they look like goobers.

Sooner_Havok
10/18/2010, 02:18 PM
What's funny is the BCS computers don't take margin of victory into account anymore because some team steam rolled everyone all year and "snuck" onto the national championship game.

noobalicious
10/18/2010, 02:18 PM
Meanwhile they are trying to make the Horns look as good as possible after the Nebbish win.

LOL

so biased.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:19 PM
Mack is on so many shows you would think he was running for Senate.

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 02:19 PM
I'd hate us too if I was everyone else. We're the only ones who control our own destiny at this point.

lasooner123
10/18/2010, 02:20 PM
i think the best thing that could have happened was the close games we played early....in the past we have had better teams i dont think there is much to argue that. We never had any reason to play hard in the third and fourth bc it was such a blowout. i think that is why we collapsed whenever we played close games( we werent ready to play a full game). now we have that and have learned how to win and come together

Way to go sSOOONERS

noobalicious
10/18/2010, 02:21 PM
I'd hate us too if I was everyone else. We're the only ones who control our own destiny at this point.

Which is funny because "BCS Expert" Brad Edwards keeps going on air and saying we don't.

:rolleyes:

Soonerfan88
10/18/2010, 02:21 PM
But, it was whining humans that told the computer programmers to no longer consider margin of victory because it wasn't sportsmanlike for teams to run up the score. Now they are crying because the computers don't give style points for running up the score.

I give up - these asswhipes won't be happy until their pet teams are crowned champs every year. And if they get a playoff & their team loses, they will find a way to invalidate the game and give them a trophy regardless.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 02:22 PM
In all honesty....the whorns looked better than nabisco. Now if the nabisco receivers hadn't dropped all of those balls that hit them in the hands....that game would have been much different. It's why I say nabisco will wipe lil brother out before the half.

3rdgensooner
10/18/2010, 02:23 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/076/525/original/Haters_gonna_hate.jpeg

noobalicious
10/18/2010, 02:24 PM
I wonder if we manage to beat Missouri (#11 BCS) on the road if ESPN will give us any credit?

Probably not.

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 02:25 PM
Which is funny because "BCS Expert" Brad Edwards keeps going on air and saying we don't.

:rolleyes:

Did he say it with a straight face?

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:25 PM
I wonder if we manage to beat Missouri (#11 BCS) on the road if ESPN will give us any credit?

Probably not.

Missouri is unproven remember, they'll just say oh well we learned alot about mizzouri thie week.....

noobalicious
10/18/2010, 02:26 PM
Did he say it with a straight face?

Yes.

The
10/18/2010, 02:27 PM
I can't fathom that there are still people out there that would watch anything other than a live sporting competition on the Four-Letter Network.

/Is there anyone out there that really cares what The Bachelor thinks?

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 02:30 PM
Yes.

Silly "expert". If we win out, we're in the championship at either #1 or #2. If we win out, the only team that could possibly jump us would be an undefeated SEC team.

If we win out...

ouduckhunter
10/18/2010, 02:31 PM
Mack is on so many shows you would think he was running for Senate.

There were rumors last year that Craig James was thinking about running for office in Texas. Wonder who would win, Mack Brown or Craig James??

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:32 PM
Send Craig to the shed.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 02:34 PM
Who cares what the talking vagina's have to say about us?

Let them spill their vaginal fluids.

Ever since 2003, it has been the same thing.

"Well, had their not been any Margin of Victory in the Computer formulas, then OU would not have been #1 in the BCS after losing to Kansas State."

"Well, after beating everyone so soundly, USuCk trounces OU. Proving once again the computers got it wrong and it should have been Allbarn not OU in the MNC." (even though they were pimping this game saying it was going to be a great game.)

"Well, OU loses to Florida, proving once again OU does not deserve to be on this stage. They can win their conference and score 60 points 5 straight games, but they do not know how to win the big one any more."

now it's:
"Well, they can win their games, but they cannot do it pretty. Never mind that they have played the toughest schedule to date and are undefeated. It is style points or nothing nowadays."

Here is a hint the talking vaginas are missing, with Style points, OU would still be #2 at worst!

Personally, they need to do away with preseason polls and human polls in general!

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 02:35 PM

Probably not.

It doesn't matter what they think. Winning the mizzou game gives us a win over a BCS #11 team. Our numbers just get higher where oregon plays UCLA who beat tejas yes but aren't even listed in the BCS top 25. Boise....same thing. TCU Same thing. The ones to watch for are LSU and these one loss teams right now who are trying to sneak their way back up towards the top.

We just need to take care of business in Columbia. If we don't it won't matter what any of them think....we'll have just proved they were right.

ouduckhunter
10/18/2010, 02:37 PM

We control OUr destiny! If we win out, everybody out there can fuss and fume 24/7, but it won't matter because our record will speak louder! Boomer!

mehip
10/18/2010, 02:40 PM
None of this really matters. This team looks to be playing smarter and more aggressive each week. And for once in a long time, it looks like one of our 'better' teams hasn't peaked in early October for the Texas game. Even if we do drop a game or two this season I'm as excited about this team's upside as I've been in a long time. It really looks like Bob has shaken things up a bit and it is starting to pay off.

TUSooner
10/18/2010, 02:48 PM
I prefer OU to get no respect until winning the BCSMNC game. In fact I love it.
What I hate is when we get too much love from the chattering classes. That gushy stuff is certain to go to the heads of 18-21 year-old athletes. Better they should realize they have a lot to prove every single game.

Actually, as time goes by, I barely even care what anybody thinks any more. I just know any week with an OU victory in it is a good week :D

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 02:53 PM
What I hate is when we get too much love from the chattering classes. That gushy stuff is certain to go to the heads of 18-21 year-old athletes. Better they should realize they have a lot to prove every single game.

Actually, as time goes by, I barely even care what anybody thinks any more. I just know any week with an OU victory in it is a good week :D

This. I'm planning to enjoy the ride for however long it may last, even if it's just 6 days. That's 6 days more than almost every other school in the country.:cool:

SoonerNate
10/18/2010, 03:05 PM
ESPN is a complete joke.

Remember, these are the same idiots that hired credit card boy Gottlieb.

Easting
10/18/2010, 03:09 PM
We are the Yankees of college football. Hate for us is a sport in itself.

SoonerPr8r
10/18/2010, 03:12 PM
This will could put a chip on the shoulder of the Sooners. This has got to be the most disrespected number 1 team in a long time.

I can almost guarantee that once we thump Mizzou for a double digit win the analysts will say how misery was "unproven" and wasn't that talented of an opponent. If you look close enough it has already started.
Missouri hasn't played anyone (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/10/dont-worry-sooners-missouri-hasnt-played.html)

ouduckhunter
10/18/2010, 03:12 PM

I agree 100%!! They bashed and trashed us so much leading up to the NC game against Florida St that it was sickening! They continued it the entire game right up until the bitter end, when even the idiot announcers realized that we were going to win it. When we won, it was great to see all those fools have to eat their words and realize that the Sooners were the real thing, and so was Stoops!!

agoo758
10/18/2010, 03:13 PM

Please don't compare us with the Yankees.:mad:

cjames317
10/18/2010, 03:21 PM
It doesn't matter what they think. Winning the mizzou game gives us a win over a BCS #11 team. Our numbers just get higher where oregon plays UCLA who beat tejas yes but aren't even listed in the BCS top 25. Boise....same thing. TCU Same thing. The ones to watch for are LSU and these one loss teams right now who are trying to sneak their way back up towards the top.

We just need to take care of business in Columbia. If we don't it won't matter what any of them think....we'll have just proved they were right.

Don't forget Auburn. The LSU-Auburn winner may get the driver's seat next week. Every week's gonna be like a playoff game now.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:23 PM
Don't forget Auburn. The LSU-Auburn winner may get the driver's seat next week. Every week's gonna be like a playoff game now.

I agree the SEC is so loved that any unbeaten next week will be ahead of us, poor Oregon.....:(

TUSooner
10/18/2010, 03:25 PM

NEVER NEVER NEVER associate OU with the Y@nkees !!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

;) (Just DON'T do it again!)

Salt City Sooner
10/18/2010, 05:10 PM
Silly "expert". If we win out, we're in the championship at either #1 or #2. If we win out, the only team that could possibly jump us would be an undefeated SEC team.

If we win out...
Pretty much what Edwards said in his chat today:

tim (ok)

if oklahoma wins out, with missouri, ok state, and big 12 title game still on their schedule, how do they possibly get jumped?

Edwards (11:34 AM)

OU will probably be the top team in the nation in the computers if it wins out, unless LSU also goes undefeated. Either way, the computer numbers will be plenty good enough for a top-2 BCS finish. But the polls are two-thirds of the BCS equation, and Oklahoma must look impressive enough that voters aren't tempted to move an undefeated SEC team in front of them. That's the one scenario by which I can see an unbeaten OU team out of the top two.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35018/bcs-with-brad-edwards

adoniijahsooner
10/18/2010, 05:20 PM

soonercastor
10/18/2010, 05:27 PM
Most of dem analysts on ESPiN had nebbih ranked #2 last week :rolleyes:

SoonerNate
10/18/2010, 05:32 PM
I agree 100%!! They bashed and trashed us so much leading up to the NC game against Florida St that it was sickening! They continued it the entire game right up until the bitter end, when even the idiot announcers realized that we were going to win it. When we won, it was great to see all those fools have to eat their words and realize that the Sooners were the real thing, and so was Stoops!!

Every time we made a defensive play they'd show Minnis on the sidelines, remember?

adoniijahsooner
10/18/2010, 05:36 PM
I remember Stoops was interviewed about the 2000 championship and how jacked the team was, and his exact words were, "you guys helped alot with that", in reference to the media. This team has that same feel to it, and I believe all these young players are buying in to stoops 100%. Corey Nelson was asked about the freshmen, and he said, "we play with emotion. We are an emotional team." I love that sort of talk.

Penguin
10/18/2010, 05:51 PM
This is what really ticked me off. What gives ESPN the right to announce the BCS poll and in the same breath say, "The BCS obviously got it wrong. Craig and Kirk, what should be the real BCS top 10 list?" Shouldn't that tick off the NCAA/BCS and not allow ESPN to have an exclusive BCS show?

soonercastor
10/18/2010, 06:02 PM
This is what really ticked me off. What gives ESPN the right to announce the BCS poll and in the same breath say, "The BCS obviously got it wrong. Craig and Kirk, what should be the real BCS top 10 list?" Shouldn't that tick off the NCAA/BCS and not allow ESPN to have an exclusive BCS show?

Oh you didn't hear? the BCS is ESPiN's b*tch now, they have a contract til 2014 I believe.

oupride
10/18/2010, 06:02 PM
I came on here to start this thread, but someone beat me to it! No Respect? I love it!!! There's gonna be lots of great locker room material prior to Mizzou and I think its all great! Wow! Wish I could give everyone on here spec!

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 06:24 PM
I'm not so sure the close hames are going to necessarily help us in the long run.

I think the only reason any game we've played thus far has been close is because we went to sleep in the fourth. They haven't been touch and go type games, they were otherwise big leads that we let the opponent back into.

Case in point - Texas. Texas can talk all they want about how they just needed to play a clean game, but that's just smoke to anyone that watched the first three quarters. Even without the penalties it was domination by OU in every facet of the game. They had one good run, but then were uttery dominated while Murray found the endzone twice on 15+ yard runs. All of their 3-and-outs cannot be ecplained by penalties. And even without penalties, OU had right at 200 yards. The speed of the game was way more costly to Texas than the penalties.... But what happened? After building an 18 point lead, OU let another team back in the game.

I don't know if I am right or not, but that's what my emotions are saying.

FirstandGoal
10/18/2010, 08:18 PM
So everyone hates us again?

Awesome, looks like we're right back where we belong!

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 08:21 PM
So everyone hates us again?

Awesome, looks like we're right back where we belong!

Yes we have them right where we want them, hating life......bwahahahahaha!!

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 08:24 PM
I remember Stoops was interviewed about the 2000 championship and how jacked the team was, and his exact words were, "you guys helped alot with that", in reference to the media. This team has that same feel to it, and I believe all these young players are buying in to stoops 100%. Corey Nelson was asked about the freshmen, and he said, "we play with emotion. We are an emotional team." I love that sort of talk.

Pretty much what is going on right now too.

I'm telling you....Bob's got a plan and it's already in the works.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 08:41 PM
Thinman... These close games help us. It teaches us that we cannot just call off the dogs or let up off the pedal and just go through the motions and maintain leads.

I am not one of those that just think a bunch of comebacks are more beneficial. If you have to come back to won then your luck will run out. It is much easier to maintain a lead late than it is to gain the lead late.

Sure we haven't had to come back in the fourth qtr, but we have had to hold off some late charges, and that does help.

SoonerinLondon
10/18/2010, 08:46 PM
So put us at #2. I'm OK with that.

THE-JROD
10/18/2010, 08:52 PM
I am sick and tired of hearing espn bash our Sooners!!! Because this years team may not be as good as 2000's team...we get no respect. I hope we go into mizzou this saturday and light em up by 21+ and show them we're here to f**k sh*t up!! After listening to espn today...i am more fired up than i have been in a long time. I cant stand them egotistical fu**ers!!

slh1234
10/18/2010, 08:53 PM
As much as I hated Barry Bonds, I have to agree with him on his take about getting booed in opposing teams' ballparks. He thought their boos were like cheers in his own ballpark.

The only teams who are hated are teams who are winning. Bring on the hate.

slh1234
10/18/2010, 08:53 PM
I am sick and tired of hearing espn bash our Sooners!!! Because this years team may not be as good as 2000's team...we get no respect. I hope we go into mizzou this saturday and light em up by 21+ and show them we're here to f**k sh*t up!! After listening to espn today...i am more fired up than i have been in a long time. I cant stand them egotistical fu**ers!!

Sounds like you'll be ready when you take the field this weekend ;)

THE-JROD
10/18/2010, 09:04 PM
Sounds like you'll be ready when you take the field this weekend ;)

You can count on it!! lol:D

AlboSooner
10/18/2010, 09:10 PM
This bodes well for this weekend. Bob Stoops' teams play on fire when the media doubts them.