PDA

View Full Version : OU / ISU Report Card

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 01:55 PM
QB - How can you possibly give a good grade to Landry Jones when he refuses to go through his reads? Can you spot even one time in the ISU game where he checked down? I really don't care if the first option is open all night -- until he checks down he's no good. [D-]

RB - So many gains of less than 3 yards that it's difficult to be happy about anything here. It was good to see them finally taking out Murray for Finch. But did it really take the entire game to realize Murray was not going to be anything special? [C-]

OL - I've been watching Cory Brandon all game for improvement, but I didn't see anything out of the young man. He was like a ghost out there. [D+]

WR - Still way too many drops. I think there must have been six or seven drops. And while Broyles looked fine, when are we going to get other receivers involved? [B-]

DL - We really can't get pressure on anyone, can we? We didn't have anything beyond McCoy last year and I think it is starting to show. How many missed sacks were there anyways? [F]

LB - No Austin Box means this unit just lacks playmakers. Travis Lewis may turn out alright but is still a work in progress. [B+ because they are making due with what little they have to work with]

DB - Let's face it, our secondary got exposed in this one. All the QB had to do was buy himself about 35-40 seconds running around and suddenly a guy gets open. We really need to be more disciplined here. [D+]

ST - We lost the punting battle, but won the kicking game, just like everyone has been saying all year would happen. How can ISU have such a good punter and we are a major program without one? [C, because bad punting cancels out premiere kicking]

Lott's Bandana
10/18/2010, 01:57 PM
<chuckle>

BTW, Box played. He was VERY rusty, but it was nice to see him out there.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:07 PM
You forgot the F for failing to score on each possesion.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 02:09 PM
Me, is that you?

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 02:17 PM
You forgot the F for failing to score on each possesion.

Please see my related "Fire Heupel!" thread.

KantoSooner
10/18/2010, 02:21 PM
Hard, but fair. Is it the lack of talent? Or our coaches woeful inadequacies? Maybe both.
We should just cancel the program entirely.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 02:24 PM
I think its a combination of that and the type of hydration we use in practice.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 02:32 PM
Hard, but fair. Is it the lack of talent? Or our coaches woeful inadequacies? Maybe both.
We should just cancel the program entirely.

LOL.

Maybe we can try wrestling? It seems like an easy sport to dominate.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2010, 02:35 PM
thank god its almost basketball season

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 02:40 PM
At least we can put an end to having to squeeze into our seats at Home Games. oSu is so lucky to have a place they can go and if someone is sitting in their seat...there are plenty of others to choose from.

CatfishSooner
10/18/2010, 03:15 PM
stupid

agoo758
10/18/2010, 03:21 PM
I thought we looked rusty getting tackled in the Endzone serveral times instead of going in standing up....

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:22 PM
Or the time we had to pass it with our hands instead of willing the ball into the hands of the receiver.

Sooner_Tuf
10/18/2010, 03:23 PM
At least we can put an end to having to squeeze into our seats at Home Games. oSu is so lucky to have a place they can go and if someone is sitting in their seat...there are plenty of others to choose from.

Hell you can lay down at a game in Stillwater. Why not? It is their team's tradition to do so.

Leroy Lizard
10/18/2010, 03:38 PM
Solution: Wristbands.

Boomer!!
10/18/2010, 03:39 PM
Why would you check down when your first read is open? Why would you throw it to someone else when Broyles is open? You do realize Box played right? I wonder if the coaches actually teach them that, now listen Landry if your first read is open, check down! I repeat do not throw it to your first read! One rusher over 100 yards and one with 92. You can find anything to bi*^% about. This is the stupidest crap I have ever read.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:41 PM
Why would you check down when your first read is open? Why would you throw it to someone else when Broyles is open? You do realize Box played right? I wonder if the coaches actually teach them that, now listen Landry if your first read is open, check down! I repeat do not throw it to your first read! One rusher over 100 yards and one with 92. You can find anything to bi*^% about. This is the stupidest crap I have ever read.

I can't beleive you would accept anything less than 100 points a game and the other team not allowed a first down....geeesh you easygoing fans make me sick!!!!!

Leroy Lizard
10/18/2010, 03:52 PM
RB - So many gains of less than 3 yards that it's difficult to be happy about anything here. It was good to see them finally taking out Murray for Finch. But did it really take the entire game to realize Murray was not going to be anything special? [C-]

Here is my problem with our RBs, but it reflects more on our OL. Take for example DM's record-setting TD run. He juked his last defender.

Why is he having to juke? That defender should have been leveled long before DM got to him. Besides that, juking a defender is clearly the use of misdirection to make the defender think you are going to run toward one direction, which in fact is patently dishonest. How can DM ever be trusted off the field if he can't be trusted on the field?

If DM shows that he is going to cut left, then he should honor his commitment. Can the defender truly be blamed if DM feinted with his head that he was planning to cut left while he had no intention of doing so?

The fact that our RBs are having to take evasive action to gain yards has me worried. If they can't run straight down the field without encountering defenders, then our OL is not doing its job.

Now, you may be thinking that I'm overblowing the situation. But consider this quote by a former pro linebacker when he was DELIBERATELY misled by the actions of a RB.

He juked me so bad that I got a 15-yard penalty for grabbing my own face mask.

I ask you, does that sound fair?

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:53 PM
The o line should have just had to e-mail the ISU players and they should have laid down when the ball was snapped.

Mississippi Sooner
10/18/2010, 03:59 PM
It's supposed to be half a hunnerd by half time against Iowa State.

We're doomed!

RFH Shakes
10/18/2010, 04:03 PM
Why is he having to juke? That defender should have been leveled long before DM got to him.

I blame Landry!
He is definitely missing his blocking assignments once he hands the ball off.

Fire Chuck Long!

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 04:14 PM

How can you sunshine pumpers find a silver lining in every cloud? Take off the crimson colored glasses.

For instance, there is no excuse for getting beat in the punting game. Sure we have great kickers, but to be a NC contender we are going to have to make our punts. Somday soon a game is going to come down to us making a punt and then what are we going to do? We're screwed.

And why does it take so long to realize Demarco Murray isn't going to be doing anything special that day? I credit the coaches for making the change to Finch, but really it was a little late.

Maybe next year.

fadada1
10/18/2010, 04:15 PM
we suck.

OhU1
10/18/2010, 04:39 PM
Finch needs to get more carries if we are going to get far in the 2nd half of the season. It is clear Murray is only "on" when he wants to get some camera time highlights or puff up his stats.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 04:40 PM
We're doomed.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/18/2010, 04:52 PM
maybe lifting weights would help? i dunno. at this point i think we should just forfiet our remaining games and go out undefeated...at least we could say we went out as number 1.

better yet, lets just dismantle the football program and put the funding to better use...like kite flying. ;)

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 05:03 PM
It's to late for lifting weights. We're just gonna have to start paying off refs like Barry and Bud did if were gonna win Championships.

oudavid1
10/18/2010, 05:41 PM
I needed a good laugh on my way to smoke some weed with leroy on a wal mart roof

btk108
10/18/2010, 08:10 PM
CRAB SALAD!

ocsooner
10/18/2010, 08:14 PM
It's to late for lifting weights. We're just gonna have to start paying off refs like Barry and Bud did if were gonna win Championships.

I thought that's what the ducks did. Maybe that's why their so mad - the payoffs weren't enough, and they only made it to #2!

Leroy Lizard
10/18/2010, 08:15 PM
I needed a good laugh on my way to smoke some weed with leroy on a wal mart roof

You didn't tell me that was weed.

Thanks for wrecking my diet.

Boomer!!
10/18/2010, 08:55 PM
How can you sunshine pumpers find a silver lining in every cloud? Take off the crimson colored glasses.

For instance, there is no excuse for getting beat in the punting game. Sure we have great kickers, but to be a NC contender we are going to have to make our punts. Somday soon a game is going to come down to us making a punt and then what are we going to do? We're screwed.

And why does it take so long to realize Demarco Murray isn't going to be doing anything special that day? I credit the coaches for making the change to Finch, but really it was a little late.

Maybe next year.

Seriously, the punting is what you find to gripe about? What are you talking about sunshine pumpers? 9 different receivers caught balls and 2 backs with good yardage in the game and a shutout, what more could you ask for? Well besides better punting:rolleyes:

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 08:56 PM
Seriously, the punting is what you find to gripe about? What are you talking about sunshine pumpers? 9 different receivers caught balls and 2 backs with good yardage in the game and a shutout, what more could you ask for? Well besides better punting:rolleyes:

What about better tasting hydration, that stuff they were serving on the sidelines looked like crap!!!

Better hydration!!!!!!!!!

Leroy Lizard
10/18/2010, 09:11 PM

You got to get up pretty early in the morning to get one past ole Boomer.

yermom
10/18/2010, 09:23 PM
are we ever going to score 60 again?

i'm trying to keep my patience here, but it's hard.

JLEW1818
10/18/2010, 09:24 PM
your "shoes" scored a 100

Leroy Lizard
10/18/2010, 09:44 PM
your "shoes" scored a 100

Does she wear them while vacuuming nekkid?

yermom
10/18/2010, 11:17 PM
everyone seems to be way too concerned with yermom's shoes

AlbqSooner
10/19/2010, 06:54 AM
WR - Still way too many drops. I think there must have been six or seven drops. And while Broyles looked fine, when are we going to get other receivers involved? [B-]

Inasmuch as Landry was 30-34, I give your analysis an F. See you next semester.:P

yur-out
10/19/2010, 07:14 AM
Solution: Wristbands.

Leroy have you not watched the games? We have wrist bands....... but ..... maybe..... we need BIGGER wrist bands? Like that go from the wrist all the way to the elbow. OoooH! and it could have several different doors on it. That way we could use the brilliant idea of "A MAN" and hold up a series of numbers. Those numbers would indicate in what order to open the wrist band doors. That way it also be like a secret decoder ring. We might need the NCAA to go to like a 55 sec clock though, so we can get it all in between snaps.
But it's doable.

King Barry's Back
10/19/2010, 07:30 AM

Who says we ever stopped paying them? John Blake didn't pay enough, and you saw where that got him.

King Barry's Back
10/19/2010, 07:32 AM

I'll tell you what I could ask for. More touchdowns from that over-rated blow hard Ryan Broyles. FIFTEEN CATCHES and only one score.

I say we should throw the ball more to receivers who will try to get some points and not just pad their stats.

Mississippi Sooner
10/19/2010, 07:34 AM
Maybe we need some plays. I read somewhere that football teams are supposed to have plays.

goingoneight
10/19/2010, 08:26 AM
I'm not going to believe until LJ delivers a press conference speech.

C&CDean
10/19/2010, 08:44 AM
And what about the coach's grades?

Wilson had Landry incomplete 4 passes. Seriously, WTF? And why would he even play DeMarco? It's not like he can score a touchdown or anything. Fire Wilson!

Venables let them bastages have a shot or two at a field goal. Epic fail. Fire Vulnerables!

Jello Biafra
10/19/2010, 08:55 AM
lol...all i can say is wow....ive heard a whole bunch of schtuff before but losing a punting battle is ......wow

you do know punting for an average of 50 or so yards inst normal right? thats why they call it AVERAGE....meaning sometimes you kick for 65 some times you kick for 40....

dude, he punted it like....2 times?

C&CDean
10/19/2010, 08:57 AM
lol...all i can say is wow....ive heard a whole bunch of schtuff before but losing a punting battle is ......wow

you do know punting for an average of 50 or so yards inst normal right? thats why they call it AVERAGE....meaning sometimes you kick for 65 some times you kick for 40....

dude, he punted it like....2 times?

But he didn't make a single one!!1!

MoJoOkie
10/19/2010, 09:03 AM
I think the Op is sugarcoating things a little. It was an ugly game on both sides of the ball.

oudavid1
10/19/2010, 09:18 AM
One thing is, we could have punted more than twice. Pathetic.

Crimson Kid
10/19/2010, 09:22 AM
This is a joke right? right?

ThinMan
10/19/2010, 09:32 AM
Inasmuch as Landry was 30-34, I give your analysis an F. See you next semester.:P

Are you including the drops in warmups? They count too. How can we be a NC team if we are dropping passes in warmups?

OhU1
10/19/2010, 09:37 AM
This is a joke right? right?

Joke? The joke was Murray's stat and record padding in his "phone it in" performance over the past few weeks. That is not going to cut it as the going gets tough in the late season. Seeing this the coaches have pulled Finch's red shirt and got him into the game.

Jello Biafra
10/19/2010, 09:43 AM
Joke? The joke was Murray's stat and record padding in his "phone it in" performance over the past few weeks. That is not going to cut it as the going gets tough in the late season. Seeing this the coaches have pulled Finch's red shirt and got him into the game.

lol

ThinMan
10/19/2010, 09:45 AM

Oh sure let's not take it seriously.

But what happens when we need one for the win.

MoJoOkie
10/19/2010, 09:50 AM

Truer words were never spoken ... er typed.