PDA

View Full Version : Bad vibes concerning the Mizzu game

Dan Thompson
10/18/2010, 12:59 PM
First we have a big #1 on our backs and that is a very temping target.

Second, we are only favored by 3 pts on some boards.

third, the weather will be in the upper to mid 60's at game time and will be showering or raining.

I am getting nervous. I think I will throw-up by game time.

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 01:01 PM
Raining? Damn it, that'll be no fun to sit and watch the game in.

Soonermagik
10/18/2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah, and the FSU line was 7 at game time. We know how that one played out; lines are wrong all the time.

If this team comes to play, they could win by double digits. I think they may start a bit flat, because they had such a big game last week. I still think they get a nice win.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/18/2010, 01:04 PM

We have had a Sooner with the number 1 on his back the whole year and he is doing great! :D (Tony Jefferson);)

sooner_kaufy
10/18/2010, 01:06 PM
We're Oklahoma! We have a target on our back every week.

Monster Zero
10/18/2010, 01:07 PM

third, the weather will be in the upper to mid 60's at game time and will be showering or raining.

If you've got bad vibes you might not want to spread them around by talking about them. It might be just you.

We're number one because we're better than them. If it rains on us it's going to be raining on them too.

Bet on us to cover.

btb916
10/18/2010, 01:08 PM
I disagree. I feel really good about the game. OU has been tested this year in a number of ways and are improving week to week. I think this week the D especially will show how dominant they truly are. I'm excited for the guys to go to columbia and show mizzou, once again, what it's like to play OU.

Dan Thompson
I feel better already.

StoopTroup

Just sayin'....

http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/123/208/941/Yt7g5kpLACykHIY.jpg

You'll be OK. Don't drink on them though...at least not until the game is over....:D

Mississippi Sooner
10/18/2010, 01:10 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/cafdfw/ODDBALLSAYSsilkscreen.jpg

adoniijahsooner
10/18/2010, 01:12 PM
Rain? Mizzou's problem is simple, everyone including some of our fans have a hard time seeing us beating them this year in Columbia. People are saying we don't belong number 1, and if it rains, we have a power run game, missouri doesnt. I think our boys will be good and motivated come game time.

SoonerPr8r
10/18/2010, 01:15 PM
Rain? Mizzou's problem is simple, everyone including some of our fans have a hard time seeing us beating them this year in Columbia. People are saying we don't belong number 1, and if it rains, we have a power run game, missouri doesnt. I think our boys will be good and motivated come game time.

^^This. Mizzou's running game has been struggling all year if anything rain would help us win the game.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 01:15 PM
I think we (Missouri) are going to get stomped. I expect no less than a 21+ point victory by OU.

tcrb
10/18/2010, 01:32 PM
Stop talking like a pu$$y.

soonerinabilene
10/18/2010, 01:33 PM
we always play well against their offense, no matter where the game is played at. if landry plays as sharp as he did saturday, we win by 35.

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 01:34 PM
I think we (Missouri) are going to get stomped. I expect no less than a 21+ point victory by OU.

Well this is no fun. Create an account on the opposing fans' board, don't talk ****, and then say you're going to get stomped? Come on man, at least lie and support your team, that'd be more fun for us over here. No you're right though, yall are going to get stomped.

Sooner Brewcrew
10/18/2010, 01:38 PM
I agree. If OU plays to their full potential everything should take care if it's self. I am still a little worried about it being on the road though.

novasooner
10/18/2010, 01:45 PM
I always get nervous if we are rated #1 this early. We seem to play with that pressure on us and it affects our thinking. I'd rather sit somewhere in the top 5 or 10 and then sneak in at the end. Columbia is not an easy place to play, but they are beatable, we just have to be on our game. Even if we lose, I'd rather do it now than later in the season.

I think by years end we'll see that the Big 12 is overrated except for OU and Texas. Nebraska couldn't get past Texas as many expected, but could turn around and beat the Pokes and burst their "we're so great" bubble. If it doesn't play out now, it'll play out in the bowls and that would disastrous for the conference.

3rdgensooner
10/18/2010, 01:47 PM
I get nervous before every single game we play. But I freaking love it.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 01:49 PM

Why are you getting nervous? I am a little but not for your reasons. Only because it will be a road game and our first game as BCS #1 team.

Missouri has played just 2 teams with winning records: San Diego St (4-2) in which they won 27-24 and Miami, OH (4-3). every one else they have faced is either at .500 or below.

Missouri may be undefeated, but they have not played one good team. Their best win so far has been against 3-3 Illinois where they won 23-13.

As long as OU plays the way they are capable of playing, they win this game.

OUr players are young yet learning each game. They are getting better and better with each snap of the ball. I would not be at all surprised if OU wins comfortably. Nor will I be at all surprised if we escape with a 1 point win.

tanjou
10/18/2010, 01:51 PM

There are reasons to be a little nervous, but c'mon:

1. Oklahoma is a top program; they're always a tempting target.

2. Spreads are for betting; sweat it if you have money on the game.

3. If you can predict the weather of a four hour span 5 days from now in central North America, enroll in a meteorology program. Even then, Missouri's passing game is their strength so it would likely affect them more.

You can be nervous because it's a road game against a team with two good lines.

tanjou
10/18/2010, 01:52 PM
That said, Gary ****in' Pinkel.

cccasooner2
10/18/2010, 01:53 PM
OU is a mudder, we will be fine in a great way.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 01:53 PM
Missouri's run passing game is their strength so it would likely affect them more.

remember Mizzous game against Nebbish last year.

SOFSooner
10/18/2010, 02:12 PM
I get nervous whether OU is playing a great team or Mother Teresa's school for the misguided. But I will still be up a 2AM to watch another OU victory this year, this time in missouri.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 03:31 PM
Well this is no fun. Create an account on the opposing fans' board, don't talk ****, and then say you're going to get stomped? Come on man, at least lie and support your team, that'd be more fun for us over here. No you're right though, yall are going to get stomped.

I'm just a realist. I'd feel good about Missouri's chances if this were the 2007 offense with Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin, Danario Alexander, Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker, and Tony Temple around with our current defense.

But that isn't reality. What is reality is our offense has struggled far more than I expected. 31-10 seems fair to me, though I think the gap could be wider.

RacerX
10/18/2010, 03:41 PM
If it rains on us it's going to be raining on them too.

I'm calling BS on this one.... :norm:

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:42 PM
Well they are allowed umbrellas while we must sulk in the rain.

RacerX
10/18/2010, 03:46 PM
The only reason I get stressed is....when you emerge from the Cotton Bowl undefeated then the national title is riding on every game. Every game means everything.

That being said, it's awesome for OU to be 6-0 and in control of their own destiny. ****ing Awesome!!!!

soonercastor
10/18/2010, 03:53 PM
I have one stat for you: 7-0

TigerFan4Life
10/18/2010, 04:00 PM
I have never felt more confident in a Missouri team than this one, especially against OU. Not saying we will win, but actually having a defense brings optimism. I really don't think either team will blow one another out, but a score of 30-24 either way, is what I am predicting. If we can establish a running game, which we didn't need to do against A&M, it would benefit us greatly against the Sooners. I have never been more pumped for a game, #1 OU at #11 Missouri, gameday, and homecoming. Hope its a good one.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/18/2010, 04:01 PM
Maybe realizing how retarded Mizzou fans are will make you feel a little better.

Here is a sneak peak at just how creative they are:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=14

GKeeper316
10/18/2010, 04:02 PM
We're Oklahoma! We have a target on our back every week.

^^ this.

a win vs. OU sets up programs for decades. just look at boise ffs.

TigerFan4Life
10/18/2010, 04:05 PM
Maybe realizing how retarded Mizzou fans are will make you feel a little better.

Here is a sneak peak at just how creative they are:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=14

I agree there are some pretty bad ones, but this one made me LOL.

"Stoops: Why wait for the BCS? CHOKE NOW!"

Soonermagik
10/18/2010, 04:32 PM
I agree there are some pretty bad ones, but this one made me LOL.

"Stoops: Why wait for the BCS? CHOKE NOW!"

Have fun in the Car Care Bowl. Seriously, thanks for coming out. :)

btk108
10/18/2010, 04:56 PM
I'm getting bad vibes you might do another thread like this one next week.

oudavid1
10/18/2010, 05:42 PM
oudavid1 = not worried

Scott D
10/18/2010, 05:44 PM
Every time I consider that I might be getting nervous, I remember who the head coach in Columbia is.

oudavid1
10/18/2010, 05:52 PM
Every time I consider that I might be getting nervous, I remember who the head coach in Columbia is.

really, i just master(bleep)

SoonerNation20
10/18/2010, 06:11 PM
1. Mizzou has no run game, so the rain will own their souls, if it rains.

2. Everytime a team plays OU, it's that teams biggest game of the year, so being ranked #1 doesn't change anything. If we were #4 in the BCS, Mizzou would still get just as hyped about the game.

3. Spreads are overrated.. we'll cover that by about 24.

Final prediction: OU - 37 Mizzou - 13.. OU jumps to 1st in human polls, and all of the OU haters STFU.

bent rider
10/18/2010, 06:31 PM
You smell that? Do you smell that? Rain, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of rain in the morning. Smelled like... victory

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 06:34 PM
OU jumps to 1st in human polls, and all of the OU haters STFU.

I'd like to think that would happen but I don't have much faith in the STFU part.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 06:37 PM
I have never felt more confident in a Missouri team than this one, especially against OU. Not saying we will win, but actually having a defense brings optimism. I really don't think either team will blow one another out, but a score of 30-24 either way, is what I am predicting. If we can establish a running game, which we didn't need to do against A&M, it would benefit us greatly against the Sooners. I have never been more pumped for a game, #1 OU at #11 Missouri, gameday, and homecoming. Hope its a good one.

Missouri has only played against one team with an offense inside the top 40. And that offense score 24 on that vaunted tiger defense.

Saturday will be the only test your defense has had this season.

Good luck!

sendbaht
10/18/2010, 06:48 PM
I love being number 1.........nothing better. This is what OU is all about.

Bad vibes........no way for me. We have much better player the Mizzz.

We are jelling now. Game Day we are number 1 with all Our young players...

oh the future looks so bright.

Mizzzzz will look stary eyed. They have been playing well but VS who?

They have not had a hard game yet..........well, that will change this weekend. OU will win BIG and they will start saying we look like the number 1 team...and UO just might, I say might lose to UCLA.....and for sure to USC.

Which will be the first time in a long time I root for USC.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 06:52 PM
So do people really think this is a NC caliber OU squad? I've just been thinking about past Stoops era squads and this one doesn't quite matchup well. Certainly better than 05 and 09 and 99, and probably better than '06 and '01, but not sure they are better than any of the rest.

I think they are better than everyone on their schedule right now, but I could see us losing a game somewhere. The most likely places would be @Missouri or @SheepRapers. I don't think we'll be losing at home anytime soon.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 06:53 PM
So do people really think this is a NC caliber OU squad? I've just been thinking about past Stoops era squads and this one doesn't quite matchup well. Certainly better than 05 and 09 and 99, and probably better than '06 and '01, but not sure they are better than any of the rest.

I think they are better than everyone on their schedule right now, but I could see us losing a game somewhere. The most likely places would be @Missouri or @SheepRapers. I don't think we'll be losing at home anytime soon.

They are better than the one that beat FSU in 2000.

The year before we brought Home the Crystal we played in Shreveport against Mississippi and lost our Bowl Game. We went 7-5.

Last year we played Stanford in the Sun Bowl and won and ended the season 8-5.

Our QB Josh in 2000 was in his 2nd Season at OU as a Senior Jr College Transfer.

Landry was a HS Stud who got to learn from a Heisman Trophy Winner and take over the reigns after Sam got hurt early in the Season...know he's in his 2nd Season as a Sophomore but is looking stronger every game.

It's possible that we are poised to Win Out IMO.

Some other amazing things about Landry...

Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year honorable mention by league's coaches and All-Big 12 Freshman by ESPN.com ... became starter after Sam Bradford went out with an injury ... earned first career start against Idaho State and responded with three touchdown passes ... his 418 passing yards in the Sun Bowl vs. Stanford set a Sooner bowl record and rated as the second-best total in Sun Bowl history ... completed 30-of-51 passes with three touchdowns and one interception against the Cardinal ... threw a school-record six touchdown passes against Tulsa (previous mark of five was held by two Heisman winners, Sam Bradford and Jason White, and a Heisman runner-up, Josh Heupel) ... had six games with multiple touchdown passes ... led all freshmen nationally with 26 TD passes and 3,198 passing yards ... eclipsed Sam Bradford's freshman passing yards mark at OU (previous best was 3,121 yards) .... tied the school record for pass attempts with 58 vs. Nebraska ... threw for 392 yards against Texas A&M, 336 vs. Tulsa ... had a career-long rush of 15 yards against Kansas.

You all might want to go ahead and get an autograph Football from him now before he's hard to find. :D

mightysooner
10/18/2010, 06:56 PM
How are we "gelling now" because we beat down crappy Iowa State in one game? If they go score in the 40's in Mizzou and dominate them on the road, then maybe we're "gelling".

mightysooner
10/18/2010, 06:57 PM
They are better than the one that beat FSU in 2000.

Based on what?

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 06:59 PM
How are we "gelling now" because we beat down crappy Iowa State in one game? If they go score in the 40's in Mizzou and dominate them on the road, then maybe we're "gelling".

Gelling is not about how many pointsyou score. It is about how they are playing as a team. OU has been playing better and better as a team each week.

If you can't see that, what can you see from this team?

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 07:03 PM
Gelling is nit about how many pointsyou score. It is about how they are playing as a team. OU has been playing better and better as a team each week.

If you can't see, what can you see from this team?

I agree that they are getting better week to week especially at QB and defense.

I'm a big Bradford fan, and I still think Landry is not even on the same plane as Bradford, but I think Landry may actually be running our hurry up even FASTER than Bradford's team was able.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 07:18 PM
Throw out one play and we pitch a shut-out on texass in the first half.

Landry really made very few mistakes in that game as well, it's just that one of them was very glaring.

I think we are coming along nicely, a good 4 qtr effort from the team this weekend would continue that.

SoonerNation20
10/18/2010, 07:30 PM
How are we "gelling now" because we beat down crappy Iowa State in one game?

Yes.

Because ISU and USU both suck.

OU - 31 USU - 24

OU - 52 ISU - 0

Showing we can pound a bad team is something we haven't shown until now... so yes, to me, that shows progression and "gelling".

http://www.namedevelopment.com/blog/archives/gellin.gif

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 07:37 PM
Based on what?

Again...Stats.

Also Landry brought Home a Bowl Trophy where Josh and the boys lost on New Years to Mississippi.

Bob put a rag tag bunch of players together and made it to the Show in his second year and brought Home a Trophy. He's been to the Show 4 ****ing times. Right now we're winning ball games and the level of talent we have right now far surpasses what he had to work with in 2000.

You'd have to be insane if you can't look at the rest of our schedule and see that beating Mizzou this Saturday doesn't set us up for a run at the MNC.

Broyles and Murray are much better than anyone we had in the 2000 Teams position and Josh (you know...the guy that won that game against FSU) not only Coached Bradford but has been working with Landry since he arrived in Norman. Travis Lewis and Wort and now Box working his way back into the lineup are nearly as good as Calmus and Marshall were IMO.

Sooner_Tuf
10/18/2010, 07:39 PM
We are doing better, much better. I think this team can be something special. Landry is fine, the WRs are doing good, the RBs are great, LB play is pretty good, DBs and Safetys are playing lights out. We need to get better on both lines and we are a little each week.

Better than the 2000 Team? Not yet. Better in some positions or at least more talented but this D is nowhere near as effective or mean as the 2000 Defense.

Dan Thompson
10/18/2010, 07:44 PM
I feel much better now. When I saw that Mizzu had to come from behind against SDSU with 51 seconds left to win the game. All I could say was
'SAN DIEGO STATE!' The party school of California. You gotta be kidding me.

Then I saw that Pinkel has never beaten OU, that really pulled me through.

But I don't want to over look all the support from the forum.

gosooner2
10/18/2010, 08:03 PM
SDSU the team that beat Utah State (u remember them) 41-7

stoopified
10/18/2010, 08:09 PM
Relax.We have a better QB,better RB,Better Coach,,better team.WE WILL WIN,MARK IT DOWN.

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 08:11 PM

AS soon as you get off the RAG and Remember we are SOONERS you be ok .;)

Okie35
10/18/2010, 08:11 PM

It doesn't matter we played a COMPLETE game against Iowa State. Yea we beat down Iowa State but everyone was dialed in. I mean Madu had a fumble in our territory yet Iowa State still didn't score. That bye was a tremendous help to get players healthy. You have a point about the road game but you have to start somewhere. Iowa State was it and Missouri will be another stepping stone.

SDSU the team that beat Utah State (u remember them) 41-7

and SDSU lost to BYU who lost BIG to Utah State... lol its not a big deal.

Okie35
10/18/2010, 08:14 PM
Relax.We have a better QB,better RB,Better Coach,,better team.WE WILL WIN,MARK IT DOWN.

I couldn't have put it any better.

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 08:20 PM
Gelling is not about how many pointsyou score. It is about how they are playing as a team. OU has been playing better and better as a team each week.

If you can't see that, what can you see from this team?

He sees thru these
http://jpgfun.com/view/me_in_glasses_broken_glasses_1dxmwjnpt.jpg

Whet
10/18/2010, 08:58 PM
Rain or shine, we will be in for a tough game on Saturday night. Weather we win by 1 or by 'half a hunerd' it counts as a win!

Come to Columbia and support our Sooners! There should be tickets available on the hill. Come early, make signs for Game Day, steal the WSU flag, and remember: "Mark May, if Lou Holtz it!"

agoo758
10/18/2010, 09:04 PM
I am always nervous when we are on the road. :(

AlboSooner
10/18/2010, 09:08 PM
They will be fired up. I think this team can weather the storm and Mizzou.

Sooner Among The Pack
10/18/2010, 10:07 PM
No Brad Smith?
Uber-spread offense they've been running for yearsbwith no real success against us?

Road factor ALWAYS makes me nervous, mainly because Landry tends to get the yips on the road. Need Murray and Finch to find some running room and we'll be fine.

boomermagic
10/18/2010, 10:33 PM

I think we'll kick ***...

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 10:53 PM
Missouri has only played against one team with an offense inside the top 40. And that offense score 24 on that vaunted tiger defense.

Saturday will be the only test your defense has had this season.

Good luck!

That offense in the Top 40 that Missouri played is higher up the charts than OU. So can we then expect OU to not be able to score 24 against Missouri?

Also, if you watched the game, one TD should have been called back for illegal use of the hands... a SDSU lineman pulled the runningback away from the grasp of the defense, spun him around and pushed him off. Without that help, the RB is down and that 93 yard TD doesn't happen.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 10:54 PM
It doesn't matter we played a COMPLETE game against Iowa State. Yea we beat down Iowa State but everyone was dialed in. I mean Madu had a fumble in our territory yet Iowa State still didn't score. That bye was a tremendous help to get players healthy. You have a point about the road game but you have to start somewhere. Iowa State was it and Missouri will be another stepping stone.

and SDSU lost to BYU who lost BIG to Utah State... lol its not a big deal.

SDSU also beat Air Force by almost the exact same score OU did.

OUthunder
10/18/2010, 11:03 PM
Just sayin'....

http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/123/208/941/Yt7g5kpLACykHIY.jpg

You'll be OK. Don't drink on them though...at least not until the game is over....:D

Damn a 2mg Xanaz...that will seriously **** someone up. Don't see that dosage prescribed much anymore.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 11:04 PM
Damn a 2mg Xanaz...that will seriously **** someone up. Don't see that dosage prescribed much anymore.

At least it would calm him down. With a couple of beers he might wanna wear some depends.....lol

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:07 PM
That offense in the Top 40 that Missouri played is higher up the charts than OU. So can we then expect OU to not be able to score 24 against Missouri?

Also, if you watched the game, one TD should have been called back for illegal use of the hands... a SDSU lineman pulled the runningback away from the grasp of the defense, spun him around and pushed him off. Without that help, the RB is down and that 93 yard TD doesn't happen.

Don't try to think it compares to oklahoma's offense. If you are you will be unpleasantly surprised!

Ou would blast San Diego state!

jadubya
10/18/2010, 11:07 PM
Matt...this is how this thing works: Mizzou comes in to a game riding high....talking themselves up (kind like your circle jerk schedule logic above)....this is the year, this is the year......and then the game starts......and you assume your rightful place on the scoreboard.

Hint: Your numbers are lower than OUrs.

After the game...lots of head scratching.....just can't understand "how" it got away from you.....even though it happens.....every....single...time.

Soonerus
10/18/2010, 11:08 PM

Wait until you see OU , you will be in awe...that's the secret...

OUthunder
10/18/2010, 11:08 PM
At least it would calm him down. With a couple of beers he might wanna wear some depends.....lol

If he took a 2mg (Unless he's a hardcore user) I'd say he'd sleep thru the game into the next day.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:09 PM

Is this a Texas fan in disquise?

Soonerus
10/18/2010, 11:13 PM
Is this a Texas fan in disquise?

No, it is a typical schizo Mizzou fan...

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:14 PM

You really don't understand this do you?

Oklahoma's defense is geared to stop the offenses we see inthe big 12. Not the triple option.

Missouri is the type of offense that our defense is geared for.

Oh well, notrealsure why I am even talkin to a tiger fan. The ones I had the unpleasant encounters with at the big 12 ccg, were not that football savvy.

Apparently you fit that mold.

One thing to help you: air force beat byu, fsu beat byu, ou beat fsu, ou beat air force, and byu beat San Diego state. Oh and sdsu beat afa.

You point?

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:15 PM

Oklahoma's defense is geared to stop the offenses we see inthe big 12. Not the triple option.

Oh well, notrealsure why I am even talkin to a tiger fan. The ones I had the unpleasant encounters with at the big 12 ccg, were not that football savvy.

One thing to help you: air force beat byu, fsu beat byu, ou beat fsu, ou beat air force, and byu beat San Diego state. Oh and sdsu beat afa.

You point?

STOP!!! your logic will make him go into shock!!!!

OUthunder
10/18/2010, 11:15 PM
The only way that OU loses if we turn the ball over a bunch or the team comes down with severe food poisoning.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:19 PM
STOP!!! your logic will make him go into shock!!!!

I'd drink a beer with him. I could have a great timeworn him. He does seem more logical than 99.99999% of the tiger fans have actually met.

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 11:22 PM

Dayum . Now ya gots me skeered :rolleyes:

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:27 PM

You point?

You don't know much about SDSU at all do you? They run a 3-3-5 defense which is specifically designed to counter the spread offense, not a triple option. So you should look in the mirror before calling others "not that football savvy".

I'm not saying at all that SDSU is in the same league talent wise as OU. I was just pointing out how stupid it is for someone to downplay Missouri's defense based on offensive rankings of opponents.

Missouri won't win, but you'll be surprised by Missouri's defense. I just don't think we have the offense this year to beat the top teams.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:28 PM
I'd drink a beer with him. I could have a great timeworn him. He does seem more logical than 99.99999% of the tiger fans have actually met.

Youre right, you can't judge a tiger by other tiger's stripes.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:30 PM
You don't know much about SDSU at all do you? They run a 3-3-5 defense which is specifically designed to counter the spread offense, not a triple option. So you should look in the mirror before calling others "not that football savvy".

I'm not saying at all that SDSU is in the same league talent wise as OU. I was just pointing out how stupid it is for someone to downplay Missouri's defense based on offensive rankings of opponents.

Missouri won't win, but you'll be surprised by Missouri's defense. I just don't think we have the offense this year to beat the top teams.

And they are conference foes. Whenyou see it every year it is usually easier for the adjustments.

It's okay, I'll let your dumbass think Missouri has this one wrapped up already

I'm pretty sure you'll be leaving your stadium at half time so it doesn't even matter!

Good luck!

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:30 PM
Dayum . Now ya gots me skeered :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be scared if I was an OU fan. I'd look at history, and history says Missouri teams **** down their leg in big games. Especially with high rankings and under the national spotlight.

The lone exception is vs. KU in 2007, and KU was only 11-0 at that point due to a creampuff schedule. KU was very overrated. Missouri was the only top 25 team KU played in the regular season as they got to also dodge Texas and Oklahoma.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:31 PM
By the way... Glad to see okie lite has a north equivalent.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:31 PM
And they are conference foes. Whenyou see it every year it is usually easier for the adjustments.

It's okay, I'll let your dumbass think Missouri has this one wrapped up already

I'm pretty sure you'll be leaving your stadium at half time so it doesn't even matter!

Good luck!

Obviously you can't read. Never did I say "Missouri has this one wrapped up already". I've said repeatedly, including the post you replied to, that Missouri will not win this game.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:35 PM
Obviously you can't read. Never did I say "Missouri has this one wrapped up already". I've said repeatedly, including the post you replied to, that Missouri will not win this game.

Then why would you even try to compare San diego state to Oklahoma?

Only a fool would even try to compare ou to sdsu!

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:37 PM
I love it when I see people pull out the 3-3-5, that means they like giving the qtrback plenty of time.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:42 PM
Then why would you even try to compare San diego state to Oklahoma?

Only a fool would even try to compare ou to sdsu!

To prove a point that judging teams based on statistics against others is stupid. That is what was used to say Missouri's defense isn't that good and inflated. I can use the same statistics to show that San Diego State has a better offense than Oklahoma.

Stats don't ever paint the full picture.

You will see this Saturday that Missouri's defense is far better than what you guys faced in 2007 and 2008.

You will also see this Saturday that Missouri's offense is far worse than what you guys faced in 2007 and 2008.

An *** kicking is an *** kicking, but I have to stick up for the defense this year.

Soonerus
10/18/2010, 11:44 PM
To prove a point that judging teams based on statistics against others is stupid. That is what was used to say Missouri's defense isn't that good and inflated. I can use the same statistics to show that San Diego State has a better offense than Oklahoma.

You will see this Saturday that Missouri's defense is far better than what you guys faced in 2007 and 2008.

You will also see this Saturday that Missouri's offense is far worse than what you guys faced in 2007 and 2008.

An *** kicking is an *** kicking, but I have to stick up for the defense this year.

Texas defense > Mizzou D...

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:44 PM

yep, it seems the ESPeeN talking heads havent figured the stats thing out . of course if they did they would have poor ratings.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:46 PM
I love it when I see people pull out the 3-3-5, that means they like giving the qtrback plenty of time.

The 3-3-5 defense can deploy many different blitz packages. SDSU in particular blitzes all game long from all over which can present problems reading where the pressure is going to come from.

Soonerus
10/18/2010, 11:47 PM
:gary:
The 3-3-5 defense can deploy many different blitz packages. SDSU in particular blitzes all game long from all over which can present problems reading where the pressure is going to come from.

Bawhahahahahaha....

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 11:48 PM

It may work in situations but overall youre just buying time til the big play.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:50 PM

Let's compare schedules and then compare what our opponents have done Down the line from rushing offense to scoring defense to turn over margin...

You would be greatly surprised to know missouri has nit come close to playing the schedule or the caliber of teams that ou has overall. Your toughest game was against a team that beat air force yet lost to byu. Your second toughest was against illinois followed by texas a&m followed by miami of Ohio.

Yeah I know opponents mean very little and are not a good gauge to base who will win, but it does give you a greater picture of work that teams have done throughout the season!

Wanttk say sdsu offense is better than oklahoma's? Then do yourself a favor and look at who sdsu has played and how strong their teams were.

Do the same for ou and missouri. You'll have even less faith in your team.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:54 PM

Lmao... It's the same defense that Tulsa runs.

There are no different blitze packages than any other defense, they just come at slightly different angles than a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.
Ou runs a 4-2-5 defense... Not much difference at all...except the 4-2-5 is more geared to stop the run!

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:56 PM
Let's compare schedules and then compare what our opponents have done Down the line from rushing offense to scoring defense to turn over margin...

You would be greatly surprised to know missouri has nit come close to playing the schedule or the caliber of teams that ou has overall. Your toughest game was against a team that beat air force yet lost to byu. Your second toughest was against illinois followed by texas a&m followed by miami of Ohio.

Yeah I know opponents mean very little and are not a good gauge to base who will win, but it does give you a greater picture of work that teams have done throughout the season!

Wanttk say sdsu offense is better than oklahoma's? Then do yourself a favor and look at who sdsu has played and how strong their teams were.

Do the same for ou and missouri. You'll have even less faith in your team.

Again, it looks like you've taken too many blows to the head as a lineman and can't understand my posts.

TigerMatt
10/18/2010, 11:59 PM
Lmao... It's the same defense that Tulsa runs.

There are no different blitze packages than any other defense, they just come at slightly different angles than a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.
Ou runs a 4-2-5 defense... Not much difference at all...except the 4-2-5 is more geared to stop the run!

And the same defense ran by Boise State, and West Virginia, and Michigan, and TCU, etc, etc in recent years. So what?

The original post was spinning up OU's defense being designed to stop the spread and not the triple option as an excuse for their play against Air Force. I was just pointing out that the same can be said for SDSU's defense.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2010, 11:59 PM
Again, it looks like you've taken too many blows to the head as a lineman and can't understand my posts.

Oh I understand perfectly. You are the one trying to compensate for your weak *** schedule for the season by saying sdsu beat afa and that sdsu's offense is better than oklahoma's.

I just simply said your defense is inflated because you haven't played but one decent offense.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:06 AM
Matt...go look at oklahoma's schedule for the last 10 seasons and show me the offenses that hs played against ou that were triple option offenses. Then go and see how teams run a spread or a variation of te spread.

You will notice that we have only played air force twice in that timeframe!

That said the post was spot on. However that was just a tip of the iceberg. Mental aspects and youth played a part against afa as well.

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 12:14 AM
Oh I understand perfectly. You are the one trying to compensate for your weak *** schedule for the season by saying sdsu beat afa and that sdsu's offense is better than oklahoma's.

I just simply said your defense is inflated because you haven't played but one decent offense.

You are dense and have the reading comprehension skills of a first grader.

Soonerus
10/19/2010, 12:16 AM

That is weak bs...

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 12:20 AM
That is weak bs...

This clown keeps saying that I claim SDSU's offense is better than OU's. I'm not. I offered that comparison to show how meaningless judging an offense or defense is solely going by statistics. Using the transitive property is retarded to compare teams.

He has failed to read several times where I have clarified this. I can't help it if he is illiterate.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:21 AM

Well here come the insults. And here I thought you were different than the other tiger fans.

Did you or did you not say San Diego state's offense was better than oklahoma's? Yeah you did. This was only after it was mentioned that the only decent offense that Missouri has faced is sdsu's.

And you come on here calling me dense and questioning my comprehension skills?

Go back to your *****cat forum and continue your circle jerk with fans that actually give a shut bout Missouri... None of is do here

Soonerus
10/19/2010, 12:23 AM
OU wins by at least 21...we are awesome...

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:26 AM
This clown keeps saying that I claim SDSU's offense is better than OU's. I'm not. I offered that comparison to show how meaningless judging an offense or defense is solely going by statistics. Using the transitive property is retarded to compare teams.

He has failed to read several times where I have clarified this. I can't help it if he is illiterate.

You're an idiot. No one was comparing opponents until you did dip****!

It was mentioned that missouris defensive numbers are inflated because they have only played one top 40 offense to date. Prove that satement wrong.

You can't because it is true.

If your were also able to read you would have read that comparisons are not a good gauge to pick a winner.

Bit I have the reading comprehension deficit?

Later tool!!!!

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 12:27 AM
Well here come the insults. And here I thought you were different than the other tiger fans.

Did you or did you not say San Diego state's offense was better than oklahoma's? Yeah you did. This was only after it was mentioned that the only decent offense that Missouri has faced is sdsu's.

And you come on here calling me dense and questioning my comprehension skills?

Go back to your *****cat forum and continue your circle jerk with fans that actually give a shut bout Missouri... None of is do here

That's rich considering on page 5 you started with the insults. Let me quote you.

"It's okay, I'll let your dumbass think Missouri has this one wrapped up already."

And I'll also quote other things I have said to show that you are way off base on what I've said.

If you actually read that, it is clear that I am saying statistics don't paint the full picture as if I just looked at statistics I could show that San Diego State has a better offense than Oklahoma.

It is those same statistics that you are using to attack Missouri's defense.

You've clearly missed the point.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:30 AM
And apparently my comment was right... But I do call everyone dumbasses from time to time... Consider it a privilege and an honor just my MO.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:35 AM
Btw matty, it isn't an attack on missouris defense when it is a fact.
Fact the best only top 40 offense Missouri has faced is sdsu's.

Yes, when you have played that many **** poor offenses it will inflate you numbers. If those were after just one gamethenyou can't say it is really accurate, but we are half done with the season so those rankings won't change dramatically from here to the end of the season.

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 12:38 AM
You're an idiot. No one was comparing opponents until you did dip****!

It was mentioned that missouris defensive numbers are inflated because they have only played one top 40 offense to date. Prove that satement wrong.

You can't because it is true.

If your were also able to read you would have read that comparisons are not a good gauge to pick a winner.

Bit I have the reading comprehension deficit?

Later tool!!!!

Actually, you are wrong again (what is new?). On page 3 Okie35 said..

and SDSU lost to BYU who lost BIG to Utah State...

That in response to someone who mentioned SDSU beating Utah State 41-7.

Second Missouri has played the #16 offense (San Diego State) and the #18 offense (Texas A&M). But let's not let facts get in the way. Right?

njsoonerfanatic
10/19/2010, 12:39 AM
zing

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 12:39 AM
Btw matty, it isn't an attack on missouris defense when it is a fact.
Fact the best only top 40 offense Missouri has faced is sdsu's.

Yes, when you have played that many **** poor offenses it will inflate you numbers. If those were after just one gamethenyou can't say it is really accurate, but we are half done with the season so those rankings won't change dramatically from here to the end of the season.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/ncaa-m-footbl-fbs-team-total-offense.html

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:51 AM
Actually, you are wrong again (what is new?). On page 3 Okie35 said..

That in response to someone who mentioned SDSU beating Utah State 41-7.

Second Missouri has played the #16 offense (San Diego State) and the #18 offense (Texas A&M). But let's not let facts get in the way. Right?

Yep Texas a&m is not in the top 40!

Have the total offense all you want... Let's go by what matters... Scoring since that is what determines what shows on the score board! A&Mjs 47 SDSU is 29. OU is 17.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 12:56 AM
Don't let the let facts get in your way matty!

Yardage doesn't equal points, ironically, scoring points does. Thanks for playing though.

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 12:57 AM
Yep Texas a&m is not in the top 40!

Have the total offense all you want... Let's go by what matters... Scoring since that is what determines what shows on the score board! A&Mjs 47 SDSU is 29. OU is 17.

Ok, I'm going to show you how stupid you are on this.

Texas A&M is averaging 30.67 points per game (184 total in 6 games). This has them at #47. They scored 9 against Missouri. In the 5 games before Missouri they had 175 points. That is an average of 35 points per game. That would have them in the #22 slot ABOVE FLORIDA STATE.

The reason they aren't in the Top 40 is they played Missouri's defense which shut them down and decreased their scoring average by over 4 points per game.

It isn't rocket science.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 01:03 AM
And let me show you just how stupid you are:

You are trying to convince me that yardage (which is what total offense based on not points) is more meaningful than scoring offense.

Good job your ability to shut down a team that seems to have quit on their second straight coach.

It isn't rocket science like you said. Fact still remains when it comes offense. SDSU is the only team with a top 40 offense that you all have faced to date!

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 01:06 AM
And let me show you just how stupid you are:

You are trying to convince me that yardage (which is what total offense based on not points) is kore meaningful than scoring offense.

Good job your Ferber shut down a team that seems to have quite on their second straight coach.

It isn't rocket science like you said. Fact still remains when it comes offense. SDSU is the only team with a top 40 offense that you all have faced to date!

That's because you are too stupid to see Missouri's defense is why Texas A&M isn't in the Top 40 of scoring offenses anymore. They were much higher until they face a good Missouri team which shut them down lowering their scoring average by over 4 a game and knocked them down over 20 slots.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 01:19 AM
And I can add any stat I want. Missouri played a good game against a lameduck team. Yay. Fact is moron that a&m is not a top 40 offense. It's an average thing... You see before playing the paper tigers a&m scored 17 against Arkansas. In fact intheir six games a&m has failed to score 30 or more points 3 times. They did score better than that against Stephen f Austin, oksu, and la tech.

Let me tell you... That is an awesome offense overall!

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 01:20 AM
Well have a good evening. The battery in my iPod is going dead. Been fun dip****!

TigerFan4Life
10/19/2010, 01:36 AM
I guess the point I would make as a Tiger fan is that where we are this year is a hell of a lot better than previous years against similar competition (regarding defensive play). Which as a Tiger fan, I will take in a heartbeat since it is leaps and bounds better than the past. It may not be much to you guys, but to me WOOOOO! lol

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 01:38 AM
And I can add any stat I want. Missouri played a good game against a lameduck team. Yay. Fact is moron that a&m is not a top 40 offense. It's an average thing... You see before playing the paper tigers a&m scored 17 against Arkansas. In fact intheir six games a&m has failed to score 30 or more points 3 times. They did score better than that against Stephen f Austin, oksu, and la tech.

Let me tell you... That is an awesome offense overall!

Prior to 10/16, Texas A&M #27 in scoring offense. After 10/16 against Missouri's defense... #47 in scoring offense.

Two of the three games they failed to score 30 were against Top 25 ranked teams. The other was an "oops" type game. You guys should be familiar with those (Utah State).

How about Air Force's offense? They've fluffed up against teams like Samford (65), BYU (35), and Colorado State (49).

They only managed 14 against Navy, 20 against Wyoming, and 25 against San Diego State.

I could just as easily dismiss them as not a Top 40 offense.

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 01:40 AM
I guess the point I would make as a Tiger fan is that where we are this year is a hell of a lot better than previous years against similar competition (regarding defensive play). Which as a Tiger fan, I will take in a heartbeat since it is leaps and bounds better than the past. It may not be much to you guys, but to me WOOOOO! lol

I've been trying, but this one guy doesn't want to hear it. He wants to throw out stats without looking at the real meaning of these stats.

Okie35
10/19/2010, 01:51 AM
Throw out all the stats it will come down to coaching and preparation.

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 02:08 AM

Hell Bro , I like where WE ARE now compared to LAST year :cool:

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 02:08 AM

Another reason to give the nod to OU. I think Gary Pinkel has been a great coach for Mizzou, but Stoops is one of the tops in the business. He has had our number. Missouri has historically been OU's bitch anyway.

I have a lot of respect for OU (except in basketball... screw you guys for the 2002 Elite Eight game), especially for the mutual hatred of Nebraska.

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 02:09 AM
Prior to 10/16, Texas A&M #27 in scoring offense. After 10/16 against Missouri's defense... #47 in scoring offense.

Two of the three games they failed to score 30 were against Top 25 ranked teams. The other was an "oops" type game. You guys should be familiar with those (Utah State).

How about Air Force's offense? They've fluffed up against teams like Samford (65), BYU (35), and Colorado State (49).

They only managed 14 against Navy, 20 against Wyoming, and 25 against San Diego State.

Dude , Prior to 10/23 .
None of it makes a shat :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/19/2010, 02:10 AM

Zackery ;)

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 09:08 AM

You can say what you wish. It wont hurt my opinion of how Missouri has only played 1 Top 40 offense all season.

This is not about who OU has played. You are the one coming here bragging about how much better their defense is this year.

It may be, but it has not really been tested yet against the meat of your schedule.

I guess as a Sooner Fan, we are used to hearing how improved a defense is when it comes to our little sister school, OSU.

You just seem to be beating the same drum as they do.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 09:10 AM
I've been trying, but this one guy doesn't want to hear it. He wants to throw out stats without looking at the real meaning of these stats.

There is no real meaning to those stats...that is it.

Stats mean jack **** when you are preparing for a team...just like it means jack **** when you tried to say something about SDSU beating AFA.

It means nothing!

EstablishedSooner1967
10/19/2010, 09:25 AM
Do you realize how many times OU has the #1 target on there back? Its nothing new for OU or Bob Stoops... Will this be a tough game yes.. This is Mizzu best team since Pinkel has been there? I think so.. This would be the signature win for Mizzu.
But, OU has some good leaders on the team and good coaches with some hungry players as well. I think OU has to beat there selves or turn the ball over a lot.

SoonerNation20
10/19/2010, 10:38 AM
Texas defense > Mizzou D...

^^^ this times infinity and beyond

SoonerNation20
10/19/2010, 10:45 AM

Lol... TAMU is your strong arm for proving your point? Really? TAMU? Really... No, seriously..? TAMU? WTF?

TAMU? lololololololololololololol.......

...... lololololololololol.....

.....roflcopter

TigerMatt
10/19/2010, 10:51 AM
There is no real meaning to those stats...that is it.

Stats mean jack **** when you are preparing for a team...just like it means jack **** when you tried to say something about SDSU beating AFA.

It means nothing!

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell you! Yet you kept bringing up nonsense about Top 40 this or that. I've said repeatedly that stats can be twisted. Nice that you finally get it.

Howzit
10/19/2010, 10:53 AM
This is exactly what I've been trying to tell you! Yet you kept bringing up nonsense about Top 40 this or that. I've said repeatedly that stats can be twisted. Nice that you finally get it.

There is a high statistical probability that he is drunk at any given moment.

TUSooner
10/19/2010, 10:53 AM
I have bad vibes and feel nervous before every game. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. I have come to realize that my vibes are absolutely meaningless. So are yours. Hope that helps.

SoonerNation20
10/19/2010, 10:55 AM
Wait hold on, i'm still laughing.. TAMU?

lmao

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 10:58 AM

Well, actually it was only a ploy to get a discussion and to show you that your defense is not really that good, statisically.

And besides when I have about 10-12 beers in me, I am not usually at my best. :)

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 10:59 AM
There is a high statistical probability that he is drunk at any given moment.

Except right now...drunky wore off and I am at the public library...LOL

3rdgensooner
10/19/2010, 11:02 AM
I have bad vibes and feel nervous before every game. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. I have come to realize that my vibes are absolutely meaningless. So are yours. Hope that helps.
Thanks for shattering my power delusion.

tooslow
10/19/2010, 11:12 AM
Stats, schmats..... Statistically, we haven't looked so good this year, except where it matters, the win collumn. I can also remember back through the years when we were ranked high in both offensive and defensive categories, and yet still got knocked off by a team with lousy "stats." The only numbers that interest me is keeping our losses at "0" and being ranked either 1 or 2 in the final BCS poll. I fully expect OU to win this Saturday, but after having my guts ripped out over the past several years, a Tiger win would not shock me.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2010, 11:12 AM
Except right now...drunky wore off and I am at the public library...LOL

Drunky at the library would be way more fun.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 11:21 AM
Drunky at the library would be way more fun.

Prolly but I slept it off.

TAFBSooner
10/19/2010, 01:10 PM
...and UO just might, I say might lose to UCLA.....and for sure to USC.

Which will be the first time in a long time I root for USC.

Nope, not gonna do it. Not gonna root for USC. Wouldn't be prudent.