PDA

View Full Version : Calhoun?

KantoSooner
10/18/2010, 08:50 AM
Anybody know what's up with him? I rather enjoyed watching him knock people's hats off last year.

Sooner_Havok
10/18/2010, 08:55 AM
He's a bust

sooneron
10/18/2010, 09:37 AM
Man, he and Justin Johnson....

I had such high hopes.

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 09:54 AM
Was that Jonathon Miller (#26) I saw playing defense/special teams on Saturday?? I thought he was redshirting. :confused:

...sooner
10/18/2010, 09:56 AM
Was that Jonathon Miller (#26) I saw playing defense/special teams on Saturday?? I thought he was redshirting. :confused:

dang i hope not! he is supposed to be redshirting. but i see a possible calhoun & maybe miller transfer with clay & finch in our backfield... finch is a freaking beast

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 10:06 AM
I had to go back and look.

From NewsOK:

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-vs.-iowa-state-oct.-16-2010/multimedia/photos/gallery/601402

Serge Ibaka
10/18/2010, 10:13 AM
i'd rather get a healthy dose of Demarco and R. Finch.

sooner518
10/18/2010, 10:16 AM
im wondering who we play next year? Finch and Clay? Miller really impressed last year for sure. seems like the coaches have given up on Jermie.....

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 10:17 AM
It appears that the transition has already begun. Murray and Madu to Finch and Clay. Skipped a couple of recruiting classes in the middle.

KantoSooner
10/18/2010, 10:17 AM
Man he musst have really practiced badly; I didn't think he looked that bad in games last year.

oudavid1
10/18/2010, 11:42 AM
WERE DOOMED!

boomersooner28
10/18/2010, 12:52 PM
Ya, Calhoun and Miller. 2 guys that played a lot last year and haven't seen the field this year. Weird.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 12:55 PM
Multiple folks have claimed that Miller is redshirting so he can be full healthy next year. Even if Finch/Clay are everything we all hope, we need more than depth at RB than 2 backs. I really hope Jermie turns out to be a later bloomer because his bruising style would be a great change of pace.

ashley
10/18/2010, 12:57 PM
Slow. Will play very little.

goingoneight
10/18/2010, 01:02 PM
I don't like to insult players, but Calhoun never really impressed me and he struggled with some fumblitis, too. Cap that with the reports out of fall camp that they were pushing him and they weren't sure if his maturity was where it needs to be yet and you hate to say "bust," but he leaves much to be desired. Then again, as I've said before, look at Quentin Chaney, Keenan Clayton and Mossis Madu. Late bloomers we've seen before, so hopefully he sticks with it.

And last I heard there was no doubt about the Jonathon Miller redshirt decision. They said he looked good and tried hard Olin the off-season, but they didn't feel like he was 100% ready to go back to hard cuts and hits again.

allentxsooner
10/18/2010, 01:14 PM
People forget how highly rated Calhoun and Johnson were coming in, they were both five stars by scout. but watching Finch and Clay run, I think they are just better then Miller and Calhoun. Nice to be 5 deep at running back counting Millard

Sooner-N-KS
10/18/2010, 01:28 PM
Multiple folks have claimed that Miller is redshirting so he can be full healthy next year. Even if Finch/Clay are everything we all hope, we need more than depth at RB than 2 backs. I really hope Jermie turns out to be a later bloomer because his bruising style would be a great change of pace.

Miller's dad posts on OUInsider sometimes, and he said they were hoping to redshirt him this year unless the team really needs him.

lasooner123
10/18/2010, 02:26 PM
i talked to jonathons gf yesterday and she said he was redshirting

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2010, 02:59 PM
I am miller's aunt...he's redshirting

badger
10/18/2010, 03:42 PM
I am miller's aunt...he's redshirting

I am miller. I'm redshirting.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:50 PM
I'm the red shirt....I'm being worn by Miller.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 03:52 PM
I'm not Miller, but I'm wearing a red shirt. What's that Capt Kirk? You want me to beam down to this unknown planet and check things out? No problem, sir.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2010, 04:04 PM
miller just whispered in my ear...he's redshirting

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 04:09 PM
I'm miller's grandson. I'm declaring my redshirt.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/18/2010, 04:10 PM
Miller just text me. He's still redshirting...

badger
10/18/2010, 04:10 PM
I'm miller's grandson. I'm declaring my redshirt.

I'm miller. My grandson just inherited my redshirt. Here you go buddy

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks pops! Hey! Billy Sims's great grandson just got a high ankle sprain in practice. Mind if I take off the redshirt and give it to him?

KNEE BRACE
10/18/2010, 04:20 PM
off topic (now); whatever happened to justin johnson? I know he transferred to ACU, but I dont see him on their roster. He didn't graduate already, did he?

Mad Dog Madsen
10/18/2010, 04:24 PM
off topic (now); whatever happened to justin johnson? I know he transferred to ACU, but I dont see him on their roster. He didn't graduate already, did he?

A friend told me he quit halfway through last season. Don't know if its true or not but by the looks of it... :( Man, he was a stud at Gilmer High, I had high hopes for him.

KNEE BRACE
10/18/2010, 04:25 PM
A friend told me he quit halfway through last season. Don't know if its true or not but by the looks of it... :( Man, he was s stud At Gilmer High.

remember that crazy, tebow-esque, statement he made after he signed with OU? I remember thinking "holy ****, this guy is an animal."

I really think the average person underestimates just how hard it is to be a college athlete.

SoonerNate
10/18/2010, 05:34 PM
im wondering who we play next year? Finch and Clay? Miller really impressed last year for sure. seems like the coaches have given up on Jermie.....

Are you kidding? Gotta be Finch

SoonerCLF
10/18/2010, 05:38 PM
Didn't Calhoun play a bit in the Utah State game?

jmillerfan
10/18/2010, 09:38 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs213.snc4/38990_1458768521853_1612601811_1086542_1496743_n.j pgMan you guys are funny and I am Jonathon Miller's dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8j8SECzULw

Listen we have a couple of stud freshman running backs they are good very good. However I still think there is a lot to prove for every back on this team. I just spoke with Jonathon (I really did). I think the hardest thing for a young man to do is to sit and watch. If you don't think it bothers him you're crazy however being from a football family he understands a lot more about the game and what he needs to do. Now if Cale decides Jonathon is not in the mix at running back then I'm sure he'll tell me. There is a lot more to the story but for obvious reasons I'm not going to disclose that information only tell you that Jonathon can play as well as the other guys. The more time he takes to heal the better for him in this particular case. I think the coaches use a lot of what you see to motivate players. If after the spring game the coaching staff feels he will never play in the OU backfield and Jonathon wants to play then it's his decision. However I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon especially with 2 seniors leaving and the spring game around the corner. Talked to Coach Merv at a golf tourney this year and trust me he likes Jonathon a lot and feels like he will be able to do big things at OU. I think right now though the "old" heads are being motivated to get better. If I told you guys right now that Jonathon is the fastest running back we have how many of you would believe me? Don't always believe what you read these guys are smart and feed you what they want to feed you and let you run with it when it's not the obvious. Running back competition will be wide open next year take it to the bank.

I am Miller's Dad

]

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 09:45 PM
Win !!!

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 10:09 PM
I hate when the paper gets it wrong. I guess we have another #26 (see picture 52), even though I couldn't find one on the participation list from soonersports.com. :mad:

"OU's Jonathan Miller, left, and Frank Alexander bring down Iowa State's Ben Jerome Tiller during the second half of the college football game between the University of Oklahoma Sooners (OU) and the Iowa State Cyclones (ISU) at the Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010, in Norman, Okla. Photo by Bryan Terry, The Oklahoman"

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-vs.-iowa-state-oct.-16-2010/multimedia/photos/gallery/601402

Good to hear Miller will be back next year, ready to go. :D

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 10:09 PM
miller just whispered in my ear...he's redshirting

You just want someone to whisper in your ear...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2010, 10:12 PM
you cant do it every time

SoonerMarkVA
10/18/2010, 10:15 PM
Miller's redshirting. I'm not a red shirt, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 10:16 PM
No kidding. Im still worn out from Saturday.. :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks, dad and I for one have was extremely excited to see more of Jonathan from the few times I saw him last year. And very bummed he was injured and not available this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2010, 10:30 PM
as his auntie, i don't appreciate you guys leaving me out....he may take his redshirt off

jmillerfan
10/18/2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks, dad and I for one have was extremely excited to see more of Jonathan from the few times I saw him last year. And very bummed he was injured and not available this year.

Thank you Boulder..and believe me it's tough. My job for sure is hard because what you saw in J I have watched all his life and I know he can play. Like I told him before he picked the most competitive spot in NCAA football to play the RB position. When he got here most considered the backfield to be loaded then as well (Murray, Brown, Madu, Calhoun and Johnson). Nothing has changed just the names and new players. Most don't realize how Madu had to feel last year while watching Calhoun and Miller play running back. How soon we forget. It would seem to be a formula that works for the staff to get the most out of their players I would say.

stoopified
10/18/2010, 10:35 PM
I am Calhoun's uncle,he is brownshirting.

stoopified
10/18/2010, 10:59 PM
Sorry forgot the :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/19/2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks, dad and I for one have was extremely excited to see more of Jonathan from the few times I saw him last year. And very bummed he was injured and not available this year.GREAT...now, I'm still curious about the current situation for Calhoun. Anyone know?

SoonerSpock
10/19/2010, 04:58 AM

Johnson transferred to JC after one season at ACU.

SoonerSpock
10/19/2010, 05:15 AM
GREAT...now, I'm still curious about the current situation for Calhoun. Anyone know?

From what I have read from other sources Calhoun is not a great practice player. Also have read he is lacking commitment to the weight room and classroom.

KantoSooner
10/19/2010, 07:24 AM
Hope the coaches can get his family involved. Seems like he had an extraordinarily hard childhood and really blossomed when he had a tight family environment.
Yes, college is largely about growing up and I wouldn't want to coddle the guy, but don't want to see him crash and burn, either.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/19/2010, 08:31 AM
Thank you Boulder..and believe me it's tough. My job for sure is hard because what you saw in J I have watched all his life and I know he can play. Like I told him before he picked the most competitive spot in NCAA football to play the RB position. When he got here most considered the backfield to be loaded then as well (Murray, Brown, Madu, Calhoun and Johnson). Nothing has changed just the names and new players. Most don't realize how Madu had to feel last year while watching Calhoun and Miller play running back. How soon we forget. It would seem to be a formula that works for the staff to get the most out of their players I would say.

As dad, I hope you are wearing the obligatory sympathy redshirt. If you have a couple others laying around the house, we'd all love to wear one too. ;)

badger
10/19/2010, 08:54 AM
Man you guys are funny and I am Jonathon Miller's dad

Hi dad! ;)

jmillerfan
10/19/2010, 09:24 AM
Hi dad! ;)

which one is it dad or great grandfather at this point @ badger?

Crimson and Cream

MNsooner
10/19/2010, 10:25 AM
If Miller takes the RS and motivates himself to keep getting better end working on his game. There is no reason he can't find himself running the ball for OU a lot next season. All we have learned about next season is that we have 3 great running backs with Clay, Finch, and Miller. At least two of those guys will get plenty of touches and possiblely all three. As always, the RB position is loaded and I hope the competition brings out the best in those guys. Calhoun may even have something click for himself and get into the RB race.