PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Fans Opine on OU/Big 12

SoonerInSpringdale
10/18/2010, 08:01 AM
I'm really enjoying the pigs wallowing in their sorrows in Fayetteville on Hogville.net

Reading a lot of their posts where fans are screaming to go to the Big12 because they think the SEC cheats them lol..
Anyway...just want to pass on some funny quotes when I read them.

In fact they have nearly lost several games to weak teams this year. You honestly think Auburn should be ranked behind OU? Everyone knows OU's penchant for dominating their little league with Texas. It is typically easy for them to get handed a BCS birth, however as of late they tend to get it handed to them in all of those, likely because they run into teams outside of their little pond* conference.

Face it, OU would be 4th or 5th* AT BEST in the SEC.

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2010, 08:12 AM
Arky would be 4th or 5th* AT BEST in the Big XII.

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2010, 08:13 AM
Good to see the inbreeding hasn't stopped over there.

SoonerPride
10/18/2010, 08:20 AM
Arkansas plays football?

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2010, 08:23 AM
Gotta do something while their sisters and cousins are on the rag.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/18/2010, 08:42 AM
They just don't understand how an undefeated team from the big 12 can be ranked higher than an undefeated team from the SEC..

LOL Dude. OU's schedule is full of weakness. I'd straight up puke if Arkansas left the SEC for the weak sauce little 12. That conference is a joke.

MeMyself&Me
10/18/2010, 08:43 AM
If memory serves, the last time OU played Arky it was in a bowl game, during a down year for OU no less, and Arky had a hard time getting past the 50 yard line... much less, winning.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/18/2010, 08:45 AM
Yeah, Georgia is having a down year obviously. But my 4th or 5th would put OU in front of Georgia. Actually I would put Georgia at about the same level as OU.

That leaves Florida, Bama, Auburn, and LSU all above OU.

LOL

Mississippi Sooner
10/18/2010, 08:47 AM
Florida. LMAO

sooneron
10/18/2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah, Georgia is having a down year obviously. But my 4th or 5th would put OU in front of Georgia. Actually I would put Georgia at about the same level as OU.

That leaves Florida, Bama, Auburn, and LSU all above OU.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

yermom
10/18/2010, 09:51 AM
i haven't spent any real time in Arkansas, but from what i gather from people that do, they are very little brotherish with their hatred of OU

whining about media coverage, etc...

IGotNoTiming
10/18/2010, 09:52 AM
Remember,

"Never argue with an idiot, they will lower you down to their level and then whip your a** with experience."

Clever Trevor
10/18/2010, 09:55 AM
OU would be like, third in the big teneleven!

KantoSooner
10/18/2010, 09:58 AM
Trevor, surely you jest. You guys are going to whip up on that worthless conference like nobody's bidness. You might never lose another conference game. Enjoy yourselves with the little sisters.

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2010, 10:01 AM
I've said for years, that if you spent time in College Station, Fayetteville and Austin...that at the next RRS, you'd shake hands with hornfans and apologize for labeling them so harshly. You'd still rip their nutsack off but precede that with a heartfelt handshake.

Texas Aggy and Pigvomit are so incredibly jealous of OU they can hardly breathe through their mouth.

delhalew
10/18/2010, 10:29 AM
I have tried to figure out why they are so jealous. Hell, we never play each other anymore.

picasso
10/18/2010, 10:32 AM
That's a beautiful state, minus the people.

Hornkiller
10/18/2010, 10:33 AM
i haven't spent any real time in Arkansas, but from what i gather from people that do, they are very little brotherish with their hatred of OU

whining about media coverage, etc...

Sooner fan in Arkansas for 10 years. It's the same justifcation you see in Oxford, Starkville, Auburn and most other SEC programs when they are down. All SEC fans think their #6 or #7 school would be conference champion in the Big XII, Big 10, ACC or Pac-10. What the Hogs do is no different then most SEC do to justify their seasons when it is circling the drain.

There are a few reasons Arkansas takes it to another level.

A. It was a member of the SWC and there are still old school fans out there that remember the rivalry with Texas and the home cooking they got being the only Non-texas School in the former SWC. You can’t debate that moving to the SEC when they did was a brilliant move so most Hog fans still want to rub it in the face of their old rivals. Kind of like getting a better girlfriend and making sure you walk by your ex with her as much as possible.
B. Proximity – Fayetteville is closer to 5 Big XII campuses then it is to the closest SEC campus.
C. Growth in NWA – Only Vegas has grown faster then the Northwest Corner of Arkansas. Die hard Hog fans can’t believe that there are so many Sooner fans. Not just Sooners, but Texas, Kansas State and Missouri fans are in abundance. For fans whose mentality is “one state – one team” this has been a shock to the system that people haven’t moved here and abandoned their favorite team for the Razorbacks. And most won’t take duel membership. Either you’re all Hog or you’re against us.
D. Inflated Pride – Arkansas fans want to be wanted. Most are under the dilution that there is an engraved invitation waiting for them to join the Big XII. They actually get shocked when people like me suggest that the Big XII isn’t waiting with baited breath and a candle light vigil for them to jump off the SEC ship. But that illusion makes them feel like their program is a heavyweight. Throw that in with the misguided notion that Vandy, Ole Miss or Kentucky would come into Norman and win you can see why (some) Arkansas fans think their program is in the rarified air that Oklahoma is.

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 10:36 AM
Why would they want to be in the Big 12, didn't they barely beat sucky suck aTm on a neutral field?

stoopified
10/18/2010, 10:52 AM
Arkansas plays football?Yeah but the way they play is the challenging part,they use their live pet pig as a football and just tie its little legs together.

chuckrollz
10/18/2010, 10:55 AM
two words....penis envy

TexasLidig8r
10/18/2010, 11:02 AM
OU would be like, third in the big teneleven!

lol Not so fast my friend.

I understand Texas is negotiating with the Big 10/11/whatever conference to allow its teams, whenever they play Corn State Aggy, to wear burnt orange uniforms and Longhorns on their helmets.

If the financial aspect can be negotiated and agreed, Nebbish may never win a conference game ever.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 11:27 AM
OU would be like, third in the big tenweleven!

fixed

SoonerInSpringdale
10/18/2010, 11:40 AM
I wasn't talking in regards to last season either. As I will restate: OU would be 4th or 5th in the SEC AT BEST (and this is being very gracious) if they were to play in the SEC.

Lol Wut?

PDXsooner
10/18/2010, 11:43 AM
Arkansas is a SWC team. Since they joined the SEC they have never won an SEC title, and never made a BCS bowl. My most recent memory of them is being tea-bagged 38-7 by a mediocre Big 12 team in the Cotton Bowl a few years ago.

They are unable to compete in their own conference. Why they would brag about the conference is beyond me.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/18/2010, 11:53 AM
Since Georgia has more BCS bowl wins than OK of late. What is your record in BCS bowls over the last say 10 years. Yes, everyone knows of your 2001 Title. News flash that was 10 years ago and you haven't had a BCS win since.

Again, last 10 years they have more bowl wins than OK... including BCS. Now I know you want to live in the past... but the fact is, it's been 10 years since your last BCS win.

We all know why you play in a bunch of BCS bowls, it's because your cupcake conference allows alot of easy wins with not much risk.

SOOO it's fairly easy path to a BCS game for OU.. unfortunately for OK, the BCS wins are not so easy.

No over the last 10 years Georgia > OU.

Seriously?

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 11:58 AM
Seriously?

Must not have acctually watched college football in the past ten years. And why are they hanging thier hat on Georgia? How many BCS bowls has Arkansas been to?

SoonerInSpringdale
10/18/2010, 11:59 AM
Since Georgia has more BCS bowl wins than OK of late. What is your record in BCS bowls over the last say 10 years. Yes, everyone knows of your 2001 Title. News flash that was 10 years ago and you haven't had a BCS win since.

Again, last 10 years they have more bowl wins than OK... including BCS. Now I know you want to live in the past... but the fact is, it's been 10 years since your last BCS win.

We all know why you play in a bunch of BCS bowls, it's because your cupcake conference allows alot of easy wins with not much risk.

SOOO it's fairly easy path to a BCS game for OU.. unfortunately for OK, the BCS wins are not so easy.

No over the last 10 years Georgia > OU.

Seriously?

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 12:04 PM
Sooner fan in Arkansas for 10 years. It's the same justifcation you see in Oxford, Starkville, Auburn and most other SEC programs when they are down. All SEC fans think their #6 or #7 school would be conference champion in the Big XII, Big 10, ACC or Pac-10. What the Hogs do is no different then most SEC do to justify their seasons when it is circling the drain.

There are a few reasons Arkansas takes it to another level.

A. It was a member of the SWC and there are still old school fans out there that remember the rivalry with Texas and the home cooking they got being the only Non-texas School in the former SWC. You can’t debate that moving to the SEC when they did was a brilliant move so most Hog fans still want to rub it in the face of their old rivals. Kind of like getting a better girlfriend and making sure you walk by your ex with her as much as possible.
B. Proximity – Fayetteville is closer to 5 Big XII campuses then it is to the closest SEC campus.
C. Growth in NWA – Only Vegas has grown faster then the Northwest Corner of Arkansas. Die hard Hog fans can’t believe that there are so many Sooner fans. Not just Sooners, but Texas, Kansas State and Missouri fans are in abundance. For fans whose mentality is “one state – one team” this has been a shock to the system that people haven’t moved here and abandoned their favorite team for the Razorbacks. And most won’t take duel membership. Either you’re all Hog or you’re against us.
D. Inflated Pride – Arkansas fans want to be wanted. Most are under the dilution that there is an engraved invitation waiting for them to join the Big XII. They actually get shocked when people like me suggest that the Big XII isn’t waiting with baited breath and a candle light vigil for them to jump off the SEC ship. But that illusion makes them feel like their program is a heavyweight. Throw that in with the misguided notion that Vandy, Ole Miss or Kentucky would come into Norman and win you can see why (some) Arkansas fans think their program is in the rarified air that Oklahoma is.

Still I wouldn't call that justification....more pure fantasy.

Stating all of that doesn't make them right.

PDXsooner
10/18/2010, 12:26 PM
Wait, how does Georgia have more BCS wins than us? We beat Florida State in the 2001 Orange Bowl and Washington St in the 2003 Rose Bowl. That's two. Am I missing something?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/18/2010, 12:39 PM
I guess when you haven't accomplished anything of note in 40 years, you live vicariously through your conference.

If they come to the B12 they can live vicariously through us, since they still won't have any accomplishments.

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 12:59 PM
Wait, how does Georgia have more BCS wins than us? We beat Florida State in the 2001 Orange Bowl and Washington St in the 2003 Rose Bowl. That's two. Am I missing something?

I also read on there that we haven't had a bowl win in ten years and that we have been "beat down" in every BCS bowl we've been too. They must have forgotten about the Cotton Bowl in 01...or that our BCS losses weren't "beatdowns". In the LSU game we lost by a td, BSU we lost by a point, UF close game throughout.

Durpee dur...They must have been too busy going down on thier sister to know what has been going on in college football the last ten years.

soonerhubs
10/18/2010, 01:16 PM
I also read on there that we haven't had a bowl win in ten years and that we have been "beat down" in every BCS bowl we've been too. They must have forgotten about the Cotton Bowl in 01...or that our BCS losses weren't "beatdowns". In the LSU game we lost by a td, BSU we lost by a point, UF close game throughout.

Durpee dur...They must have been too busy going down on thier sister to know what has been going on in college football the last ten years.

They also left out the Rose Bowl, but give'em a break. Remembering stuff is hard. :D

Dan Thompson
10/18/2010, 01:17 PM
I like their colors.

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 01:26 PM
I like their colors.

That's what I was thinking. They must believe since thier colors are so close to OUrs, that they should be as good as us. :D

picasso
10/18/2010, 02:17 PM
Georgia isn't worth a ****. And they're head and shoulders above Arky.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 02:29 PM
Georgia isn't worth a ****. And they're head and shoulders above Arky.

Georgia got beat by Colorado. And Colorado hasn't been good since New Kids on the Block were a big deal.

crawfish
10/18/2010, 02:40 PM
How does the fact that they had to struggle to beat an awful A&M team play into their thinking?

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 02:42 PM
The day Arkie schedules a game against Tulsa University in Tulsa will be the day they finally showed that they aren't complete ***-holes.

picasso
10/18/2010, 02:46 PM
Georgia got beat by Colorado. And Colorado hasn't been good since New Kids on the Block were a big deal.

I'm talking program wise.

Hornkiller
10/18/2010, 03:11 PM
Still I wouldn't call that justification....more pure fantasy.

Stating all of that doesn't make them right.

It is a fantasy. But you know the saying... tell a lie once and people laugh, tell it a few more times and people start to think about it, keep on telling it and people will accept it as the truth.

The we're better because we're in the SEC excuse covers a lot of holes for Arkansas fan. It's easier for them to rag on the Big XII then to ask why their defense gave up over half a hundred or how come they didn't win an SEC title with three NFL running backs in their backfield.

As I said it's a different mindset over here, even compared with most of the "south." In their minds the 78 Orange Bowl was yesterday and the 87 Orange Bowl never happened. In their minds they should be able to throw a parade because LSU, Florida and Alabama won the national championship.

Sooner Brewcrew
10/18/2010, 03:19 PM
Yep. OU totally dominated. They're just having a little crying spell. All I can tell them is get over it!

cjames317
10/18/2010, 03:29 PM
lol Not so fast my friend.

I understand Texas is negotiating with the Big 10/11/whatever conference to allow its teams, whenever they play Corn State Aggy, to wear burnt orange uniforms and Longhorns on their helmets.

If the financial aspect can be negotiated and agreed, Nebbish may never win a conference game ever.

The horns' pwnage of the huskers has been Switzeresque.

Good win. Looks like the sMack, Greg & Boom Show gets renewed for another season.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe tOSU will let them hold their trophy for a minute or two.

DalHorn
10/18/2010, 03:36 PM
SEC fans like to live vicariously through one another, especially those programs that never win any titles on their own.

We can take or leave Arkie in the Big 12. Texas and OU will be fine w/ or w/out them. Adding them to the conference doesn't make a hill of beans as far as the conference's reputation and future. The only way the Big 12 can survive in the long run is adding a Notre Dame or LSU type with some national TV pull... not likely.

njsoonerfanatic
10/18/2010, 05:27 PM
the whole "OU would be 4th or 5th best" in the SEC thing is exactly what my friend who played for alabama says. he thinks that the sec is so deep and there teams are on a whole different lvl compared to the big12 and we have no idea what "defense" is and the spread offense is a joke. i hear this on a daily lvl especially after the bcs rankings came out last night

Tigeman
10/18/2010, 05:27 PM
The only way the Big 12 can survive in the long run is adding a Notre Dame with some national TV pull... not likely.

FIFY, and there's actually some talks going on that may just make you happy! :D We'll see as it's early on, but Deebe may just save his job on this one!

picasso
10/18/2010, 05:29 PM
SEC fans like to live vicariously through one another, especially those programs that never win any titles on their own.

We can take or leave Arkie in the Big 12. Texas and OU will be fine w/ or w/out them. Adding them to the conference doesn't make a hill of beans as far as the conference's reputation and future. The only way the Big 12 can survive in the long run is adding a Notre Dame or LSU type with some national TV pull... not likely.

No please.

I have relatives from Arky who live here now and I love them to death but please oh please keep that school and athletic program in the SEC.

Okie35
10/18/2010, 05:47 PM
How does the fact that they had to struggle to beat an awful A&M team play into their thinking?

Not only struggle, A&M played AWFUL too. They're bad to begin w/ but they played HS football against Arkansas and still almost won. Arkansas would be the 4th best team in the Big 12 which is funny because they're like the 3rd best in the SEC.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 06:03 PM
Living in NW Arkansas I hear this all the time. Today I actually heard someone complaining about the voters and that the solution is to just do the computers and take the favoritism out of it. When I mentioned to him that the computers are the main reason OU is #1 right now he went speechless for a minute.

It was a glorious and peaceful 60 seconds.

Okie35
10/18/2010, 06:19 PM
the whole "OU would be 4th or 5th best" in the SEC thing is exactly what my friend who played for alabama says. he thinks that the sec is so deep and there teams are on a whole different lvl compared to the big12 and we have no idea what "defense" is and the spread offense is a joke. i hear this on a daily lvl especially after the bcs rankings came out last night

Yet the spread is the reason why Auburn is the best team in the SEC right now.

DarrellZero
10/18/2010, 06:59 PM
This is just the time of year when the Hoggies' annual delusions of grandeur are exposed and the ugly reality of another 7-5 season sets in.

Happens every year.

Hornkiller
10/18/2010, 09:21 PM
Yet the spread is the reason why Auburn is the best team in the SEC right now.

Irony is Old Frank Broyals himself said the spread offense wouldn't work in the SEC after he and then HC Nutt ran Gus Malzon (former Hog now Auburn OC) out of town.

This was a few short weeks before Florida won the 06 National Title. A year later Missouri's spread spanked them in the Cotton Bowl. And it sure looked like Auburn is making it work. Thing is I think Frank would make his coach run the wishbone if he was still in charge.

Hornkiller
10/18/2010, 09:25 PM
Living in NW Arkansas I hear this all the time. Today I actually heard someone complaining about the voters and that the solution is to just do the computers and take the favoritism out of it. When I mentioned to him that the computers are the main reason OU is #1 right now he went speechless for a minute.

It was a glorious and peaceful 60 seconds.

But we play in the SEC... we should get to play a soft non-conference schedule.

Funny how SEC fan doesn't want to hear how Florida, Tennessee and Georgia all suck this year or how Les Miles blew a huge lead against a depleated North Carolina squad. SEC fan doesn't want to hear about Jackson State or Utah either.

SoonerNation20
10/18/2010, 09:36 PM

Wait, so you're saying Colorado was good last weekend? Because my house party really got wild when i put in the New Kids on the Block CD..

bluedogok
10/18/2010, 10:05 PM
Ask them how well that "SEC Defense" is holding up this season with the Playstation scores the SEC Defenses have been giving up this year.

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 10:07 PM
Wait, so you're saying Colorado was good last weekend? Because my house party really got wild when i put in the New Kids on the Block CD..

You have problems we may not be able to cure here.

SoonerNation20
10/18/2010, 10:11 PM
You have problems we may not be able to cure here.

Oh.. you don't even know what you're missing. It's not like i'm talking about Hanson here. Although 'Mmbop' was a catchy beat...

MonkeyMouth
10/18/2010, 10:26 PM
I've not met a more obnoxius fan base as I have with the Hog fans.

Mention you're a Sooner Fan and they're all up in your face about how much better they are.

The quickest way I've found to shut them up is to ask them how many National Championships they've won.

DenverSooner751
10/18/2010, 10:42 PM
Can we just all agree that they should be called Pig Aggy? Even if they aren't "aggie" they sure do agg out a lot.

Tigeman
10/18/2010, 11:58 PM
They're still pissy about 02' and 86'!

King Barry's Back
10/19/2010, 05:45 AM
I've said for years, that if you spent time in College Station, Fayetteville and Austin...that at the next RRS, you'd shake hands with hornfans and apologize for labeling them so harshly. You'd still rip their nutsack off but precede that with a heartfelt handshake.

Texas Aggy and Pigvomit are so incredibly jealous of OU they can hardly breathe through their mouth.

Yeah, you know, when the Big XII was formed, I thought OU and aTM would have so much in common because of our mutual hatred of TX.

Once I got to know the Ags, though, it made me realize how much we had in common with the whorns in terms of hating aTm.

Sooner_Tuf
10/19/2010, 09:56 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2001/bowls/news/2002/01/01/oklahoma_arkansas_ap/

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2010, 09:58 AM
What did we do, steal one of their sister-wives?

mohican
10/19/2010, 12:42 PM
I have a serious dislike for all pig fans and their Jealousy concerning OU.
This may have been posted before, but I saw this car in a parking lot one day and just had to grab a pic. Only a pig fan!
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/562/pigcar.jpg