PDA

View Full Version : UGH...I am going to have to root for the pokes on Sat

Sooner in Tampa
10/18/2010, 06:43 AM
:(

w0lfe
10/18/2010, 07:33 AM
Hell no lol. It doesnt matter because if we end up playing Neb in the CCG, it should equal things out.. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

stoopified
10/18/2010, 07:40 AM
If Nebraska beats oSu it pumps them back up so to quality win status(if they win out)so NO you don't have to root for T.Boone State. At least that is my outlook as I can't root for the Pukes against anyone,except maybe Al Quaida. :)

Soonerwake
10/18/2010, 07:45 AM
If Nebraska beats oSu it pumps them back up so to quality win status(if they win out)so NO you don't have to root for T.Boone State. At least that is my outlook as I can't root for the Pukes against anyone,except maybe Al Quaida. :)

I would have to think about it for awhile..:eek:

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2010, 07:48 AM
Honestly I think if the pokes can somehow make it undefeated until the game with us they will make for a good, quality win. Same can be said of nebbish if they make it to the CCG. So basically, unless I'm missing something, we benefit either way if we do our part and win the rest of our games and get the the CCG.

SoonerPride
10/18/2010, 07:52 AM
Payne County Tractor College will lose regardless of whom you root for

Taco Tech got wasted by Iowa State. That's all you need to know about the Biscuits win in Lubbock

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2010, 08:17 AM
We're already #1, we don't have to hope for help.

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2010, 08:20 AM
That can shift easily due to SOS factors with the computers or voters deciding our wins aren't big enough, so I'll take all the help we can get.

Boomer.....
10/18/2010, 08:24 AM
I wont be rooting for aggy.

Breadburner
10/18/2010, 08:26 AM
Negative....

goingoneight
10/18/2010, 08:32 AM
I'll take winning the rest of our games. You all can worry about what everyone else does. :)

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2010, 08:34 AM
For all I really care it can run out of overtimes and be the first tie in a long while. aggy is aggy...and friggin' orange. Nebbish are traitors who messed up a bunch of much more interesting options. So basically, screw it. Just try not to embarass the conference and OU through guilt by association.

OUmillenium
10/18/2010, 08:36 AM
You never HAVE to route for lOSUr, UTerus, or any conference school. If OU takes care of business, then you only need to route for OU.

Soonersince57
10/18/2010, 08:37 AM
Never be for a main rival; * or OSU. Never.

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2010, 08:38 AM
That can shift easily due to SOS factors with the computers or voters deciding our wins aren't big enough, so I'll take all the help we can get.

In the history of the BCS, no mid-season #1 or #2 team has ever missed the title game without losing. It's actually never even come close to happening.

Mississippi Sooner
10/18/2010, 08:45 AM
In the history of the BCS, no mid-season #1 or #2 team has ever missed the title game without losing. It's actually never even come close to happening.

Heh. In 2003 we actually made the title game after losing the last game of the year.

Of course, I'd rather not talk about how that turned out for us in the end.

However, I will say the same thing I've said so many times over the last ten years. I would always rather see the Sooners get to the title game and lose, than not get there at all. Let the fans of all the second rate teams say what they will. Just ask them how many times their team has played for it all in the same time period.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2010, 08:50 AM
its easier for me to pull for texas than osu

ElGuapoSooner
10/18/2010, 08:59 AM
Go Huskers...

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2010, 09:29 AM
another question,

why is it in college basketball, if you make the final four 6 times and win it all once, you're a demi-god...but in CFB if you finish in the top 4 in the final BCS poll 6 times and win 1 NC, you're struggling and the media refers to your "big game woes"

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 09:47 AM
another question,

why is it in college basketball, if you make the final four 6 times and win it all once, you're a demi-god...but in CFB if you finish in the top 4 in the final BCS poll 6 times and win 1 NC, you're struggling and the media refers to your "big game woes"

East and West and ESPN media bias. DUHHHH! ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 09:49 AM
I just want us to beat Mizzou Saturday. Anything else that happens is only of mild interest.

Chuck Bao
10/18/2010, 11:32 AM
At first, I was for Nebbish. And, I still think they'll win for the simple fact that the Huskers have a much stronger defense. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that OSU has yet faced an even remotely stout defense in their earlier games.

But on second thought, I wish some of the OU fans holding season tickets to OSU games would show up in OU gear and hold up a sign (if the aggies manage a win) saying: "The Great State of Oklahoma wishes Nebraska a fond farewell. Thanks for playing, but the football stays here."

mehip
10/18/2010, 11:37 AM
I'm rooting for the pokes to get curb stomped.

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 11:49 AM
I root fer OU, **** every body else :cool:

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 11:51 AM
Why not root for us to win out. That way it would be an epic bedlam game with so many national pundits talking about it plus it will be the last game of the regular season which can only help you if you win in the BCS

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 11:54 AM
Why not root for us to win out. That way it would be an epic OU-OSU game with so many national pundits talking about it plus it will be the last game of the regular season which can only help you if you win in the BCS

Why? Looking for another way to delude yourselves into thinking you matter?

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 11:55 AM
Why? Looking for another way to delude yourselves into thinking you matter?

You got me:rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 12:02 PM

Vet, you're gonna get negged with a pissy attitude like that. There is some sort of list out there of the teams you must root for or against when they are not playing OU. There is even a matrix that shows what to do when they play each other and there is a conflict. If you do not root in this manner, your moral fiber comes into question and you will go before the tribunal. Now, I don't personally know where to find this magic list, but I've seen the wrath of the tribunal in form of personal attacks on otherwise loyal Sooner fans right here on SF.com. You have been warned.

Soonersince57
10/18/2010, 12:02 PM

Zackley

FirstandGoal
10/18/2010, 12:06 PM
Why not root for us to win out. That way it would be an epic OU-OSU game with so many national pundits talking about it plus it will be the last game of the regular season which can only help you if you win in the BCS

You mean other than the reason that every poke in the nation would give his left *** and party like its 1999 if OU managed to lose a game between now and then?

I can't decide what's gonna be funnier to watch this season.... [hairGel] getting beat by the cornholios or teh :texan:

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 12:14 PM
"if OSU was playing a women's college, I'd pick the women's college."

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 12:17 PM
You mean other than the reason that every poke in the nation would give his left *** and party like its 1999 if OU managed to lose a game between now and then?

I can't decide what's gonna be funnier to watch this season.... [hairGel] getting beat by the cornholios or teh :texan:

Even if OU were to lose a game between now and then, our game would still be for the Big 12 South. Frankly I don't really care if yall win or lose until our game but I think it would be really cool if both of us were undefeated. Rivals playing for all the marbles would be pretty cool.

If yall were to win, then it doesn't matter about the Big 12 CCG (unless you lose) because that win will be enough to propel the winner. We're talking #1 vs. around #6 if both are undefeated and a win like that as the last game does wonders with the voters

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 12:18 PM
Even if OU were to lose a game between now and then, our game would still be for the Big 12 South. Frankly I don't really care if yall win or lose until our game but I think it would be really cool if both of us were undefeated. Rivals playing for all the marbles would be pretty cool.

If yall were to win, then it doesn't matter about the Big 12 CCG (unless you lose) because that win will be enough to propel the winner. We're talking #1 vs. around #6 if both are undefeated and a win like that as the last game does wonders with the voters

You need to take this to the south oval.

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 12:18 PM
Vet, you're gonna get negged with a pissy attitude like that. There is some sort of list out there of the teams you must root for or against when they are not playing OU. There is even a matrix that shows what to do when they play each other and there is a conflict. If you do not root in this manner, your moral fiber comes into question and you will go before the tribunal. Now, I don't personally know where to find this magic list, but I've seen the wrath of the tribunal in form of personal attacks on otherwise loyal Sooner fans right here on SF.com. You have been warned.

**** em ,I aint skeered . Pokes can continue to suck donkey dicks as far i care ;)

Dio
10/18/2010, 12:22 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 12:24 PM
Even if OU were to lose a game between now and then, our game would still be for the Big 12 South. Frankly I don't really care if yall win or lose until our game

Frankly I dont care if Yall keep on breathin , actually check that, I'd rather Yall just quit.

but I think it would be really cool if both of us were undefeated. Rivals playing for all the marbles would be pretty cool.

Where ya get this "Rivals" ****? Yall have won 16 times in a 104 years:rolleyes:

Whats with the IF **** ya dumas?:P

OUinFLA
10/18/2010, 12:25 PM

Sexist!

post reported

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 12:29 PM
I said Rivals not equals. I know of a lot of Sooner fans that think we are rivals. I didn't say on the same level as. We have a tradition of sucking at football but we're trying to shed that image. We've been pretty competitive in the last decade for the most part

OSUAggie
10/18/2010, 12:29 PM
We'll win by 45+, so not sure about all the hand wringing about who everybody wants to win. This **** is in the bag. More concerned about the trip to Manhattan the following week.

FirstandGoal
10/18/2010, 12:33 PM

Fail...

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 12:36 PM
I meant that we'd be playing for the Big 12 South which historically has dominated the North. So as in all the marbles I meant the Big 12 Championship.

Yes I know Texas and yall are the reason for the domination

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 12:38 PM
We'll win by 45+, so not sure about all the hand wringing about who everybody wants to win. This **** is in the bag. More concerned about the trip to Manhattan the following week.

You really are a dumas aggie aint ya?:rolleyes:

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 12:39 PM
I meant that we'd be playing for the Big 12 South which historically has dominated the North. So as in all the marbles I meant the Big 12 Championship.

Yes I know Texas and yall are the reason for the domination

To be fair, I think the Soldier Aggies were in the mix once.

FirstandGoal
10/18/2010, 12:39 PM

IS there any other kind? :confused:

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 12:41 PM
To be fair, I think the Soldier Aggies were in the mix once.

Ahh yes, 1997 I think. Thank you for pointing that out

3rdgensooner
10/18/2010, 12:42 PM
I'd have to muster up some care to root for either team.

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 12:43 PM

To be fair, I don't think we'll win by 45+ but I am expecting around a 21 pt win. They have had trouble with the spread like we run traditionally and they're offense is so 1 dimensional it's funny. Just like ours last year towards the end of the year

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 12:45 PM
IS there any other kind? :confused:

Had a brain fart My bad:O

soonerchk
10/18/2010, 12:53 PM
Ahh yes, 1997 I think. Thank you for pointing that out

It was during the dark years of John Blake. I try to forget that as well.

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2010, 12:58 PM
I find myself leaning towards OSU for this one. It feels more like a choice in rooting for a Big 12 school vs a Big 10 school.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2010, 01:11 PM
We've been pretty competitive in the last decade for the most part

This word "competitive". I do not think it means what you think it means.

2 wins in 11 years. Average points scored vs. OU in Stoops era: 18. Average points allowed: 35.

That is to say, on average you're 3 possessions away from making it "competitive".

Take a while to process that one before you respond.

OUinFLA
10/18/2010, 01:20 PM
I find myself leaning towards OSU for this one. It feels more like a choice in rooting for a Big 12 school vs a Big 10 school.

reasonable point
not popular, but reasonable

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 01:29 PM
This word "competitive". I do not think it means what you think it means.

2 wins in 11 years. Average points scored vs. OU in Stoops era: 18. Average points allowed: 35.

That is to say, on average you're 3 possessions away from making it "competitive".

Take a while to process that one before you respond.

I meant overall not just against yall

mehip
10/18/2010, 02:20 PM
Even if OU were to lose a game between now and then, our game would still be for the Big 12 South.

When was the last time oSu beat texas?

w0lfe
10/18/2010, 02:43 PM
its easier for me to pull for texas than osu

Im with this guy ^^

CowboyMRW
10/18/2010, 03:43 PM
When was the last time oSu beat texas?

I'm pretty sure it was 1997 but what does that have to do with anything today. Both teams are so much different than years past, it's funny. For once we have both an OC and a DC that really know what they do, instead of just having one or the other. That's what has OSU fans so excited about the future and its possibilities.

Rickety_Syd
10/18/2010, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it was 1997 but what does that have to do with anything today. Both teams are so much different than years past, it's funny. For once we have both an OC and a DC that really know what they do, instead of just having one or the other. That's what has OSU fans so excited about the future and its possibilities.

1997. OSU won 42-16. That's the only time OSU has beaten Texas in the Big 12.
But Texas was 4-7 that year. So a better question would be, when was the last time OSU beat Texas when Texas was actually a good football team? Never, as far as I can tell.

Screw the Pukes. I hope Nebraska beats them by 50. I'm tired of their whining about respect.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 04:31 PM
Not sure we really need to pull for either of them as NU is quickly reaching aggie status as far as I'm concerned. I hope they play it out to 3 OTs.

CrimsonJim
10/18/2010, 05:00 PM

That's just because you're a chk. ;)