PDA

View Full Version : I really, really hate Duck fans...

PDXsooner
10/17/2010, 11:11 PM
I know many fan bases vye for the title of "worst fans" every year..LSU, Okla. St, and many more. Let me introduce "Duck fan".

Duck fan is younger than the average fan --This is because prior to 1994, Oregon had nothing to be proud of.

Duck fan is "new money" - he has no appreciation for traditions and customs of old. Instead of embracing tradition, he belittles it.

Duck fan loves the hundreds of uniform combinations, he hates Penn State's simple traditional look.

Duck fan will never compliment traditional powers. Typical of perennial underdogs, when given the chance he will tell you how much OU, Ohio State, and 'Bama suck, instead of being proud of the fact that his team is in the discussion.

Duck fan hates the BCS. This is because they think they were screwed in 2001. What they won't bring up is their 5 wins by less than a TD, their home loss to Stanford, or the fact that their best win was against a 3-loss Colorado team.

Duck fan hates Oklahoma. Duck fans began to hate Oklahoma fans after the "replay" incident in Autzen in '06. They say OU fans were too harsh afterwards (thanks to a local columnist who wrote about OU fans making death threats to the replay official). This a cover-up for the guilt they have for being the beneficiary of said scandal.

Duck fan has been to two Rose Bowls since the '57 season. Duck fan hasn't won a Rose bowl since 1917. I hate Duck fan.

SoonerDood
10/17/2010, 11:13 PM
Duck fan has not been to a Rose Bowl since the '94 season. Duck fan hasn't won a Rose bowl since 1917. I hate Duck fan.

I hate Duck Fan too, but what about last year?

btk108
10/17/2010, 11:14 PM
We got DUCKED!

rainiersooner
10/17/2010, 11:14 PM
Living in Seattle, and as an occasional Husky "supporter" (though not fan), I might hate the Ducks more than you. But you have to live there!!! I would love to get to play the Ducks in the BCS championship game.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 11:15 PM
All that and they stole Donald duck.

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 11:28 PM
How disney hasn't sued their a$$e$ I'll never know!

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 11:33 PM

No joke they even have him wearing a little sailor hat, which makes me feel extremely homophobic.

soonercastor
10/17/2010, 11:36 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/castorinho/folders/Jing/media/315ecc1c-abbe-4af4-a387-ad26cc63a1cc/2010-10-17_2335.png

cost us a shot at a title, makes me sick.

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 11:37 PM
Blah, NVM.... apparently Disney likes being associated w/ those scum! They have a licensing agreement!

"Donald is the only popular film and television cartoon character to appear as a mascot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mascot) for a major American university: a licensing agreement between Disney and the University of Oregon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Oregon) allows the school's sports teams to use Donald's image as its "Fighting Duck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon_Duck)" mascot. In 1984, Donald Duck was named an honorary alumnus of the University of Oregon during his 50th birthday celebration. During a visit to the Eugene Airport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Airport), 3,000 to 4,000 fans gathered for the presentation of an academic cap and gown to Donald. Thousands of area residents signed a congratulatory scroll for Donald, and that document is now part of Disney's corporate archives."

I always knew Disney was evil!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2335/2228093740_bf8bce67a4.jpg

http://www.subliminal-video.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/disneysex.jpg

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/17/2010, 11:38 PM
I hate Duck fans because during the Holiday Bowl I sat next to a female one whose voice, I am convinced, permanently damaged my hearing. It made fingernails on a chalkboard sound soothing.

And also either she or one of her flock tried to throw chewed gum into my hoodie before they left in despair and anger.

A-holes, all the way.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 11:41 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/castorinho/folders/Jing/media/315ecc1c-abbe-4af4-a387-ad26cc63a1cc/2010-10-17_2335.png

cost us a shot at a title, makes me sick.

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

They suck. We have scores to settle with the ducks, boise and tcu.

Who knows...we might be able to settle one this year.

yermom
10/17/2010, 11:42 PM

i'm pretty sure they are actually using Donald Duck with a trademark, so i think they have some agreement. Oregon has lots of Nike money

Oregon fans were already not too happy with Oklahoma after 2004 and 2005

they got left out of the championship game in 2001, but left out of the BCS altogether in 2005 only to get beaten by us

really, they were pretty awesome when i was in Eugene. we couldn't walk through the tailgates to the stadium without people stopping us and giving us microbrews and brats

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 11:45 PM
That's just sick Yermom. They tried to get you drunk enough to touch their weiners.

SoonerDood
10/17/2010, 11:47 PM
KSU of the Pac10. Nike says they stick around.

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 11:48 PM
i'm pretty sure they are actually using Donald Duck with a trademark, so i think they have some agreement. Oregon has lots of Nike money

Oregon fans were already not too happy with Oklahoma after 2004 and 2005

they got left out of the championship game in 2001, but left out of the BCS altogether in 2005 only to get beaten by us

really, they were pretty awesome when i was in Eugene. we couldn't walk through the tailgates to the stadium without people stopping us and giving us microbrews and brats

See my post above about the licensing agreement....your a bit late ;)

As to your experience down there, I got yelled at and bitched at the whole time in Eugene. Totally different experience from what you had. One dip$hit even ran by and tried to rip out the legs of our tent of our tailgate, then ran off like a puss when he couldn't do it. Almost as bad as LSU and ThugU's fans.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 11:50 PM
Of all the scores we have to settle, the Ducks are the ones I want most. Boise won...Period. LSU needs it for their friggin' fans, but again it was pretty much just a matter of we got beat. Oregon? We beat there sorry azzes and they KNOW it. They need to go down hard.

yermom
10/17/2010, 11:53 PM
plus, at the Holiday bowl, i couldn't stop laughing at these:

http://images1.cpcache.com/product/35065491v1_350x350_Front_Color-Yellow.jpg

soonerboomer93
10/18/2010, 12:04 AM

as I recall, Disney was planning to. However, there exists a photo of Walt, with Oregon/Donald Duck gear.

sounds like though, they've changed some stuff and the Customed Oregon Duck is now it's own

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/03/disney_uo_mascot_part_ways.html

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 12:04 AM
One thing I've experienced about Road Games is....they can be fun. I try to slide in...root for my Team and then hang out by the Team after the Victory and try to help the crowd pump up the Team before they eat their chicken dinners and head Home. Then I slide out of town as fast as possible.

I don't go set up a huge Tailgate anymore and make myself a Target. Now if you're gonna do that I suggest you invite as many OU fans in as you can. Usually the more you have the less problems you have. There was a really good one these folks had one year in Lubbock. They had converted an old bus to a Tailgate RV and was offering everyone to bring their stuff in and share in the festivities. They had a keg and only asked folks to throw a little dough to offset their expenses. We had no trouble and there were probably 50-100 Sooners there.

Bowl Games, Some Off-site Venues and the RRSO are all different though. We usually make a spectacle at those.

One year at K-State I saw one our guys who was really drunk get told he couldn't come in the Stadium. Dude threw a fit and about got arrested. I felt bad for him as we beat that mildkat *** that day....but he didn't get in because he tried to show out. You're a guest at these places and it's usually best to act like a good fan and not like a whorn.

soonerboomer93
10/18/2010, 12:12 AM
That's just sick Yermom. They tried to get you drunk enough to touch their weiners.

yermom is a known afficianado, not in the STEP category, but he does spend a lot of time with doleo.

yermom
10/18/2010, 12:20 AM
now, the homeless Oregon fans didn't like doleo...

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 12:21 AM
heh.

TahoeSOONER
10/18/2010, 12:27 AM
I'm not caught up in the hate of the past, see Nebraska. I'm proud of what we are now! The beauty of CFB is you can't change the past but you'll get chances to control your own destiny. There's only one Oklahoma!

Tigeman
10/18/2010, 12:30 AM
I'm not caught up in the hate of the past, see Nebraska. I'm proud of what we are now! The beauty of CFB is you can't change the past but you'll get chances to control your own destiny. There's only one Oklahoma!

And our past is what makes us who we are! Tradition Rich!

TahoeSOONER
10/18/2010, 12:43 AM
We've been there before and that's our strength as a football team and as fans.

PDXsooner
10/18/2010, 11:36 AM
I hate Duck Fan too, but what about last year?

Touche. Well, you get the point.

jumperstop
10/18/2010, 11:53 AM
You know how I know Oregon fans are gay?

http://sportsconversation.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/duck2.jpg

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2010, 12:19 PM
whorn fan feeling left out of the dumb-a-thon vs. duck fan

The texas that showed up Sat beats OU.

NO question.

We came within 8 without coaching or an offense.

This is why the BCS system sucks.

I love this time of year. Leaves start turning, brisk runs in the morning, kids debating halloween costume ideas, and the inevitable "we would beat OU now" starts to echo in land of rolling hills and skipping fags.

bonkuba
10/18/2010, 12:22 PM
The Holiday Bowl was great.......other than having to listen to all the Duck Calls......geeeesh....Wal Mart must have sold out of 'em.

My son was 2 or 3 then and he still remembers it......yep....hate those ducks.

Boomer Mooner
10/18/2010, 12:32 PM

I love this time of year. Leaves start turning, brisk runs in the morning, kids debating halloween costume ideas, and the inevitable "we would beat OU now" starts to echo in land of rolling hills and skipping fags.

What a laugh! If just one of the Nebraska recievers could catch a freakin' cold Texas goes home with 3 straight losses.

olevetonahill
10/18/2010, 12:50 PM
now, the homeless Oregon fans didn't like doleo...

What he do? try to **** a duck ?:eek:

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2010, 01:11 PM
I was actually attending law school at Oregon the year of replaygate. Still wore my OU shirts on Fridays all season. Never really got much smack from them about it. The best way to describe most of the reactions I did see would be sheepish. I think most people in Eugene knew that they benefited from a bogus call. As a fan or as a school, there wasn't a lot more to do beyond just keep playing their schedule though. Honestly while I was on campus I didn't see any of the stuff the OP describes.

OKLA21FAN
10/18/2010, 01:14 PM
and the inevitable "we would beat OU now" starts to echo

I think two weeks after the RRS might be an all time record in terms of quickness too. That usually appears about early to mid Nov. :pop:

btb916
10/18/2010, 01:31 PM
I was actually attending law school at Oregon the year of replaygate. Still wore my OU shirts on Fridays all season. Never really got much smack from them about it. The best way to describe most of the reactions I did see would be sheepish. I think most people in Eugene knew that they benefited from a bogus call. As a fan or as a school, there wasn't a lot more to do beyond just keep playing their schedule though. Honestly while I was on campus I didn't see any of the stuff the OP describes.

I'm in law school at OU, but after my first year, I went to Portland to work at a law office there. One day an attorney duck fan told me he knew OU got screwed and he still felt bad about it. That's a duck fan I can get behind.

That game was on my birthday, as well. I was out with friends and family that night and when all that went down, the party just fizzled out. Sad day :(

Lott's Bandana
10/18/2010, 01:55 PM
I'm in law school at OU, but after my first year, I went to Portland to work at a law office there. One day an attorney duck fan told me he knew OU got screwed and he still felt bad about it. That's a duck fan I can get behind.

That game was on my birthday, as well. I was out with friends and family that night and when all that went down, the party just fizzled out. Sad day :(

I couldn't make that game, so I sold my tix to a Portland attorney who turned around and gave the tickets to a needy family recovering from their teen son's suicide earlier in the year.

I didn't know he was going to do this, he never mentioned it until after the game when he sent me a nice note explaining how much the family enjoyed getting out again and also how he personally felt we really had won.

I choose to let that be my impression of the typical O fan and leave it at that.

RFH Shakes
10/18/2010, 02:06 PM
Duck fan hasn't won a Rose bowl since 1917.

They're just mad that we have as many Rose Bowl trophies as they do & we're not even their conference.

ouduckhunter
10/18/2010, 02:08 PM

I agree that they were nice that day, but there was a reason. Their fans, especially the students, had been told/warned many times leading up to the game by the university administration, and every newspaper/media outlet in the state to treat OU fans well as we treated them in Norman!

Typically they are as boorish, oafish, stupid, and as self entitled a fan as you will ever meet in your life! They have a horrible reputation among other Pac 10 fans too. None of them know jack about football, and about all they can do is sit and scream and look ugly in their green and yeller! They think that they are studs for so many reasons, one of which they have a loud stadium. It's only loud when they're winning though, because the second they get behind, it's get's really quiet in there.

I hope that they get beat, and get beat bad cuz I'm tired of hearing about them day in and day out! Pfft on the Quacks!

ThinMan
10/18/2010, 02:15 PM
Didn't make it to Oregon so I was watching with a good buddy. I can remember celebrating when they said they were going to review that play. Oh to be naive again!

ouduckhunter
10/18/2010, 02:18 PM

The deal goes back to the 30's, 40's, or longer, but I think it was basically just a handshake agreement where the school asked Disney if they could use it, and Disney agreed. I don't think that they pay any fee for the use of it, or if they do, it's nominal like $25.00 a year. It was definitely the type of agreement that you would never see in this day and age.

Aarggh, I've really lived out here in Oreygone too long!! I shouldn't know this much about the quacks!

badger
10/18/2010, 02:38 PM
Duck fan has been to two Rose Bowls since the '57 season.

Duck fan has been to more Rose Bowls than OU then :)

I have relatives whom I love dearly from Oregon and they love Oregon. They are not all bad. The ones that came to Norman a few years back were fun and spent tons of money. The ones at the Holiday Bowl were fun too. It was just going to hippie liberal country where they treated us like trash... and since hippie liberal ducks recycle, they treat trash very, very badly :D

Seriously though, go duckie go. It was fun meeting them in Norman and at the Holiday Bowl. If we could just forget that crap in Autzen ever occurred, I wouldn't mind meeting them again

soonerboomer93
10/18/2010, 02:42 PM
The deal goes back to the 30's, 40's, or longer, but I think it was basically just a handshake agreement where the school asked Disney if they could use it, and Disney agreed. I don't think that they pay any fee for the use of it, or if they do, it's nominal like $25.00 a year. It was definitely the type of agreement that you would never see in this day and age.

Aarggh, I've really lived out here in Oreygone too long!! I shouldn't know this much about the quacks!

actually, the article I linked said it's 50% of the 12% liscening fee they get from any Oregon Duck merchandise.

badger
10/18/2010, 02:49 PM

They say they came within 8. Well, we came within 3 without our first round tight end and our Heisman trophy winner. :D

the argument never ends, but Travis ain't giving up his golden hat.

ouduckhunter
10/18/2010, 03:06 PM
actually, the article I linked said it's 50% of the 12% liscening fee they get from any Oregon Duck merchandise.

Warning, protect your eyes because this is a link to the Quack site. It goes into the history, but not the finances....

http://tinyurl.com/2ubmhpm

PDXsooner
10/18/2010, 03:13 PM
Listen, I have lived in Portland for 15 years. I am married to a Duck, all of my in-laws are Ducks. They are great people. This is a great state, and a great city. I love it here.

However, as college football fans, they are the worst. Uneducated (to the game), angry, fair-weathered fans with no appreciation for the history or pageantry of the game.

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:31 PM
Do the fans not live in Oregon?

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2010, 03:50 PM
I agree that they were nice that day, but there was a reason. Their fans, especially the students, had been told/warned many times leading up to the game by the university administration, and every newspaper/media outlet in the state to treat OU fans well as we treated them in Norman!

Really b/c I was a student at Oregon at the time and I don't remember seeing a single warning of that nature. Nothing over the list serve, nothing in the school paper. You'd think that one of those many many warnings would have come my way since I was practically scouring the campus for any news Oklahoma-related in the weeks leading up to the game. Call it Sooner football withdrawal symptoms XD

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 03:52 PM
I heard they wear green and yellow at times.

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2010, 04:09 PM
D'oh! Plz ignore - postfail!

Cornfed
10/18/2010, 04:10 PM
So adamant she said it twice.

PDXsooner
10/18/2010, 04:12 PM
I think the relationship between the fans was great up until after the game in Eugene. The outcry from many national columnists combined with OU fans' outrage rubbed a lot of people here the wrong way. The incident itself rubbed OU fans the wrong way.

Since then, the Duck fans as a whole have become an insufferable group of nimwits.

pac10SUX
10/18/2010, 04:17 PM
Really b/c I was a student at Oregon at the time and I don't remember seeing a single warning of that nature. Nothing over the list serve, nothing in the school paper. You'd think that one of those many many warnings would have come my way since I was practically scouring the campus for any news Oklahoma-related in the weeks leading up to the game. Call it Sooner football withdrawal symptoms XD

I had heard it on the local Portland sportscasts several times and read it in The Oregonian prior to the game. I know that everyone treated us well and wished us well. Except for the one drunk fool driving apick-up (which has never seen off-road) pulled up and blew his kazoo at us. He then went into a diatribe about my family lineage. :D

Football Jim
10/18/2010, 08:10 PM
Ducks suck.