PDA

View Full Version : OCTOBER SURPRISE

swardboy
10/17/2010, 10:13 PM
I was inclined to say the unveiling of Roy Finch, but then this BCS thing comes along. Which one surprises you most, or is it something else?

Betcha thought this would belong in the South Oval!

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 10:15 PM
Well actually Finch was a pleasant surprise, the BCS is like showing you your christmas present then telling you can't unwrap it until Christmas.

DenverSooner751
10/17/2010, 10:16 PM
Finch was a lot of fun to watch. And Landry playing very well is a awesome to see.

oudavid1
10/17/2010, 10:20 PM
Dont give me crap, but neither surprise me.

ouwasp
10/17/2010, 10:21 PM
After the Utah St game/fiasco, there is NO way I would have expected OU to be #1 at any point of the season.

okie state being undeafeated qualifies as an unpleasant surprise.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:27 PM
I'm putting the BCS stuff outta my mind for awhile.

We got some teams to devastate!

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 10:47 PM
After the Utah St game/fiasco, there is NO way I would have expected OU to be #1 at any point of the season.

^This. USU is probably on the same level as ISU; maybe even worse. I had expected to handle USU in a similar manner as we handled the cyclones yesterday, with maybe a bit of 1st game sloppiness. Big difference a month and a half makes.

silverwheels
10/17/2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, we have to continue our pwnage of Missouri this Saturday.

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 10:53 PM
The fact that OUr shortcomings haven't cost us. Hopefully, ISU was evidence we've turned it around. But I thought after USU, and then two weeks later against AFA that FSU was horrible and somebody was gonna embarass us in the second half. It's still possible, of course... but I'd have to say the "surprise" is definitely the 6-0 mark.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:56 PM
I hate using the ESPN crew's words but IMO it's the truth.

Our Body of work so far merits our standings and rankings.

SoonerDan74012
10/17/2010, 11:02 PM
okie state being undeafeated qualifies as an unpleasant surprise.
Just like Misery, they have played a crappy schedule. They are the two most overrated teams in the polls.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 11:17 PM
Just like Misery, they have played a crappy schedule. They are the two most overrated teams in the polls.

There is a difference between a crappy schedule and being overrated. It does mean they are not proven and there are some unknowns. Watching OSU, they have real issues on D and are probably overrated. Mizzou looks more sound, but they lack the big playmakers of recent years. I suspect they are a bit overrated, but not as much as the pokes. We'll find out soon enough.

FirstandGoal
10/18/2010, 01:31 AM
Game Day next week in Columbia.

Never saw that one coming...

oudavid1
10/18/2010, 11:35 AM
Game Day next week in Columbia.

Never saw that one coming...

I did

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146011

KantoSooner
10/18/2010, 11:42 AM
Looking back at the Mizzou record, you have to be impressed with 6-0, on the other hand, they haven't played a strong slate.
It's an away game, but we seem to have gelled a lot in the last three weeks. I am not aware of any critical injuries, though I'd like to have R. Lewis available.
All in all, I'm feeling pretty confident that OU wins, covers and shows well in Columbia.
Any word on how their pass defense is? If Landry has another day like Saturday, it could get very tedious for the Tigers.

Serge Ibaka
10/18/2010, 11:43 AM
I'm fine with Mizzou and Okie-Lite staying undefeated, and I hope they become even more over-rated.

I wish Nebraska wouldn't have lost, but that's just me.

soonersweetie
10/18/2010, 11:57 AM
Shocked at our BCS ranking. Very pleasantly surprised with Finch. He is gonna be fun to watch.

SoonerJack
10/18/2010, 12:53 PM
I have to go with Roy Finch. Being #1 in the BCS is fine, but at this point in the season it's meaningless.

I'm ready to unleash our offense on an inebriated collection of homecoming revelers @ Faurot Field.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 01:03 PM
Finch presents both a weapon and a challenge for the coaches. He showed flashes of being that elusive scat-back I think we have really needed for some time. But he also had to be told where to line up and I assume reminded of his assignment on most every play. One big mistake could negate a bunch of positive plays. Doing single play substitution doesn't work for us as it breaks up our tempo in the no huddle and allows to other guy to substitute, so he needs to be able to stay in for a series of plays. Clay looked more ready to play, but that was after we had the game in hand and the play calling was probably pretty simple by then. It will be very interesting so see if and how these guys get used next week.

tcrb
10/18/2010, 02:03 PM
Two things so far caught me by surprise this month:

1. A fullback getting the handoff up the middle.
2. A tight end catching a touchdown pass.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2010, 02:22 PM
Two things so far caught me by surprise this month:

1. A fullback getting the handoff up the middle.
2. A tight end catching a touchdown pass.

I really like that fullback trap we used a few times. Not going to get a lot of yards, but teams were stacking up against the predictable DM runs in short yardage and getting close to stuffing it.

But when KW called the FB run to get that TD Saturday, I was saying "Come on KW, let DM get his record!". Fortunately, KW was way smarter than me and DM got his record with some highlight plays. ;)

delhalew
10/18/2010, 06:32 PM
I really like that fullback trap we used a few times. Not going to get a lot of yards, but teams were stacking up against the predictable DM runs in short yardage and getting close to stuffing it.

But when KW called the FB run to get that TD Saturday, I was saying "Come on KW, let DM get his record!". Fortunately, KW was way smarter than me and DM got his record with some highlight plays. ;)

I love Millard.

StoopTroup
10/18/2010, 06:35 PM
I like the disappearance of the meercat.

SoonerNation20
10/18/2010, 06:42 PM
I'm surprised the world hasn't come to an end yet.. Seriously.. a tornado in NY, and an earthquake in Oklahoma? :eek:

However, on 2nd thought, the "earthquake" was actually found out to be a Mangino sighting, so we might be alright after all.