PDA

View Full Version : What do we know about Mizzou?

NOVSooner
10/17/2010, 08:37 PM
I admit i haven't watched much of them this year, none actually, so what will we face, what's their strenghts/weaknesses? of the highlights it seems they are a pass first team, and from what i've read, they've had as many players arrested as they have on roster!:confused: is it as simple as if we pressure and get to gibbert, we have it?

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:40 PM
I watched them play TAMU yesterday. They're better than TAMU but they didn't really thump them like we did ISU last night.

I think they are OK and it's possible they could win the Big XII North but I don't think they'll beat us.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 08:43 PM
We know they are undefeated and BCS #11 :)

I saw some of the CU and aTm games. The are like us in that they are a pass first team that uses short passing as a run substitute. They are playing solid, disciplined defense and are not making the big mistakes on offense. They don't have the talented skill players we have, but have reliable/serviceable receivers. Gabbert is a decent runner and has a cool head. How they approach us defensively will be very interesting and I suspect it will be different than what we've seen. I'm guessing they will be able to move the ball on us, but shouldn't get any quick strikes unless we blow an assignment.

Okie35
10/17/2010, 08:53 PM
I admit i haven't watched much of them this year, none actually, so what will we face, what's their strenghts/weaknesses? of the highlights it seems they are a pass first team, and from what i've read, they've had as many players arrested as they have on roster!:confused: is it as simple as if we pressure and get to gibbert, we have it?

They've gotten better defensively which is all the praise they're getting. Honestly though they've play nobody. Gabbert never runs. They excel at quick passes. Most teams got a lot of pressure on Missouri and their O-line isn't that good. That San Diego State game they won pretty much the last play w/ a pass to Gabberts fav. receiver, TJ Moe. They put him in the slot, he's small and shifty. Egnew, the tight end, is his 2nd fav. target. He has good hands and reminds me of Coffman. TJ Moe will be their biggest threat though. They barely run the ball. Most teams still put up tons of yards on them and that shouldn't be a problem. If we stick to our offensive balance we should win easily. They have no run game.

Okie35
10/17/2010, 08:55 PM
We know they are undefeated and BCS #11 :)

I saw some of the CU and aTm games. The are like us in that they are a pass first team that uses short passing as a run substitute. They are playing solid, disciplined defense and are not making the big mistakes on offense. They don't have the talented skill players we have, but have reliable/serviceable receivers. Gabbert is a decent runner and has a cool head. How they approach us defensively will be very interesting and I suspect it will be different than what we've seen. I'm guessing they will be able to move the ball on us, but shouldn't get any quick strikes unless we blow an assignment.

Yea a lot of quick passes. They are kind of predictable so I won't be surprised if our dbs jump routes but I hope they don't get too excited and fall for double moves. They run a lot of quick passes and try to go deep You brought up a big point. I wonder how they will scheme defensively as well. Gabbert may still have the hip pointer bothering him next week too.