PDA

View Full Version : OSU or Neb

boomerborn79
10/17/2010, 08:20 PM
So now that our Strength of schedule has us #1 are we still going for Nebraska to win out? Lol Or do we pull for the pokes to boost our SOS and big game finish. Like I said last week us winning and our strength or schedule winning will put us in the BCS game. If neb would have won we would be on the outside looking in.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:30 PM
It's a win win I think.

If nebraska wins it moves them closer to a Big XII CG when we beat mizzou. If lil brother wins we'll start hearing how they are on their way for their first MNC but we'll have the last say on that come 11-27. If Nebraska loses...they deserve it IMO.

SOS? I don't know that I care to much about that right now. We're up there in the BCS Ranks and winning seems the best way to control what Bowl we play in.

picasso
10/17/2010, 08:31 PM
I want oSu to lose every game they play.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 08:33 PM
Nebraska. Those Pokes are getting all uppity.

GottaHavePride
10/17/2010, 08:35 PM

This.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:35 PM

That would be funny but my Brylcreme Stock would take a huge hit and we might lose [hairGel] as a Coach there. I think [hairGel] is as bat**** crazy as Pat Jones was and a good fit for stoolwater.

King Barry's Back
10/17/2010, 08:40 PM
That would be funny but my Brylcreme Stock would take a huge hit and we might lose [hairGel] as a Coach there. I think [hairGel] is as bat**** crazy as Pat Jones was and a good fit for stoolwater.

Speaking of bat **** crazy coaches -- Mike Gundy and Pat Jones, and don't forget Loopy Lester Miles. For those of us old enough to remember, Jim Stanley was a nut job too.

Stillwater's had their share, that's for sure.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:41 PM
Speaking of bat **** crazy coaches -- Mike Gundy and Pat Jones, and don't forget Loopy Lester Miles. For those of us old enough to remember, Jim Stanley was a nut job too.

Stillwater's had their share, that's for sure.

TRU DAT....lol

King Barry's Back
10/17/2010, 08:44 PM
On the thread topic, purely in terms of SOS -- we should pull for oSu over Nebraska.

oSu is on our schedule, but we only play Nebraska IF we both make it to the CCG.

Nebraska is clearly not the dominant team they've tried to claim, and I am starting to see Mizzou as the North Champ.

So, assuming we win out, and rematch Mizzou -- then a Nebbish win over the pokers would hurt our SOS.

But not that much, so if you'd just like to see oSu, then I am with you on that, too.

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 08:48 PM
If we win out, it won't matter. Our SoS will will be good enough to get us in.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:48 PM
Who we play in the Big XII CG won't play into the BCS Formula. I think I'm right about this but not 100% sure. I think it's why we played LSU after dropping a game to K-State.

Anybody?

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 08:52 PM
Incorrect! It does count. It's helped us a few times. It also helps in the human polls, which definitely affects the BCS.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:53 PM
Incorrect! It does count. It's helped us a few times. It also helps in the human polls, which definitely affects the BCS.

I'm not sure I trust your opinion though. Anyone else? :D ;)

NCSooner18
10/17/2010, 08:54 PM
Who we play in the Big XII CG won't play into the BCS Formula. I think I'm right about this but not 100% sure. I think it's why we played LSU after dropping a game to K-State.

Anybody?

If I remember correctly, it was that we had such a big lead that the loss wasn't enough to drop us. Of course that was a long time ago and I can't remember what I had for lunch, so......

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 08:56 PM

I answered before you asked, but I'm too new to count.:P

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 08:56 PM

HAHA... Dick! Don't take my word for it though ;)

Note that every game counts fully in every part of the BCS formula. One of the bigger myths is that championship games don't count, or duplicate opponents don't count, but that is not true.

http://www.collegebcs.com/bcsfaq.html#Formula

soonerboomer93
10/17/2010, 08:57 PM

Nebraska. Those Pokes are getting all uppity.

both of these

I don't really have many pokes around, but well, they're going to get slapped back to reality sooner or later. Might as well let the huskers win so we can pimp slap them in dallas

GottaHavePride
10/17/2010, 08:57 PM
That KSU game counted in the BCS. We were just so damn far ahead of everyone else that even with that loss at the end of the season we were STILL ahead of everyone else that year.

bluedogok
10/17/2010, 08:59 PM
Years ago it didn't but I think in the tweaking of the formula it was added in....like the year after the 2003 Big 12 CCG.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:01 PM
I just hadn't taken the time to think that far ahead this year. The Big XII CG game is Dec. 4th

Not sure when the BCS's Selection Sunday is? I'm guessing the 5th?

Like I said I wasn't 100%.....lol

If it does...Nebraska winning the North and beating everyone else on their Schedule happens then I lean towards playing them for all the Big XII marbles. Beating their *** would make me very happy and we wouldn't have to possibly play Mizzou again.

Still though....lots of football before we get there.

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/17/2010, 09:05 PM
I think it depends on who wins the Mizzu - Neb game.

Mizzu wins it, then who cares what games Neb win because we probably won't be playing them in the CCG.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:07 PM
I think it depends on who wins the Mizzu - Neb game.

Mizzu wins it, then who cares what games Neb win because we probably won't be playing them in the CCG.

That's probably how it will shake out.

boomerborn79
10/17/2010, 09:14 PM
I'm pulling for little brother. Just like 08 I want them to be as highly ranked as ever and them to have as much confidence as possible. Then beat there a55 by thirty so they can run home crying to momma gundy.

MojoRisen
10/18/2010, 08:27 AM
That KSU game counted in the BCS. We were just so damn far ahead of everyone else that even with that loss at the end of the season we were STILL ahead of everyone else that year.

They changed the rule on this, because of us, it started counting after the 2003 B12C game.

BigTip
10/18/2010, 08:50 AM
I think beating undefeated little pokies (Mmmm, Jennifer Anniston) would be enough of a boost in the human polls to make the Big 12 champ game opponent moot.

MI Sooner
10/18/2010, 11:49 AM
They changed the rule on this, because of us, it started counting after the 2003 B12C game.

The polls and computer rankings used were issued after the CCGs. I'm not sure if they doubled up the quility win points or SOS if you played a team twice, but I think they did.

King Barry's Back
10/19/2010, 04:30 AM
I know that in the past, the CCGs were treated as normal game -- UNLESS the CCG represented a re-match.

In the case of rematch, the BCS powers that be gave you no credit towards your SOS, presumably because that team's SOS value was already included.

Which is kind of nuts because it is clearly more difficult to play a team twice than it is to play a team one time.

I don't know what the current situation is.

So....I guess this post was completely useless.

Eddie Money
10/19/2010, 05:52 AM
Screw everyone that is not OU.

AlbqSooner
10/19/2010, 06:34 AM
I'm pulling for little brother. Just like 08 I want them to be as highly ranked as ever and them to have as much confidence as possible. Then beat there a55 by thirty so they can run home crying to momma gundy, who will hand feed them fried chicken.

FIFY