PDA

View Full Version : Seems As Though Some Razorback Fans Want In The Big 12 After The Auburn Game

sozo
10/17/2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=368427.0

Jacie
10/17/2010, 07:26 PM
Truly, a fanbase that can fold planetary astronomy into a football thread is worthy . . .

majestic
Senior

Re: ARKANSAS NEEDS TO JOIN THE BIG 12....TAKE A FEW OTHER SEC TEAMS WITH US
« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:14:35 PM »

Pluto is not a planet.

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2010, 07:52 PM
I just love the story I found over there.

October 16, 2010. I'll never forget this day. However to an extent I want to forget it mainly because of the horrendous showing of the Razorback Defense and Special Teams. However, the best part of the day was the most exciting. Me and my wife met a friend of ours at TGIFs in Fort Smith. Obviously they had the game turned on and blasting through speakers in the restaurant. I don't remember what the score was, but Arkansas was in good shape and was fighting back with Auburn.

The hostess sits us in the bar area and right at the very front was this guy wearing an orange Harley Davidson t-shirt, a stupid white bandanna with a Confederate flag on it and he was obviously a few sheets to the wind. I walk into the bar area last and jumps right in front of my face and screams "War Eagle War Eagle". I didn't care he was an Auburn fan having a good time, whatever no problem.

Well the more I thought about it, the more I thought, let's liven this place up. So I started a Hog call and the whole place followed suit, shortly after our defense had one of the few stops we had all day. Well every time we made a first down I did the whole "that's another Arkansas Razorback...FIRST DOWN!" and everyone in the bar was getting into it and having a good time.

Except for the Auburn fan. He was not liking my loud, obnoxious voice (I know this because he was telling his ugly greasy biker girl friend he didn't appreciate me coming in here and yelling in his ear). Well shortly after this guy comes up to me wearing a Razorback jersey (three sheets to the wind as well) and was like "man you have livened this place up, I've been trying to get people to get loud and shut this sum bitch up, because he is pissing me off". I informed the fellow Razorback fan, I was just here to eat a bite and have a good time and watch the second half.

A situation was brewing. After Tyler Wilson threw his first interception the Auburn fan started screaming "woo pig phooie, woo pig phooie, you suck, second rate trash program, woo pig phooie". Well this comment alone was ticking me off. The Razorback fan I mentioned definitely didn't like it. He approached the Auburn fan and a war of words began (right in front of us mind you). The last thing I remember was the Auburn fan called the Arkansas fan "fat ******** Arkansas fagot"

BOOM! Down goes Auburn fan! Arkansas fan delivered a devestation right hook that knocked this guy to the floor, rattled our table, spilled my drink. It took 3 guys from TGIFs to stop the Arkansas fan from pounding him, meanwhile the Auburn fan was down in the floor "call the police, call the police, I'm pressing charges".

That's how it went down. Arkansas may have lost the game. However an Auburn fan learned a lesson.

GO HOGS!

tcrb
10/17/2010, 08:05 PM
We really dont need any more livestock (especially swine) in the Big XII.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 08:06 PM
and yet they would be a nice fit in the north.

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 08:09 PM
How about that SEC defense?

tcrb
10/17/2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I know, on paper a good fit.....but their fan base is bottom of the garbage bin.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I know, on paper a good fit.....but their fan base is bottom of the garbage bin.

Which would replace the colo fans nicely.

tcrb
10/17/2010, 08:15 PM
Which would replace the colo fans nicely.

and nebraska fans too, all at the same time!

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 08:15 PM
MR2,

Don't laugh. I've seen and been involved in incidents like that w/ TX and poke fans. Most the TX fans are educated enough to just go along w/ the rivalry and poke and prod back but leave it at that. There's always at least one or two idiots though...we have em too. Now going to Stillwater, it just seems everyone there is stricken w/ the stupid bug.

slh1234
10/17/2010, 08:16 PM
How about that SEC defense?

That's what I was thinking ... 100+ points in an SEC conference game. That's some vaunted defense for you.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:21 PM
Putting the Razorbacks in the North would definitely re-spark some old rivalries that they used to have. They wouldn't happen every year but they'd be like Nebraska's situation was before they got all pissy. I'd like to see it. Whether or not the Arkansas Organization would be happy with it....that's a whole different animal.

Snag TCU and you have a Big XII Again. Not sure who you'd move to the North though?

I guess you could put Arkie and TCU in the South and move us and lil brother to the North. Not sure folks who be to happy about that either.

Tigeman
10/17/2010, 08:28 PM
We'd never add TCU. We already have that television market.

Who the Big 12 adds is NOT ABOUT COMPETITIVENESS guys. It's about Money and TV markets PERIOD!

soonerchk
10/17/2010, 08:32 PM
Why not? We have some openings.

bluedogok
10/17/2010, 08:40 PM
I just love the story I found over there.
Meh....it ain't like ripping a dudes sac off :D

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 08:45 PM

Who the Big 12 adds is NOT ABOUT COMPETITIVENESS guys. It's about Money and TV markets PERIOD!

Your right about the money...not so sure about counting TCU or Arkansas out. If TCU didn't consider an offer it's only because they know they'd get their *** handed to them in the Big XII. I mentioned TCU because I know lots of folks would like to see them in the Big XII.

The Big XII might be happy just having ten teams again....

If they aren't...I'm sure they will court some Teams.

King Barry's Back
10/17/2010, 08:53 PM

Geez, can't people get that throught their heads?

We only want a school that brings millions of TV sets.

Somebody with a big urban TV market, preferably two.

In those terms, Nebraska was no loss, but Colorado cost us the Denver market, so that was the one that hurt.

Of course, in those terms, OU is not so valuable either. Which is exactly why Joe C linked us at the hip to TX.

Sooner_Tuf
10/17/2010, 09:04 PM
Colorado didn't have a big fan base. Anyone watching Big XII ball in Denver probably still will be. Denver has a large population from other places. They probably follow teams where they are from.

Nebrasksa is a low population state but it's interest in Big XII football was large. They made just about twice as much TV revenue as Colorado.

Texas has just about the same population as all the other Big XII states combined but OU generates as much (more some years) in TV revenue than UT does. Part of it is we have more games televised (better schedule) and we generally go to better Bowl Games.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:16 PM
Hell...Colorado State probably has a bigger Fan Base now than CU does.

bluedogok
10/17/2010, 09:17 PM
Colorado didn't have a big fan base. Anyone watching Big XII ball in Denver probably still will be. Denver has a large population from other places. They probably follow teams where they are from.

Nebrasksa is a low population state but it's interest in Big XII football was large. They made just about twice as much TV revenue as Colorado.

Texas has just about the same population as all the other Big XII states combined but OU generates as much (more some years) in TV revenue than UT does. Part of it is we have more game televised (better schedule) and we generally go to better Bowl Games.
What was shown in the latest conference expansion discussions was fan base doesn't matter, the number of television sets in a market does whether they are being watched or not is irrelevant. It doesn't matter that CU is not watched all that much in Denver, what matters is is they can sell advertisers that the market is theirs and that is what determines advertising rates.

The Denver-Aurora-Broomfield MSA has an estimated population of 2,357,404, the state of Colorado has 5,024,748. The entire state of Oklahoma is 3,579,212 with the OKC MSA is 1,192,539 and the Tulsa MSA is 929,015, the entire state of Arkansas is 2,855,390. That is what advertisers look at, they do not look at the fact that OKC has typically had the highest rating for OU games after Columbus, Ohio for tOSU games. Sheer number of potential TV sets is what they look at.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 09:20 PM
Does Arkie have HD yet?

silverwheels
10/17/2010, 09:20 PM
I'm lol'ing pretty hard at them thinking that they would be conference champs within 2 years in the Big 12. I would say no thanks to them, anyway. We already have two incredibly delusional fanbases: OSU and Texas A&M.

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 10:06 PM
I'm lol'ing pretty hard at them thinking that they would be conference champs within 2 years in the Big 12. I would say no thanks to them, anyway. We already have two incredibly delusional fanbases: OSU and Texas A&M.

It's more than two now.

_I-4XS3XtZQ

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2010, 10:48 PM
whorns are pretty delusional too.

sozo
10/17/2010, 10:58 PM

Yeah,they have quite a few fans with that type of thinking.They are pretty hacked off at a couple calls that went against them in the Auburn game,forget they gave up 63.They believe they get all the bad calls from the sec officials.Funny thing but I remember them saying that about the swc officials also.It would be the same after a few years in the Big 12 also.Not all the fan are that was but it does seem a higher percentage of them than normal.

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 11:34 PM
LOL at somebody thinking officiating could be better in the BIG 12. :rolleyes:

OUmillenium
10/18/2010, 09:22 AM
We really dont need any more livestock (especially swine) in the Big XII.

LOL!

Always appropriate to rip UTerus (ouch) if the opportunity presents itself!

Hornkiller
10/18/2010, 10:51 AM
TCU TV market is dominated by Horn and Aggie fans.

Arkansas makes sense since Little Rock is #56 and NWA is #100 in the TV market. Wouldn't replace Colorado with Denver #17 but unless the Big XII is ready to go way outside the box (Cincy? TV market #33) there are very few viable options.

Serge Ibaka
10/18/2010, 11:12 AM
wtf, Auburn/Arkansas.

So much for those stellar SEC defenses, amirite?

Dan Thompson
10/18/2010, 01:12 PM
That would be great by me. Just move them into the North.