PDA

View Full Version : So what type of offense will we see?

OU_Sooners75
10/17/2010, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking Missouri runs the spread. How mobile is their qb? I haven't really been paying attention to Missouri this year.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 05:31 PM
They run the spread, their quarterback is somewhat mobile but not fast. They have a very good short pass game.

OU_Sooners75
10/17/2010, 05:37 PM
So they run the offense we are geared to stop, right?

Let's hope our boys go in this week with a chip on their shoulder! Win this one, ou may be the new #1 in the polls!

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 05:39 PM
As allways , if we play to our potential we'll smash them.

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 05:44 PM
It's close to the same offense they ran with Chase Daniel. More empty backfield sets, which = more assignments in the back seven. We desperately need a more consistent performance up front than we've had on average. Gabbert is a better runner than Daniel from what I can see with my own eyes (stats be damned, whatever they are), and no quarterback should be allowed much time to pick us apart if we hope to win. I am somewhat intrigued by Mizzou playing better defense this year; but I'm not yet sure if it's paper tiger defense like it was in 2007 when we lined up and exposed them both times.

Like stated above, if we play to OUr potential, we should win. By how much? Who knows?

SoonerShay
10/17/2010, 05:55 PM
It's close to the same offense they ran with Chase Daniel. More empty backfield sets, which = more assignments in the back seven. We desperately need a more consistent performance up front than we've had on average. Gabbert is a better runner than Daniel from what I can see with my own eyes (stats be damned, whatever they are), and no quarterback should be allowed much time to pick us apart if we hope to win. I am somewhat intrigued by Mizzou playing better defense this year; but I'm not yet sure if it's paper tiger defense like it was in 2007 when we lined up and exposed them both times.

Like stated above, if we play to OUr potential, we should win. By how much? Who knows?

Uhhh he isn't even close to as good a runner as BoogerBoy, what games have you been watching? Stats be damned, but he has negative yards rushing on the year and Mizzou allows the least sacks in the league.

silverwheels
10/17/2010, 05:58 PM
Gabbert is not as quick as Daniel but still has good straight line speed. I don't think we'll see much running from him, though.

SoonerShay
10/17/2010, 06:06 PM
Gabbert is also nursing some kind of injury, they say it's a hip pointer but some in Missouri are speculating that it is his ribs.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 06:07 PM
Gabbert is also nursing some kind of injury, they say it's a hip pointer but some in Missouri are speculating that it is his ribs.

I thought it was a rib injury?

yukonsooner
10/17/2010, 06:17 PM
I too haven't been keeping up with Mizzou. Have they had any significant wins? I'm not real impressed with their win over aTm, because I don't think they are very good.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 07:01 PM
I think Gabbert is comparable some with Gilbert with texas...except a lot better passer