PDA

View Full Version : OUr Running Game

Rocko
10/17/2010, 03:56 PM
Is DEEP!

We currently have four, FOUR (ok, 5 counting Calhoun) potential backs on our roster right now and everyone of them has been explosive when we've seen them. What other team in the nation can say this?

The highly anticipated Finch came up huge, receiving 13 carries and 92 yards. He's shifty and explodes into the hole. He's certainly an X factor for our team in the future as he shows the potential to break a big one on any given play.

Murray and Madu are a great bread and butter tandem as we have seen this season, and while they are not "complementary" of each other, Madu is intense and bowls over at least one guy before he's brought down.

Looking into the future, it is fortunate that we are able to give two potential starters some valuable playing time. Clay and Finch will hopefully create another great back duo, but Clay will have to work on catching as he had two (to my memory) drops last night that seemed pretty catchable.

This team is just so darn exciting!

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 03:59 PM
Our line is inconsistant

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 03:59 PM
Watching Madu fumble last night was not fun. Just when you think he's about to show us again why we all want to see him on the field more he let that one loose.

I felt really bad for him then.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 04:00 PM
Watching Madu fumble last night was not fun. Just when you think he's about to show us again why we all want to see him on the field more he let that one loose.

I felt really bad for him then.

My heart sank for him, Hits the line like a beast and almost gets in the open then on contact loses it.

oumartin
10/17/2010, 04:02 PM
shame the blocking sucks for the most part

Okie35
10/17/2010, 04:03 PM
Our line is inconsistant

I agree but I do think the pass blocking is almost top notch this year. The run blocking still needs a little work.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 04:04 PM
madu's 3 fumbles against AF hurt his trust level some even though they didnt cost the game and im pretty sure all or most were recovered by OU

Cornfed
I agree but I do think the pass blocking is almost top notch this year. The run blocking still needs a little work.

Truth, I should have said our runblocking is inconsistant. Our passblocking is spot on.

TheMind__Gap
Miller will be pretty good also after this red shirt year.

swardboy
But Madu isn't known for fumbling, so I don't think this should be a huge distraction. Of course we now know that Bob certainly has options if you lay the ball down.....

Well, aside from the AF game.

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 04:12 PM
Finch looked every bit what he was hyped to be (not the message board jokes, I'm talking about the coaches' hype). He is just like a young Quentin Griffin and damn fast. He has something (I don't know if you'd call it a problem or not) like AD once had here when the coaches said he goes a little too fast, and runs into contact that way. All great RBs eventually get their patience down in the open field and learn to distinguish when to burn. I like how fast he gets through the line, and because of his size, he can get through the narrowest of lanes.

oudavid1
10/17/2010, 04:20 PM
Next year is looking like Clay/Finch combo with Jonathon Miller filling in a Calhoun hopefully getting in on 3rd down.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 04:30 PM
Not even that the pass blocking is so much better, but LJ is trusting his line more...there was times last year and the beginning of this year he was panicking and leaving the pocket early and he has settled down a bit..

not saying it was great last year but not as bad as some think

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2010, 04:31 PM
Next year is looking like Clay/Finch combo with Jonathon Miller filling in a Calhoun hopefully getting in on 3rd down.

I really don't see Bob using 4 runningbacks...

Jermie Calhoun is this teams Donte Hickson

pappy
10/17/2010, 04:35 PM
And the Brandon Williams kid who is coming in next year looks pretty good too.

VA Sooner
10/17/2010, 04:38 PM
We do have some depth at running back... a little bit of everything with everyone able to contribute.

Good to see Finch finally on the field... felt bad about Madu's fumble... but...

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/17/2010, 04:46 PM
I say we trade one of our RB's for a draft pick.

WestLakeHillsSooner
10/17/2010, 04:47 PM
And the Brandon Williams kid who is coming in next year looks pretty good too.

Personally, I think Williams is the best player in all high school football this year. He'll play next year if healthy.

XFollower
10/17/2010, 05:28 PM
What happened to Jonathan Miller?

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 05:44 PM
I really don't see Bob using 4 runningbacks...

Jermie Calhoun is this teams Donte Hickson

And that's kind of a bummer. I think it's good for future recruiting if the high profile kids do well and prove our coaches can bring them along. But if he isn't cutting it, have to play the kids that are.

jmillerfan
10/18/2010, 02:34 PM
What happened to Jonathan Miller?

Jonathon is still around just waiting his turn...sounds like he should probably just quit from all the hype doesn't look like he stands a chance against these stud running backs we have (j/k).

I'm sure they will all do well I don't think you can keep a guy like Jonathon on the bench for too long. Some of you guys never really seen him run the ball but I will say this his style is likened to Arian Foster of the Houston Texans. I had a hard time figuring it out when he was being recruited but after watching Foster run the ball this is what you get from J:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JoMa0H6uk