PDA

View Full Version : So how did Wort look?

soonersalesman
10/17/2010, 03:10 PM
Didn't get to see the game. Just heard Bob Barry and Merv Johnson.:(

Read where Travis Lewis led with tackles. Apparently McFarland had a good game along with Alexander. Apparently Quinton Carter was bringing some wood.

Been some frustration with Wort over the season and seemed to put it together with Texas. Just wondered how he looked last night. Apparently not too many blatant mistakes or this forum would mention it. Does he seem to be getting the hang of it or does he seem to be making more then his share of typical redshirt freshman mistakes?

Living down here in Denton I have to depend on you guys for the details of games I don't get to see.:(

StoopTroup
10/17/2010, 03:14 PM
Wort = 1 Solo and 2 Assist on Tackles. He split credit on a sack too I think.

Pretty hard to be a stand out last night when Travis is racking most of them up.

Lewis = 8 solo and 6 assisted

goingoneight
10/17/2010, 03:18 PM
He's doing better about getting guys lined up, but he still makes typical freshmen mistakes he can iron out by the end of the season. First I saw of Austin Box he was in the ISU backfield with virtually no effort. He looked good when they used him.

Cornfed
10/17/2010, 03:19 PM
He was in the right place for 95 percent of the night, if a hole is plugged you can't run through it.

Rocko
10/17/2010, 03:22 PM
He is an evident emotional powder keg, in the good sorta way. He gets absolutely fired up when the D gets good stops, and his teammates can feed off of that!

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 03:25 PM
Wort looked to be in position most the time and is getting more consistent. ISU got a few of their 1st downs when Box came in and he looked rusty as to be expected. Good to work Box back into the game when the game was not in doubt.

oumartin
10/17/2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.zfootdoc.com/_borders/wart1.jpg

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2010, 03:30 PM
^This could get ugly.

VA Sooner
10/17/2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.zfootdoc.com/_borders/wart1.jpg

Damn that's disgusting. Had to poke my eyes out afterwards.

swardboy
10/17/2010, 04:50 PM
Off topic: My dad took his bayonet and cut out a planter's wart on the bottom of his foot during basic training as a Marine, then went on to the Inchon Landing during the Korean War....He is my Hero.

TumbleweedDoom
10/17/2010, 07:06 PM
Wort did an excellent job, as far as tackling the ground and steaming full-speed ahead, head down, into the wrong gap. If that's what we're looking for at MLB, then we're golden.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2010, 07:26 PM
WHWWWWWWWweeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

GregFockerRN
10/17/2010, 08:22 PM
There's a reason why Travis Lewis got so many tackles. In our scheme the Will always has the most tackles. Wort did a good job of taking on blocks and filling holes. I remember one play very distinctly where I mentioned to my buddy and we saw on replay where Tom took on two guys, filled the hole and Travis did a great job scraping and making the tackle for minimal or no gain. That's how it's supposed to be done.